Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: I have a medical condition which will be tough to treat, and it means the end of radio (for now)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I may actually try to contact those in charge of previous LPR studies, and give some suggestions to them.

I don't know how interested they'd be to hear from a layman such as myself, but I really think I have some good ideas on how to properly study it (or at least how to properly study some solutions to hide/lessen symptoms).

Maybe I could convince one of these researchers to get another study going.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Unfortunately, I've also received a positive blood test result for something possibly major, and it appears unrelated to the LPR stuff. It seems that the LPR problems have made me more sensitive to any other potential health issues, which has caused me to get tests I otherwise wouldn't have done. And this uncovered something -- maybe.

I am getting a special ultrasound done on Monday, which I'm driving 50 miles each way to do. That should tell me more.

At the moment, the odds are still on the side that I don't have this major condition, but I do have one indicator of it, according to the blood test. No, I don't have Super AIDS, but if I do have this particular thing, let's just say it would really, really, really suck -- far worse than LPR or anything else I have at the moment.

Comments

big dick: -( hope it comes back negative gl

smiflorida: good luck on Monday

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Unfortunately, I've also received a positive blood test result for something possibly major, and it appears unrelated to the LPR stuff. It seems that the LPR problems have made me more sensitive to any other potential health issues, which has caused me to get tests I otherwise wouldn't have done. And this uncovered something -- maybe.

I am getting a special ultrasound done on Monday, which I'm driving 50 miles each way to do. That should tell me more.

At the moment, the odds are still on the side that I don't have this major condition, but I do have one indicator of it, according to the blood test. No, I don't have Super AIDS, but if I do have this particular thing, let's just say it would really, really, really suck -- far worse than LPR or anything else I have at the moment.
    Hope it's nothing too serious and no my bro has not had his surgery yet. He goes to two more appointments this week and then surgery date.

Load Metric

Lyme?

Load Metric
    Druff, if you find that the prayer video I posted in the recent radio update thread helps you get better, could you use it as the intro music to next time you do a radio show? Here it is again for good measure:

And the full-length version, with lyrics.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    You’re way more holistic/alternative medicine than I would have ever imagined given what I knew of you. I would have just assumed you’d take the meds and run. I knew you felt they over-tested, but I thought you meant in a speculative manner rather than when you’re actually sick. It’s the most California thing about you

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Well, tomorrow I will be doing Xanax for the second time of my life.

Found out the test tomorrow is a bit more involved than I thought. Turns out I have to lie flat for the duration of it, which is very tough for someone with LPR (choking sensation comes on).

Plus having to do that will ramp up my anxiety big time, and make it even harder.

Plus I have to ingest no liquids or food (including water) beforehand, which makes the 11am time really suck.

It's 55 miles away. Gilrfriend going to drive me both ways. Will pop the Xanax about an hour beforehand. In my one experience with it, it took 45 minutes to achieve the desired effect with Xanax, which is typical. It lasted about another 2.5 hours after that before falling off a cliff and returning my anxiety.

Hopefully that will be enough to help me get through it. At least it should help, as I'm guessing the anxiety will be much less (or nonexistent).

Not looking forward to Tuesday's "next day lethargy" effect, but it might not be as bad, because I'm taking it at 10am on Monday. Last time, I woke up with extreme lethargy and fatigue, and it didn't go away until it had been almost 24 hours since I popped the pill the previous day.

Comments

Username: with all due respect, lol at “doing Xanax.” I hope things went smoothly and you’re receiving more answers than having questions.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Found out the test tomorrow is a bit more involved than I thought. Turns out I have to lie flat for the duration of it, which is very tough for someone with LPR (choking sensation comes on).

Plus having to do that will ramp up my anxiety big time, and make it even harder.

Plus I have to ingest no liquids or food (including water) beforehand, which makes the 11am time really suck.

