Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Templar scammer updates

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTIFIEDhomicide View Post
    Why don't you also ask him who he owes money to in total, and how much?? See if he actually fesses up to all of his debts.
    He'd probably claim some sort of amnesia or mindfog from the pills and such.

In fairness, the radio show agreed till the end of thursday so he has a few hours to make good.
    When faced with a difficult decision, ask yourself "What would Micon do?", then do the opposite.

PFA Rookie of the Year Awards
    2012: The Templar (unknown)
    2013: Jasep $5000+
    2015: Micon's gofundme legal defense $3k begging for 100k:
    2018: 4Dragons
    2019: Dutch Boyd: Mike Postle
    2020: Covid19
    2021: SMIFlorida and some sort of shit coins for $50k
    2022: BDubs leaks chums club info
    2023: 22nd Feb 4th Dec Youtube channels removed
    2024: Dustin Morgan wins Chrissy's $1000 contest

Load Metric
    Who's poor enough not to have a few hundred in a bank account at all times?

I'm not being pejorative but fuck.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    Who's poor enough not to have a few hundred in a bank account at all times?

I'm not being pejorative but fuck.
    Quite a few poker players probably differentiate between bill paying money and bankroll money.
    When faced with a difficult decision, ask yourself "What would Micon do?", then do the opposite.

PFA Rookie of the Year Awards
    2012: The Templar (unknown)
    2013: Jasep $5000+
    2015: Micon's gofundme legal defense $3k begging for 100k:
    2018: 4Dragons
    2019: Dutch Boyd: Mike Postle
    2020: Covid19
    2021: SMIFlorida and some sort of shit coins for $50k
    2022: BDubs leaks chums club info
    2023: 22nd Feb 4th Dec Youtube channels removed
    2024: Dustin Morgan wins Chrissy's $1000 contest

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    One thing is certain, and that is Templar is pretty loose on language. I'm permanently blind as opposed to I'm temporary blind with a good chance to regain my vision is a pretty big distinction. My mother died as opposed to my godmother died is even a bigger distinction.
    I'll lay off the stroke and blindness for now, but the mom/godmother thing is a joke.
    That isn't even in the same ball park.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    I think shadyJ should be banned for being a scammer-magnet. Go attract scammers elsewhere, dude.

Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    Crowe Diddly has just move up in the ROY standings

Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Charham View Post

well he answers the phone, so I would do a call segement each week on the radio show. But, all of this paypall loading, etc. may be too much of a pain in the ass for him if his mind is scrambled. I have an idea, call him on the show and see if he will let you talk to his brother. He mentioned his brother I think was going to help him "load" paypall. Brother may rather send a check than dealing with paypall "loading". long shot, but what the hey.
    There are two ways to load paypal if the bank account attached to your PP doesn't have sufficient funds...

#1: Stop into CVS and grab a Greendot moneypack... this process takes 2 minutes and funds are available instantly

#2: Stop at the bank and deposit enough cash to bring your account above whatever amount, if your account is verified the funds are available instantly and this process also takes two minutes....

If you have any single person in life who will do you a quick solid, and you have the energy to answer a radio call and browse a forum, than you no doubt have the energy to make a call asking if someone will run to CVS for you and I cannot imagine anyone... Brother, cousin, buddy, whatever, not saying yes to someone bed ridden after just having a stroke when he asks for a quick favor

Sometimes it is a pain in the ass to do it, and sometimes its just super inconvenient to make either of those stops, but at some point you have to inconvenience yourself to square up after making promises etc.

well it depends if his intentions are to pay back or not or maybe he hasn't decided yet but if he does pay back he could still be a valuable member of the PFA community although he will have to sport the scammatar
    ( i hope you read this Templar)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Load Metric

Explain por favor
    ShadyJ was very quick to call Templar in to question over however much the resume work he did. If Templar didn't ship him back right away it would be safe to assume that ShadyJ would be a vocal thorn in his side and it is much better to ship him 20 to go away for a short time... However, if he doesn't ship to someone calm, cool and collected like Tony than the length of time between your suspicion to your taking action would be drastically longer than ShadyJ since he was recently scammed on 2p2 and has a (rightful) hair trigger when it comes to posting about potentially getting fucked.

