Thread: Moon Landing?

Load Metric

Moon Landing?

So I've always been a believer that we never went to the moon. So I ask PFA to give me undeniable evidence that we where there.

Many people share my belief and a ton of the N.A.S.A photos have been proven to be staged. Myself use logic and reason much more childish I suppose .

Here is a sample of why I think the moon landings where staged .

1. I'm to believe that in the 1960's we shot men to the moon and landed them on the moon and returned them safey to earth. Yet in the 1980's and 90's we had four Space Shuttles that where for orbit only and two of them crashed and burned . One on take off and the other on reentry. Explain to me how that happens ?

2. In the 1960's I'm to believe that audio and video where transmitted from the lunar surface yet when I drive from Vegas to Reno past Indian springs I lose cell phone service for 180 miles? So we can transmit clearly from the moon in the 60's but in the year 2018 I can't get a fucking cell phone to work in the desert.

I'll spare the other thought but yeah I'm convinced it never happened.

Comments

hongkonger: Legit retarded post

Draymond: Almost as bad as your FAKE horse racing thread

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: it's fake

Muck Ficon: Wow lol

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    We still to this day use Russian Soyouz rockets ... nuff said

Load Metric
    The moon is simply a joolusion.

(((obviously)))

Silver
    Load Metric

Comments

limitles: that's gay bashing

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Fuck it must be hot down there. Get some air people.

It's just a big f'n rock. You're up there, might as well land on the thing

Silver
    Load Metric
    This is a pretty interesting article it contends that the reason the moon landing could not have been faked is because we didn’t have the technology then to fake it.

http://https://scholarlykitchen.sspn...le-to-fake-it/

Comments

sah_24: but yet they have the tech to ship pictures back through the radiation belt ? LULS

gimmick: just radio.. none of the video was live

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gookieheimowitz View Post
    So I've always been a believer that we never went to the moon. So I ask PFA to give me undeniable evidence that we where there.

Many people share my belief and a ton of the N.A.S.A photos have been proven to be staged. Myself use logic and reason much more childish I suppose .

1. I'm to believe that in the 1960's we shot men to the moon and landed them on the moon and returned them safey to earth. Yet in the 1980's and 90's we had four Space Shuttles that where for orbit only and two of them crashed and burned . One on take off and the other on reentry. Explain to me how that happens ?

2. In the 1960's I'm to believe that audio and video where transmitted from the lunar surface yet when I drive from Vegas to Reno past Indian springs I lose cell phone service for 180 miles? So we can transmit clearly from the moon in the 60's but in the year 2018 I can't get a fucking cell phone to work in the desert.

#1, you're talking about different animals completely. The leap from a purpose built disposable system to be launched to the moon and return astronauts and payload to earth and never get used again, to a vehicle to _repeatedly_ launch, orbit, deploy, construct, and dock to/from a freakin space station, land on a freakin runway and be launched again is mind boggling. I can't directly debunk your argument, but that's my armchair opinion.

For #2, you're dealing completely with something called Line of Sight. Cell phone signals are bounced around to and from towers on the surface of the earth. Typically they install them as high as the terrain will allow, and you'll usually find towers on high points of land, and even skyscrapers in cities for this reason. The radio signals are only as good as long as transmitter and receiver have a direct line of sight between them, and buildings, terrain and eventually the horizon will prevent the signal from traveling further, resulting in a loss of signal. There are ways and situations where radio waves from transmitters and towers can travel beyond the horizon but it's completely dependent on the frequency, the atmosphere, weather, time of year, etc etc etc. For terrestrial cell phones though, it's essentially line of sight to the nearest tower and that's it.

In the desert, your phone doesn't always have line of sight to the tower. Cell companies can't afford to put towers everywhere, so they often share. Even then, cost and infrastructure such as access to power (these things require a decent amount of power to work right), land leases, construction costs due to site access, etc prevent a company from just throwing a cell tower on every mountaintop. Cell companies can't afford to launch a network of geosynchronous satellites yet, otherwise that would be the ultimate answer to your desert reception problem. Besides, there are already Satellite Phones that literally always have service no matter where in the world you are, but they're extremely expensive to operate.

