Page 72 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2262686970717273747576 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 1627

Thread: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nunbeater View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DanDruff
    3) As I said in my original post, AOC was never in an environment where people "wouldn't believe her" regarding sexual assault. She went to college from 2007-2011, when rape was taken extremely seriously on campuses, and she hung out with fellow leftists who would have never trotted out the "I don't believe you" lines. That part already made no sense. It also didn't make sense why she wouldn't be believed now, because she has a shitload of dedicated supporters who hang on her every word, which is exactly why she told this dramatic exaggerated story about her Capitol experience. BTW, you'll see that during the 2017 #MeToo movement, I was not critical of it at all, and stated that these women were likely telling the truth. Note that these women were mostly non-famous, and had little to gain by coming forward. They also gave very specific details, whereas the accused men stayed silent. AOC gave no details, just dropped an offhanded mention when convenient to make an excuse for the delay in telling the story, and didn't touch the subject again. It's either bullshit or highly misleading. Book it.
    LOL at you trying to call out Trump whataboutism when you have been nothing but a big fat fucking bag of whataboutism. Seriously that's like getting called lazy by an Australian. I'm just pointing out the bullshit

2. you have a point. the thing was his story wasn't some insane I was kidnapped by space aliens shit. It was yeah a couple rednecks called me a faggot n-word and then pulled some shit with a noose. I forget, point being on the surface it wasn't too far fetched. Hell, if Jusssie had just said that a couple guys called him a n-word and literally left out every other detail then he probably woulda been fine, everyone would have been like welp thats fucked but they would have gone about their day. He had to make it a big production and that's what fucked him. Sure he hoodwinked some big ol' liberals but look at him now, they literally had him shotgunned off of Empire and I am pretty sure he is gonna get charged with all that shit.

3. America is an environment where there is always someone willing to not believe that you were the victim of sexual assault/rape. fuck man look at that brock turner rapist kid, the fucking judge was like well we dont want to ruin this young man's life over some silly rape shit. That was 2016, well after 2011, and it still applies today, seeing as how we are arguing over AOC was actually sexually assaulted or not, and what severity the SA took, end etc etc

I did change my mind on one thing, I dont think you're a fucking retard just hard headed. I just really dont get this at all though dude, like there was an insurrection attempt, as lame and toothless as it was, where people died and shit was smeared and zipties and Nazis and gallows oh my, but your big takeaway is seriously hey fellas Im not sure if this AOC chick is telling the truth. It just seems like at this point your party is trying to do the huge fucking distraction bit to keep everyone diverted away from the fact that they tried to circumvent our democratic process. Im not gonna trot out the "as a Jew you should be worried when they do that" line but I'm fucking worried about it.
    I don't think she ever said what happened, or when it happened, or who she told. She did say that not every member of her family knew, but she didn't explain why she didn't tell them.

She went over a couple different common things for abusive people to do to their victims and then compared it to the way she's been treated by Republicans, including making them think nobody would believe them.

Quote Originally Posted by AOC
    “What’s odd is I am in a job where people are constantly calling me untruthful or that I’m exaggerating, But the reason why I think it’s important for us to hold this to account is because we know, if we do not hold people accountable, what they are asking for when they say, ‘Can we just move on?’ is that they are asking, ‘Can we just forget this happened so I can do it again?’”
    Seems like the version where AOC was assaulted in Boston and claimed she didn't tell anyone because nobody would believe her is coming from Druffs imagination, or maybe someone else put it in his head I guess.
    Last edited by duped_samaritan; 02-08-2021 at 11:24 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Ocasio-Cortez gave a point-by-point description of the days leading up to the attack as well as what happened on the day. But first, she explained why it's been hard for her to get to a point where she could tell her story. Other members of Congress, in telling her and others who were there to just "move on" after the insurrection, to "forget about" what happened, or that "it wasn't a big deal," are using "the tactics of abusers...And I'm a survivor of sexual assault," she said.
    So AOC's previous experiences with trauma made her hesitate about sharing what happened, she said, especially knowing that her political opponents—several of whom encouraged the violence, she said—would likely dismiss her story. "As a survivor, I struggle with the idea of being believed," she explained. "And what's odd is that I am in a job where people are constantly calling me untruthful or that I'm exaggerating."
    https://www.self.com/story/aoc-share-trauma

See, duped? I didn't make it up.

