Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: I have a medical condition which will be tough to treat, and it means the end of radio (for now)

Load Metric
    CBD heavy edibles are the only things I've ever experienced that can come close to diminishing anxiety like Xanax.

Like its not a fair race between them mind you because Xanax are literally like magic bullets that fix everything, but CBD edibles 100% put in work on anxiety.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    CBD heavy edibles are the only things I've ever experienced that can come close to diminishing anxiety like Xanax.
    Have you been able to identify those things that trigger your anxiety?

Load Metric
    It's really hard to feel bad for a guy who can't even be bothered to fast for eight fucking hours before a test, be it uncomfortable or not. This is a joke right? I don't care if somebody told me a day in advance. If they want eight hours I'll give them eight damn hours. This isn't two days buddy. God forbid the day you need a colonoscopy, you life will literally be over. For a guy who's so desperate to finding a cure you sure as hell don't sound very desperate. This is beginning to feel a little like you are seeking and enjoying the attention more than anything. Fuck. Embarrassing to read at this point.

Comments

Texter: Munchausen rep

Tellafriend:

Sanlmar: Pitching inside

Sheesfaced: Hate to pile on but this

FPS_Russia: Not only rude but a horrible read, wtf.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    It's really hard to feel bad for a guy who can't even be bothered to fast for eight fucking hours before a test, be it uncomfortable or not. This is a joke right? I don't care if somebody told me a day in advance. If they want eight hours I'll give them eight damn hours. This isn't two days buddy. God forbid the day you need a colonoscopy, you life will literally be over. For a guy who's so desperate to finding a cure you sure as hell don't sound very desperate. This is beginning to feel a little like you are seeking and enjoying the attention more than anything. Fuck. Embarrassing to read at this point.
    I fast 18 hours every day.

Although, I'm attractive and have stellar fitness/nutrition habits. So...

Comments

tony bagadonuts: Intermittent fasting rep

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post

Almost typed up something similar last night.

I literally had to stop reading after the fasting complaints. Incredible stuff... Like who enjoys fasting? Who doesn't get thirsty after they wake up? lolol

Personally had to fast several times before various medical tests and its always been an inconvenience. Sometimes a total ballache. But fuck me, its never even crossed my mind to even consider bailing on a medical test.

He went from "I'd pay whatever took to make this all go away"

To "Fuck going without water for 8 hours and having to lie on my back for an hour" (under medical supervision)

There are literally billions of people in the world who would give anything for the medical care that we in the West have access to. It really does make you lose sympathy.

What a precious cunt.

Comments

MrTickle: spot on

tony bagadonuts: You're actually ok when not spewing leftist nonsense.

splitthis: Precious cunt rep
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Load Metric
    Man I can't even imagine the reaction I'd get with Mrs Pooh on this one. Yeah I know you took a day off work but I'm pretty pissed off the doctor wants me to fast for eight hours and I'm going to be thirsty when I wake up so I'm just going to bail. No matter that this condition has consumed me for the past month and a half and made both our lives miserable. I'm just going to spend the day reading about it online again. I hope you're okay with that Mrs. Pooh.

Comments

tony bagadonuts: Chortle

Kuntmissioner: giving the business

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Also:

No, I won't smoke a joint. I would if I felt it would help. But THC is known to increase anxiety, which is the last thing I need right now.
    Easy there Sonny Jim, you're making declarative statements about subjects of which you're admittedly ignorant.

Sativa dominant strains do cause anxiety in some, myself included. Not always but enough for me to leave it alone.

Low THC indica is how I roll, when I roll. Super mello, helps with sleep, no anxiety and very little to no after effects in my experience.

Low THC indica is a superior alternative to Xanax for me. Not knocking Xanax as I used to take it regularly, just like, my opinion man.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post
    Also:

No, I won't smoke a joint. I would if I felt it would help. But THC is known to increase anxiety, which is the last thing I need right now.
    Easy there Sonny Jim, you're making declarative statements about subjects of which you're admittedly ignorant.

Sativa dominant strains do cause anxiety in some, myself included. Not always but enough for me to leave it alone.

Low THC indica is how I roll, when I roll. Super mello, helps with sleep, no anxiety and very little to no after effects in my experience.

Low THC indica is a superior alternative to Xanax for me. Not knocking Xanax as I used to take it regularly, just like, my opinion man.

