Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 374344454647
Results 921 to 932 of 932

Thread: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

  1. #921
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Big shocker, someone from the left is defending Muslims and trying to make white men look evil.

    Also, AOC is not understanding the difference between terrorism and a hate crime.

    Terrorism is an attack meant to instill fear into a civilian population in order to advance a political agenda. For example, 9/11 was meant to scare Americans from supporting the US interfering in middle-eastern matters.

    A hate crime is simply meant to kill people of a certain ethnicity, religion, or sexual preference that the perpetrator hates.

    The Pulse Nightclub shooting seemed to be a mixture of terrorism and a hate crime, as the shooter mentioned Allah as he committed his killings, but also seemed to hate gays.

    The San Bernadino shooting was terrorism -- not "workplace violence" as Obama tried to claim.

    These white supremacists killing people -- whether Jews, blacks, or whoever -- are hate crimes. They are not looking to advance any real political ideology or intimidate anyone, but rather just want to kill people from groups they hate.

    This is yet another attempt by a leftist politican to say, "See! White people are terrorists just as often as Muslims are terrorists, but our racist government only brands the Muslims as such."

    AOC wants you to believe it's just right wing hatred which has made people believe that Muslims are more likely than any other group to commit acts of terror.

    I think you’re doing the same thing as her, to obfuscate most of these white supremacists attacks. They are mentally ill people who both hate their targets and think they can change policy. Their writing reflect they think they’ll be a tipping point to scare their targets or get their country to alter policy. They are mostly terrorists.

    Like Vegas I wouldn’t classify as either as I don’t believe we know the guy’s motivation beyond insane. School shootings often fall in there. Just mentally ill people.

    That’s not to say I buy white people are terrorizing black people more. These are isolated incidents and black people commit more violent crimes against white people, in many cases for being white, than the opposite. They face scrutiny and police harassment if they wander into the wrong white enclave. White people get shot or beaten for being white more frequently every day for wandering into the wrong black area. The Jewish and Muslim hate stuff is almost wholly political and terrorism.

    But white supremacists don’t get a pass for being less organized and not having nation state financial backing. They’re still terrorists with goals beyond simple hatred. They almost always have political agendas and ideology. We won’t need to get the military involved to root them out, so they’re a far lesser problem at this point, but they are still terrorists.

     
    Comments
      
      tony bagadonuts: Thoughtful commentary
      
      MumblesBadly: Tony!!!!!!!! We agree on something again!!!!!
    Last edited by BCR; 06-06-2019 at 09:58 AM.

  2. #922
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    5196
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    22,656
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

    But white supremacists don’t get a pass for being less organized and not having nation state financial backing.

    They tend to also hail from areas with conservative / evangelist power blocks that both shield the from scrutiny and facilitate their access to the resources for asymmetrical warfare.

    Because you know, the bible or something.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

  3. #923
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

    But white supremacists don’t get a pass for being less organized and not having nation state financial backing.
    They tend to also hail from areas with conservative / evangelist power blocks that both shield the from scrutiny and facilitate their access to the resources for asymmetrical warfare.

    Because you know, the bible or something.
    fess up already, are you behind the mumblesbadly account?

  4. #924
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    5196
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    22,656
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

    They tend to also hail from areas with conservative / evangelist power blocks that both shield the from scrutiny and facilitate their access to the resources for asymmetrical warfare.

    Because you know, the bible or something.
    fess up already, are you behind the mumblesbadly account?

    a lady never tells.

     
    Comments
      
      MumblesBadly: All part of the master plan...
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

  5. #925
    100% Organic MumblesBadly's Avatar
    Reputation
    -120
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    In the many threads of this forum
    Posts
    6,542
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    There is only one scumbag here:


    ME

  6. #926
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4504
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    31,015
    Blog Entries
    2
    Someone posted that NOW SHIT video on Facebook, and I commented on it there.

    While it would be great to have some reform regarding defense contractors (this is a problem which goes back long before AOC was born, btw), I hate how she linked it to socialized healthcare.

    Total apples and oranges.

