Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: **** Official 2018 NFL Thread ****

Load Metric

**** Official 2018 NFL Thread ****

Who you got this year? What are the big stories? Any breaking stories or news? Thats what this thread is for.

I will start it off with a homer pick. I placed a few wagers this past summer while in Vegas on the Chiefs at 40:1 to win the Super Bowl. To me thats just insane value for a team that has been in the playoffs the last few years. The season hinges on the development and play of Patrick Mahomes. I personally think he is the real deal. The offense has the opportunity to be the best in the league after we added Sammy Watkins on the outside. Mahomes throwing bombs to Tyreke Hill, Kelce in the middle, the leagues leading rusher last year in Kareem Hunt. Solid back ups all around in Chris Conley and Spencer Ware (who was having a breakout year before blowing out his knee and missing 2017). The defense has been suspect and lost some long time contributers in Derek Johnson and Tamba Hali. They also traded away Marcus Peters. At a minimum you should be getting these Chiefs players on your fantasy teams as they will likely be involved in a lot of shoot outs.

Leveon Bell holding out. Will he really stay gone 10 weeks?

The Falcons looked pretty bleh in week 1 and lost their Pro Bowl safety for the season. Are they done already?

Any surprise teams capable of making the playoffs? Everyone is jumping on the Cleveland train but I dont see them making the playoffs anyways. Are the Bears going to be resurgent under a young QB in the same model as the Chiefs I outlined above? Can Jaxonville stay at the top? Who else will surprise the league?
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    AFC playoffs:

Pats
    Chargers
    Houston
    Pitt

KC
    Denver as wild cards

NFC:
    Rams
    Eagles
    Vikings
    Saints

Packers
    Giants

A lot of fun teams to watch right now....preseason seemed to go pretty clean as far as people getting hurt.

NFC so stacked its sick. Seattle might now be the 2nd or 3rd worst team in the conference. All 4 NFC north teams might be >8-8

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    only thing i care about is

1- watching teams get fucked out of potential wins because of calls/no calls/penalties. there's usually multiples of these each week.

2- who didn't stand for the national anthem. i just like to hate the NFL and everything associated with it because it's so easy to do. the media fulfills my every desire.

i feel like gordon gecko when he wants to wreck blue star for the money. i really like the "wreck-able" angle just out of disgust for it all
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    I think Chiefs win 7 games max.

Schedule + No Naggy

Flip side, think the Bears win between 7-9 games cause improved players, defense and have Naggy.

I think NFC is a hot mess. AFC is a little more straight forward to figure out.

Load Metric
    SB Winner: Rams over Pats

AFC:
    Pats
    Steelers
    Jags
    Chargers

Texans
    Chiefs

NFC:
    Eagles
    Vikings
    Saints
    Rams

Falcons
    Cowboys

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    i think the AFC will be much harder to predict this year.

i see several sleeper teams that might put it all together at decent odds

obv SD is one of them, but there are others at juicy odds just waiting to pounce with the right setup
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    Super early reassessment anyone? KC looks legit. Went on the road and putting a lickin’ on the Chargers. Mahomes is the real deal y’all. Tyreke is The real deal
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    The older I get the more Into college football I get at the expense of the NFL.

Has nothing to do with who is kneeling for what or any other bullshit.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    Super early reassessment anyone? KC looks legit. Went on the road and putting a lickin’ on the Chargers. Mahomes is the real deal y’all. Tyreke is The real deal
    LOL

Reed is a must bet first game of season and after a bye

He is a must go against in any playoff game he coaches

KC again will lose to either the Ravens Houston or Shitsburgh in the playoffs.

Go Royals

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    Who you got this year? What are the big stories? Any breaking stories or news? Thats what this thread is for.

I will start it off with a homer pick. I placed a few wagers this past summer while in Vegas on the Chiefs at 40:1 to win the Super Bowl. To me thats just insane value for a team that has been in the playoffs the last few years. The season hinges on the development and play of Patrick Mahomes. I personally think he is the real deal. The offense has the opportunity to be the best in the league after we added Sammy Watkins on the outside. Mahomes throwing bombs to Tyreke Hill, Kelce in the middle, the leagues leading rusher last year in Kareem Hunt. Solid back ups all around in Chris Conley and Spencer Ware (who was having a breakout year before blowing out his knee and missing 2017). The defense has been suspect and lost some long time contributers in Derek Johnson and Tamba Hali. They also traded away Marcus Peters. At a minimum you should be getting these Chiefs players on your fantasy teams as they will likely be involved in a lot of shoot outs.