She said it. The above is from an article very sympathetic to her, btw.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

LOL at you trying to call out Trump whataboutism when you have been nothing but a big fat fucking bag of whataboutism. Seriously that's like getting called lazy by an Australian. I'm just pointing out the bullshit

2. you have a point. the thing was his story wasn't some insane I was kidnapped by space aliens shit. It was yeah a couple rednecks called me a faggot n-word and then pulled some shit with a noose. I forget, point being on the surface it wasn't too far fetched. Hell, if Jusssie had just said that a couple guys called him a n-word and literally left out every other detail then he probably woulda been fine, everyone would have been like welp thats fucked but they would have gone about their day. He had to make it a big production and that's what fucked him. Sure he hoodwinked some big ol' liberals but look at him now, they literally had him shotgunned off of Empire and I am pretty sure he is gonna get charged with all that shit.

3. America is an environment where there is always someone willing to not believe that you were the victim of sexual assault/rape. fuck man look at that brock turner rapist kid, the fucking judge was like well we dont want to ruin this young man's life over some silly rape shit. That was 2016, well after 2011, and it still applies today, seeing as how we are arguing over AOC was actually sexually assaulted or not, and what severity the SA took, end etc etc

I did change my mind on one thing, I dont think you're a fucking retard just hard headed. I just really dont get this at all though dude, like there was an insurrection attempt, as lame and toothless as it was, where people died and shit was smeared and zipties and Nazis and gallows oh my, but your big takeaway is seriously hey fellas Im not sure if this AOC chick is telling the truth. It just seems like at this point your party is trying to do the huge fucking distraction bit to keep everyone diverted away from the fact that they tried to circumvent our democratic process. Im not gonna trot out the "as a Jew you should be worried when they do that" line but I'm fucking worried about it.
    The "insurrection" wasn't just toothless, it was a collection of tards who just did it on the spot with no plan. It was absolutely zero threat to our Democracy. Notice that Congress went right back into session shortly after it was over, the same day!

That type of thing scares me much less than the tolerance of months-long riots over the summer, which were ignored, downplayed, and/or praised by most of the media and the left.

You mentioned the "as a Jew, you should be worried" thing. Yes, I should be. All Jews should fear the rise of fascism. I do see the rise of fascism in this country, but it's not from the right. It's from the side which seeks to silence the opposition, ruin careers for those who publicly engage in wrongthink, and punish corporations which don't publicly repeat the required ideology. There is a huge misconception that fascism only rises among the right, but in reality fascism knows no ideology. Speech suppression is a hallmark of fascism, and when you start seeing censorship and people/corporations getting punished for believing the "wrong" thing, that's a really bad sign. Fascist regimes always start by silencing the opposition under the guise of "preventing danger" or "stopping lies from spreading". Sound familiar?
    The insurrection ABSOLUTELY was a threat to our democracy and saying that it wasn't is extremely short sighted. Congress went back into session the same day AFTER things had gotten more under control but they did it in direct defiance of the insurrectionists and at personal risk to themselves. If someone attempts to murder you but fails does that mean they are zero threat? The problem is if they are not successful then presumably they would try to murder you later. I take back what I said about the insurrection being toothless though, they murdered a cop with a fire extinguisher. They were ready to murder Representatives. They just failed because it was a bunch of idiots with a bad plan but that doesn't remove the motive & the fact that they tried to overturn the elections results using force. holy fuck overturning free & fair elections by force, sounds like fascism.

cancel culture isnt fascism. In fact many companies have enjoyed a rise in sales (Goya beans anyone?) when they claim they are the victim of not being able to express themselves or not being PC or what ever. People being held accountable for saying stupid shit isn't fascism. You have all of your freedom of speech. Wrongthink? I think women should be able to have abortions freely. I have never bombed anyone because of this belief. Whereas people have literally bombed abortion clinics. Again no one is suppressing your speech or anyone's speech really. You are still free to say all the shit that you wanna say. But people do not have to support you doing it, they do not have to let you on their platforms to do it, they do not have to give you a platform to do it. I have a feeling you are talking about the right wing ban wave from Twitter - well that is an easy one. You can start your own social media platform. You even know how to code so you personally should be able to throw something together. I'm kind of shocked that people that think that bakers shouldn't have to sell cakes to the gays because they disagree with them being gay don't get this concept.

