Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: khailil mack

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

khailil mack

okay,

how is is acceptable for a player under contract with 1 year left to start making demands to be paid like he's the best or trade me so i i will be paid.

what mack did isn't uncommon. it happens more that you think in the NFL . what he did was take the organization hostage, dictated terms to them and called the shots, and if he didn't get his way he wouldn't play or cause a distraction. in the NFL the front office has zero power over such situations.

you don't see baseball players do this when they sign a multi year team friendly deal early on. and subsequently turn into a stud to be significantly underpaid.

i'm not saying mack didn't deserve the money, but since this happens more than you think why wouldn't moar NFL players utilize this card to get more cash. it's frikken failsafe and works all the time for an above avg top player

and lol @ the bears giving up two #1's and a #3 + paying him 90 mil guaranteed including a 60mil signing bonus.Name:  khalil-mack-trade-reaction.jpg
Views: 748
Size:  5.76 MB
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    i don't like the move gave up way too much

Load Metric
    If you think it’s the NFL players that are taking advantage of the NFL owners you are not paying attention.

Comments

big dick: INDEED

hongkonger: No shit

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    If you think it’s the NFL players that are taking advantage of the NFL owners you are not paying attention.
    Yeah, it is practically criminal how the system is set up against the players. In fact, it probably is literally criminal.

No player in today's league should ever feel sorry for any tactic they employ to get every last $$ they can. I have no problem with any player on a rookie deal (especially a first rounder who is forced to sign a 5 year contract at a set price) who is way outperforming that contract to try to do anything in their power to get payed.

The real interesting part of this story is that despite putting up such big sack numbers the last few years the Raiders aren't willing to sign Mack to a long term deal. It would definitely be interesting to know the real reason why. In fairness the Raiders defense did suck pretty bad last year even with Mack having an OK season numbers wise, so maybe they felt his actual impact on the game was less than the numbers would suggest.
    Last edited by ErickAA; 09-02-2018 at 09:00 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    obv albert haynesworth approved thread.

good thing gambling on games is legal is some states now. the NFL needs anything to regain momentum. i don't think it's going to be saved though. i really don't want it to, either. it needs to wither and die.

truth is people are now seeing what a shit product it is. nobody gives a shit about this loser sport that's being dragged through the gutter....former players are vegetables, they're killing themselves, no respect for the flag, shitty, stupid subjective rules. can't wait to see this new no leading with the helmet rule...

lol @ colin kaepernick winning his preliminary hearing about collusion against him....kudos colin....ur the man that's going to be credited with bringing down the NFL.

to be honest, i'm really surprised some nutjob hasn't already offed him

Comments

sah_24: They should just give them skirts and flags at this point
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Yeah, it is practically criminal how the system is set up against the players. In fact, it probably is literally criminal.

No player in today's league should ever feel sorry for any tactic they employ to get every last $$ they can. I have no problem with any player on a rookie deal (especially a first rounder who is forced to sign a 5 year contract at a set price) who is way outperforming that contract to try to do anything in their power to get payed.

The real interesting part of this story is that despite putting up such big sack numbers the last few years the Raiders aren't willing to sign Mack to a long term deal. It would definitely be interesting to know the real reason why. In fairness the Raiders defense did suck pretty bad last year even with Mack having an OK season numbers wise, so maybe they felt his actual impact on the game was less than the numbers would suggest.
    This.

Baseball has it right with the arbitration system. In football it’s “fuck you play it out and good luck not getting hurt”. If this was baseball he would have hit arbitration last year and the two would sit down and the team would correctly say you haven’t put in enough time to break the bank.... but we know you are obviously worth more than 1m. Play this year at 4M and next year at 7M and then you can break the bank and if you get catistophicaly hurt you got $11M and never have to work another day in your life.

There are a million stories like it but Javon Walker back in the day got so so so so fucked over. The guy signed a deal for the packers as a first round pick but played like an all pro out the gate. Was the best WR in the NFL and the packers and Brett farce begged him not to hold out. He caved and tore his ACL. Here’s a guy who would have guaranteed himself $20M+ by holding out. Instead he got a min deal the next year and was out of the league.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post

This.

Baseball has it right with the arbitration system. In football it’s “fuck you play it out and good luck not getting hurt”. If this was baseball he would have hit arbitration last year and the two would sit down and the team would correctly say you haven’t put in enough time to break the bank.... but we know you are obviously worth more than 1m. Play this year at 4M and next year at 7M and then you can break the bank and if you get catistophicaly hurt you got $11M and never have to work another day in your life.

There are a million stories like it but Javon Walker back in the day got so so so so fucked over. The guy signed a deal for the packers as a first round pick but played like an all pro out the gate. Was the best WR in the NFL and the packers and Brett farce begged him not to hold out. He caved and tore his ACL. Here’s a guy who would have guaranteed himself $20M+ by holding out. Instead he got a min deal the next year and was out of the league.

