Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stand Your Ground Florida Shooter Arrested and Charged

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RS_ View Post
    LOL @ her saying she has the right to park wherever she wants to park. No......no, you don't.

So the woman is getting out of her car while Drejka gets blindsided and knocked to the ground. Idk about you, but if I get attacked out of nowhere, I'm not going to be thinking the guy is going to help me up and offer me a candy bar or some shit. I see the guy might be reaching for a gun in that case....I very well may pull the trigger, too. It takes almost no time to pull a gun and shoot someone, or even jump on top of him and start beating the shit out of someone. Not to mention the woman got out of the car, which happening right when he got knocked over, would be seen as a sign of aggression, like he's about to get jumped.

It's not like you're playing chess and have all the time in the world to make a decision. A split second could be the difference between you dying or surviving. As the Ancient Hawaiians used to say, "It doesn't matter if you made the right decision, if you're dead."

I bet that woman isn't going to be parking in handicapped spots anytime soon.
    100%

I was posting this but I was sidetracked then logged out.. it was in a response to the guy saying something about a 'pussy with a gun' or whatever.

Shooter didn't start it with the dude. He was berating a woman who was inside her car (who still maintains she has a right to park in a handicapped parking spot), This woman then gets out of the car. Whatever, but she at that point escalated it. Then dude comes out and shoves berating guy so hard he is knocked down. Sucks for dead guy, but hopefully your wife or whatever learned a lesson that day. I'm a liberal, so I give these urban types the benefit of the doubt, but once they show to be savages, then all bets are off. Violent types need to be shot dead before they get more violent. One can argue however they want, but once you start getting violent, there should be no expectation that your violence is not met with greater violence to assure safety. This is what a civil armed society is about.

Seriously I'm a liberal, and the replies in this are pathetic. It isn't that the guy deserved to die at all, it is that the guy who shot him owes him 0 chance to find out whether guy is winding up for a kick to his skull or whatever. I'm not a trained fighter, I wouldn't know either. But I am a decent shot with a handgun. Once a person behaves in such a manner and the threat needs to be removed, you WILL find a sympathetic jury in the states where these laws exist.

Load Metric
    when young hoser the catfish has to say hes a liberal twice you know its real

Gold
    Load Metric

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    Good catch. Thank you for reading so closely.

The other thing is no one mentioned, after the shove, the guy is pulling his pants up and advancing on the guy. Sure he backs up once he sees a gun but too late.

Not sure if informing a black woman that she is parked in a handicap spot is 'looking for trouble'. Sounds like a good citizen to me.
    Last edited by donkdowndonedied; 08-14-2018 at 06:42 PM.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by donkdowndonedied View Post

The other thing is no one mentioned, after the shove, the guy is pulling his pants up and advancing on the guy. Sure he backs up once he sees a gun but too late.

Not sure if informing a black woman that she is parked in a handicap spot is 'looking for trouble'. Sounds like a good citizen to me.
    It seems likely we have a pattern.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/14/us/fl...nts/index.html

A truck driver parked in a handicapped-accessible spot

About three months ago, Richard Kelly told a Pinellas County Sheriff's Office detective he was confronted by Drejka at Circle A Food Store, the same store where he shot McGlockton. Drejka, documents said, was upset because Kelly parked in a handicapped-accessible spot. The exchange between the two became very loud and Kelly said at some point during the argument Drejka told him he was going to shoot him, documents said.

Drejka then went to his car and was rummaging around the center console, but documents said Kelly drove away. Drejka, Kelly said, also threw racial slurs at him. Kelly is black and Drejka is white.

Court documents said Drejka wanted to voice his complaint to Kelly's employer, AA Cut-Rate Septic Tank Service, so he spoke to the owner, John Tyler. Drejka told the business owner he was lucky he didn't blow his employee's head off, documents said.

A woman drove too slow through a school zone

On December 12, 2012, a woman told a Largo Police Department officer that a man driving a black Toyota truck, later identified as Drejka, pointed a gun at her and the passengers in the vehicle.

The woman pointed out the truck to the officer. The officer spoke with Drejka, documents said, and he told the officer the woman was driving too slow through a school zone.