Comments

big dick: .

mickeycrimm: libtard lunatic

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

The "insurrection" wasn't just toothless, it was a collection of tards who just did it on the spot with no plan. It was absolutely zero threat to our Democracy. Notice that Congress went right back into session shortly after it was over, the same day!

That type of thing scares me much less than the tolerance of months-long riots over the summer, which were ignored, downplayed, and/or praised by most of the media and the left.

You mentioned the "as a Jew, you should be worried" thing. Yes, I should be. All Jews should fear the rise of fascism. I do see the rise of fascism in this country, but it's not from the right. It's from the side which seeks to silence the opposition, ruin careers for those who publicly engage in wrongthink, and punish corporations which don't publicly repeat the required ideology. There is a huge misconception that fascism only rises among the right, but in reality fascism knows no ideology. Speech suppression is a hallmark of fascism, and when you start seeing censorship and people/corporations getting punished for believing the "wrong" thing, that's a really bad sign. Fascist regimes always start by silencing the opposition under the guise of "preventing danger" or "stopping lies from spreading". Sound familiar?
    The insurrection ABSOLUTELY was a threat to our democracy and saying that it wasn't is extremely short sighted. Congress went back into session the same day AFTER things had gotten more under control but they did it in direct defiance of the insurrectionists and at personal risk to themselves. If someone attempts to murder you but fails does that mean they are zero threat? The problem is if they are not successful then presumably they would try to murder you later. I take back what I said about the insurrection being toothless though, they murdered a cop with a fire extinguisher. They were ready to murder Representatives. They just failed because it was a bunch of idiots with a bad plan but that doesn't remove the motive & the fact that they tried to overturn the elections results using force. holy fuck overturning free & fair elections by force, sounds like fascism.

cancel culture isnt fascism. In fact many companies have enjoyed a rise in sales (Goya beans anyone?) when they claim they are the victim of not being able to express themselves or not being PC or what ever. People being held accountable for saying stupid shit isn't fascism. You have all of your freedom of speech. Wrongthink? I think women should be able to have abortions freely. I have never bombed anyone because of this belief. Whereas people have literally bombed abortion clinics. Again no one is suppressing your speech or anyone's speech really. You are still free to say all the shit that you wanna say. But people do not have to support you doing it, they do not have to let you on their platforms to do it, they do not have to give you a platform to do it. I have a feeling you are talking about the right wing ban wave from Twitter - well that is an easy one. You can start your own social media platform. You even know how to code so you personally should be able to throw something together. I'm kind of shocked that people that think that bakers shouldn't have to sell cakes to the gays because they disagree with them being gay don't get this concept.
    How was it a threat to Democracy? Did the Capitol rioters have a plan? Was there even an 0.01% chance that they could have taken over the government and become the new leaders? It was a small group of idiots busting into the Capitol building during a riot, and order was restored within hours. It was widely condemned on both sides. The far greater threat to freedom were the riots over the summer. Entire cities were terrorized, vandalized, and burnt for months, and police were told by spineless (Democratic) city officials to stand down. Small businesses were destroyed. Large areas of Portland and Seattle were violently occupied, and declared a new territory. Police stations and courthouses were burned to the ground. Barely a peep from the mainstream media, other than to downplay and praise it.

Which affected the average American more? Months of violent riots, or a few hours of numskulls in the Capitol building?