Indica strains do wonder for anxiety
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Updates:

Couldn't do the test today. Called in the morning and found out the bad news:

- Needed to have fasted INCLUDING NO WATER for 8 hours prior to the test. Test was scheduled for 11am. GTFO. They didn't even tell me this when I scheduled it, or there's no way I would have done 11am. But in any case, even 8am would have been tough, as I always wake up super thirsty. It was miserable in the morning, until finally I gave up, cancelled the appointment, and downed 1 1/2 bottles of water.

- Test is a fucking HOUR long where I have to lie completely flat. That's pretty much a no-go for someone with both LPR and anxiety, even when on Xanax. This is especially true if it feels like I'm dying of thirst at the same time.

So I e-mailed the doctor, who is gone til Thursday, and asked for possible alternatives to this test.
    Druff, I'm sympathetic to your health issues and really would prefer to light a candle rather than curse your darkness, but I can't fucking believe what you wrote here.

Literally, not figuratively, every single person that I know has has to do something at the doctor that required fasting overnight. It ain't a barrel of monkeys but it's no big deal.

Afraid you'll be hungry and thirsty? Well no shit but you won't be THAT hungry or thirsty.

Reading this it's clear to me that a large part of your problem is between your ears. That's not a shot, I speak from experience. Please make sure you're treating the mental with vigor equal to the physical.

In the meantime get over your case of crybabyitis and get the procedure rescheduled.

Load Metric
    I think it is more if I dont know, then I dont have to deal with it thingy. Im still going with lymphoma.

Comments

sonatine: pretty much

FPS_Russia: A note to future America, don't unleash the she devil, keep em in the kitchen. #metoo fr 35 years ago
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    I think it is more if I dont know, then I dont have to deal with it thingy. Im still going with lymphoma.
    Just had a customer die from lymphoma last week. Went pretty quick.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Updates:

Couldn't do the test today. Called in the morning and found out the bad news:

- Needed to have fasted INCLUDING NO WATER for 8 hours prior to the test. Test was scheduled for 11am. GTFO. They didn't even tell me this when I scheduled it, or there's no way I would have done 11am. But in any case, even 8am would have been tough, as I always wake up super thirsty. It was miserable in the morning, until finally I gave up, cancelled the appointment, and downed 1 1/2 bottles of water.
    According to your post on 09/30 you were aware of the 11 am test time.

And as far as any Xanax side effects suck it up. No panacea any place any time

p.s yeah it's on them, they have never done this before.
    read the instructions dude. they see 20 of you a day I'm sure

Thread title says it all....."painful journey" what pain do you expect from
    losing weight. Mental pain is all you can bring and that's your problem

I told you before you're a nutter
    Last edited by limitles; 10-02-2018 at 03:19 PM.

Load Metric
    now you guys really need to stop being so mean to princess todger ok

Platinum
    Load Metric
    My mom died of colon cancer so I have had 4 colonoscopies so far....8 hours with no food or water is a cake walk.

Do the test.

Load Metric
    Also:

Yes, my Xanax next day drowsiness was real. In fact, I felt it for hours before I even realized what it was, so it wasn't psychological. I couldn't figure out why I was exhausted and super low-energy, and then remembered the next day drowsiness thing associated with Xanax. It also lessened later in the day and eventually vanished, which wouldn't make sense normally if it was just a matter of being tired that day. 0.25mg of Xanax as a new user of it feels more potent than 10mg for someone habituated to it. Xanax is very addictive, partially due to the fact that people's bodies quickly develop a tolerance, and they have to keep increasing the dosage to feel anything. Then attempting to come off of it can be extremely difficult. I am less likely to get addicted than the average person, given my brain chemistry and personality type, which doesn't seek pleasure in drugs. It is possible that my 2nd experience with 0.25mg will work a bit less and have a bit less of the next day after-effect.

I definitely don't have The AIDS. At least I can rule that out.
    With your pill a month habit you don't have to worry about tolerance in a single life time. The quick tolerance thingie with Xanax means 2-4 weeks of daily use.

Regarding the 1 hour medical test you can likely just ask for anesthesia. I had an MRI few months ago where i asked for a sedative. I got few Dormicums, 1mg of Fentanyl and a random 3rd drug intravenously. Bit of an overkill, but that's apparently fairly standard concoction for short painful procedures.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Playing online poker for a living was bound to damage your health in the long run. Sit all day, lots of stress from ups and downs, more online friends than real. You know enough professional poker players to see how the story usually plays out. Probably radio and the forum protected you somewhat from the stress because you have an outlet for whatever is in your head. But when all the doctors and tests don't solve the health issues I would try to find work in a regular 9-5 job doesn't matter what it is, just to get rid of stress and give you some kind of structure. Also exercise would help.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Those questioning the cancellation of the test can fuck right off.