Drejka denied pointing a gun at the occupants of the car, documents said, but he did have a gun in his vehicle. Drejka told the officer, according to police reports, that he honked at the people in the other car, and the people in that car made rude hand gestures at him.

A teen didn't drive through a yellow light

On January 10, 2012, Tyler Smith, 18, was driving with a friend when a traffic light turned yellow. Smith decided not to drive through the light and stopped his vehicle.

A truck, driven by Drejka, was behind Smith. Drejka honked his horn, documents said, and yelled at Smith. Drejka held a black handgun out the driver's side window of his vehicle and motioned for Smith to walk back to his truck, documents said. Drejka then followed the teen's vehicle, passed it and slammed on his brakes, according to police reports.

The teen did not press charges, documents said.

When officers confronted Drejka about the incident, he said the teen's car cut him off, the police report said. He said he neither followed the teen's car nor did he show his gun, but did admit to having one in his vehicle.

The 'brake-checking' incident

Drejka was driving his truck down US Route 19 Alternate in Pinellas County on November 13, 2013, when a woman turned onto the route, pulling into the center lane so that Drejka could pass, according to a police report. She then pulled out behind Drejka.

Drejka would later tell a state trooper that he felt the woman, who had her 4- and 7-year-old children in the car, almost hit him when she pulled into the center lane, the police report said. He began hitting his brakes "in an aggressive manner," closing the distance between him and the woman, the report said.

As she got closer, he again slammed his brakes aggressively and the woman rear-ended him
    , the report said. Drejka told police he was trying to turn into a store but missed the turn, the report said.

But he also acknowledged being upset with the woman, according to the report, and said he was "brake checking," a term for when you hit the brakes because another driver is riding your tail.

"Based on my training and experience and the damage to both vehicles, (Drejka) did not attempt to turn prior to the crash," the trooper wrote in the report, which said Drejka was cited for stopping or sudden decrease in speed without signaling.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Truly, an angry fuckstick who should have been arrested for making terroristic threats, which are felonies. Then he would have lost his CCW privilege pronto, and likely forever!

Neverheeb: man when prosecution brings these incidents to the table, Drejka is fucked

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

About three months ago, Richard Kelly told a Pinellas County Sheriff's Office detective he was confronted by Drejka at Circle A Food Store, the same store where he shot McGlockton. Drejka, documents said, was upset because Kelly parked in a handicapped-accessible spot. The exchange between the two became very loud and Kelly said at some point during the argument Drejka told him he was going to shoot him, documents said.

Drejka then went to his car and was rummaging around the center console, but documents said Kelly drove away. Drejka, Kelly said, also threw racial slurs at him. Kelly is black and Drejka is white.

Court documents said Drejka wanted to voice his complaint to Kelly's employer, AA Cut-Rate Septic Tank Service, so he spoke to the owner, John Tyler. Drejka told the business owner he was lucky he didn't blow his employee's head off, documents said.

On December 12, 2012, a woman told a Largo Police Department officer that a man driving a black Toyota truck, later identified as Drejka, pointed a gun at her and the passengers in the vehicle.

The woman pointed out the truck to the officer. The officer spoke with Drejka, documents said, and he told the officer the woman was driving too slow through a school zone.

Drejka denied pointing a gun at the occupants of the car, documents said, but he did have a gun in his vehicle. Drejka told the officer, according to police reports, that he honked at the people in the other car, and the people in that car made rude hand gestures at him.

On January 10, 2012, Tyler Smith, 18, was driving with a friend when a traffic light turned yellow. Smith decided not to drive through the light and stopped his vehicle.

A truck, driven by Drejka, was behind Smith. Drejka honked his horn, documents said, and yelled at Smith. Drejka held a black handgun out the driver's side window of his vehicle and motioned for Smith to walk back to his truck, documents said. Drejka then followed the teen's vehicle, passed it and slammed on his brakes, according to police reports.

When officers confronted Drejka about the incident, he said the teen's car cut him off, the police report said. He said he neither followed the teen's car nor did he show his gun, but did admit to having one in his vehicle.