Cancel culture is fascism. We are to the point now where it's considered appropriate on the left to censor people and news stories they don't like. Hunter Biden, anyone? It's not even like Twitter overstepped their authority and everyone was horrified. Your party approves of censoring right wing speech, under the guise of "preventing misinformation". You don't think that can be abused? Do you think it has been abused yet? What about warning labels? Have you noticed that not a single misinformation warning label has been slapped on left-wing tweets on Facebook and Twitter? Does it bother you that the "fact checkers" exclusively employ those left-of-center to do the fact checking?

Don't just take my word for it. Google the open letter written by 150 respected liberals about how cancel culture from the left has gotten out of control.

The "start your own social media if you don't like it" is such nonsense, because you know that's not trivial. It is incredibly difficult (or impossible) to compete with huge established social media companies, even if you have a lot of money behind you. Besides, someone DID start their own right wing social media company (Parler), only to have it yanked down under flimsy pretenses. Then the new excuse became, "Well, then start your own high traffic web server." And then what will be the next excuse? "Lay your own cable and become your own internet provider"?

There was recently a banning of a very respectful and well-researched book about the dangers of teen girls transitioning without proper checks in place. It actually worked for awhile, as it was banned from Target and no-advertised on Amazon. This was despite the fact that the book was well researched, not hateful, and did not criticize transgender people.

Try doing a a study about the negative effects of the extreme trans movement on a college campus. Watch what happens to your career. You cool with that, too?

Seems like you're totally fine with censorship, as long as it's not directly from the government, and as long as it's aimed at the right.

Comments

Sloppy Joe: Lol what a dumb blowhard

dwai: Sloppy Joe tilt offset

mickeycrimm:

Load Metric

How was it a threat to Democracy? Did the Capitol rioters have a plan? Was there even an 0.01% chance that they could have taken over the government and become the new leaders? It was a small group of idiots busting into the Capitol building during a riot, and order was restored within hours. It was widely condemned on both sides. The far greater threat to freedom were the riots over the summer. Entire cities were terrorized, vandalized, and burnt for months, and police were told by spineless (Democratic) city officials to stand down. Small businesses were destroyed. Large areas of Portland and Seattle were violently occupied, and declared a new territory. Police stations and courthouses were burned to the ground. Barely a peep from the mainstream media, other than to downplay and praise it.

Which affected the average American more? Months of violent riots, or a few hours of numskulls in the Capitol building?

Cancel culture is fascism. We are to the point now where it's considered appropriate on the left to censor people and news stories they don't like. Hunter Biden, anyone? It's not even like Twitter overstepped their authority and everyone was horrified. Your party approves of censoring right wing speech, under the guise of "preventing misinformation". You don't think that can be abused? Do you think it has been abused yet? What about warning labels? Have you noticed that not a single misinformation warning label has been slapped on left-wing tweets on Facebook and Twitter? Does it bother you that the "fact checkers" exclusively employ those left-of-center to do the fact checking?

Don't just take my word for it. Google the open letter written by 150 respected liberals about how cancel culture from the left has gotten out of control.

The "start your own social media if you don't like it" is such nonsense, because you know that's not trivial. It is incredibly difficult (or impossible) to compete with huge established social media companies, even if you have a lot of money behind you. Besides, someone DID start their own right wing social media company (Parler), only to have it yanked down under flimsy pretenses. Then the new excuse became, "Well, then start your own high traffic web server." And then what will be the next excuse? "Lay your own cable and become your own internet provider"?

There was recently a banning of a very respectful and well-researched book about the dangers of teen girls transitioning without proper checks in place. It actually worked for awhile, as it was banned from Target and no-advertised on Amazon. This was despite the fact that the book was well researched, not hateful, and did not criticize transgender people.

Try doing a a study about the negative effects of the extreme trans movement on a college campus. Watch what happens to your career. You cool with that, too?

Seems like you're totally fine with censorship, as long as it's not directly from the government, and as long as it's aimed at the right.
    There was no months of violent riots for one, that's revisionist Republican history (and also whataboutism that you love so much). They were mostly peaceful protests and people that got violent and stupid were arrested and charged as they should be. I haven't heard a peep about it until now, after the right wing realized how the shit they pulled made them look and decided to cry out about all the injustice that everyone else had done. Reminds me of when a little kid gets in trouble and starts pointing the finger at everyone else around him in an effort to get off the hot seat.