    In general, you sound like a fool when saying, "This wasted $200,000 of the federal budget, which could have bought XXXXX for the children."

    That's not how federal budgeting works, and while it's never good to waste any public money, an extra $200k in government coffers is a tiny drop in the bucket, and would not affect anything.

    AOC should have just stuck with the shaming of the defense contractor and made a speech about the need for reform (something I'd agree with), and shut her mouth about the Medicare for All bullshit.

     
    Comments
      
      MumblesBadly: When conservatives pass $700+ billion in military spending, do almost nothing to stem wasteful military spending, then bitch about how social programs

  7. #927
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4504
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    31,015
    Blog Entries
    2
    BTW I've got a personal story about a defense contractor wasting money.

    In 1998, I was working for a defense contractor and they had an essential project which needed to be completed by a hard deadline, at which point they would be moving the entire project to Alabama.

    So basically the California group had to finish a lot of work in a relatively short time, and I was part of that group. I also wasn't making very much money, with it being my first job out of college.

    The really frustrating thing for me, however, was watching new hires out of college get a higher starting salary than my then-current one, despite my two years at the company and Master's Degree.

    How did this happen?

    It was a phenomenon called "compression". The dot-com boom of the late '90s was forcing programmer salaries way up, so they had to hire at rapidly increased salaries in order to get anyone new, even recent college grads. However, this greatly outpaced the yearly raise budget they had for existing employees, so it fucked existing employees like me who had only been there a few years. This problem plagued many companies, and the more flexible, nimble ones fixed it for those who spoke up.

    I was working for a company full of bureaucracy, and there simply wasn't an easy way to do it. The only way they could manage it was to take the money out of the "raise" pool, which would have limited flexibility to give other people raises in my department. They really didn't want to deal with it.

    Regardless, I went to HR and told them that I needed this rectified, or I was walking.

    Well, they went into a panic because they realized if I walked, that important project wasn't going to get done. At the same time, they really didn't want to give me that big raise and throw off their raise pool.

    So what did they do? They lied to me. They told me it was "processing", and as soon as I was done with the essential project and they closed our department down, they broke the news to me that it was "denied".

    At that point, they didn't give a shit if I left, because my department was closing, and while I wasn't being laid off (I was being moved elsewhere), I was no longer essential, and in some ways extraneous.

    Dirty. I was too naive at the time to have demanded a signed agreement. I just took their word for it, and I got fucked up the ass.

    Anyway, I didn't quit right away because it's a disadvantage in the job market to have no job while looking for a new one.

    I started looking elsewhere, and they moved me to a new department.

    Here's where the waste comes in.

    This new department was HUGE and bloated. Basically they dropped people there if they had nowhere else to go.

    My new boss gave me the first assignment, and I completed it in like 45 minutes.

    I came back to him and said, "Okay, what now?"

    He responded, "What? You're done? Oh I didn't expect that. I thought this would take like 4 days. Okay, I'll get back to you soon."

    He didn't get back to me. He was content to let me sit around doing nothing.

    This was actually great for me because I got to spend the time on the internet looking for new jobs and basically fucking around, while getting paid for it. I could also disappear for hours at a time to go on job interviews and nobody even noticed or cared. I wasn't even working in the same room as my boss, nor did he come look for me.

    I had some small lol task to complete each week, I'd knock it out in an hour, and then I'd have 39 hours left to fuck around.

    I remember thinking to myself, "If I wasn't 26 years old and looking for challenges in my career, this would be the perfect situation. If I were like 55 and just looking for a paycheck, this would be heaven."

    But I wasn't 55 and looking for a paycheck. I wanted something challenging, interesting, and with a future.

    Finally I found something which looked good, accepted it, and gave my 2 weeks notice. In my official letter giving the notice, I blamed the situation from a few months back where they screwed me out of the pay raise.

    "Oh wow, I had no idea they did that to you," said my boss. "Well, you've done a good job in the few months you've worked for me, so let me know if you need a recommendation."

    And with that, I was on my way.