Drejka was driving his truck down US Route 19 Alternate in Pinellas County on November 13, 2013, when a woman turned onto the route, pulling into the center lane so that Drejka could pass, according to a police report. She then pulled out behind Drejka.

Drejka would later tell a state trooper that he felt the woman, who had her 4- and 7-year-old children in the car, almost hit him when she pulled into the center lane, the police report said. He began hitting his brakes "in an aggressive manner," closing the distance between him and the woman, the report said.

As she got closer, he again slammed his brakes aggressively and the woman rear-ended him
    , the report said. Drejka told police he was trying to turn into a store but missed the turn, the report said.

But he also acknowledged being upset with the woman, according to the report, and said he was "brake checking," a term for when you hit the brakes because another driver is riding your tail.

"Based on my training and experience and the damage to both vehicles, (Drejka) did not attempt to turn prior to the crash," the trooper wrote in the report, which said Drejka was cited for stopping or sudden decrease in speed without signaling.

Yeah. I think it is pretty clear this guy was intentionally putting himself in situations where someone would assault him and he would get an excuse to shoot someone, and it eventually happened. How this effects the actual case as it will play out at trial, I don't know.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post

Yeah. I think it is pretty clear this guy was intentionally putting himself in situations where someone would assault him and he would get an excuse to shoot someone, and it eventually happened. How this effects the actual case as it will play out at trial, I don't know.
    Seems like this guy should have been arrested some time before.

It doesn't help his case, but looking at the video it is what it is. He is berating woman, woman gets out of car. Escalation #1. Guy then jumps shooter and knocks him to ground. Escalation #2. Now instead of standing where he pushed him, victim starts adjusting his pants or something and walks towards the guy he had just knocked down. Escalation #3.

We can argue about him bitching at her for parking. Everyone has their opinions and the woman even thinks she was totally fine parking there. IMO, learn to behave better. I see many areas where the "victims" could have behaved better. More-so than the Drejka guy. Drejka escalated it to the point where it couldn't be escalated any further, but well, look at what happened and think of how a good defense attorney will paint this. They're not getting a jury full of lazy blacks. They're arresting the guy even though they won't be able to prosecute him, simply because of the politics involved. He might plead to something minor that involves no jail time, but I would expect him to fight it and 98% chance he'll beat the case.

Also, I am not an attorney but all of the above is not likely to be admissable to this case. So while a jury should be able to know about hte guys history, in reality I don't they will but may very well be wrong.

Load Metric

That's what we call a pattern of irrational behavior.. AKA typical Redneck Trailer Park Trash from Florida attitude.. Racist as fuck obviously and has to make up for his shortcomings in his groin with a big redneck truck and a handgun.. Youd have thought they would've made notes on this clown going along and stop buying the "Officer I didn't brandish my gun" bullshit which is still a felony in most states (those that aren't classify it as misconduct with a weapon which is a top end Misdomenor) At minimum he had enough of a pattern to have his CCW yanked until proven he could be a responsible individual.. My Uncle used to teach CCW classes and hes an ex cop from Tampa.. Believe me he said outright this clown should've had his permit pulled long before this shooting happened if this laundry list of accusations is true.. One person might lie but not a bunch of unrelated strangers at different times..

Comments

tony bagadonuts: Pulled permit rep

GrenadaRoger: agreed, he gives gun owners a bad name

duped_samaritan: yes

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post

It doesn't help his case, but looking at the video it is what it is. He is berating woman, woman gets out of car. Escalation #1. Guy then jumps shooter and knocks him to ground. Escalation #2. Now instead of standing where he pushed him, victim starts adjusting his pants or something and walks towards the guy he had just knocked down. Escalation #3.

We can argue about him bitching at her for parking. Everyone has their opinions and the woman even thinks she was totally fine parking there. IMO, learn to behave better. I see many areas where the "victims" could have behaved better. More-so than the Drejka guy. Drejka escalated it to the point where it couldn't be escalated any further, but well, look at what happened and think of how a good defense attorney will paint this. They're not getting a jury full of lazy blacks. They're arresting the guy even though they won't be able to prosecute him, simply because of the politics involved. He might plead to something minor that involves no jail time, but I would expect him to fight it and 98% chance he'll beat the case.

