Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: THE PERPLEXING AND OUTRAGEOUS CASE OF THE DALLAS COP IN THE WRONG APARTMENT

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCommode View Post
    Here's her 911 call. Mostly, all she seems to care about is that she's "fucked" and will lose her job.

I still don't understand how she could confuse an apartment with a red doormat and a potted plant in front with her own which has neither.

It seems to be pretty clear that she probably wasn't substance tested and I still want to know whether she went straight home after work.

I have no clue how Texas law and trials work, but if she stands trial for murder only with no possible lesser charge considered that would be a path to a not guilty verdict. Unless something else comes out, right now only manslaughter would be a slam dunk conviction.

Unless this woman is a great actress, I think I believe now that this wasn't intentional.

However, I think you raise a great point about being substance tested. This now looks like a mistake which was brought on by either alcohol or drug abuse.

They should probably go for manslaughter here.

Comments

duped_samaritan: agree

Load Metric
    ambien.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Here's her 911 call. Mostly, all she seems to care about is that she's "fucked" and will lose her job.

I still don't understand how she could confuse an apartment with a red doormat and a potted plant in front with her own which has neither.

It seems to be pretty clear that she probably wasn't substance tested and I still want to know whether she went straight home after work.

I have no clue how Texas law and trials work, but if she stands trial for murder only with no possible lesser charge considered that would be a path to a not guilty verdict. Unless something else comes out, right now only manslaughter would be a slam dunk conviction.

IMO, where she says “I thought I was in my apartment” right after saying she was afraid she’d lose her job sounds like a intentional lie given how calm her tone was while saying it versus how panicked she sounded immediately before that about expressing concern about her job.

P.S. I listened again and get the impression that she’s had a few drinks. Maybe more than a few.
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 05-01-2019 at 12:03 AM.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    GUILTY!
    https://www.dallasnews.com/news/cour...g-botham-jean/

Shocked but pleased that it was murder and not manslaughter. Her recklessness was beyond belief, kind of like running a stop sign and passing a stopped school bus while running over a pedestrian in a crosswalk. There was no intent to kill, but certainly an expectation that someone might get hurt.

Her sentencing hearing is being streamed on Yahoo.

Notes on trial:

Defense couldn't get the trial out of Dallas and moved to a whiter place. Thy wound up with a more urban jury.

They changed her look to a less authoritarian, and for some reason, a more glamorous look.

She was sexting with her cop boyfriend and was probably distracted. Both she and her boyfriend deleted the sexts.

There was a bright red doormat at the victim's entrance and no such doormat at her unit.

Name:  images (3).jpg
Views: 443
Size:  6.7 KB Name:  images (2).jpg
Views: 409
Size:  8.2 KB

Load Metric
    its crazy to me that the prosecutors alleged she was distracted and that was the root of all this, and still wound up with a murder conviction.

didnt they somehow 'forget' to test her blood for like 24+ hours?

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    its crazy to me that the prosecutors alleged she was distracted and that was the root of all this, and still wound up with a murder conviction.

Yeah, her defense attorney must have sucked big time. I can't see how this is a murder conviction unless she knew she was killing someone unjustifiably.

So if the prosecution's case was centered around her being distracted, I just don't get how this wasn't manslaughter.

The problem is that, due to the political nature of high profile prosecutions (and how convictions like these can make a prosecutor's career), they often go for the gold, and she unfortunately ended up with an urban jury who detested whitey for killing an innocent black man.

Not exactly a miscarriage of justice, as she deserved to be convicted of manslaughter, but an over-conviction for sure.

Comments

JimmyG_415: Yup

Load Metric
    I just don't see how a guy, (even if you were a racist and it was a black guy), sitting on a couch eating ice cream, could be threatening. She says she saw a silhouette, who eats ice cream in the dark?

Good example of how more guns F things up, if she wasn't packing, he wouldn't be dead.
    It would've been an awkward moment at worst, and maybe even a few laughs.

That said I agree w/Druff, over conviction. I'd say 2nd or 3rd degree murder, THOUGH.
    I read she could get 99 years.

GUILTY!
    https://www.dallasnews.com/news/cour...g-botham-jean/

Shocked but pleased that it was murder and not manslaughter. Her recklessness was beyond belief, kind of like running a stop sign and passing a stopped school bus while running over a pedestrian in a crosswalk. There was no intent to kill, but certainly an expectation that someone might get hurt.

Her sentencing hearing is being streamed on Yahoo.

Notes on trial:

Defense couldn't get the trial out of Dallas and moved to a whiter place. Thy wound up with a more urban jury.

They changed her look to a less authoritarian, and for some reason, a more glamorous look.

She was sexting with her cop boyfriend and was probably distracted. Both she and her boyfriend deleted the sexts.

There was a bright red doormat at the victim's entrance and no such doormat at her unit.

