Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Serena outplayed explodes and turns final us open into a debacle

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    If u listen to libtard media it's all about becouse she is a woman or black or a he she or whatever..

Same ol same ol tired argument...

Love seeing libtards expose themselves. That tired rhetoric unfortunately worked for too long now everyone just rolls there's eyes at it.

Even the blacks in the Bronx said she was out played..

These white libtards are becoming a joke. Just watch any 10 minutes of morning Joe or meet the press. It's cringe worthy.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesparten View Post
    If u listen to libtard media it's all about becouse she is a woman or black or a he she or whatever..

Love seeing libtards expose themselves. That tired rhetoric unfortunately worked for too long now everyone just rolls there's eyes at it.

These white libtards are becoming a joke. Just watch any 10 minutes of morning Joe or meet the press. It's cringe worthy.
    Can you point out any media saying this? Everything I've read has been the opposite - just twitter idiots

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thesparten View Post

Can you point out any media saying this? Everything I've read has been the opposite - just twitter idiots
    I know longer get into nit argument,s with libtards they can nit all day over the offensive placement of a comma or misspelled word..

That's also part of that Same ol same ol libtard experience that has been folod 4or tou, loong,.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by peter mcneil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    Never been a big fan of Williams sisters. Always saw them as abusive and mentally weak. I more so preferred Hingis.

I'm divided on this because the "I demand an apology" is laughable, I have no idea if coaching was going on. I have also been someone who feels like players need to be penalized more often for abusive actions towards chair umpires. That being said Serena is totally correct that male players are way more abusive and do not get called out for it. She also takes way more flack for her actions and attitude than her male counterparts. So she is correct here completely.

It's fine to hate here as long as you also call out the males for it (which I have always done but many others haven't).
    This just isn't the case, men get defaulted out of matches far more regularly than women on tour do. Fabio Fognini was defaulted out of the US Open last year for a very similar outburst.

Serena got exactly what she deserved but acted like an entitled bitch. Don't buy her sexism bullshit. Show me one instance where a man refuses to play when he's called to, smashes a racquet and berates the ump as well as gets caught coaching without penalty. Fognini would disagree, his default cost him a pile of money last year. He was also kicked out of the doubles draw where he had advanced to the third round.

https://www-firstpost-com.cdn.amppro...e-4002569.html

I also don't buy it that she takes more flack, she gets more leeway if anything. She's been a terrible ambassador for tennis and a horrible sport her entire career but she's still hailed as some sort of feminist hero when she's anything but.
    I don;t disagree that she has been a bad ambassador. But no one says the same about Agassi, Connors, or McEnroe. All of them were applauded for their behaviour and often rewarded. I admit I don't follow tennis as much anymore. But I played competitively and watched regularly throughout the nineties and it was clear there was a bias. Maybe not as bad today but from this thread it still seems pretty prevalent.

Again not excusing her behaviour at all but Tennis is notoriously sexist (ah the days of Kournikova). Hell there are still tons of clubs where women must wear skirts. You are blind if you don;t see major hypocrisy on how women and men are treated.

Load Metric
    Wow, bad look for her...

Load Metric

This just isn't the case, men get defaulted out of matches far more regularly than women on tour do. Fabio Fognini was defaulted out of the US Open last year for a very similar outburst.

Serena got exactly what she deserved but acted like an entitled bitch. Don't buy her sexism bullshit. Show me one instance where a man refuses to play when he's called to, smashes a racquet and berates the ump as well as gets caught coaching without penalty. Fognini would disagree, his default cost him a pile of money last year. He was also kicked out of the doubles draw where he had advanced to the third round.

https://www-firstpost-com.cdn.amppro...e-4002569.html

I also don't buy it that she takes more flack, she gets more leeway if anything. She's been a terrible ambassador for tennis and a horrible sport her entire career but she's still hailed as some sort of feminist hero when she's anything but.
    I don;t disagree that she has been a bad ambassador. But no one says the same about Agassi, Connors, or McEnroe. All of them were applauded for their behaviour and often rewarded. I admit I don't follow tennis as much anymore. But I played competitively and watched regularly throughout the nineties and it was clear there was a bias. Maybe not as bad today but from this thread it still seems pretty prevalent.

