Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: November 2016 leaked video shows Google executives openly bashing Trump & election results

Load Metric

November 2016 leaked video shows Google executives openly bashing Trump & election results

Uh-oh

Nailed on Trump's morning tweet-storm.

Not watching the 1-hour video, but if Breitbart's take is accurate then could be quite damaging for Google.
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post

Not watching the 1-hour video, but if Breitbart's take is accurate then could be quite damaging for Google.

why?

whose the heartland going to go to for search results if they boycott... altavista.com?

google👏is👏not👏a👏public👏sector👏utility👏and👏they👏can 👏do👏as👏they👏please and im not even going to get into the military contracts they have that trump cant afford to fuck up.

Comments

duped_samaritan: ��
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

why?

whose the heartland going to go to for search results if they boycott... altavista.com?

googleisnotapublicsectorutilityandtheycan doastheyplease and im not even going to get into the military contracts they have that trump cant afford to fuck up.

Just going off the reaction to Nike really.

I think most people like to believe that mega-companies such as Google should act with impartiality when it comes to politics.

That's how the likes of Fox News will report it tonight I should imagine anyway.

Load Metric

why?

googleisnotapublicsectorutilityandtheycan doastheyplease and im not even going to get into the military contracts they have that trump cant afford to fuck up.
    I find it hilarious that conservatives claim that Google and Facebook should be regulated like public utilities in order to prevent them from “censoring conservatives” when the same conservatives don’t believe that Internet access through a monopoly or near-monopoly-power ISP itself should be regulated as a utility.

#ConvenientConservotardInconsistency
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 09-13-2018 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Eliminated
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric

nike's stock is doing great.

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-09-12 at 7.37.19 PM.png
Views: 427
Size:  122.6 KB

google should be so lucky to get the nike treatment.

Comments

duped_samaritan: ��WHY��CANT��WE��CLAP��BACK��WITH��REP

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    It was released by Breitbart yesterday. Up until then, the video had not been seen by the public, though supposedly the NY Times had it months ago and chose not to run it.

You can see the full video here: https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/...rump-election/

Here are some highlights if you only have 1 minute:

Why does this matter?

Because Google has such tremendous influence on everything nowadays, and there has long been an allegation of political bias. If executives are being so openly political at an all-hands meeting like this, you can only imagine how skewed company policies and practices must be, when it comes to anything political.

Funny how liberal the Google executives are, yet they violate civil liberties of American citizens on a daily basis, with their various sneaky data collection techniques. They escaped mostly unscathed from the February Facebook scandal, but their day of reckoning is coming soon.

Sad!

Comments

duped_samaritan: You are becoming an old angry man faster every day

sah_24: Counter libtard hypocrisy rep

Load Metric
    It was released by Breitbart yesterday. Up until then, the video had not been seen by the public, though supposedly the NY Times had it months ago and chose not to run it.

You can see the full video here: https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/...rump-election/

Here are some highlights if you only have 1 minute:

Why does this matter?

Because Google has such tremendous influence on everything nowadays, and there has long been an allegation of political bias. If executives are being so openly political at an all-hands meeting like this, you can only imagine how skewed company policies and practices must be, when it comes to anything political.

Funny how liberal the Google executives are, yet they violate civil liberties of American citizens on a daily basis, with their various sneaky data collection techniques. They escaped mostly unscathed from the February Facebook scandal, but their day of reckoning is coming soon.

Sad!

People use a free service and bitch when the company providing it does something that is legal even if it is quite shady? Which prompts me to ask

What??? You thought Google, a for-profit corporation, was altuisticly providing its free services for the good of its users???

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I have no problem with ad-supported or data-supported free services, provided they are up front regarding what they do and don't collect, and how that data is shared and used.

Google and Facebook are notoriously secretive about this.

That's what led to the Cambridge Analytica Facebook scandal of February 2018.

I had been warning about this for years beforehand. In fact, two months BEFORE the Cambridge Analytica scandal, I wrote this:

Google and Facebook are committing massive privacy violations on a daily basis -- ones which would shock the average person if they knew the extent of it -- and yet this is somehow ignored.

Google's day is coming.

Load Metric
    LULZ at using the google in the current year.

Load Metric
    I have no problem with ad-supported or data-supported free services, provided they are up front regarding what they do and don't collect, and how that data is shared and used.

I had been warning about this for years beforehand. In fact, two months BEFORE the Cambridge Analytica scandal, I wrote this:

Google and Facebook are committing massive privacy violations on a daily basis -- ones which would shock the average person if they knew the extent of it -- and yet this is somehow ignored.

Google's day is coming.
    I believe, and have believed for a couple months now, that Trump's next two years will be about breaking up the largest tech companies ala standard oil was back in 1911 due to anti trust issues. Two companies have a monopoly on advertising. That's all he needs. They're toast. I expect Trump will shit can Sessions as soon as day after election and will recess appoint someone of his choosing and Congress will do zero about it. I'm not trying to get real political but Sessions is gonzo. Not a big Guilliani fan but him as Attorney General would be lol for libtards. Even Lindsey Goober Graham has recently stated Sessions has been complete shit and needs to go and he was the guy who stated that if Trump ever fired Sessions there would be hell to pay. Reality is recess appointments are fairly common and watching the fallout will be hilarious.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post

Google's day is coming.
    I believe, and have believed for a couple months now, that Trump's next two years will be about breaking up the largest tech companies ala standard oil was back in 1911 due to anti trust issues. Two companies have a monopoly on advertising. That's all he needs. They're toast. I expect Trump will shit can Sessions as soon as day after election and will recess appoint someone of his choosing and Congress will do zero about it. I'm not trying to get real political but Sessions is gonzo. Not a big Guilliani fan but him as Attorney General would be lol for libtards. Even Lindsey Goober Graham has recently stated Sessions has been complete shit and needs to go and he was the guy who stated that if Trump ever fired Sessions there would be hell to pay. Reality is recess appointments are fairly common and watching the fallout will be hilarious.
    Breaking up Google wouldn't change much.

