Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829

Thread: I have a medical condition which will be tough to treat, and it means the end of radio (for now)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BUMP

Took flight from LA to Vegas on Thursday night.

It was torture. Just an hour, but I was already very uncomfortable from the first minute, and the entire hour I felt like I couldn't breathe and was trapped. Looks like I have a long way to go until I can fly. Even two 0.25mg worth of Xanax didn't make a dent in this.

Just kidding. It went great. Popped one 0.25mg Xanax before I thought I would board, then it was delayed a bit (oops), but we got on and in the air fast enough to where the Xanax was at or near its peak the entire time. But honestly I didn't even feel the Xanax that much. Didn't have one care. Flight was totally normal, as if nothing had ever happened to me. Great success!

Next test will be a flight across the country.
    Good job man. Now do fucking radio.

Load Metric
    BUMP

It was torture. Just an hour, but I was already very uncomfortable from the first minute, and the entire hour I felt like I couldn't breathe and was trapped. Looks like I have a long way to go until I can fly. Even two 0.25mg worth of Xanax didn't make a dent in this.

Just kidding. It went great. Popped one 0.25mg Xanax before I thought I would board, then it was delayed a bit (oops), but we got on and in the air fast enough to where the Xanax was at or near its peak the entire time. But honestly I didn't even feel the Xanax that much. Didn't have one care. Flight was totally normal, as if nothing had ever happened to me. Great success!

Good on you, Druff.

BTW, reading the first spoiler, I just kinda knew the second spoiler was gonna be about how the first spoiler was a joke. You seemed "back" on the last radio show already.

Personally I know I've got a touch of claustrophobia. As long as I can move even a tiny bit I'm OK, even in tight seats on a plane, packed subways etc. But put me in tube where I just cannot move or just picturing scuba diving through really tight caves and you can forget it - just the thought of stuff like that messes me up (so I don't think about it).

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Wars View Post
    BUMP

Good on you, Druff.

BTW, reading the first spoiler, I just kinda knew the second spoiler was gonna be about how the first spoiler was a joke. You seemed "back" on the last radio show already.

Personally I know I've got a touch of claustrophobia. As long as I can move even a tiny bit I'm OK, even in tight seats on a plane, packed subways etc. But put me in tube where I just cannot move or just picturing scuba diving through really tight caves and you can forget it - just the thought of stuff like that messes me up (so I don't think about it).
    Rumor has it that Benjamin’s mom was super helpful in Druff overcoming his recent anxiety over flying, going so far as so bake him a cake to kick off this test flight.

Name:  3714FA0F-A9E1-4F05-BB2B-88775AB2B29C.jpeg
Views: 585
Size:  61.3 KB
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Druff I hope you don't regret clearing up the H pylori especially with WSOP coming up. Gotten it twice in my life and not pleasant when it rears its ugly head. I had no problems with the medication prescribed to treat it. Some kind of antibiotics for 2 weeks and good as new. Brotherinlaw let it go and ended up needing 6 weeks to just get rid of the pain. Get started with the treatment now so you are 100% for WSOP. Don't make me say I told ya so. Best Wishes Sir!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BUMP

WSOP now 11 days away.

Anxiety 90% better
    Depression 95% better
    LPR about 50% better but not likely to improve beyond that (but I've gotten used to it, for the most part)

My girlfriend found an article describing one of the conditions I had from late August through late September, called anhedonia.

Anhedonia is the inability to feel any form of pleasure, happiness, love, or excitement. It's not the same as depression, though it's closely associated with depression.

It's from a chemical disorder in your brain, and you're basically robbed of the ability to feel anything positive. You aren't an emotionless zombie, though. You still feel negative emotion. Just nothing positive in any way. Even small pleasures, such as those derived from eating good food or listening to good music, disappear.

It was awful.

Fortunately mine vanished after a month -- one of the first things to get better.

Here's a good article about it: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/320737.php

While anhedonia isn't completely understood, there is some belief that reduced dopamine levels can be one of the causes.

This is interesting, because caffeine increases dopamine levels, and I have definitely noticed caffeine's role in helping me get better.

Load Metric
    BUMP

WSOP now 11 days away.

Anxiety 90% better
    Depression 95% better
    LPR about 50% better but not likely to improve beyond that (but I've gotten used to it, for the most part)

My girlfriend found an article describing one of the conditions I had from late August through late September, called anhedonia.

Anhedonia is the inability to feel any form of pleasure, happiness, love, or excitement. It's not the same as depression, though it's closely associated with depression.