    But I couldn't help think of how bloated the whole thing was, and how much taxpayer money was being wasted to do very little.

     
    Comments
      
      duped_samaritan:

  8. #928
    Gold duped_samaritan's Avatar
    Reputation
    347
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,922
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW I've got a personal story about a defense contractor wasting money.

    In 1998, I was working for a defense contractor and they had an essential project which needed to be completed by a hard deadline, at which point they would be moving the entire project to Alabama.

    So basically the California group had to finish a lot of work in a relatively short time, and I was part of that group. I also wasn't making very much money, with it being my first job out of college.

    The really frustrating thing for me, however, was watching new hires out of college get a higher starting salary than my then-current one, despite my two years at the company and Master's Degree.

    How did this happen?

    It was a phenomenon called "compression". The dot-com boom of the late '90s was forcing programmer salaries way up, so they had to hire at rapidly increased salaries in order to get anyone new, even recent college grads. However, this greatly outpaced the yearly raise budget they had for existing employees, so it fucked existing employees like me who had only been there a few years. This problem plagued many companies, and the more flexible, nimble ones fixed it for those who spoke up.

    I was working for a company full of bureaucracy, and there simply wasn't an easy way to do it. The only way they could manage it was to take the money out of the "raise" pool, which would have limited flexibility to give other people raises in my department. They really didn't want to deal with it.

    Regardless, I went to HR and told them that I needed this rectified, or I was walking.

    Well, they went into a panic because they realized if I walked, that important project wasn't going to get done. At the same time, they really didn't want to give me that big raise and throw off their raise pool.

    So what did they do? They lied to me. They told me it was "processing", and as soon as I was done with the essential project and they closed our department down, they broke the news to me that it was "denied".

    At that point, they didn't give a shit if I left, because my department was closing, and while I wasn't being laid off (I was being moved elsewhere), I was no longer essential, and in some ways extraneous.

    Dirty. I was too naive at the time to have demanded a signed agreement. I just took their word for it, and I got fucked up the ass.

    Anyway, I didn't quit right away because it's a disadvantage in the job market to have no job while looking for a new one.

    I started looking elsewhere, and they moved me to a new department.

    Here's where the waste comes in.

    This new department was HUGE and bloated. Basically they dropped people there if they had nowhere else to go.

    My new boss gave me the first assignment, and I completed it in like 45 minutes.

    I came back to him and said, "Okay, what now?"

    He responded, "What? You're done? Oh I didn't expect that. I thought this would take like 4 days. Okay, I'll get back to you soon."

    He didn't get back to me. He was content to let me sit around doing nothing.

    This was actually great for me because I got to spend the time on the internet looking for new jobs and basically fucking around, while getting paid for it. I could also disappear for hours at a time to go on job interviews and nobody even noticed or cared. I wasn't even working in the same room as my boss, nor did he come look for me.

    I had some small lol task to complete each week, I'd knock it out in an hour, and then I'd have 39 hours left to fuck around.

    I remember thinking to myself, "If I wasn't 26 years old and looking for challenges in my career, this would be the perfect situation. If I were like 55 and just looking for a paycheck, this would be heaven."

    But I wasn't 55 and looking for a paycheck. I wanted something challenging, interesting, and with a future.

    Finally I found something which looked good, accepted it, and gave my 2 weeks notice. In my official letter giving the notice, I blamed the situation from a few months back where they screwed me out of the pay raise.

    "Oh wow, I had no idea they did that to you," said my boss. "Well, you've done a good job in the few months you've worked for me, so let me know if you need a recommendation."

    And with that, I was on my way.

    But I couldn't help think of how bloated the whole thing was, and how much taxpayer money was being wasted to do very little.
    Great post. Did you really type that in 14 minutes?

  9. #929
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW I've got a personal story about a defense contractor wasting money.

    In 1998, I was working for a defense contractor and they had an essential project which needed to be completed by a hard deadline, at which point they would be moving the entire project to Alabama.

    So basically the California group had to finish a lot of work in a relatively short time, and I was part of that group. I also wasn't making very much money, with it being my first job out of college.

