Thread: Erik Seidel wins 10th WSOP Bracelet (2nd most All-Time)

Load Metric

Erik Seidel wins 10th WSOP Bracelet (2nd most All-Time)

Seidel is now second on the All-Time list for most bracelets in WSOP history, tied with poker legends Phil Ivey, Johnny Chan, and the late Doyle Brunson.

https://twitter.com/WSOP/status/1733640844094156827

Load Metric
    Reading that article I see they mention Johnny Chan. What ever happened to him anyways? It looks like he still plays poker lots but never had much success since the poker boom hit 20 years ago. you also never hear anyone talking about him
    PokerfraudAlert acknowledges that our message board is on the unceded, unsurrendered Territory of Donkdown.com who's presence stretches back to that of Neverwinpoker and the Lithuanians. As such we acknowledge the great role that Tony G, Jewdonk, any many other Lithuanians have contributed to our community.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Any bracelets won outside the real WSOP…wgaf

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post
    Any bracelets won outside the real WSOP…wgaf
    Ill give ya the arguement on the online thing but WSOPE has existed for awhile now and this is like their end of year thing. I mean how is it much different then the arguement on the triple crown of a WSOP WPT AND EPT? WPT isnt limited to only a few tournaments for a title as long as its the main tour just like EPT. Im willing to cut WSOP slack at least on live events as it counting.

Banned
    Load Metric
    great player mad respect

just hit a massive score

still went back to his dark hotel room and jerked off before passing out alone

high stakes low stakes doesn’t really matter

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Seidel tilted off pretty badly on Day 1 of the 2023 WSOP Main.

He started at my table, played reasonably, but after a succession of lost pots, he made some tilty decisions and chunked off a very playable stack in that slow event. He busted against me, actually.

Several at the table remarked they were surprised to see this. I didn’t say anything, but I was definitely thinking it loudly.

I realize this was just one event, so I’ll just chalk it up to a bad day for him.

Banned
    Load Metric
    hut I see you lurking go to bed you have a long day ahead of you tomorrow squeezing out a few bucks at the soggy dough pizzeria with your underpaid crew of dipshit stoner millennials

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Seeing Seidel -- and several other "big name" pros -- punt off badly at my tables at this year's Main Event actually made me feel better about my own play.

Sometimes I will make a dumb play or bad decision and kick myself for it, incorrectly believing that one of these big name guys wouldn't have fucked up the same way. Then in reality I will see some of them screw up other hands even worse, and I realize that some days people just don't "have it", and it's a myth that these big names just crush all the time and always make the right move.

Bottom line is that everyone does stupid shit in poker tournaments, given enough of a sample size. Just some do it more than others.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Todd can you please cease and desist saying….

‘the bottom line’

its not only repetitive but extremely annoying

TIA

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    Todd can you please cease and desist saying….

‘the bottom line’

its not only repetitive but extremely annoying

TIA
    now you want to dictate his speech patterns; in addition to how he uses his money.

fucking weird, bottom line, pal.

Comments

Dan Druff: lol

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Seeing Seidel -- and several other "big name" pros -- punt off badly at my tables at this year's Main Event actually made me feel better about my own play.

Sometimes I will make a dumb play or bad decision and kick myself for it, incorrectly believing that one of these big name guys wouldn't have fucked up the same way. Then in reality I will see some of them screw up other hands even worse, and I realize that some days people just don't "have it", and it's a myth that these big names just crush all the time and always make the right move.

Bottom line is that everyone does stupid shit in poker tournaments, given enough of a sample size. Just some do it more than others.
    The hardest thing to do in poker is play your A game all the time.

Load Metric
    I watched the final table of the 1999 WSOPME. Seidel came to the table with the shortest stack, about 4% of the chips. Easy to tell he was sweating bullets. He did pick off a bluff from Parkinson on the river in one hand when Seidel checked and Parkinson bet. This was after both the flop and the turn had been checked. Seidel agonized then called all-in with Ace high to win the pot. Can't remember the hand he went out with but he was the first eliminated.

Heck Seed came to the table with about 10% of the chips but was the favorite to win it. Seed was just to the left of Noel Furlong and got way out of line thinking he could raise Furlong out of the pot. Furlong open raised with Ac-3c. Huck came over the top raising all in with a stack that was really to big to be moving in at that point. Without hesitating Furlong called and everyone was shocked to see Seed knocked out 4th. Furlong was the eventual winner.
    POKER FAG ALERT! FOR BLOW JOB SEE SLOPPY JOE THE TRANNIE HO.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    I watched the final table of the 1999 WSOPME. Seidel came to the table with the shortest stack, about 4% of the chips. Easy to tell he was sweating bullets. He did pick off a bluff from Parkinson on the river in one hand when Seidel checked and Parkinson bet. This was after both the flop and the turn had been checked. Seidel agonized then called all-in with Ace high to win the pot. Can't remember the hand he went out with but he was the first eliminated.

Heck Seed came to the table with about 10% of the chips but was the favorite to win it. Seed was just to the left of Noel Furlong and got way out of line thinking he could raise Furlong out of the pot. Furlong open raised with Ac-3c. Huck came over the top raising all in with a stack that was really to big to be moving in at that point. Without hesitating Furlong called and everyone was shocked to see Seed knocked out 4th. Furlong was the eventual winner.
    Forgot to add that Seed was holding J-8 either hearts or diamonds against Furlong, can't remember the suit but they were red.
    POKER FAG ALERT! FOR BLOW JOB SEE SLOPPY JOE THE TRANNIE HO.

Thread Information