It's 55 miles away. Gilrfriend going to drive me both ways. Will pop the Xanax about an hour beforehand. In my one experience with it, it took 45 minutes to achieve the desired effect with Xanax, which is typical. It lasted about another 2.5 hours after that before falling off a cliff and returning my anxiety.

Hopefully that will be enough to help me get through it. At least it should help, as I'm guessing the anxiety will be much less (or nonexistent).

Not looking forward to Tuesday's "next day lethargy" effect, but it might not be as bad, because I'm taking it at 10am on Monday. Last time, I woke up with extreme lethargy and fatigue, and it didn't go away until it had been almost 24 hours since I popped the pill the previous day.
    I know you're a lightweight when it comes to any man made chemical but the Xanax works because your body has a system do deal with it. We produce the chemicals Xanax provides naturally everyday. The job of anxiety relief can come from many natural sources, exercise, meditation, etc. but the pill works quickly and is in no way going to fuck you up. Next day hangovers from a small dose of Xanax are unheard of.
    You're dreaming if you think it harms your normal system.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

I know you're a lightweight when it comes to any man made chemical but the Xanax works because your body has a system do deal with it. We produce the chemicals Xanax provides naturally everyday. The job of anxiety relief can come from many natural sources, exercise, meditation, etc. but the pill works quickly and is in no way going to fuck you up. Next day hangovers from a small dose of Xanax are unheard of.
    Not true. I have the same exact experience as Druff whenever I have used Xanax. Blanket statements about drugs and their side effects are foolhardy. Different people react different ways to different drugs. You cannot acccount for someone else’s specific body chemistry.

Load Metric
    I strangely get it from melatonin. You’d never think someone who has been on benzos for 20 years would even feel melatonin, but I took it on a few occasions when I was going through a bad sleep patch and was utterly worthless the next day for the entire duration of the day. Just total lethargy.

Comments

Username: ...and I get it from Benadryl....which is why I stick to pharmaceuticals whenever possible. This is why no one should feel at liberty to knock someone until they’ve had their own experiences.

chinamaniac: Happens to me too

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post

Lyme?
    Lupus?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

With all due respect.

You are 100 percent right that with various forms of therapy , exercise or whatever he can re wire his brain and limit anxiety. But you are a seasoned veteran with chemicals. He is not. You can 100 percent get "Xanax fog" from taking as little as .25 . May not happen to you but many it does happen . The fog is 100 percent a form of withdrawal because if he takes another he will feel fine. No different than the hair of the dog.

If you drink a bottle of wine or two and have no tolerance you are going feel way more like shit the next day than someone that drinks daily. Xanax acts on the brain like alcohol does. It puts the brakes on the brain. Once it wears off, the brakes come off and most times you feel more like shit than before you took it. It has its place to get one through extremely stressful situations but long term there is probably no worse drug to be addicted to (including opiates).

With all that said, Druff is big guy so if you are going to take it go for max dose. The aftermath is going to be only vary a little and a higher dose will get you better results. . I would say .50 at least. If you are going to take it, may as well make sure you get the max benefits.
    Last edited by igotnotoe; 10-01-2018 at 12:17 PM.
    "It just goes to show the kind of person you are , I got no toe"

Load Metric
    You try smokin a joint yet?

Load Metric
    I look forward to reading how Druff had zero hangover effects from this second very small dosage of the devil pill.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Damn Druff, you're an AIDS victim and will be a pill popper, eventually.

GG, GL

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Updates:

Couldn't do the test today. Called in the morning and found out the bad news:

- Needed to have fasted INCLUDING NO WATER for 8 hours prior to the test. Test was scheduled for 11am. GTFO. They didn't even tell me this when I scheduled it, or there's no way I would have done 11am. But in any case, even 8am would have been tough, as I always wake up super thirsty. It was miserable in the morning, until finally I gave up, cancelled the appointment, and downed 1 1/2 bottles of water.