It's from a chemical disorder in your brain, and you're basically robbed of the ability to feel anything positive. You aren't an emotionless zombie, though. You still feel negative emotion. Just nothing positive in any way. Even small pleasures, such as those derived from eating good food or listening to good music, disappear.

It was awful.

Fortunately mine vanished after a month -- one of the first things to get better.

Here's a good article about it: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/320737.php

While anhedonia isn't completely understood, there is some belief that reduced dopamine levels can be one of the causes.

This is interesting, because caffeine increases dopamine levels, and I have definitely noticed caffeine's role in helping me get better.
    Have you considering trying microdosing psychodelics?

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    BUMP

WSOP now 11 days away.

Anxiety 90% better
    Depression 95% better

It was awful.

I have no desrire to do any of that shit, even in micro amounts.

If I were desperate (for example, stuck how I was feeling in early Sept), then I would start considering weird alternatives like this, but at this point I'm not fucking around with anything.

Keep in mind that I also have to be careful not to take anything which could possibly bring it all back to high levels. I noticed that PPIs (Nexium, Prilosec, etc) cause anxiety for me, and were likely part of the root cause of all this. PPIs are not commonly known to cause anxiety, though they have been observed to have done so in less than 1% of patients. Lucky me.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

I have no desrire to do any of that shit, even in micro amounts.

If I were desperate (for example, stuck how I was feeling in early Sept), then I would start considering weird alternatives like this, but at this point I'm not fucking around with anything.

Keep in mind that I also have to be careful not to take anything which could possibly bring it all back to high levels. I noticed that PPIs (Nexium, Prilosec, etc) cause anxiety for me, and were likely part of the root cause of all this. PPIs are not commonly known to cause anxiety, though they have been observed to have done so in less than 1% of patients. Lucky me.
    Are you getting regular exercise again? I remember that you used to do some hiking in the hills near your home, like the time you had to get help from a “nice Asian boy” who was dead broke to retrieve your hilltop-downed drone.

Load Metric
    Sooooo I'm guessing a BJ is no longer even desired since it brings no joy. Have you noticed your gf is seemingly happier?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldTrumpsHairPiece View Post
    Sooooo I'm guessing a BJ is no longer even desired since it brings no joy. Have you noticed your gf is seemingly happier?
    During that month, a BJ wouldn't have given me any pleasure. You're right.

However, as I said, I got over this issue in late September (along with most of the depression), and then I began the long process of bringing the anxiety down, which didn't decrease as abruptly.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldTrumpsHairPiece View Post
    During that month, a BJ wouldn't have given me any pleasure. You're right.

However, as I said, I got over this issue in late September (along with most of the depression), and then I began the long process of bringing the anxiety down, which didn't decrease as abruptly.
    Glad to hear this Druff.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BUMP

While this thread was dated August 20, 2018, the actual problem started exactly a year ago today -- August 16, 2018.

It's a date I'll never forget.

Today the LPR isn't gone, but I can manage it.

The anxiety is 90% gone. The depression is 98% gone. The anhedonia (inability to feel anything positive) is 100% gone.

The anxiety was about 98% gone a few weeks ago, but I've had a setback in recent weeks for unknown reasons. However, I can live with it if it doesn't get any worse than this.

Tonight there will be a $200 freeroll during the radio show, using my own Jew $, to celebrate the fact that I am able to live normally again, and that I was able to successfully travel across the country with no problem -- something I thought would be impossible for the rest of my life.

I was totally fine during the WSOP, and none of these issues hindered my play at all, even during the stress of two deep runs (one being the Main).

Comments

GambleBotsChafedPenis: Opening Up The Jew Wallet/Good To Hear All Is Well Rep

Load Metric
    was this the one where todge ate 3 dinners and got anxiety or was that a different thread that went 40 pages

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    was this the one where todge ate 3 dinners and got anxiety or was that a different thread that went 40 pages
    You're thinking of the one meal three bills thread

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric

Thank you for the Freeroll. I am Glad you doing better....my mom in hospice. i just got home in time to chill. listen to some radio and do what i gotta do baby.we all do..stay vigilant..thanks for the show Yid kid...hahaha very generous..Ny Mk

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    have u considered megadosing psychedelics?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeshine box View Post
    Thank you for the Freeroll. I am Glad you doing better....my mom in hospice. i just got home in time to chill. listen to some radio and do what i gotta do baby.we all do..stay vigilant..thanks for the show Yid kid...hahaha very generous..Ny Mk
    Sorry about your mom. Glad the show could help take your mind off of it.

Was glad to see you were healthy enough to deal at the WSOP. Too bad you gave that set of 3s to Ensan instead of me!

Thread Information