Javon is actually the polar opposite example of what youre trying to describe. His first round pedigree allowed him to wind up making more money down the line for pretty shitty production (thanks Raiders!). Here's his actual cash earned. https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/minnesot...cash-earnings/

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Mack didn't really improve the defense all that much last year ... Gruden is a genius for robbing the Bears, straight highway robbery ...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sah_24 View Post
    Mack didn't really improve the defense all that much last year ... Gruden is a genius for robbing the Bears, straight highway robbery ...

This is a strange take that a lot of people seem to have. Dont forget the raiders also sent a 2020 2nd rd pick (lol) AND a conditional fifth along with Mack to the Bears.

Look at it this way:

Assuming Mack doesnt suffer a catastrophic injury this season, and somehow was allowed to re-enter the draft next year, where would he be picked? #1 overall obviously, by every fucking team. So the 2019 1st part of the trade for Mack is already an underpay. So then the rest of the trade:

2020 1st & 2020 3rd for 2020 2nd and conditional 5th. Considering the Bears have a good argument to be an ascending team, while the Raiders are back to being LOLRaiders, its conceivable that say, next year the Bears go 9-7, the Raiders go 4-12. So that 1st rounder the bears send would be like #20 overall, the 2nd rounder they get back from the raiders like #37 overall.

Bears got a steal for a top 10 non-qb in football in his prime.

Comments

sah_24: Luls, that might be the worst take I have seen on this trade ... only on PFA

Load Metric
    gut knows his shit. I was thinking we got robbed... maybe not -)

Comments

sah_24: Luls, you def got robbed ... Gruden smarter than random shitty PFA poster

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    has there ever been a successful trade like this?

remember jay cutler...that was the bears..lol.......herschel walker,...the skins trading all those pcks for rg3...

unless he can completely take over a game and make the bears defense like the 85 version...lol @ the bears, their QB still has a shit ton of work to do as well

Comments

sah_24: ding ding ding, and we already saw him on a bad defense ... hint they were still really bad

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    has there ever been a successful trade like this?

remember jay cutler...that was the bears..lol.......herschel walker,...the skins trading all those pcks for rg3...

unless he can completely take over a game and make the bears defense like the 85 version...lol @ the bears, their QB still has a shit ton of work to do as well
    The Bears won that trade. They at least made an NFC championship game with him, and he easily was their best qb of the last 40 years. The Broncos?

The 1st rounder in 2009 (#18 overall) ended up being Robert Ayers, a solid contributor to the Broncos, but not an all-timer by any means. In 5 years with Denver, Ayers played in 72 games (27 starts), forced 3 fumbles, and netted 12 sacks.

The 1st rounder in 2010 (#11 overall) was traded to the San Francisco 49ers (who selected OT Anthony Davis). In return, Denver moved back two slots to #13 and acquired a 4th round pick (which was traded to New England and became Aaron Hernandez (crazy!). The Broncos then traded #13 overall to the Philadelphia Eagles (who selected DE Brandon Graham). In return, the Broncos moved back to #24. That pick was traded to New England and New England then turned around and traded it to Dallas (WR Dez Bryant). Finally, Denver traded a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounder to Baltimore (DE Sergio Kindle, TE Ed Dickson, TE Dennis Pitta) and moved up to #25 overall and selected... Tim Tebow.
    The Herschel trade is an outlier in history, a trade like that was never done before and never since then. The vikings shipped like 5 guys back (along with seperate picks) and all the players had conditional picks attached to them. If they didn't make the roster, Dallas got a certain pick instead. Dallas cut them all, and they struck gold in the drafts.

Rg3 was also a win for Wash until his knee got destroyed. rams didnt do shit with those picks.
    Last edited by gut; 09-03-2018 at 08:55 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sah_24 View Post

Stat of Note: 39. That’s the gap between the number of pressures Mack (79) and the next closest Raiders defender (Bruce Irvin, with 40) tallied last season. I’m sure Oakland’s defense will be just fine without him.

Fact of the matter is, guys like Mack are almost NEVER available in a trade or free agency in their prime. You spend whatever draft capital you can to acquire a guy like that. The fact the Bears got them to send a 2nd rounder along with him back is just LOL. Gruden is an idiot...although of course now he is saying he didnt know about the 2nd going back.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/

That has been updated since the Mack trade. Basically, the only teams that could feasibly trade for him were the 7 teams listed above OAK now, and the bears who got him. Cinci probably wasnt interested cause theyre cheap and just another LOLFranchise, Texans might not have been since that is the strength of their team already. But i bet if all the teams with less than 15mil in cap space could have somehow been able to trade for him, most would have tried. I guarantee Belichick would have made the Bears trade in a heartbeat.

Comments

sah_24: Belicheck would never have even thought of this ... put the crack pipe down

big dick: good post
    Last edited by gut; 09-03-2018 at 09:16 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Stat of Note: 39. That’s the gap between the number of pressures Mack (79) and the next closest Raiders defender (Bruce Irvin, with 40) tallied last season. I’m sure Oakland’s defense will be just fine without him.