Two months ago, it would have been a different story. Unpleasant (due to both the fasting and the hourlong time on my back completely flat), but doable.

Now it's virtually impossible, due to the conditions I have.

One of the most common symptoms of LPR is "globus", which is the lump sensation in the throat. In turn, globus causes a choking sensation when flat on your back. Some of it is psychological -- you get a sensation of a lump in your throat, and being on your back makes that sensation greater, hence the incorrect message that you can't breathe. But you can't just overrule your brain on that, much like you can't just overrule your brain when you feel anxious or depressed.

Telling someone with LPR that they can lie for an hour flat on their back is like telling someone with severe depression to just "smile and feel better".

So that was problem #1.

Problem #2 had to do with the fasting. I've done SEVERAL 8-hour fasts for tests since this started. I've had several blood tests and even an ultrasound in early September. The instructions: No eating, and no drink other than water for 8 hours. Easy. I can do that without the slightest difficulty.

The problem comes with the no water for 8 hours. That one is very tough for me. I've always been thirsty, dating back to when I was a young kid (I remember talking about it in second grade). Going a long time without anything to drink is extremely difficult, and that was before all of these recent problems. I can't even pull this off by sleeping most of it, as I seem to get dehydrated a lot while sleeping, and wake up with horrible dry mouth which can only be fixed by both rinsing my mouth AND drinking something. It might be hereditary, as my mom told me she has the same problem, and in fact schedules the no-water tests in the afternoon, actually finding it easier to tough out the hours while awake. For whatever reason, the LPR has caused me to feel even thirstier.

So 11am was like the worst fucking time to be scheduled, because it involved BOTH the overnight dehydration plus another few hours prior to the test while awake. (If I could just wake up and take the test immediately, I could tough out the dehydration issue.)

Also, this test had absolutely nothing to do with my LPR or my anxiety -- the two biggest problems I'm currently facing. Rather, the test was for an outside concern for a potential major health problem -- one which was likely to yield a result of nothing wrong, but with a small chance of something big being wrong. Also, this particular problem would not require immediate treatment, even if the bad diagnosis was confirmed. So cancelling this test was no big deal, as it would have no impact on the LPR, my anxiety, or the third problem being tested for.

Anyway, I am going to discuss with the doctor alternatives for this test. I only accepted the ultrasound because I thought it was a typical ultrasound like I had a month ago, when in reality it required that awful no-water fast and the similarly awful (at least for me) lying down flat on my back for an hour. None of this was described to me until I went and researched it myself, the night before the test.

For those saying, "A lot of this problem is between your ears", well yes, it is. I thought we already established that. I have generalized anxiety disorder, which started around August 20. Unfortunately, this isn't an easy thing to cure. The LPR almost surely brought it on. It is unclear if it will vanish on its own if I can beat the LPR. It may or may not.

The mind is a very powerful thing. Often what your conscious/rational self knows is immaterial if your brain is misinterpreting signals it's getting from elsewhere in your body. If you think about it, that's all your brain really is. It is interpreting a whole lot of input from other parts of your body, and reacting to it. If you don't suffer from an anxiety or depressive disorder, it is very hard to picture how one can have certain irrational feelings/reactions when the rational side of your brain is seeing otherwise.

Think of Kurt Cobain. Everything going right in his life, tons of money, tons of respect, tons of career success, and yet he shot himself dead due to severe depression. An idiot would look at him and say, "What a pussy. He had more to live for than just about anyone, and let dumb shit bother him and killed himself." But in reality, even if your life is as good as Cobain's, if your brain is telling you that you should be depressed and everything sucks, then you'll be depressed and think everything sucks.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I will look into the Indica thing.

If it really does have a good record with generalized anxiety disorder, I may actually try it.

Load Metric
    I'm not questioning your illness but what I do have a problem with is your Kurt Cobain analogy. Kurt Cobain was and had all the things you say, however he WAS a junky and had stomach issues his whole life. So to paint his picture as just someone who was depressed and killed themself, is not entirely true.

Load Metric
    I will look into the Indica thing.

If it really does have a good record with generalized anxiety disorder, I may actually try it.
    I wouldn't recommend an edible for your first experience, todd. Vape or smoke- you'll find out within ten minutes if the experience is tolerable, let alone helpful.

Not that you were considering eating. Buy if you were, dont.

Thread Information