- Test is a fucking HOUR long where I have to lie completely flat. That's pretty much a no-go for someone with both LPR and anxiety, even when on Xanax. This is especially true if it feels like I'm dying of thirst at the same time.

So I e-mailed the doctor, who is gone til Thursday, and asked for possible alternatives to this test.

Since I didn't go to the test, I also didn't take any Xanax. I know some of you were waiting to see how my 2nd time would go, but you'll have to keep waiting.

On the bright side, if there is one:

Choking sensation when trying to sleep hasn't happened in a number of days. I am on a bed on an 8-inch slant, and I prop two pillows up, so that is also a factor. But I used to have to keep getting up and walk around to make the choking sensation go away, and that isn't happening now. Falling asleep has been far easier, though still not as easy as it used to be.

I previously credited with the cold for helping this. I still have remants of the cold -- occasional nasal congestion, and occasional cough, but it's mostly gone. So now I wonder if it's something else.

One thing different I've done is I started taking Mucinex (Guaifenesin) 400mg. This is 1/3 the dose of the maximum strength. It's supposed to thin mucus. Perhaps that's what's helping reduce the choking sensation? I still feel the lump in my throat, so I'm not sure. I might try upping the dose to 600 or 800, and see what happens. I was at first taking a form of Mucinex which also had a cough suppressant, but I don't really need that, and I found it was giving me more anxiety (which is a listed side effect). So I got pills instead with only Guaifenesin. Seems low risk, so why the hell not give it a shot.

I have noticed kind of a low energy sensation, where I get winded easily (where I previously didn't). However, my girlfriend, who caught this same cold, also reports that as a symptom, so perhaps it's just the end of the cold.

Weight has leveled off. Been circling around 216. Sometimes a bit more, sometimes a bit less, but seems to keep coming back to 216. Never thought I'd say this, but I'm glad I'm not losing weight anymore. I want control of the weight loss, and I feared that an extended period of weight plummeting could cause all kinds of problems, including being underweight. Was also worried that it could be indicative of a greater problem. Since it's been about 3-4 weeks of the same weight, I think that factor is pretty much out, barring another huge increase in anxiety. The weight loss itself probably isn't bad long term (unless I harmed my liver from how rapidly it happened). It's definitely healthier to be at 216 than 241, and even LPR is supposed to be improved by weight loss.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also:

No, I won't smoke a joint. I would if I felt it would help. But THC is known to increase anxiety, which is the last thing I need right now.

Yes, my Xanax next day drowsiness was real. In fact, I felt it for hours before I even realized what it was, so it wasn't psychological. I couldn't figure out why I was exhausted and super low-energy, and then remembered the next day drowsiness thing associated with Xanax. It also lessened later in the day and eventually vanished, which wouldn't make sense normally if it was just a matter of being tired that day. 0.25mg of Xanax as a new user of it feels more potent than 10mg for someone habituated to it. Xanax is very addictive, partially due to the fact that people's bodies quickly develop a tolerance, and they have to keep increasing the dosage to feel anything. Then attempting to come off of it can be extremely difficult. I am less likely to get addicted than the average person, given my brain chemistry and personality type, which doesn't seek pleasure in drugs. It is possible that my 2nd experience with 0.25mg will work a bit less and have a bit less of the next day after-effect.

I definitely don't have The AIDS. At least I can rule that out.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    You can get your prostate checked with a simple finger up the butt, you don’t need a long ultrasound.

When is OSAs next Vegas adventure....although he probably will use something other than a finger.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Bro, I'm not trying to make a funny but have you ever checked Master Dr. Scalir?

LOLOLOLOL

You're dying. Give me sole possession of this place - I asked first. I won't neglect. I promise to post a tri-monthly.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also:

No, I won't smoke a joint. I would if I felt it would help. But THC is known to increase anxiety, which is the last thing I need right now.

Not all strains of Marijuana increase anxiety, that is a myth, there are some which are supposed to help anxiety

Thread Information