Name:  images (3).jpg
Views: 443
Size:  6.7 KB Name:  images (2).jpg
Views: 409
Size:  8.2 KB
    San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Load Metric
    Lets not forget that she shot the guy, was trained in cpr and emergency first aid, had actual real EMT supplies including combat gauze in her backpack that's pretty much made for things like this, TOOK ALL HER SUPPLIES OUT AND PUT THEM ON THE TABLE, THEN LET THE GUY BLEED OUT IN SEVERE PAIN while she was all worried about losing her job, which is proven by her texts and the phone calls she made. She claimed to try to do a little CPR, but she had no blood on her, so that's a clear lie. She made a series of decisions that 100% went against everything she was trained to do, and her actions after the fact assured his death. Every action she took was unreasonable, and compounded every action she had already taken. In a vacuum, the shooting could be considered 2nd or 3rd degree. Her actions after the shooting, considering her job and her training and how she did the opposite of everything she knew she should have done, erases all that.

That's murder.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Lol what is this "distracted by sexting" headline I'm seeing. Was that just an excuse to out her affair or was her defense literally "i didnt know whose place it was cuz I was looking at dick pics as I opened the door"?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Lets not forget that she shot the guy, was trained in cpr and emergency first aid, had actual real EMT supplies including combat gauze in her backpack that's pretty much made for things like this, TOOK ALL HER SUPPLIES OUT AND PUT THEM ON THE TABLE, THEN LET THE GUY BLEED OUT IN SEVERE PAIN while she was all worried about losing her job, which is proven by her texts and the phone calls she made. She claimed to try to do a little CPR, but she had no blood on her, so that's a clear lie. She made a series of decisions that 100% went against everything she was trained to do, and her actions after the fact assured his death. Every action she took was unreasonable, and compounded every action she had already taken. In a vacuum, the shooting could be considered 2nd or 3rd degree. Her actions after the shooting, considering her job and her training and how she did the opposite of everything she knew she should have done, erases all that.

That's murder.
    all true, but also i thought one of the central themes of this case was that she had some history with this neighbor. eg 'noise complaints' because he like, had a tv on, or was being black too loud, etc.

anyone saying this was actually manslaughter is a thin blue line bootlicker and maga enthusiast. what surprised me about the murder charge was that the case seemed to morph from a clear, unprovoked execution to the sheepish declaration that 'she was distracted so its still murder but somehow accidental regardless'.

also im guessing the reason this ended up pitched like that is because she rejected a plea so the prosecution was like ok fuck it, lets play hardball because i dont even need the truth to get you 99 years and a wakeup.

Load Metric
    10 years.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Yeah, her defense attorney must have sucked big time. I can't see how this is a murder conviction unless she knew she was killing someone unjustifiably.

So if the prosecution's case was centered around her being distracted, I just don't get how this wasn't manslaughter.

The problem is that, due to the political nature of high profile prosecutions (and how convictions like these can make a prosecutor's career), they often go for the gold, and she unfortunately ended up with an urban jury who detested whitey for killing an innocent black man.

Not exactly a miscarriage of justice, as she deserved to be convicted of manslaughter, but an over-conviction for sure.
    OK, this is the Texas statute for murder which is what many of us in different states call 2nd degree murder. To me, she falls within the law's criteria. The word intent can mean that she didn't go to his unit to kill him, but once she decided to shoot, she did intend to kill him. She certainly meets any recklessness criteria. Ten years seems like a bargain. I think that the toilet poker chip dumper got something like 5 years. Of course, she won't actually do anything like 10 years.
    https://statelaws.findlaw.com/texas-...rder-laws.html

Comments

sonatine: interesting

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Yeah the verdict seemed too strong, yet the sentence felt too light. I was thinking like 20-25 years. It was such a strange ass case that it had me watching the trial a bit the last few days. I can’t remember anything quite like it where someone is legitimately so fucking stupid that you’d almost feel bad for her one minute, and then think she should get 50 years a few minutes later. I can’t imagine what was going through that poor fuckers head his last few moments. He legit ran into the dumbest sober person ever.

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post

That's murder.
    You have swayed me i believe,...not easy to do... i thought it be a harsh man slaughter conviction..after reading yr post,i see clearer and COURT folks most certainly thought along the lines you mentioned...thank you.

Load Metric

oh and quick reminder jesus was a black man.

Comments

JohnCommode: A better man than I am

devidee: Christianity is a Jewish psyop.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric

oh and quick reminder jesus was a black man.

Load Metric
    jean's neighbor, who was a key witness at the trial, was just executed.

no one in custody.

Load Metric
    https://www.yahoo.com/gma/botham-jea...opstories.html

Appears to be at a different apartment complex than the Guyger shooting.

If Guyger should win a new trial appeal, it makes it a bit more difficult for the prosecution.

In a case in which the woman who recorded the crime scene area right after the shooting was fired from her job and was the recipient of death threats for posting the recording on social media, conspiracy theories will be out there. Who knows?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Name:  joshua_brown_killed_100519_hpMain_20191005-203301_16x9_608.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  23.6 KB

My GOD, He was shot dead right on the witness stand!

That shit is just fucked up.

Tine, GET IN HERE! WHAT THE FUCK??

Comments

JohnCommode: Well done

Thread Information