Again not excusing her behaviour at all but Tennis is notoriously sexist (ah the days of Kournikova). Hell there are still tons of clubs where women must wear skirts. You are blind if you don;t see major hypocrisy on how women and men are treated.
    Connors was absolutely hated most of his career. It wasn't until he had a deep run at the US Open and he gave the speech telling the crowd he knows they don't like him but he loves them that he started to win them over. It took time, as an old guy competing his ass off he became loved but most of his career he was a villain. At all the local stops in California where Connors played most of his juniors he was despised by the tennis directors.

The same is true for McEnroe, he was booed mercilessly when he would rant and lose the plot. Who was booed yesterday? Osaka of all people and it brought her to tears. As far as the men being rewarded for bad behaviour any examples? Mac was the villain vs the well mannered Borg. I've seen Mac and Agassi kicked out of matches for bad behaviour. Let's not forget that Serena is loved, cheered at nearly every tournament despite her consistent bad behaviour. Mandatory tennis skirts haven't been a part of tennis for a long time but why is different dress code for the genders sexist? Men deal with dress code as well. Go to a tennis club now and a large % of female players prefer to wear a skirt.

That's cool you played competitive tennis in the 90's. I did as well, I'm Canadian but travelled to the US regularly to play tournaments like Orange Bowl and Fiesta bowl as a junior. I also played satellites and worked my way up to challengers where my game stalled out. Where did you grow up playing? Do you still play now?

I'll also tell you this about Serena, she's a bitch and a diva. At all the tour stops she hit with male partner's before she hired a full time hitting partner. At the Rogers Cup my buddies would all relish the opportunity to hit with her just to kick her ass and watch her be miserable.

Comments

BetCheckBet:
    Last edited by peter mcneil; 09-10-2018 at 06:40 AM.

Load Metric

Connors was absolutely hated most of his career. It wasn't until he had a deep run at the US Open and he gave the speech telling the crowd he knows they don't like him but he loves them that he started to win them over. It took time, as an old guy competing his ass off the became loved but most of his career he was a villain. At all the local stops in California where Connors played most of his juniors he was despised by the tennis directors.

The same is true for McEnroe, he was booed mercilessly when he would rant and lose the plot. Who was booed yesterday? Osaka of all people and it brought her to tears.

That's cool you played competitive tennis in the 90's. I did as well, I'm Canadian but travelled to the US regularly to play tournaments like Orange Bowl and Fiesta bowl as a junior. I also played satellites and worked my way up to challengers where my game stalled out. Where did you grow up playing? Do you still play now?

I'll also tell you this about Serena, she's a bitch and a diva. At all the tour stops she hit with male partner's before she hired a full time hitting partner. At the Rogers Cup my buddies would all relish the opportunity to hit with her just to kick her ass and watch her be miserable.
    Haven;t swung a racket in ten years... well tennis racket. I stopped playing seriously probably at 20 (junior city champion that sort of thing). I didn;t live on west coast or southern ontario in Canada which limits possibilities for development. Impressed with your credentials definitely better than me.

I don't deny Serena was a bitch. Just that people seem more willing to forgive males for similar behaviour because its socially acceptable.

Load Metric
    my fav shoes of all time, i wore them till nothing left.

Name:  979ad0be.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  87.5 KB

my racket at the time RD-7 (Washington the only black guy), hardly any males used yonex but I learned with them and wasn;t going to stop.

Name:  s-l1600.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  125.8 KB

Load Metric

Connors was absolutely hated most of his career. It wasn't until he had a deep run at the US Open and he gave the speech telling the crowd he knows they don't like him but he loves them that he started to win them over. It took time, as an old guy competing his ass off the became loved but most of his career he was a villain. At all the local stops in California where Connors played most of his juniors he was despised by the tennis directors.

The same is true for McEnroe, he was booed mercilessly when he would rant and lose the plot. Who was booed yesterday? Osaka of all people and it brought her to tears.

Haven;t swung a racket in ten years... well tennis racket. I stopped playing seriously probably at 20 (junior city champion that sort of thing). I didn;t live on west coast or southern ontario in Canada which limits possibilities for development. Impressed with your credentials definitely better than me.

I don't deny Serena was a bitch. Just that people seem more willing to forgive males for similar behaviour because its socially acceptable.
    I can't help but question this, hasn't Serena absorbed bad behaviour similar to men? She's been cherished in the media and has enormous endorsement deals. That's despite some insane incidents. Threatening law suits vs chair umps, threatening a female line judge aggressively, always embroiled in drama with other female players on tour, discrediting opponents after matches.

Think of guys like Fognini, Berdych and Robin Soderling. These guys have been despised on tour by fans and fellow players and I'd argue none of them have engaged in the type of behaviour Serena has.

Load Metric
    my fav shoes of all time, i wore them till nothing left.

Name:  979ad0be.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  87.5 KB

my racket at the time RD-7 (Washington the only black guy), hardly any males used yonex but I learned with them and wasn;t going to stop.

Name:  s-l1600.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  125.8 KB
    That's awesome, yeah growing up yonex made light frames that mostly women used. David Nalbandian is the only guy I could remember using yonex back in the day. I just switched over to yonex for my arm, love it. Kyrgios and Shapovalov use them as well. Damn good racquets.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I just watched the video to the point where she is penalized a game and can see why she became unhinged.
    Just like a border guard, some referees or officials can fuck you over and do so with what seems like an agenda.

I don't know about the coaching call, lol at being coached from the stands, but when you question someone's integrity you are fucking with them mentally. Right or wrong, accusing someone of cheating is huge and I would be livid in such a situation.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    I just watched the video to the point where she is penalized a game and can see why she became unhinged.
    Just like a border guard, some referees or officials can fuck you over and do so with what seems like an agenda.

I don't know about the coaching call, lol at being coached from the stands, but when you question someone's integrity you are fucking with them mentally. Right or wrong, accusing someone of cheating is huge and I would be livid in such a situation.
    Coaching isn't allowed in tennis and her coach admitted he was doing it. It's not fair to Osaka to allow coaching to continue if it's caught. Serena isn't the first player to get a warning for coaching, it happens regularly. The difference is she's an entitled brat and made a massive scene about it rather than move on, dig in and play the match like most players do.

Comments

Gookieheimowitz: Common sense

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Connors was absolutely hated most of his career. It wasn't until he had a deep run at the US Open and he gave the speech telling the crowd he knows they don't like him but he loves them that he started to win them over. It took time, as an old guy competing his ass off he became loved but most of his career he was a villain. At all the local stops in California where Connors played most of his juniors he was despised by the tennis directors.

The same is true for McEnroe, he was booed mercilessly when he would rant and lose the plot. Who was booed yesterday? Osaka of all people and it brought her to tears. As far as the men being rewarded for bad behaviour any examples? Mac was the villain vs the well mannered Borg. I've seen Mac and Agassi kicked out of matches for bad behaviour. Let's not forget that Serena is loved, cheered at nearly every tournament despite her consistent bad behaviour. Mandatory tennis skirts haven't been a part of tennis for a long time but why is different dress code for the genders sexist? Men deal with dress code as well. Go to a tennis club now and a large % of female players prefer to wear a skirt.

Oh come on, Osaka wasn't being booed. She came to tears the moment she won the last point which is not uncommon when someone achieves a goal like a U.S. Open.