I don't care of the capitol insurrectionists had a plan or not. They wanted to disrupt democracy and install Trump as dictator. Which is also literally fascist. They went to the capitol and said fuck what the people voted for and fuck all the people that made a decision to participate in democracy.

Twitter didn't start off with millions of users out the gate. They built their brand over years to become the behemoth they are today. The right wing should just pull themselves up by their bootstraps and make their own Twitter type service. You say it is silly but again, Twitter (and FB etc for that matter) were not just created one day and then behemoths the next. It took time to build up these brands.

Companies kicking people off of their platform is not censorship. Again, if I own a platform and I do not want you on there, as the owner it is my right to kick you off. Look at all the banned posters here, by your logic they should be able to come back because they deserve to bot be censored. Also no one is getting censored, they are free to go out and spread their message as they wish.

I think some of you should go to some other countries because there is some serious confusion what fascism and censorship actually entails. In Russia speaking out against Putin will literally send you right the fuck to jail or worse. Try criticizing the President of China sometime or Kim Jong Un. Your idea of censorship is laughable.

Also Parler was a joke and the fact that they were dumb enough to put it on Amazon servers speaks volumes. Yes, get your own damn servers, Amazon does not want to host Parler. I fucking hate Amazon but again that is a decision that they made as a private business. In fact, fascism would be the government telling Amazon that they HAVE to keep Parler on their servers

Comments

big dick: .

Load Metric

How was it a threat to Democracy?
    How can you even say that? "Hang Mike Pence" you think they were weekend warriors playing paint ball?
    Arizona just changed a bunch of laws so they can over write the people's will,
    Michigan GOP ousted the one gop that stood up for democracy.
    'The right wants to ACT LIKE we should all move, on, they aren't moving on'- maddow
    They are making where next time they can do all the BS that Trump tried after he lost.
    All Trump did for 4 years was test our democracy, (That is why that TDS meme is so fucking stupid. Democracy dies in the dark)

GQP said MTG over Jewish people, but that doesn't stop Druff from defending people like this

RJC Statement on Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene

https://www.rjchq.org/rjc_statement_..._taylor_greene
    Name:  camp aus1.PNG
Views: 248
Size:  72.1 KB
    San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Load Metric

There was no months of violent riots for one, that's revisionist Republican history (and also whataboutism that you love so much). They were mostly peaceful protests and people that got violent and stupid were arrested and charged as they should be. I haven't heard a peep about it until now, after the right wing realized how the shit they pulled made them look and decided to cry out about all the injustice that everyone else had done. Reminds me of when a little kid gets in trouble and starts pointing the finger at everyone else around him in an effort to get off the hot seat.

I don't care of the capitol insurrectionists had a plan or not. They wanted to disrupt democracy and install Trump as dictator. Which is also literally fascist. They went to the capitol and said fuck what the people voted for and fuck all the people that made a decision to participate in democracy.

Twitter didn't start off with millions of users out the gate. They built their brand over years to become the behemoth they are today. The right wing should just pull themselves up by their bootstraps and make their own Twitter type service. You say it is silly but again, Twitter (and FB etc for that matter) were not just created one day and then behemoths the next. It took time to build up these brands.

Companies kicking people off of their platform is not censorship. Again, if I own a platform and I do not want you on there, as the owner it is my right to kick you off. Look at all the banned posters here, by your logic they should be able to come back because they deserve to bot be censored. Also no one is getting censored, they are free to go out and spread their message as they wish.

I think some of you should go to some other countries because there is some serious confusion what fascism and censorship actually entails. In Russia speaking out against Putin will literally send you right the fuck to jail or worse. Try criticizing the President of China sometime or Kim Jong Un. Your idea of censorship is laughable.

