View Poll Results: who wins the last longer bet?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • AQ player

15 83.33%
  • 99 player

2 11.11%
  • it's a push

1 5.56%

Thread: Last Longer Bet

Silver
    Load Metric

Last Longer Bet

So there was a last longer bet between me and another player for the radio donkament and we are on seperate tables when one of us shoves in AQ for their last 1400 chips and the other player has 99 (started hand with around 5500) and raises, gets called by BB with A10ss and flops 9xx two spades ... BB checks and top set bets and gets check raised all in and snap calls and loses to a flush on the turn (does not boat the river), meanwhile the AQ hand is still waiting to play out and get to the river and ends up losing.... so both players lost on the same hand, the AQ hand had 4-5 people involved in it so took longer to get to the river and bust the player, meanwhile the 99 top set hand was heads up and completed about 1 minute sooner....

who wins the last longer bet?

so here are the 3 options:

1. AQ player wins the bet because they "lasted longer" (by about 1 minute)

2. 99 player wins because they busted on the same hand and they had more chips at the start of the hand

3. its a chop, both busted same hand, GG SFO

Comments

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: you win, fuck the other guy

Silver
    Load Metric
    in the interest of fairness I won't even post in this thread until the poll closes 6 days from now................

VOTE PEOPLE!!!!

Load Metric
    Whoever finished in the higher position is the winner and there's really nothing to debate. It would be totally fine if one of you was keeping a close eye on the others table and stalled out their entire time bank before getting their last chips in.

Load Metric
    Normally when two people are busted at the same time the one with the bigger stack places higher then the other person hence why my stance was the 99 wins

Load Metric
    unless it was hand for hand at the time then this is hella dumb

you literally have your answer right there who is trying to weasel out of paying ?

Comments

SysOp:

Load Metric
    Don't see how this is even a question. Somebody finished in 24th place and somebody finished in 23rd and you're asking who wins the last longer? It doesn't matter if you outlast somebody by one minute or one hour, the AQ lasted the longest and therefore wins. Everything else is irrelevant.

Comments

SysOp: so fucking this
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JACKDANIELS View Post
    unless it was hand for hand at the time then this is hella dumb

you literally have your answer right there who is trying to weasel out of paying ?
    I'm guessing rollinx because of the scare quotes around "lasted longer". Lol
    TRUMP 2024!

Load Metric
    When Belly Buster posts the results, who ever is closer to first place wins. How fucking hard is this?

if either of you were table watching the other and stalling on purpose, that's fucked up and the bet should be a push. But, obviously no one will admit to stalling so, whatever.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    Whoever finished in the higher position is the winner and there's really nothing to debate. It would be totally fine if one of you was keeping a close eye on the others table and stalled out their entire time bank before getting their last chips in.
    I didn't want to neg rep you here but, no this is not okay, totally disagree, I think it's scummy/angling.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SysOp View Post
    I didn't want to neg rep you here but, no this is not okay, totally disagree, I think it's scummy/angling.
    Do you think stalling on the bubble with a short stack is ok?

Load Metric
    Totally different. Last longer bets are different. And in a live situation, chances are you couldn't watch your opponent. I realize this is probably done online a lot, but I think it's scummy.

Silver
    Load Metric
    LOL fuck it i'm gonna post since im getting blown away in the poll anyways..... obviously we were sweating each others table and i saw he was all in when i flopped top set... so by ur guys's rationale i shoulda time banked all the way down with top set on the flop and "slow rolled".... had the nuts on the flop, obv it was vulnerable but still the nuts at the time so def woulda been slow rolling

I think its an interesting situation... what are the fucking odds that we both bust on the same hand? I just assumed since I had more chips that I should win the bet... I actually thought about time banking all the way down for like 3 seconds and then said fuck it and snap called

I guess since it wasn't hand for hand so he might win the bet then, it is what it is , i run fucking BAD

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by rollinx420 View Post
    LOL fuck it i'm gonna post since im getting blown away in the poll anyways..... obviously we were sweating each others table and i saw he was all in when i flopped top set... so by ur guys's rationale i shoulda time banked all the way down with top set on the flop and "slow rolled".... had the nuts on the flop, obv it was vulnerable but still the nuts at the time so def woulda been slow rolling

I think its an interesting situation... what are the fucking odds that we both bust on the same hand? I just assumed since I had more chips that I should win the bet... I actually thought about time banking all the way down for like 3 seconds and then said fuck it and snap called

I guess since it wasn't hand for hand so he might win the bet then, it is what it is , i run fucking BAD
    According to the results, as what JACKDANIELS said unless it was hand for hand, or you both were all in against someone who has you both covered, it was NOT the same hand.

Load Metric

Totally different. Last longer bets are different. And in a live situation, chances are you couldn't watch your opponent. I realize this is probably done online a lot, but I think it's scummy.
    I don't think its really that different. You're just trying to outlast someone to win money. It's not that uncommon in live tourneys to see someone in a last longer stand up and yell across the room to try and figure out who's left in the LL and whats going on with their stacks. I guess it would be kind of messed up to literally just tank live until someone calls the clock because that could be several minutes and pretty annoying for the rest of the table...but, online you've got a time bank and should feel free to use it to increase EV as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by rollinx420 View Post

According to the results, as what JACKDANIELS said unless it was hand for hand, or you both were all in against someone who has you both covered, it was NOT the same hand.
    Yeah it's pretty ridiculous to think you're playing the 'same hand' as someone who's playing at another table. The tournament lobby makes it clear who outlasted who. Pay the man his money.

Comments

SysOp: pay the man his money rep

Load Metric
    I'm doing this to Willie and if he doesn't like it he can suck a bag of dicks

Comments

WillieMcFML: the whole bag?
    TRUMP 2024!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Person finishing in the better place wins the last longer.

Only exception is in a hand-for-hand situation (which doesn't exist in the PFA poker room), where each table has hands play out one at a time, and they all freeze until the next hand starts.

Think of a "money jump" situation in a tournament. If on a money-jump bubble, the player who busts 1 minute earlier will get the lower payout.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    hand-for-hand situation (which doesn't exist in the PFA poker room)

im not sure this is true...
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Thread Information