    The really frustrating thing for me, however, was watching new hires out of college get a higher starting salary than my then-current one, despite my two years at the company and Master's Degree.

    How did this happen?

    It was a phenomenon called "compression". The dot-com boom of the late '90s was forcing programmer salaries way up, so they had to hire at rapidly increased salaries in order to get anyone new, even recent college grads. However, this greatly outpaced the yearly raise budget they had for existing employees, so it fucked existing employees like me who had only been there a few years. This problem plagued many companies, and the more flexible, nimble ones fixed it for those who spoke up.

    I was working for a company full of bureaucracy, and there simply wasn't an easy way to do it. The only way they could manage it was to take the money out of the "raise" pool, which would have limited flexibility to give other people raises in my department. They really didn't want to deal with it.

    Regardless, I went to HR and told them that I needed this rectified, or I was walking.

    Well, they went into a panic because they realized if I walked, that important project wasn't going to get done. At the same time, they really didn't want to give me that big raise and throw off their raise pool.

    So what did they do? They lied to me. They told me it was "processing", and as soon as I was done with the essential project and they closed our department down, they broke the news to me that it was "denied".

    At that point, they didn't give a shit if I left, because my department was closing, and while I wasn't being laid off (I was being moved elsewhere), I was no longer essential, and in some ways extraneous.

    Dirty. I was too naive at the time to have demanded a signed agreement. I just took their word for it, and I got fucked up the ass.

    Anyway, I didn't quit right away because it's a disadvantage in the job market to have no job while looking for a new one.

    I started looking elsewhere, and they moved me to a new department.

    Here's where the waste comes in.

    This new department was HUGE and bloated. Basically they dropped people there if they had nowhere else to go.

    My new boss gave me the first assignment, and I completed it in like 45 minutes.

    I came back to him and said, "Okay, what now?"

    He responded, "What? You're done? Oh I didn't expect that. I thought this would take like 4 days. Okay, I'll get back to you soon."

    He didn't get back to me. He was content to let me sit around doing nothing.

    This was actually great for me because I got to spend the time on the internet looking for new jobs and basically fucking around, while getting paid for it. I could also disappear for hours at a time to go on job interviews and nobody even noticed or cared. I wasn't even working in the same room as my boss, nor did he come look for me.

    I had some small lol task to complete each week, I'd knock it out in an hour, and then I'd have 39 hours left to fuck around.

    I remember thinking to myself, "If I wasn't 26 years old and looking for challenges in my career, this would be the perfect situation. If I were like 55 and just looking for a paycheck, this would be heaven."

    But I wasn't 55 and looking for a paycheck. I wanted something challenging, interesting, and with a future.

    Finally I found something which looked good, accepted it, and gave my 2 weeks notice. In my official letter giving the notice, I blamed the situation from a few months back where they screwed me out of the pay raise.

    "Oh wow, I had no idea they did that to you," said my boss. "Well, you've done a good job in the few months you've worked for me, so let me know if you need a recommendation."

    And with that, I was on my way.

    But I couldn't help think of how bloated the whole thing was, and how much taxpayer money was being wasted to do very little.
    Great post. Did you really type that in 14 minutes?
    Clearly, he did a 4 day project in 45 minutes.

     
    Comments
      
      Dan Druff: lol
      
      MumblesBadly: My money is on Druff having such anecdotes mostly prewritten, stored in a database, and insertable using hot key combos.

  10. #930
    100% Organic MumblesBadly's Avatar
    Reputation
    -120
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    In the many threads of this forum
    Posts
    6,542

     
    Comments
      
      verminaard: I read the Wall St. Journal article. All the new tech expansion is in Manhattan, and would have all happened anyways in addition to the Queens headquarters. Making the richest part of NY even richer probably isn't effective social justice
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    There is only one scumbag here:


    ME

  11. #931
    If AOC was a republican...she’d be called a white hispanic and not a person of color.

    The troof

  12. #932

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Cortez, the socialist bitch
    By thesparten in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 01-12-2019, 06:58 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •