Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: I have a medical condition which will be tough to treat, and it means the end of radio (for now)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I have a debilitating condition which is difficult to successfully treat, and in many cases the possible cure is worse than the malady (and often fails). If I cannot find a way to successfully treat it, then it will never get better (and in fact might get worse).

The condition itself is not life-threatening, but it is life-altering and I'm basically miserable every day (though some more than others).

Yesterday I dealt with 8 hours of hell from 2pm-10pm, before things finally moderated (it goes back and forth between moderate, bad, and terrible.)

I've lost 17 pounds since this all started, though my weight seems to have stabilized for the past few days.

Sleeping is incredibly difficult to do, and taking sleep medication just makes it worse.

It's amazing to think that, just 3 weeks ago, I was feeling fine.
    Your anxiety is most likely at a all time high now thinking about what is wrong with u.

For a good nights sleep Take 4 Benadryl.

Load Metric
    The original Lupus

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Not Lupus.

I'm not stating the diagnosis out here for my own reasons.

badguy, I can't take any sleep aid or it just makes things worse. I get more tired, but can't fall asleep, which is like the worst thing ever.

Load Metric
    Druff it occurred to me today that you should be checked for Lyme disease. I remember you got bit by something a while back on one of your outings and you thought it was weird looking? Just a thought. Speedy Recovery vibes coming your way.

Load Metric
    If it's non life threatening yet debilitating one can only conclude possibly it's embarrassing. It doesn't matter really what it is. If the gambling and poker was making it worse then by all means quit as you stated .

Although I joke with you about being a hypochondriac that does not mean I think your embellishing whatever the ailments are. Laughter is the best medicine . I usually laugh at your common colds.

Load Metric
    Not Lupus.

I'm not stating the diagnosis out here for my own reasons.

badguy, I can't take any sleep aid or it just makes things worse. I get more tired, but can't fall asleep, which is like the worst thing ever.

Get some xanex. I don't care what the problem is that stuff will knock you out. Trazedone if you want a non narcotic . That stuff for me 25 milligrams and a cookie I'm out in ten minutes. Is it pain keeping you awake ? Just throw down like 3000 milligrams of Percocet. Sleep will come . You might drool or nod like a heroin addict but I have to imagine no sleep is not healthy.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I've done a little better with the sleep, except for Tuesday night which was fucking torture, but I think that was meds-related.

I do have some Xanax and Ativan, but I have only taken 1 low dose Xanax pill and no Ativan yet. That shit scares me.

Load Metric
    I've done a little better with the sleep, except for Tuesday night which was fucking torture, but I think that was meds-related.

I do have some Xanax and Ativan, but I have only taken 1 low dose Xanax pill and no Ativan yet. That shit scares me.

You can safely take 2-3 milligrams of xanex to calm yourself down and relax especially if your having insomnia. Adivan while in pill form about the same dosage maybe 1.5 or 2 milligrams.

Nothing truly to be afraid of if you're not mixing the benzoes with alcohol

Comments

LegalizeMeth: this guy's never done drugs in his life, should start with .5 mg max

Load Metric

as it should.
    Hope you get well soon druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Ativan and the like are godsends for someone unable to sleep.

There is nothing to fear from them unless you take them like candy and are suddenly without.

I've taken them for years with and without alcohol. Only naive school children get themselves into

physical trouble.

Load Metric

^^ This. I take them both to slow my mind and help with sleep periodically. Nothing to be afraid of. In fact, you should embrace it. This is solid advice.

Load Metric

I don’t know exactly what’s wrong with you, but a legitimate health issue coupled with stress is a vicious cycle. It’s when I started my twenty year benzo dependence. When you say you can’t sleep because of your condition, I don’t know if it’s because of the lump, or if right as you start to drift off, you startle awake and then can’t shut your brain down. Kind of like hearing a noise or something under normal conditions, but when under stress, it just fires off. I wouldn’t wish chronic benzo use on anyone, but you’ll never become dependent if you don’t take it around the clock for a period of time. Had I known then what I know now, I’d take it like I do a pain medication, when needed, and never three days in a row. That has always prevented me from having any dependence.

It takes an absurd amount to overdose given you don’t drink or have any other drug habits. As a stand-alone medication it’s fairly safe if used in short term and not every day. Basically just don’t drive Ben on it and you’re fine.If you feel lack of sleep wearing you down mentally and physically, don’t hesitate to take it. You need to take the equivalent of like 1mg attivan when in that state to have any true effect. I’m a control freak, so when shit starts to go sideways with your health that you can’t reason out and feels a bit out of your control, so much of improving is convincing yourself. There’s the physical part which is what it is and will run it’s course, but the stress part exacerbates it dramatically. Mentally walking yourself through this isn’t going to kill me and I’ll get through it is key. Easier said than done, and more easily done with a few hours sleep.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

I don’t know exactly what’s wrong with you, but a legitimate health issue coupled with stress is a vicious cycle. It’s when I started my twenty year benzo dependence. When you say you can’t sleep because of your condition, I don’t know if it’s because of the lump, or if right as you start to drift off, you startle awake and then can’t shut your brain down. Kind of like hearing a noise or something under normal conditions, but when under stress, it just fires off. I wouldn’t wish chronic benzo use on anyone, but you’ll never become dependent if you don’t take it around the clock for a period of time. Had I known then what I know now, I’d take it like I do a pain medication, when needed, and never three days in a row. That has always prevented me from having any dependence.

It takes an absurd amount to overdose given you don’t drink or have any other drug habits. As a stand-alone medication it’s fairly safe if used in short term and not every day. Basically just don’t drive Ben on it and you’re fine.If you feel lack of sleep wearing you down mentally and physically, don’t hesitate to take it. You need to take the equivalent of like 1mg attivan when in that state to have any true effect. I’m a control freak, so when shit starts to go sideways with your health that you can’t reason out and feels a bit out of your control, so much of improving is convincing yourself. There’s the physical part which is what it is and will run it’s course, but the stress part exacerbates it dramatically. Mentally walking yourself through this isn’t going to kill me and I’ll get through it is key. Easier said than done, and more easily done with a few hours sleep.

When you have a young kid you cannot self medicate to the point you are in an uninterrupted deep sleep. I get where you are coming from, but you never know when you need to get up instantly. Druff is going to need to tough it out without meds.

Comments

BCR: Good point. I hadn’t considered that. I kind of assumed given his condition, mom has that middle of the night shit covered until he’s better., but me assuming it doesn’t make it so

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

When you have a young kid you cannot self medicate to the point you are in an uninterrupted deep sleep. I get where you are coming from, but you never know when you need to get up instantly. Druff is going to need to tough it out without meds.
    That last bit is ridiculous. Why does he need to self medicate. You involve a professional who monitors your reaction to any prescription. Benzo's aren't anesthetics. Unless you take more than prescribed you'll wake
    just fine. And if he suffers everyday and night do you not think that would be detrimental to his son?

Comments

Gookieheimowitz: I conquer Dr .

splitthis: Which dr did u conquer? It's concur.

Load Metric
    I only suggested the Xanex for NIGHTS he can't sleep. I assumed . Mrs Druff would be home to take care of Ben's needs if they should arise. Not like his son is a toddler. Also as stated if he is only taking the Benzoes for anxiety relief and to ease his mind into a restful sleep state my experience has been that any unusual noise WILL wake a person up.

Load Metric
    Using Xanax just to sleep sounds like such a waste.

My lasting memory of taking that drug was the feeling of absolute calmness in mind, body and soul.

Could'a shit my pants walking down a busy street and zero fucks would've been given.

Get your cabinet filled Druff and go for some of that short-term gain. You will love it.

Comments

big dick: you have such a way with words. Funny motherfucker
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

That last bit is ridiculous. Why does he need to self medicate. You involve a professional who monitors your reaction to any prescription. Benzo's aren't anesthetics. Unless you take more than prescribed you'll wake
    just fine. And if he suffers everyday and night do you not think that would be detrimental to his son?
    Look pal, I know what I am talking about, ok? Just get out of this thread and stop suggesting high octane drugs. They have the real possibility to kill you. Seen in happen many of time. Look what happened to Heath Ledger, I knew him indirectly and he is dead. Ok?

Shit like this on the Internet gets people killed.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

Look pal, I know what I am talking about, ok? Just get out of this thread and stop suggesting high octane drugs. They have the real possibility to kill you. Seen in happen many of time. Look what happened to Heath Ledger, I knew him indirectly and he is dead. Ok?

Shit like this on the Internet gets people killed.
    First of all don't pal me again
    You know one thing and that's fixing or puking into a toilet bowl.
    The rest is bullshit.
    Serious subject here and you're throwing your fantasies in like they count.
    If benzo's and alcohol are natural killers I would have been dead long ago.
    Druff ain't about to start slipping himself roofies with his bourbon ya know?

Load Metric
    Xanax is probably the best drug ever created, IF TAKEN PROPERLY. I prefer mine with a 30 oz bloody mary and around 7 beers. This is god's honest truth. I have the .5's and the 1's. Usually I will cut a .5 in half but if I have a big golf tourney I will just take a 1 mg and wash it down with some Crown. Due to the possibility to become addicted to benzo's, there is a fear mongering that drug does not deserve. It isn't a scary drug. Almost impossible to OD on the thing. The problem comes when you start mixing benzo's with sleeping pills or other strong drugs. Alone, not a problem. With alcohol, not a problem. Unless you start taking 3 mg with heavy alcohol you'll be fine.

This whole thing sounds a lot like anxiety. While my father was dying, I had a fairly long period of time where I had a terrible time swallowing. Got to the point where I had issues eating any solid food at all. Still do, at times. It the silent killer that probably won't kill you and it's anxiety. A lot of people better than us have ended up in the ER with heart attack symptoms and the only problem was anxiety. Happened to me twice. I had the problem Druff is having. Again, due to anxiety. Would lay down and have to immediately get up because I couldn't breathe.

All this said, Druff knows what he has and it probably isn't anxiety. Maybe it is. I'd take a Xanax either way. I'd predict it helps more than he'd like to admit. Ativan is purely for faggots though. Take the Xanax.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    Xanax is probably the best drug ever created, IF TAKEN PROPERLY. I prefer mine with a 30 oz bloody mary and around 7 beers. This is god's honest truth. I have the .5's and the 1's. Usually I will cut a .5 in half but if I have a big golf tourney I will just take a 1 mg and wash it down with some Crown. Due to the possibility to become addicted to benzo's, there is a fear mongering that drug does not deserve. It isn't a scary drug. Almost impossible to OD on the thing. The problem comes when you start mixing benzo's with sleeping pills or other strong drugs. Alone, not a problem. With alcohol, not a problem. Unless you start taking 3 mg with heavy alcohol you'll be fine.

This whole thing sounds a lot like anxiety. While my father was dying, I had a fairly long period of time where I had a terrible time swallowing. Got to the point where I had issues eating any solid food at all. Still do, at times. It the silent killer that probably won't kill you and it's anxiety. A lot of people better than us have ended up in the ER with heart attack symptoms and the only problem was anxiety. Happened to me twice. I had the problem Druff is having. Again, due to anxiety. Would lay down and have to immediately get up because I couldn't breathe.

All this said, Druff knows what he has and it probably isn't anxiety. Maybe it is. I'd take a Xanax either way. I'd predict it helps more than he'd like to admit. Ativan is purely for faggots though. Take the Xanax.
    Pooh is god.

I have Xanax for flying internationally and MAYBE will take one after a panic attack (have about 3-4 per year), but it's the one drug I've tried that I dont really like. It's better than not being able to sleep on 10+ hour flights though.

The handful of times I took it just for fun, I would find myself almost 'blacking out' while awake and not drinking etc., like I would just snap back to consciousness during a movie or whatever.

Tread lightly with that shit.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Thread Information