Load Metric

You're buying the bullshit. She was NEVER accused of cheating!
    Serena is the one who turned it into a cheating accusation and her integrity was not challenged.
    Her coach was clearly caught making gestures on how to play, under the rules this is not allowed and the player is held responsible, no allegations she was cheating whatsoever. She was punished because her coach was caught breaking the rules. (yeah I know they all do it but Ramos saw it)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post

Serena is the one who turned it into a cheating accusation and her integrity was not challenged.
    Her coach was clearly caught making gestures on how to play, under the rules this is not allowed and the player is held responsible, no allegations she was cheating whatsoever. She was punished because her coach was caught breaking the rules. (yeah I know they all do it but Ramos saw it)
    Well in this case it would take two to cheat. If making gestures is against the rules, again lol, and you violate that rule then you're cheating.
    BTW who is this coach that cheats and then admits to it publicly?
    He or she just fucked over the player twice.

Load Metric
    It's also important to note that while coaching during matches is a problem there are a lot of coaches that don't do it. They are calm and without emotion all match long. If coaching is caught it's penalized, saying 'everyone does it's seems like a terrible defense. Serena acting like she's the only person to be penalized for coaching is a joke. She's just the only one I've seen through a massive temper tantrum and call the chair ump a thief and a lair because of it.

Load Metric

Well in this case it would take two to cheat. If making gestures is against the rules, again lol, and you violate that rule then you're cheating.
    It was hilarious he admitted to cheating. You're wrong that it takes two to cheat. The rules are clear, a player's box cannot coach and they know this. If Serena just accepted the warning and got over it none of this would have happened. But she didn't, she threw a spaz.

Nadal has received multiple coaching warnings. He doesn't even argue, just gets back to his routine and down to the business or competing. Why didn't Serena do the same? Because she was losing and is a horrible poor sport.

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: agreed

Load Metric

There was NO allegations she was cheating. The coach was caught breaking the rules... simple.

Her coach admitted to it because it's not a big deal, they all pretty much do it and the first penalty is a warning.

The only person who's integrity was questioned was that of the umpire.

Serena has twisted this all around by saying things like I've never seen a player punished for saying what I said.
    I watch a fair bit of tennis and I've never heard a player call an umpire a thief. She's basically accused him of cheating and did it in a very aggressive manner... she got off light.

Load Metric

There was NO allegations she was cheating. The coach was caught breaking the rules... simple.

Her coach admitted to it because it's not a big deal, they all pretty much do it and the first penalty is a warning.

The only person who's integrity was questioned was that of the umpire.

Serena has twisted this all around by saying things like I've never seen a player punished for saying what I said.
    I watch a fair bit of tennis and I've never heard a player call an umpire a thief. She's basically accused him of cheating and did it in a very aggressive manner... she got off light.
    Like you I watch a ton of tennis. The umps will let the players get away with an outburst here and there but when they refuse to play to the clock or start personally insulting the ump they always get a warning. As I mentioned before, Fognini was punted from singles and doubles last year at the open, lost all his money plus was fined an additional $21,000. He insulted the ref and paid the price. Serena got off even lighter than Fognini and somehow people are yelling sexism. I just don't get it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

It was hilarious he admitted to cheating. You're wrong that it takes two to cheat. The rules are clear, a player's box cannot coach and they know this. If Serena just accepted the warning and got over it none of this would have happened. But she didn't, she threw a spaz.

Nadal has received multiple coaching warnings. He doesn't even argue, just gets back to his routine and down to the business or competing. Why didn't Serena do the same? Because she was losing and is a horrible poor sport.

FTR I don't care if any rules were broken. At this level, how much difference could it make? Not allowing a coach to coach is silly.

Are you're saying the coach was sending signals and Serena had no idea this was happening? Because that's the only way it would not take two to cheat/break the rules. And if he was sending signals and Serena was unaware of this then she had a right to be upset and should fire that coach a.s.a.p. Which means I am correct. It takes two to cheat in this instance.

Thread Information