Soooooooo....

I have something called Laryngopharyngeal Reflux, also known as LPR.

It's like heartburn, but with a highly annoying lump in your throat instead of pain.

https://www.webmd.com/heartburn-gerd...ilent-reflux#1

Interestingly, I've never had heartburn in my life (and still haven't).

For the past few years, I've noticed an increased sensation of a "lump" (kind of what feels like congestion) in my throat, especially when I lie down. However, I dismissed it as probably being in my head.

Well, it's not. It got moderately worse earlier this year. About a week ago, it got MUCH worse for no apparent reason. I was unable to sleep because the lump-in-throat sensation got so pronounced that it felt like I couldn't breathe when I'd lie down. I tried to even sleep propped up, and it didn't help. Finally I would fall asleep after getting completely exhausted after many hours. It was torture.

I did some internet research and found I likely had this LPR, but there were other possible causes. I went to the doctor, and he put this device up my nose:

It's actually not as bad as it looks. They numb your nose, and it doesn't hurt, though it feels weird. They can look down your throat using this.

I was told that, indeed, I have LPR.

So this requires a ton of lifestyle changes, including:

- No eating 4 hours before going to sleep (very hard for me, as those 4 hours are when I'm hungriest)

- No drinking anything besides water for those same 4 hours (even harder)

- Take Nexium about 30 minutes before dinner (this will only be for 2 week)

- Avoid acidic foods/drinks, or anything else you observe bringing on the problem shortly after eating (sadly, describes much of what I eat or drink)

- No really big meals (so much for future Live at the Bike appearances)

Sucks. But I am forcing myself to do this shit because I can't stand this.

I'm a few days into the changes, and it's somewhat (but not completely) better. I was able to sleep mostly well the last 2 nights. Wednesday and Friday night were the worst (Thursday was okay, for whatever reason).

Only bright side is that it will indirectly cause me to lose weight and eat better.

Was texting with someone else from PFA recently and found out he just came down with the same thing.

My mom also developed it for the first time this year.