Also Parler was a joke and the fact that they were dumb enough to put it on Amazon servers speaks volumes. Yes, get your own damn servers, Amazon does not want to host Parler. I fucking hate Amazon but again that is a decision that they made as a private business. In fact, fascism would be the government telling Amazon that they HAVE to keep Parler on their servers

Apparently you've never heard of Portland. And perhaps you haven't heard about it before now because you only watch CNN, which refused to cover them. But they did happen, and they happened each and every night. They were not "peaceful" nor were they "protests", just anarchy filled violent riots and vandalism. They don't fit the CNN narrative, so blackout on coverage. And they still go on each and every night.

Comments

dwai:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post

Apparently you've never heard of Portland. And perhaps you haven't heard about it before now because you only watch CNN, which refused to cover them. But they did happen, and they happened each and every night. They were not "peaceful" nor were they "protests", just anarchy filled violent riots and vandalism. They don't fit the CNN narrative, so blackout on coverage. And they still go on each and every night.
    sorry I guess I phrased that badly.....I haven't heard so much pearl clutching until now

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post

sorry I guess I phrased that badly.....I haven't heard so much pearl clutching until now
    strange, you haven't heard any ideas that differ from yours, every media company, Facebook, apple, Twitter, Amazon, movie stars and athletes.

Comments

gut: NunBron James

Load Metric

There was no months of violent riots for one, that's revisionist Republican history (and also whataboutism that you love so much).
    Holy shit that might be the dumbest thing written on here in months, not counting parody accounts like JimmyG.

Load Metric

They wanted to disrupt democracy and install Trump as dictator. Which is also literally fascist.

I think some of you should go to some other countries because there is some serious confusion what fascism and censorship actually entails.

Comments

dwai:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

They wanted to disrupt democracy and install Trump as dictator. Which is also literally fascist.

I think some of you should go to some other countries because there is some serious confusion what fascism and censorship actually entails.

guy is a complete moron

Comments

Sloppy Joe: Good post!

BlunderMaker: offset

Load Metric
    Republicans screaming about being censored across 27 platforms

Load Metric

Easy enough to figure that you condone women murdering their babies.
    POKER FAG ALERT! FOR BLOW JOB SEE SLOPPY JOE THE TRANNIE HO.

Load Metric

The European Union is telling big tech to knock off the censorship. Poland and Hungary will charge 7 figure fines for any censorship by big tech. Those two countries lived under censorship for decades. They won't take it from socialist faggot big tech. Eventually, the U.S. will follow. But not until idiot socialist fascists like you are washed out.
    POKER FAG ALERT! FOR BLOW JOB SEE SLOPPY JOE THE TRANNIE HO.

Load Metric

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Looks to me like you're confusing various things.

You can have censorship without an authoritarian government. Just because the US isn't jailing or killing people for criticizing the government doesn't mean that there isn't censorship here.

Here's the definition of censorship:

censorship, n.

the suppression or prohibition of any parts of books, films, news, etc. that are considered obscene, politically unacceptable, or a threat to security.

Notice that it says "the suppression". It does not say "government suppression". Suppression can take any form.

In small, private spaces, censorship isn't a big deal. For example, if I wanted to start a right-wing forum where left-wing thought wasn't allowed, that wouldn't be harming anyone, as people could simply choose not to visit my forum.

However, Twitter and other large social media companies have risen far above that point, and have developed into huge centers for dissemination of news and information. They are also free to join, do not vet members, and charge no membership fee. They have become functionally equivalent to public squares.

It is really, really bad to have any kind of ideological censorship in such places.

Furthermore, it doesn't matter what the Capitol rioters wanted. They were a small group of people without any kind of power or influence. They had no ability to achieve their goals. They were not affiliated with any large movement to overthrow the government. It was not a threat to democracy, because they were small in number, had no popular support, no plan, and no large group backing them. I don't see why this is so tough to understand. The "OMG DEMOCRACY UNDER ATTACK" nonsense is just drama being pushed by the left and the media, so as to justify why it should be okay going forward to dismiss and censor the right.

Comments

mickeycrimm:

Load Metric

You can have censorship without an authoritarian government. Just because the US isn't jailing or killing people for criticizing the government doesn't mean that there isn't censorship here.

censorship, n.

the suppression or prohibition of any parts of books, films, news, etc. that are considered obscene, politically unacceptable, or a threat to security.