Also, I am not an attorney but all of the above is not likely to be admissable to this case. So while a jury should be able to know about hte guys history, in reality I don't they will but may very well be wrong.
    Good. He should spend every last $.01 he has trying to keep himself out of jail, where he deserves to be.

Perhaps the woman had a temporary placard AND did have a right to be there?

Not like this guy bothered to find out before trying to play pretend police officer / neighborhood watch just like George Zimmerman, who has a very similar pattern pulling guns on people after road rage incidents.

You would have to be a gullible dolt to believe that all these run ins this guy had just happened organically, or were all the result of the other party.

Fuck it, fry his ass, shooting a father in front of his kids AFTER starting a fight with the mother over a god damn parking spot is indefensible.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    After reading these reports from other incidents, it's clear that this guy is a complete asshole who constantly uses his gun to threaten/scare other people who annoy him.

I've lost any bit of sympathy I had for him.

Fuck him. Let him fry.

Comments

tony bagadonuts: Druff but fair

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by v12cl View Post

Good. He should spend every last $.01 he has trying to keep himself out of jail, where he deserves to be.

Perhaps the woman had a temporary placard AND did have a right to be there?

Not like this guy bothered to find out before trying to play pretend police officer / neighborhood watch just like George Zimmerman, who has a very similar pattern pulling guns on people after road rage incidents.

You would have to be a gullible dolt to believe that all these run ins this guy had just happened organically, or were all the result of the other party.

Fuck it, fry his ass, shooting a father in front of his kids AFTER starting a fight with the mother over a god damn parking spot is indefensible.
    Perhaps she had a temporary placard but absolutely nothing suggests this and I'd guess he'd went along his way if she had such a thing. Probably not likely but perhaps in your alternative version of things. I would expect the media to point out how she was handicapped. Right?

I'm not sure he "started a fight". The kids were irrelevant. The father shouldn't have jumped the guy. You don't get a pass at thuggin' because you have kids with you.

Be a victim.

It is obvious this guy is worthless, but nothing has shown this couple to be any better in the video. He trolled a thug and his wife, got what he wanted, won the battle but perhaps not the war.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    After reading these reports from other incidents, it's clear that this guy is a complete asshole who constantly uses his gun to threaten/scare other people who annoy him.

Fuck him. Let him fry.
    Didn't read any of the other reports yet but you are missing the point here with this awful post, The law is the law, In the state of Florida no law was broken in this case, Was mike a trouble making dirt bag? Maybe who cares, Did this guy deserve to get killed, NO of course not, Is the law to loose? Yes of course it is, Don't change the facts here. The officials in clearwater look like fools here, Say in news conference no crime was committed, Then when a million blacks put heat on them they change their mind, Bull shit, Laws don't work this way. Oh ya BTW he will walk on these charges

Comments

MumblesBadly: The law was broken, retard! SYG doesn’t apply to asshole in this case!
    -Allergic to the struggle

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4BET View Post

Fuck him. Let him fry.
    Didn't read any of the other reports yet but you are missing the point here with this awful post, The law is the law, In the state of Florida no law was broken in this case, Was mike a trouble making dirt bag? Maybe who cares, Did this guy deserve to get killed, NO of course not, Is the law to loose? Yes of course it is, Don't change the facts here. The officials in clearwater look like fools here, Say in news conference no crime was committed, Then when a million blacks put heat on them they change their mind, Bull shit, Laws don't work this way. Oh ya BTW he will walk on these charges
    Here is the statute in Florida, you can decide for yourselves.

776.012 Use or threatened use of force in defense of person.

(2) A person is justified in using or threatening to use deadly force if he or she reasonably believes that using or threatening to use such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony. A person who uses or threatens to use deadly force in accordance with this subsection does not have a duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground if the person using or threatening to use the deadly force is not engaged in a criminal activity and is in a place where he or she has a right to be.