While they have no real competition, that's not the main problem here.

The main problem is the unprecedented influence on information received by the public, as well as their highly intrusive and opaque data collection routines.

The "thought police" depicted in 1984 are already here, in some ways. Google controls our ability to find and access information on the internet, as well as which videos we are allowed to watch. Conservatives are fired or demoted from the company if their political beliefs are discovered. Despite the company's supposed progressive liberal politics, they commit daily privacy and data misuse violations, without most of the public even realizing it.

If Google were broken up, it would simply split into a few different smaller versions of what we already see.

The entire monolithic thought culture of Silicon Valley needs to change, and separately, there needs to be aggressive changes in laws regarding data collection and usage.

Comments

MumblesBadly: What about ISP’s new ability to collect browsing info with the FCC ending net neutrality???

sah_24: counter mumbles the retard

Load Metric
    PFA has a chokehold on the right wing cancer fraud market.

Sad!

Comments

splitthis: Zing

sah_24: It was the left wingers on PFA that were cancer fraud crew tho ... only on PFA

Load Metric

nike's stock is doing great.

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-09-12 at 7.37.19 PM.png
Views: 427
Size:  122.6 KB

google should be so lucky to get the nike treatment.
    It would appear that Nike has learned from Under Armour's mistake and they know where their bread is buttered. The typical conservative voter doesn't exactly fit into Nike's primary demographic if you know what I mean.....

The inner city thug will blow their money on the product while the rich white guy will make money owning shares. It's a vicious cycle.

Load Metric
    Hate that he's created a new thread using my name and THAT title.

FTR I'm delighted that Google was horrified with Trump's election. I was merely pointing out that they've been caught and it could spell trouble for the company.

Anybody with an ounce of decency should be horrified with Trump's election win.

Platinum
    Load Metric

FTR I'm delighted that Google was horrified with Trump's election. I was merely pointing out that they've been caught and it could spell trouble for the company.

They are in the process of being sued by Damore. I am guessing this isn't going to be a good look. It basically confirms what his lawsuit alleges. Could you imagine being a conservative in that room? Talk about overt political discrimination (which is illegal).

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post

They are in the process of being sued by Damore. I am guessing this isn't going to be a good look. It basically confirms what his lawsuit alleges. Could you imagine being a conservative in that room? Talk about overt political discrimination (which is illegal).
    I know and have worked with a ton of conservatives in Silicon Valley and exactly none of them were looked upon with any palpable sense of disdain before Trump happened.

The 'discrimination' since then boils down to autistic screeching Milo fans getting sanctioned for not knowing how to act, and emotionally weak individuals externalizing their embarrassment.

Platinum
    Load Metric

I know and have worked with a ton of conservatives in Silicon Valley and exactly none of them were looked upon with any palpable sense of disdain before Trump happened.

The 'discrimination' since then boils down to autistic screeching Milo fans getting sanctioned for not knowing how to act, and emotionally weak individuals externalizing their embarrassment.
    So you are trying to argue this is the first time Google had an off the camera meeting like this? This is actually a disappointing take from you.

Damore's lawsuit alleges Google routinely has ideological reeducation camps/meetings, where employees are pressured to prove their political loyalty to the leftist cause. Nothing I have seen coming from Google in the last 2 years leads me to believe this claim isn't true.

Interestingly, Damore claims Google pretty much has everything that goes on in the company on camera, except when they have leftist indoctrination/purity test meetings there is strict no camera/recording policies. The fact they feel the need to hide (and this leak of what goes on when the cameras are off) is pretty much admission of guilt.

Load Metric

So you are trying to argue this is the first time Google had an off the camera meeting like this? This is actually a disappointing take from you.

Damore's lawsuit alleges Google routinely has ideological reeducation camps/meetings, where employees are pressured to prove their political loyalty to the leftist cause. Nothing I have seen coming from Google in the last 2 years leads me to believe this claim isn't true.

Interestingly, Damore claims Google pretty much has everything that goes on in the company on camera, except when they have leftist indoctrination/purity test meetings there is strict no camera/recording policies. The fact they feel the need to hide (and this leak of what goes on when the cameras are off) is pretty much admission of guilt.

It's awkward and embarrassing that you think I'd take your opinion on the subject of Google's "politics" seriously enough to argue at all.

I'm giving you first person testimonials about a culture you clearly know nothing about beyond what you hear from people who claim mandatory HR training counts as indoctrination.

Miss me with that gay shit.

Platinum
    Load Metric

It's awkward and embarrassing that you think I'd take your opinion on the subject of Google's "politics" seriously enough to argue at all.

I'm giving you first person testimonials about a culture you clearly know nothing about beyond what you hear from people who claim mandatory HR training counts as indoctrination.

Miss me with that gay shit.
    The lawsuit actually claims most of the indoctrination training took place in voluntary meetings for employees interested in management positions, where Google made it clear the ideological purity one would need to demonstrate to get an opportunity for being a manager. I am just paraphrasing what the lawsuit says, and I tend to believe it is true. I guess we will see what a jury thinks some point down the road.

Load Metric
    I think if you put the same amount of scrutiny on Damore's character as you did faith in what is only slightly more sophisticated than a jailhouse writ you would understand that he's literally a MAGA autist one bad mood stabilizer experience away from a mass shooting.

Thread Information