Thread: Pokerstars game manipulation

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric

Pokerstars game manipulation

I'm playing .05/.10 PLO Zoom and take a look at my previous hands with the replay feature. About 3 hands previous, I see my player position has a woman's avatar under my name. So, I ask customer support with an attached screen shot why do I have a woman's avatar associated to me for this hand?

There are FAILS on two levels and suggests game manipulation by their own customer response:

- First, customer service is a joke because they proceed to tell me HOW to associate an avatar to my name. This is either obfuscation or just dumb low level customer service or both. Either way a FAIL because I asked WHY there was an avatar.
    - THEN, after my followup that this was not what I was asking, I was told only the player can change the avatar (or maybe I did it and didn't know it--HA!) or someone else is playing my account! NOW A SERIOUS FAIL. Why would they say this? They can see my player history. There is no dispute on the play conducted. They know how hard it is to add an avatar, so how could I do this by mistake? Why would they answer this way? I have not gotten a reply back when I told them I am the only one playing the account and that I did not associate an avatar to my account.

I've attached the emails and screen shot. Has anyone experienced something like this? Why wouldn't PS know if I attached an avatar or not? If avatars can be manipulated, what else can be manipulated?

************************************************** ************************************************** ****************************************
    This format is the auto customer form:
    Sent: 09/07/2018 10:50:23
    > Subject: Hand histories (PS) EU - V1.2018 Why is there a woman's avatar on my player position?
    >
    > Hi Stars,
    >
    > In order to speed up my request I will provide the following information below:
    >
    > - Hand Histories for a tournament (tournament number is ..):
    >
    > - Entire Hand Histories: see attached
    >
    > - Hand Histories (game types and time frame is ..): see attached
    >
    > - Tournament summaries (game types and time frame is ..):
    >
    > - Hand Readings (hand number is..): see attached
    >
    > Please see attached screenshot. Why is there a woman's avatar on my player position?
    ************************************************** ************************************************** **
    This is the worthless initial response:
    On 9/8/2018 5:48 AM, support@starsaccount.eu wrote:

Hello xxx,

Thank you for your email.

First of all, please note that your gender was missing, hence we did update it as male.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

In order to select an image to represent you at the tables, please note you need to do it from our software for computers as this is not possible from our mobile app. Please login to your account and select:

'Settings → Account Details → Change Image'

A new window will open, giving you the opportunity to choose between:

A variety of different icons from our gallery
    Adding your own custom image

To choose an image from our gallery, pick one of our iconic logos from the PokerStars tab, flags from everywhere around the globe, Global Poker League logos or our vast array of avatars, including animals, characters, holidays, lucky charms, other sports, poker related images, zodiac signs, Aussies or politics avatars.

To add your own custom image:

Click on 'Custom Image'
    Select 'New Image'
    Find the image file you would like to use from your hard drive
    Select the file and press 'Open'
    Once the selected image is uploaded to our server, click and drag the selection box over the area of the image you wish to display (the smaller window at the right shows you what image will appear at the table)
    Once you are satisfied with the image in the smaller window, press 'Submit for Approval'

All images will be screened before being shown at the tables. We reserve the right to reject any image that we consider unsuitable. Screening time will vary based on the number of images submitted and activation may take up to 5 days.

Please note that whilst you may change your image from our pre-defined icons as often as you wish, custom changes are limited to 3 per month and any new custom image will delete the previous one.

Additionally, if you use an image from the Internet as your custom image, please observe copyright law, and refrain from using copyrighted images.

Feel free to contact us anytime for further info, we are always glad to help you.
    Regards,

Aurelie
    Stars Support
    ************************************************** *****************************
    This is my response:
    Sent: 09/08/2018 01:23:57
    To: support@starsaccount.eu
    Subject: Re: Player image

Thank you for the reply. However, you didn't answer my question. Why is there a women's avatar at my player position? More importantly, why is there an avatar at my player position when I've never assigned one? Why is there an avatar for me just for this hand replay? Why is there an inconsistency in this avatar just for this hand leading to other questions of is there tampering? If there is tampering with my avatar is it due to tampering with game play and outcomes?

Would you please answer these questions to a detail that gives me confidence in PS? If not, would you please elevate these questions to people important enough to care about these questions?
    ************************************************** *****************************
    Here is the last PS response:
    Hello xxx,

Thank you for your reply.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please be advised that only the player can upload a image (picture or avatar), so it could be that you did it without knowing or by mistake, otherwise it means somebody did use your account.

Do not hesitate to contact us again if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Aurelie
    Stars Support
    ************************************************** ***************************
    Here is the screen shot:
    Name:  screenshot.jpg
Views: 595
Size:  327.6 KB

Load Metric
    Looks like your cards are from the previous hand and there was a bug involving a seat change or something.

I'm guessing it didn't show that avatar during an actual hand and even if it did who cares.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    Looks like your cards are from the previous hand and there was a bug involving a seat change or something.

I'm guessing it didn't show that avatar during an actual hand and even if it did who cares.
    The problem is "a bug." I don't care that there is a woman's avatar. I care that my account can be manipulated. If there is a bug, how much does it effect game play? How questionable is the integrity of PS?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 50Cinquanta View Post

The problem is "a bug." I don't care that there is a woman's avatar. I care that my account can be manipulated. If there is a bug, how much does it effect game play? How questionable is the integrity of PS?
    You're grasping at straws here.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric

Do you work for PS are something? If so, work on your customer service and explain how a player's avatar can be manipulated in the middle of game play. If not, I'm not going to argue with you, I want answers. So Fuck off.

Banned
    Load Metric

Do you work for PS are something? If so, work on your customer service and explain how a player's avatar can be manipulated in the middle of game play. If not, I'm not going to argue with you, I want answers. So Fuck off.

That’s not very nice. You can’t just show up and start shooting off your lip that way.
    Why don’t you fuck off with your uninteresting post?
    Get fucked.

Literally no one cares. Kthx

Load Metric
    Do you work for PS are something? If so, work on your customer service and explain how a player's avatar can be manipulated in the middle of game play.
    Don't work for Stars (sorry if you were expecting a response from them in this thread...that's not going to happen), but I'll explain it anyway.

There was a bug that showed someone elses avatar instead of your after the hand was completed and while you were viewing the replay.

Thoughts and prayers though, sorry for your loss.

Load Metric
    I'm not sure what's funnier . .05/.10 Zoom or someone complaining about a bug that made them a female in a video game.

I'm laughing but not sure why

Comments

ftpjesus: Truth is 50 felt like hed been emasculated apparently

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Druff, good luck. You'll need it.

Internet poker is dead (to me). PFA is dead (to me). Good luck you sorry saps. Luck is all you got.

This is the end
    Beautiful friend
    This is the end
    My only friend, the end

It hurts to set you free
    But you'll never follow me
    The end of laughter and soft lies
    The end of nights we tried to die
    This is the end

Comments

duped_samaritan: later fag

Load Metric

Well thats a great way to endear yourself to the PFA Membership from somebody whos been on here a year and has barely posted a damn thing..

Load Metric
    Druff, good luck. You'll need it.

Internet poker is dead (to me). PFA is dead (to me). Good luck you sorry saps. Luck is all you got.

This is the end
    Beautiful friend
    This is the end
    My only friend, the end

It hurts to set you free
    But you'll never follow me
    The end of laughter and soft lies
    The end of nights we tried to die
    This is the end
    fag

Thread Information