Load Metric

that is a strong indicator that additional attack is about to happen...movement towards plus any movement of the hands (in particular) usually precedes attack--it's instinctive

drawing was justified imho...shooting, well not so clear

from the background info, it appears the shooter is a hothead filled with artificial courage a handgun provides

Comments

4BET: 100% agree
    Last edited by GrenadaRoger; 08-15-2018 at 06:06 PM.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric

(2) A person is justified in using or threatening to use deadly force if he or she reasonably believes that using or threatening to use such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony. A person who uses or threatens to use deadly force in accordance with this subsection does not have a duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground if the person using or threatening to use the deadly force is not engaged in a criminal activity and is in a place where he or she has a right to be.
    I think its pretty clear here, This fails under SYG, Did you watch video closely? Watch interview with sheriff, He walks though the reason this is not a crime in Florida,After he shoves him to the ground he pulls up his shorts and moves in closer, At this point I believe its reasonable for shooter to be in fear of great bodily harm.To be clear I don't even agree with this law, I believe its to loose, People can ride a gray line and kill people for no real reason, I think when the gun was pulled guy starting backing away no need to shoot and take this guys life over something so dumb, I am just saying you cant change the law because of threat of protest, Riots whatever
    -Allergic to the struggle

Load Metric
    Lock that asshole up

Load Metric
    One inconsiderate hothead asshole bully dead.

One hothead knucklehead asshole gun owner probably headed to prison.

One selfish and inconsiderate asshole woman now on the dating market.

Just another day in Florida.

Comments

big dick: v v accurate

Load Metric

Fuck him. Let him fry.

Sadly Florida retired Old Sparky not long after they fried Bundy at Raiford State Penitentiary.... So like nearly every other state the death penalty amounts to what we do for animals when they get old and miserable (and occasionally for the violent dog which has bitten 2x). Personally Im interested to see this grand experiment utilizing a 21st Century take on the Gas Chamber , in which they plan to utilize pure nitrogen gas, instead of cyanide which can be brutal for the witnesses to watch plus extended decontamination of the chamber before it can be opened and special handling to avoid poisoning anybody removing him and even when the prisoner is taken away unless they just dump him in a hole on the prison grounds.. There was a case where an inmate was executed and sent to the mortician who nearly was killed himself from secondary cyanide exposure while embalming the dead guy..

Technically the Nitrogen gas chamber should be basically easy and non-toxic to outside parties.. Individual should passout and then die from hypoxia or possible a nitrogen embolism (what divers can suffer if they are deep diving and surface too quickly)

Load Metric

Hate the way the law is worded to say the least.. If this guy gets himself a damn good lawyer he may actually walk with the argument since he had already been attacked physically once by the victim he feared potential great bodily harm to himself in fact and one could potentially argue the point the imminent commission of a forcible felony could also exist as the potential for an aggravated battery existed.. If he ends up with a public defender no chance he walks my fear is somebody from the FL State Chapter of the NRA is going to think this is some idiotic morale crusade (that being said I generally support the NRA and the valuable training they do for actual legit gun safety training for hunters and CCW classes alike).

To explain the idiotic morale crusade argument it would be like the ACLU defending a card carrying member of NAMBLA in an attempted pedophilia case r/t a Chris Hansen expose with perverted justice and claiming the pedo was setup and entrapped by the cops because a UC trolled him into coming to a sting operation.. (with the Pedophile knowing full well the UC was claiming to be 13 on repeated occasions online)

Load Metric
    This is old news, but Fuck Yes,

Anyone who thinks this guy didn't commit murder, get your head examined. You should not be killed for pushing a guy that started the shit in the 1st place.
    Who died and left him in charge of patrolling parking spots?

Stand your ground, more like kill a black guy if you feel like it. I'd like to see how many of these cases worked for a black guy killing a white guy.

A 12 man jury spoke, so that moron, (& obv racist) cop that let him go home, should lose his job
    Obv everyone has some bias, but a guy that can't put those aside for something like this, has no business policing a community,

'Stand your ground' killer Michael Drejka sentenced to 20 years in slaying over parking space

https://abcnews.go.com/US/stand-grou...ry?id=66182264

Comments

MumblesBadly: Well said.
    San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Thread Information