Leveon Bell holding out. Will he really stay gone 10 weeks?

The Falcons looked pretty bleh in week 1 and lost their Pro Bowl safety for the season. Are they done already?

Any surprise teams capable of making the playoffs? Everyone is jumping on the Cleveland train but I dont see them making the playoffs anyways. Are the Bears going to be resurgent under a young QB in the same model as the Chiefs I outlined above? Can Jaxonville stay at the top? Who else will surprise the league?

Ravens.

Load Metric
    more like the gayvens boom roasted

Load Metric
    You guys are funny

Honestly the Philadelphia Eagles have a stellar offensive line and a top tier defense. They only won the super bowl with a back up QB last year and when Wentz gets healthy and core receivers are healthy this my friends is a complete football team

14-1 to repeat is insane + EV

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    The older I get the more Into college football I get at the expense of the NFL.

Has nothing to do with who is kneeling for what or any other bullshit.

Same. I find it almost unwatchable at this point if I don’t bet it. For me, I always watched a ton of college football, the game just got so bad I watch more other shit like premier league. Never thought there would come a day I would look forward to a big English soccer game more than Browns-Steelers, but I’m there.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    NFL needs to drop the tie rule nobody wants to see that shit.

A good analogy would be baseball playing 15+ inning games to come to a winner using depleted benches. It's not as hard on their bodies but still I suggest they play out the OT then go into a college style OT to determine a winner.

With that said I saw this on twitter and laughed:

Name:  lolbrowns.PNG
Views: 225
Size:  1.36 MB

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Browns release Josh Gordon, my favourite Brown and top 5 NFL reciever, will this bring Dez to Cleveland? and Im thinking Gordon joining Raiders or Cowboys?
    Slava Ukraini!

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by adamantium View Post
    Browns release Josh Gordon, my favourite Brown and top 5 NFL reciever, will this bring Dez to Cleveland? and Im thinking Gordon joining Raiders or Cowboys?
    Wtf, crazy

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by adamantium View Post
    supposedly they're not gonna release him, they're gonna trade him instead...

fucking jerry jones HAS to be the leader in the clubhouse by thousands of miles to drop a 7th rounder on him...

1. troubled past...CHECK
    2. big play, flashy guy...CHECK
    3. team has a desperate need for a big play WR...CHECK
    4. texas boy...CHECK

Comments

adamantium: CHECK

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    NFL needs to drop the tie rule nobody wants to see that shit.

A good analogy would be baseball playing 15+ inning games to come to a winner using depleted benches. It's not as hard on their bodies but still I suggest they play out the OT then go into a college style OT to determine a winner.

With that said I saw this on twitter and laughed:

Name:  lolbrowns.PNG
Views: 225
Size:  1.36 MB
    I disagree. Football is a game that was meant to end in a tie sometimes, like soccer and hockey. The possibility of a tie adds another strategic element to the game. Some of history's greatest college football games were ties.

In the NFL and college regular season I don't think there should be overtime at all, as there was not before 1973/1998 respectively. In the playoffs, play full overtimes until a winner is determined, no sudden death crap.

Comments

dwai: Fuck. This is fucking terrible. He seemed to be doing ok last I saw him. Shocked and now starting to cry. A great guy he was. Fuck

Platinum
    Load Metric
    In the Los Angeles area the 3 televised daytime games are

Rams-Cards
    Bills-Chargers
    Raiders-Broncos

Then the Sunday night Cowboys-Giants is a big pile of meh too.

-When Raiders-Broncos is going to be the best game on TV today we have a problem. It was actually a nice run for the last decade having no local teams and just getting the best games of the day, but looks like that is going to be a thing of the past.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post
    I think Chiefs win 7 games max.

Schedule + No Naggy

Flip side, think the Bears win between 7-9 games cause improved players, defense and have Naggy.

I think NFC is a hot mess. AFC is a little more straight forward to figure out.

Thread Information