Just a guess like I said..
    I started a thread to see if anyone heard from him, because I was in contact with him literally anytime I needed to prior. I could care less about $20. I would never have even brought it up, but then I remembered the bap which for some reason I thought was for $500, as I only had $25 in it I didn't really look at it closely. I was leery of him from the jump. He wanted me to play on a merge skin that you can deposit and withdraw with paypal, but he wanted me to keep it quiet. The first thing I think is If my buddy owned a merge skin and I'm making something off of people signing up then I'd want everyone to know. For what reason would you ever want to keep that a secret? Then while I was still not outing him I got pms from people that confirmed what I already knew in my mind. The stroke thing happened and I admitted I was wrong which is still up in the air, and hoped I was wrong, but I've been around gamblers all my life I feel I know when shit aint right.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo Tomasi View Post
    ROY? LOL!

http://bracketgeek.com/pfaposters

Load Metric
    ROY? LOL!

http://bracketgeek.com/pfaposters

I cant believe i got 9th

Which one is he?

Load Metric

I cant believe i got 9th
    Yeah 9th was a first round loss
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I have made a thread specifically for 408Mike to discuss his life.

http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sho...408Mike-Thread

I have a soft spot for Mike and generally like him, but I do admit he is becoming somewhat disruptive here with the thread-hijacking. I know you're not doing it on purpose, Mike (at least I hope you're not), but please keep all of your life stories and problems over there.

Load Metric
    ***Actual Templar Stuff***

So back in May I hosted and escrowed a WSOP fantasy Draft pool... The participants were myself, kevmath, PLOL, Bootsy, Hotshot, Pikachar and Templar.

The buy-in was 20 dollars creating a prize pool of $140.00... Also, I had $50.00 left over in my account that was given to me by a sponsor of Filthy Limper Season 2 to be given away for contests, so I added that to this prize pool and kicked in an extra $10.00 myself creating a $200.00 prize pool with $150.00 going to the winner and $50.00 going to second place.

The morning of the draft Templar messaged me and said he had to go to a graduation and could not make it (this was the first of at least 5 times he told me he was going to a graduation). I told him that if it was a money issue I would put him in and he could pay me back later when he had it or the next day.

I did not get paid and this was the first time I had gotten slightly slow payed but it wasn't a big deal... I offered him to call it even if he did some prank calls for the show for me, he said he would do them for free (never did btw) and then finally during a PFA radio tournament I just said fuck it and did a last longer with him for the $20, he won the last longer.

Anyway... last week I verified all the numbers in the draft and Templar finished 1st and Pikachar finished 2nd. I squared up with Pikachar that day. I emailed Druff awhile ago to let him know that Templar was going to finish in the money and I would send it to Druff instead just to put it towards the people who are out money from the whole fiasco.

My intention was to wait past the promise-to-pay dates from Templar from radio just to confirm he would not be making good on his word (I offered to bet anyone in chat $500 that he would not pay by those dates).

Despite answering his phone, texting Brandon and lurking the site Templar has made zero effort to pay off his debts here or even an effort to send a quick text, PM, email to anyone saying why he wouldn't be paying on those dates. It is pretty clear here what is happening and anyone not blinded by sympathy or being a sucker knows it.

Last night I PM'd Druff just to confirm that Templar made 0.0 attempt at making good since he promised next day / Thursday on radio...

So I sent Druff $150.00 for the WSOP fantasy pool, the pool I ran and escrowed has now been paid out 100% and the $150.00 sent to Druff from it is to be added to whatever other money he recoups and distributed among the site members that Templar got.

Also, there was another really, really odd situation that I found myself in. Me and Templar made a separate $100.00 bet on our two individual teams that had nothing to do with the pool or PFA. This bet was made before all the slow pay issues I had and then all of the issues that I was witness to or heard about later. Just to be clear I was never out of contention to win this bet, even as of Day 4 of the main event I still could have won the bet. I was a dog to win but never out of it. I felt like I was 100% being free rolled on the bet when Templar disappeared. I still believe he was planning on using the money if he won these to bets to square his other stuff so as not to appear to look like he robbed anyone. I asked just about everyone I know in gambling about the situation, including a half dozen very smart gamblers from this board. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM said I was under no obligation to pay the bet and that I can cancel the bet because I know that I am 100% being free rolled and because of who the bet was against. Druff gave me the most logical course of action, post a thread requesting that we both escrow money in 48 hours or the bet is cancelled. I looked at it like if I cancelled the bet or if I requested a 48 hour response from someone who I know won't respond than it will appear that I am trying to get out of the bet and using these circumstances as an easy out. I feel at the time of my asking for advice I was somewhere around a 3-1 to 5-1 dog in the bet. Also, one of the victims in the Templar situation is someone I consider a friend. So instead of canceling the bet I decided that I would send my loss to Tony Bagadonuts to recoup his investment in the scam BAP.