Fact of the matter is, guys like Mack are almost NEVER available in a trade or free agency in their prime. You spend whatever draft capital you can to acquire a guy like that. The fact the Bears got them to send a 2nd rounder along with him back is just LOL. Gruden is an idiot...although of course now he is saying he didnt know about the 2nd going back.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/

That has been updated since the Mack trade. Basically, the only teams that could feasibly trade for him were the 7 teams listed above OAK now, and the bears who got him. Cinci probably wasnt interested cause theyre cheap and just another LOLFranchise, Texans might not have been since that is the strength of their team already. But i bet if all the teams with less than 15mil in cap space could have somehow been able to trade for him, most would have tried. I guarantee Belichick would have made the Bears trade in a heartbeat.
    This post will be someones signature on this site soon ... incredible stupidity

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    The Bears won that trade. They at least made an NFC championship game with him, and he easily was their best qb of the last 40 years. The Broncos?

The 1st rounder in 2009 (#18 overall) ended up being Robert Ayers, a solid contributor to the Broncos, but not an all-timer by any means. In 5 years with Denver, Ayers played in 72 games (27 starts), forced 3 fumbles, and netted 12 sacks.

The 1st rounder in 2010 (#11 overall) was traded to the San Francisco 49ers (who selected OT Anthony Davis). In return, Denver moved back two slots to #13 and acquired a 4th round pick (which was traded to New England and became Aaron Hernandez (crazy!). The Broncos then traded #13 overall to the Philadelphia Eagles (who selected DE Brandon Graham). In return, the Broncos moved back to #24. That pick was traded to New England and New England then turned around and traded it to Dallas (WR Dez Bryant). Finally, Denver traded a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounder to Baltimore (DE Sergio Kindle, TE Ed Dickson, TE Dennis Pitta) and moved up to #25 overall and selected... Tim Tebow.
    The Herschel trade is an outlier in history, a trade like that was never done before and never since then. The vikings shipped like 5 guys back (along with seperate picks) and all the players had conditional picks attached to them. If they didn't make the roster, Dallas got a certain pick instead. Dallas cut them all, and they struck gold in the drafts.

Rg3 was also a win for Wash until his knee got destroyed. rams didnt do shit with those picks.
    dude,..shut it down...cutler was never the best bears QB ever and rg3 sucked. i won't even debate that chit it's so fkn funny

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    well..this move may work for a visible impact player like mack or a a brash WR.

but it didnt work for the hawks earl thomas who is an all pro

Earl Thomas to end holdout; Seahawks turn down 2nd-round pick from Cowboys

so earl comes back to the hawks with his tail between his legs..has a couple more parting shots at seattle mgmt...lol

earlI worked my whole life for this..... I’ve never let me teammates, city or fans down as long as I’ve lived and don’t plan on starting this weekend. With that being said, the disrespect has been well noted and will not be forgotten. Father Time may have an undefeated record but best believe I plan on taking him into triple overtime when it comes to my career.

lol..wtf does that mean...he's gonna go all haynesworth on the league..lol

Comments

tony bagadonuts: The Seahawks own your face, never forget
    Last edited by mulva; 09-05-2018 at 12:49 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    tony bagadonuts: The Seahawks own your face, never forget

you see what this is.

it's not that poor earl is not deserving of a new contract and more money. it's just that he's not visible or important enough to get one.

fact is if peeps knew who he was and had greater media coverage, or he caused an even bigger stink his chances would have been greater.

now it's just forgotten news....but according to him "it wll not be forgotten"....so now seattle has to worry about him sabotaging the team in some way.

cool stuff, huh

Load Metric
    Earl is stuck, kinda like LeVeon, as being a player who is fucking great at a role that isn't really that high in demand now. I don't blame the 'hawks for not quickly trading him, their D is still built around him being there. Seattle also doesnt realize they are actually in rebuilding phase now. But eh, might as well give it a go one final time, since the NFC West is, on paper, the worst division of a stacked NFC.

I think the Cowboys are shit also, but if they want to contend, they should up that offer to a 2nd next year PLUS a conditional 4th in 2020 and maybe SEA will bite

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    hate to shit on one poster out of many but by god you are awful.
    You even dare to question the rightness of a forum in another pitiful thread and then this?
    You couldn't possess anything more wrong than simply being you.
    Horriblly stupid, like the mother who left you for dead but was surprised
    AA in a shootout on your idiot poker site. la la la

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    hate to shit on one poster out of many but by god you are awful.
    You even dare to question the rightness of a forum in another pitiful thread and then this?
    You couldn't possess anything more wrong than simply being you.
    Horriblly stupid, like the mother who left you for dead but was surprised
    AA in a shootout on your idiot poker site. la la la
    Name:  an.gif
Views: 245
Size:  1.56 MB

Comments

big dick: lolololol

Thread Information