Thread: UB cheater Greg Pierson's Iovation company to be acquired by TransUnion

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

UB cheater Greg Pierson's Iovation company to be acquired by TransUnion

https://www.bizjournals.com/portland...portlands.html

Greg Pierson founded anti-fraud technology company Iovation to help organize the “good guys.” It is now being acquired by TransUnion.
    I wonder if Greg considers Russ Hamilton to be one of the "good guys".

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Required reading: https://gregpiersoniovation.wordpress.com/

Don't know who made this blog, but props to whoever did.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Ya this is redic that his company has any worth at all ...

Comments

gimmick: cunt btw

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    https://www.bizjournals.com/portland...portlands.html

Greg Pierson founded anti-fraud technology company Iovation to help organize the “good guys.” It is now being acquired by TransUnion.
    I wonder if Greg considers Russ Hamilton to be one of the "good guys".
    Always knew they were all going to get well with this company. It really sucks as I always though the reason no one from within UB ever pointed the finger at anyone from Iovation was bc they (the UB shareholders) had equity in this company (Iovation).

They exploited what imo was a nefarious part of flash called "Flash cookies" that are basically impossible to block and used this to tie users to MAC addresses and other info stored inside the Flash Cookie.

From there I know they had packages you could compile into a windows executable when you are building code - for instance Full Tilt use the iovation .dll when installed and all that info is reported back to iovation where they basically tie your credentials when you log into a website to your ip address amd MAC address.

Unbelievable this guy ended up with massive database of people and a ton of personal info.

Now that flash is dying out, I don't what tech they use - I assume flash cookies still work and are still extrmemly hard or impossible to block.

The sport book BetCRIS used their technology for years. I am not hating here, this is just a true injustice how these people got rewarded from a company that was seemingly bankrolled or at the very least started with UB.

Flash Cookies somehow escaped scrutiny of so-called internet privacy experts somehow. These things are way worse than cookies and basically eternally persistent. Most people have never heard of them. This guy got rich with them

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    Now that flash is dying out, I don't what tech they use - I assume flash cookies still work and are still extrmemly hard or impossible to block.

The sport book BetCRIS used their technology for years. I am not hating here, this is just a true injustice how these people got rewarded from a company that was seemingly bankrolled or at the very least started with UB.

Flash Cookies somehow escaped scrutiny of so-called internet privacy experts somehow. These things are way worse than cookies and basically eternally persistent. Most people have never heard of them. This guy got rich with them
    This seems like a post written in 2009, tbh. were flash cookies ever hard to delete and block? I'm pretty sure I've been doing it for close to a decade or more now. Not allowing local storage has always been an option, right in the flash settings manager. also, this wasn't some secret thing for very long, flash cookies and their tracking threat were written about all over the place, years ago, often. Every decent privacy app or extension deleted LSOs as a matter of course, and unless you are still using a crazy old version of IE or some shit like that (or maybe an outdated android job), there's a solid chance your browser defaults won't even allow flash to do anything, and certainly allows the deleting of all LSOs after every browsing session, if you decide to allow them at all.

Comments

duped_samaritan: truth
    Last edited by Crowe Diddly; 05-28-2018 at 06:33 PM.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post

This seems like a post written in 2009, tbh. were flash cookies ever hard to delete and block? I'm pretty sure I've been doing it for close to a decade or more now. Not allowing local storage has always been an option, right in the flash settings manager. also, this wasn't some secret thing for very long, flash cookies and their tracking threat were written about all over the place, years ago, often. Every decent privacy app or extension deleted LSOs as a matter of course, and unless you are still using a crazy old version of IE or some shit like that (or maybe an outdated android job), there's a solid chance your browser defaults won't even allow flash to do anything, and certainly allows the deleting of all LSOs after every browsing session, if you decide to allow them at all.
    Once the cookie was set it was too late.

Iesnare is extremely nefarious.

Blocking local storage in the flash app would break other websites like EBay and maybe even Amazon as other sites used lso for fraud prevention they just didn't need to send ALL your info to iovation to do fraud prevention.

If you don't see the problem with every iovation customer sending all your personal data to a Pierson owned company then there might not be much hope for you in life.

Flash cookies made Iovation filthy rich. You can believe that.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Required reading: https://gregpiersoniovation.wordpress.com/

Don't know who made this blog, but props to whoever did.
    That was me!

Comments

duped_samaritan: props

Thread Information