This does not say that Hockey Guy, ShadyJ, Weiss, etc don't deserve to get paid as well, obv they do and with Tony holding one of the biggest chunks owed there will be a much deeper breakdown for everyone involved now that Tony is no longer owed anything. I didn't feel right not paying off the side bet at all, even though that's the way everyone told me to handle it.

I think with whatever Druff has now including the pools $150 he is pretty close to getting the BAP and league money squared up, but I am not 100% sure what he has and what is owed.

I just want it to be very clear to everyone that even though some of Templar's debts are now being marked as paid he in no way made any effort to ever handle the situation himself at all.

Load Metric
    I have to say I gained alot of respect for Jasep for the way hes handled this whole situation. Way too much shit just didn't add up with the Templar, and I knew it. He grew up with Shaun Deeb maybe he can borrow some funds from him.

Load Metric

Banned
    Load Metric
    Templar must have a huge family because during our chats I must have been told around 3 or 4 times he had to go to a graduation.

Rofl

Jasep basically did the right thing here, although I'm not sure about the tony b payment. It's not bad but it's like point in any direction and someone is owed money by temps.

Mazel tov

Load Metric
    fair play jasep thats very good of you considering you were never getting paid if you won the bet.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post
    I have to say I gained alot of respect for Jasep for the way hes handled this whole situation. Way too much shit just didn't add up with the Templar, and I knew it. He grew up with Shaun Deeb maybe he can borrow some funds from him.

It was one of the reasons that I called Micon out on his treatment of Jasep during our business ethics debate. He is an honest, straight shooter and has been since he joined the community.

He would have been well within his right to exercise any of the options that he considered, but instead he went out of his way to help square some things and that is not only an admirable trait, and also a good example of business ethics.

Load Metric
    ***Actual Templar Stuff***Anyway... last week I verified all the numbers in the draft and Templar finished 1st and Pikachar finished 2nd. I squared up with Pikachar that day. I emailed Druff awhile ago to let him know that Templar was going to finish in the money and I would send it to Druff instead just to put it towards the people who are out money from the whole fiasco.
    +1 for Jasep, (wait that's a 100% track record with me)....
    Last edited by pikachar; 07-22-2012 at 11:19 AM. Reason: a friend asked me to

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by pikachar View Post
    ***Actual Templar Stuff***Anyway... last week I verified all the numbers in the draft and Templar finished 1st and Pikachar finished 2nd. I squared up with Pikachar that day. I emailed Druff awhile ago to let him know that Templar was going to finish in the money and I would send it to Druff instead just to put it towards the people who are out money from the whole fiasco.
    +1 for Jasep, ************** (wait that's a 100% track record with me)....
    We don't mention that anymore, I have an agreement... please edit that out Pika, you can leave in the track record part though

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    One thing is certain, and that is Templar is pretty loose on language. I'm permanently blind as opposed to I'm temporary blind with a good chance to regain my vision is a pretty big distinction. My mother died as opposed to my godmother died is even a bigger distinction.
    I'll lay off the stroke and blindness for now, but the mom/godmother thing is a joke.
    That isn't even in the same ball park.
    I talked to him everyday (prestroke) several times a day, and not 1 time did he bring up anyone that he knows dieing. I guess he had a good reason to always be invisible on skype.

Load Metric
    does anyone know Shaun well enough to confirm ?

It was one of the reasons that I called Micon out on his treatment of Jasep during our business ethics debate. He is an honest, straight shooter and has been since he joined the community.

He would have been well within his right to exercise any of the options that he considered, but instead he went out of his way to help square some things and that is not only an admirable trait, and also a good example of business ethics.

micon treated Jasep horribly, micon has no clue how to run a business

Which one is he?

Thread Information