Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World Poker Tour Signs Joe Sebok

Load Metric

World Poker Tour Signs Joe Sebok

From Jeanine Deeb's twitter:

Look who has joined the @WorldPokerTour teaaam!!!! @joesebok WOOHOO!! ❤ pic.twitter.com/t3yvzA7k

Load Metric

Load Metric
    any confirmation or press release

Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Load Metric
    Jeanine Deeb is a pretty good confirmation (Freddy's daughter btw) since she works for the WPT
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SpewArtist View Post
    Not really that bad of a decision when it comes to the recreational and non-professional players that he can attract. The general public likes Sebok from his escapades with Gavin Smith at the WSOP during the poker boom. I think that overall he will influence more players to play than the number of players playing now that would quit due to him being with the company.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post
    Not really that bad of a decision when it comes to the recreational and non-professional players that he can attract. The general public likes Sebok from his escapades with Gavin Smith at the WSOP during the poker boom. I think that overall he will influence more players to play than the number of players playing now that would quit due to him being with the company.
    That's what a million twitter followers will do for you.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post

I'm pretty sure the WPT would welcome the loss of 10-20 fairly anonymous but really good online poker players (the ones who seem the most upset with Joe) if they are replaced by even the same amount of recreational players. None of the games really big names care that he aligned with UB, so it doesn't hurt them on that end. Sebok's (and the Negreanu's, Reynold's, Stapes and Huff's types) attitude and personality are what poker needs right now. instead we get Twitter assholes, mute online grinders, and Euro angle-shooters.

FWIW, I've spoken with Joe several times (interviewed him a couple of times and have talked to him via PM's) and he really is a very likable guy. I have nothing bad to say about the guy other than he took on an impossible job and overpromised what he could/would do.

***EDIT**** Here is something on wrote on Joe Sebok after Black Friday which pretty much sums up my opinion of his time at UB http://burbspoker.blogspot.com/2011/...ins-of-ub.html
    Last edited by Steve-O; 07-19-2012 at 03:09 PM.
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

The guy knowingly took dirty money to pimp a cheat site. IMO he lost all poker cred when he did that.
    Joe Sebok has a Micropenis.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I didn't even realize the wpt was still around

Load Metric
    Hopefully they will foot the bill to bring Pokerroad Radio back. A podcast that actually travels the circuit is always interesting. Plus I miss Shirtroad

Load Metric
    I always thought he seemed like a nice guy, albeit douchey, when I would listen to his show with Gavin Smith way back then. Crowd pleaser with an ego type.

Surprised the UB affiliation wasn't enough to hold him back.

What the fuck is wrong with the poker industry?

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Did Sebok play any World Series events thsi year?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Boots2yas View Post
    Did Sebok play any World Series events thsi year?
    heard he played main

1.4 markup on 5 of it too. Pretty good for a guy with 0 cashes this year and no scores in 3 or 4 yrs

Load Metric
    Why is Joe Seabok bad?

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTIFIEDhomicide View Post
    Why is Joe Seabok bad?
    He has a micropenis?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTIFIEDhomicide View Post
    Why is Joe Seabok bad?
    Isaac Haxton summed it up pretty well on 4.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29.../#post33849159

It's not like he was an investigative journalist who tried his best to dig up a story and failed. He was a paid representative of UB, spun that role as some sort of "I'm gonna get to the bottom of this!" bull****, learned nothing, and then turned around and assured people that it was safe to play on UB.

The people who believed him lost every dime they had on the site when the **** hit the fan. He continues to tweet about his awesome life and his sweet house on Hermosa Beach that he pays for with money UB stole and gave to him to tell people they weren't crooks. He's never even made a proper public apology or admitted his role in helping UB rob more people.

If anything, he doesn't get enough hate. The fact that poker related businesses continue to pay him money to use his name in association with their products is mind-blowing.
    Worst part is, everyone in the world told Joe that associating with UB was gonna be the ruin of him, you can't succeed in what you are saying you wanna do, you will lose all credibility if you take that dirty money, etc. He did it anyway, so he deserves what he gets, plus more. In the face of all the overwhelming evidence that Joe was being told outright, badly formed lies (which he then tried to sell to the masses), he towed his company's line and did everything he could to convince people that the new UB was different. It wasn't, and lots more people got fucked because of it.
    Last edited by Crowe Diddly; 07-20-2012 at 12:25 PM.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post

Worst part is, everyone in the world told Joe that associating with UB was gonna be the ruin of him
    Even his stepdad told him to steer clear and it was a baddecision to side with UB.

Like all these cocksuckers he just brazened it out and turns up a year later taking someone elses coin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    I know that Joe deserves a lot of criticism for the whole UB debacle, but I see a lot of hypocrisy in the pro poker community. How many of the pros that are badmouthing him for not leaving UB when he couldn't get the answers he promised are friends with Hellmuth? He made the mistake of signing with a company that he by all accounts truly believed had changed its ways while Phil knowingly stayed with UB and took the money while cheating was going on. It has always irked me that Hellmuth gets a pass while Sebok and to some extent Devo and Maria Ho catch hell for coming in after the fact.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Not happening

Load Metric
    Pressure got to them or were they just floating the idea?

Thread Information