Notice that it says "the suppression". It does not say "government suppression". Suppression can take any form.

In small, private spaces, censorship isn't a big deal. For example, if I wanted to start a right-wing forum where left-wing thought wasn't allowed, that wouldn't be harming anyone, as people could simply choose not to visit my forum.

However, Twitter and other large social media companies have risen far above that point, and have developed into huge centers for dissemination of news and information. They are also free to join, do not vet members, and charge no membership fee. They have become functionally equivalent to public squares.

It is really, really bad to have any kind of ideological censorship in such places.

Furthermore, it doesn't matter what the Capitol rioters wanted. They were a small group of people without any kind of power or influence. They had no ability to achieve their goals. They were not affiliated with any large movement to overthrow the government. It was not a threat to democracy, because they were small in number, had no popular support, no plan, and no large group backing them. I don't see why this is so tough to understand. The "OMG DEMOCRACY UNDER ATTACK" nonsense is just drama being pushed by the left and the media, so as to justify why it should be okay going forward to dismiss and censor the right.
    LOL ok faggot

Comments

Dan Druff: Sloppy Joe the Portland lib, everyone
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric

censorship, n.

dude again no one is censoring the right, you are confusing a companies decision to suspend accounts with censorship. Every single one of the people suspended by Twitter & Facebook is free to take their message elsewhere. Actual censorship would be the government limiting them or suppressing their speech. No one can make the right stop spreading their message. We can choose not to listen and not to support it but y'all are still free to pass out your mimeographed pamphlets on street corners across Baltimore.

Also the capitol insurrectionists wanted to overturn the electoral votes for college & they wanted to murder sitting Representatives. In what fucking world does that not matter? The "OMG DEMOCRACY WASN'T UNDER ATTACK YOU GUISE" nonsense is just bullshit being pushed by the right to deceive the American public in the hopes that we all forget about it and let the insurrectionists off easy. Good fucking luck with that fellas. Personally I think they haven't even scratched the surface as far as charging people & a lot of people that are facing misdemeanors now will soon have felony charges to go with it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    dude again no one is censoring the right, you are confusing a companies decision to suspend accounts with censorship. Every single one of the people suspended by Twitter & Facebook is free to take their message elsewhere. Actual censorship would be the government limiting them or suppressing their speech. No one can make the right stop spreading their message. We can choose not to listen and not to support it but y'all are still free to pass out your mimeographed pamphlets on street corners across Baltimore.

Also the capitol insurrectionists wanted to overturn the electoral votes for college & they wanted to murder sitting Representatives. In what fucking world does that not matter? The "OMG DEMOCRACY WASN'T UNDER ATTACK YOU GUISE" nonsense is just bullshit being pushed by the right to deceive the American public in the hopes that we all forget about it and let the insurrectionists off easy. Good fucking luck with that fellas. Personally I think they haven't even scratched the surface as far as charging people & a lot of people that are facing misdemeanors now will soon have felony charges to go with it.

Go back and read my definition above of censorship, which I got from a standard dictionary online.

Censorship does not have to come from government sources. Any kind of speech suppression for ideological reasons is censorship. What would you call the suppression of the NY Post story about Hunter Biden? That looks exactly like censorship.

And regarding the Capitol riots, once again it doesn't matter what a few idiots "wanted". They had no power, no means to take over the government, no backing, and no popular support. Thus, it was not a threat to democracy. Similarly, if a few five-year-olds got together and decided they were going to do a strongarm takeover of my house, that also wouldn't be a threat to my home. They would have zero chance of achieving it, and if I described their attempt as a "threat", everyone would laugh at me. There has been a concerted attempt by the left and media to equate Republicans with the Capitol rioters, even though all Republican politicians and media figures have condemned the rioters and called for their aggressive prosecution.

Speaking of which...

I am going on record stating that I hope all of the Capitol rioters are arrested and aggressively prosecuted.

Can you say the same about the summer rioters? Do you hope that all summer protesters who broke laws are aggressively arrested and prosecuted for their actions?

Thread Information