Thread: Adam Schwartz and Terrence Chan have a new podcast show

Load Metric

Adam Schwartz and Terrence Chan have a new podcast show

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I do wonder what the story is here.

Why quit the 2+2 Pokercast if they're going to do a podcast again so soon?

I wonder if they were having some kind of issue with Mason, or if perhaps they wanted to ditch the formalities and do more of a free form show without any restrictions.

I see that Daniel Negreanu is part of it. Maybe that's the key here. Mason and Daniel hate each other.

I don't know. Someone take a guess here.

Load Metric
    I listened for 2 minutes in random spots. Negreanu was talking about some hands in a high roller event. I yawned and turned it off.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I do wonder what the story is here.

Why quit the 2+2 Pokercast if they're going to do a podcast again so soon?

I wonder if they were having some kind of issue with Mason, or if perhaps they wanted to ditch the formalities and do more of a free form show without any restrictions.

I see that Daniel Negreanu is part of it. Maybe that's the key here. Mason and Daniel hate each other.

DAT poker podcast what a laugh. After Adams appearing on PFA radio their is no chance that this new show wasn't already planned.

Druff you Missed it DD poker! How much do you think Adam is getting per episode now!

Gold
    Load Metric
    I'm not sure 2+2 would be needed. Daniel's brand is now bigger than 2+2. 2+2 is annoying. I've lost at least 2 accounts for doing almost nothing over the years. Tons of little nazis over there. I can't imagine running a podcast under that brand would be a positive experience.

Load Metric
    I was very surprised to see Adam and Terrence start a show with DN given how much Mason hates Daniel while Adam was singing Mason's praises when the Pokercast was cancelled.

As an aside, just to give you an idea of how much Mason hates DN, recently on 2+2 there was discussion of how DN was trying to lose weight and then Mason chimed in to say that Mason had successfully tried a keto diet and that he wanted to mention it in the thread because he thinks DN would never try something Mason would try (basically he was using reverse psychology on DN with the hope that DN would stay fat). That's a remarkable amount of pettiness.

Here's what Adam Schwartz wrote on the 2+2 forum about starting a new podcast with DN.

Hey all,

The bottom line is Terrence and I were floundering. We've been friends for a long time and done many podcasts and sometimes you just lose the passion a bit. It wasn't fair to Mason and the sponsors to just do a show whenever we felt like it, commitments are commitments.

Daniel and I had talked about doing a hockey podcast off and on for a bit and after the relationship ended here we continued talking about doing a poker podcast. An additional host with a new, fresh take on all the subjects we talk about each week was exciting enough for Terrence and I to do it. Knowing how Mason feels about Daniel, it was obviously a non-starter to do it here.

Who knows how long it will last, but we're going to have some fun and see how it goes. I totally understand why Mason is disappointed in the decision and I can't say I wouldn't feel the same way if I were him. As someone said above, very classy move to allow the discussion to continue.
    I used to be a huge DN fan during the poker boom but over time I've found him to be insufferable. Despite that, I enjoyed the first two episodes. However, my prediction is that the podcast will not last. DN is too flaky to consistently engage with a project like this. It would be great if Adam and Terrence did their own podcast. Maybe DN will finance it and occasionally drop in from time to time.

Load Metric
    somebody post a link to it on 2p2 and see how long it takes to get banned

Load Metric

Adam hates Mason.

Mason stopped paying Adam enough to be his bitch.

Adam probably afraid of getting sued for sharing whole story or mentioning new podcast too soon.

It's a shame Druff didn't offer them a prime time spot on the PFA Network.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post

Adam hates Mason.

Adam probably afraid of getting sued for sharing whole story or mentioning new podcast too soon.

That was my assumption as well.

Do you know the above for fact, or are you just guessing like Druff asked?

Sounds strange. Also re why TC may not be all that enamored with our own Dan Druff. Didn’t DD have some negative things to say about the poker site that TC was involved in. I think TC was viewing that gig as a life changer and when it didn’t pan he was pretty bitter.

That said any man who has a bell curve tatt on his chest is bound to have a few quirks and is trying hard to show off some intellect. When things don’t work out such a person is bound to have some harsh feelings.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackPipes and Kakfights View Post
    Sounds strange. Also re why TC may not be all that enamored with our own Dan Druff. Didn’t DD have some negative things to say about the poker site that TC was involved in. I think TC was viewing that gig as a life changer and when it didn’t pan he was pretty bitter.

That said any man who has a bell curve tatt on his chest is bound to have a few quirks and is trying hard to show off some intellect. When things don’t work out such a person is bound to have some harsh feelings.
    No, I never criticized Terrence or anything he was involved with. I've also been very positive regarding the 2+2 Pokercast itself, despite my ongoing issues with the 2+2 ownership and some mods there.

When I have written about Terrence on forums, I've always been on his side when he's been in various situations over the years.

I think Terrence just doesn't care for my personalty too much. That's his prerogative. I still don't have any dislike for the guy, and he's never treated me badly.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post

Adam hates Mason.

That was my assumption as well.

Do you know the above for fact, or are you just guessing like Druff asked?
    I was just guessing.

Turns out I was at least part-wrong. Mason is pissed and, surprisingly, still let them post about it - although I doubt he would let them mention it anywhere other than the 'pokercast' sub-forum

Name:  3990eaaab842592d192ad6a02d0c30ea.png
Views: 493
Size:  41.9 KB

I couldn't find their new podcast in apple app store - only option I could find was streaming it from browser. Anyone else have any success?

Two Live Joo

Inaugural Spring Classic Champion HoodedN's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Just stumbled across this on iTunes. 3 episodes in with the first from August 20th.

Huge power move from dnegs. I like it.

Comments

duped_samaritan: That's what DAT stands for!
    #ToddsPlan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by HoodedN View Post
    Daniel, Adam and Terrance.

Ya, those 3. Just stumbled across this on iTunes. 3 episodes in with the first from August 20th.

Just think of all the advertising money pfa lost again!

Load Metric
    Daniel, Adam and Terrance.

Ya, those 3. Just stumbled across this on iTunes. 3 episodes in with the first from August 20th.

They should have consulted with Druff on the name. Eventually one or two of them will not want to do it anymore and the name will have to change to something retarded like Adam and Friends show.

Comments

HoodedN: Lul you get green for that

Inaugural Spring Classic Champion HoodedN's Avatar
    Load Metric
    My guess is that Mason dumped them and Daniel swooped in like a poker podcasting vulture before they knew what hit them. As stated earlier, Daniel’s brand is now much larger than 2+2 and I’m sure he will do well off this acquisition.
    #ToddsPlan

My guess is that Mason dumped them and Daniel swooped in like a poker podcasting vulture before they knew what hit them. As stated earlier, Daniel’s brand is now much larger than 2+2 and I’m sure he will do well off this acquisition.
    I would have to agree. As DD knows a show needs more than just one personality. That’s what makes PFA so great. The host has multiple personalities.

Negra on his own has appeal but having him on debating and discussing with other smart guys will be a move forward. I mean one of the co hosts is so smart he has a bell curve tattooed on his chest and we all know the man sporting that tatt is on the far right of that curve.

Perhaps I should stop here before I get severely pummeled by an Asian Canadian male half my weight!

So long hosers.

Thread Information