Even in the 50's and 60's, we had direct line of sight to the moon, and it's not at all difficult to get a radio signal to and from the moon. Hell, there are amateur operators that bounce signals off the moon to communicate with each other.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth-..._communication

Gonna have to come up with a more convincing argument I'm afraid.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Not just line of sight. Cell phone radio transmission power is very weak relative to what NASA satellite transmitters.
    shit·show
    /ˈSHit ˌSHō/
    noun
    1) a situation or event marked by chaos or controversy. 2) This site.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by wrenchjockey View Post

#1, you're talking about different animals completely. The leap from a purpose built disposable system to be launched to the moon and return astronauts and payload to earth and never get used again, to a vehicle to _repeatedly_ launch, orbit, deploy, construct, and dock to/from a freakin space station, land on a freakin runway and be launched again is mind boggling. I can't directly debunk your argument, but that's my armchair opinion.

For #2, you're dealing completely with something called Line of Sight. Cell phone signals are bounced around to and from towers on the surface of the earth. Typically they install them as high as the terrain will allow, and you'll usually find towers on high points of land, and even skyscrapers in cities for this reason. The radio signals are only as good as long as transmitter and receiver have a direct line of sight between them, and buildings, terrain and eventually the horizon will prevent the signal from traveling further, resulting in a loss of signal. There are ways and situations where radio waves from transmitters and towers can travel beyond the horizon but it's completely dependent on the frequency, the atmosphere, weather, time of year, etc etc etc. For terrestrial cell phones though, it's essentially line of sight to the nearest tower and that's it.

In the desert, your phone doesn't always have line of sight to the tower. Cell companies can't afford to put towers everywhere, so they often share. Even then, cost and infrastructure such as access to power (these things require a decent amount of power to work right), land leases, construction costs due to site access, etc prevent a company from just throwing a cell tower on every mountaintop. Cell companies can't afford to launch a network of geosynchronous satellites yet, otherwise that would be the ultimate answer to your desert reception problem. Besides, there are already Satellite Phones that literally always have service no matter where in the world you are, but they're extremely expensive to operate.

Even in the 50's and 60's, we had direct line of sight to the moon, and it's not at all difficult to get a radio signal to and from the moon. Hell, there are amateur operators that bounce signals off the moon to communicate with each other.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth-..._communication

Gonna have to come up with a more convincing argument I'm afraid.

im actually upset that you took time out of your life to even legitimize this thread with a response.

so ive amended my original response to reflect this.

Comments

wrenchjockey: I've become soft as I age. I hope you find forgiveness in your heart.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    'I'm convinced a thing didnt happen. Convince me otherwise.' Seems like a fool's errand, to me. I'll pass.

Load Metric
    Lol! Love all you guys . Each and every one of you

Load Metric
    Lol! Love all you guys . Each and every one of you
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric

Before we tackle the question of the moon landing, do you believe "where" is the past tense conjugation of the verb "to be"?

Load Metric

Load Metric
    A better question how did the moon come to orbit the earth?
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Platinum
    Load Metric
    On a semi-related tangent, I like to watch cosmology related documentaries on TV, and it is really mind-blowing stuff how big the universe is, and how we are such a small part of it. There are literally billions and billions of stars spanning billions of light years.

Also really interesting is that according to the laws of gravity a majority of the mass of the universe is not currently accounted for, meaning we don't have a clue what it is or how to detect it, we just know there is something there we can't see/detect.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintjewlips View Post
    A better question how did the moon come to orbit the earth?
    My understanding is that the current hypothesis is that the moon is basically a combination of pieces of Earth that broke off after a celestial body hit it, that all accelerated together into one body and then orbited Earth due to gravity.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    While I find the "Moon Landing is Faked" narrative to be idiotic, there does seem to be some interest in discussing this here, so I removed the sonatine gay erotica messages.

Comments

garrett:

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    While I find the "Moon Landing is Faked" narrative to be idiotic, there does seem to be some interest in discussing this here, so I removed the sonatine gay erotica messages.
    It was actually worse than the usual gay pedophilia erotica, it was bestiality. Anyways, carry on.

Gold
    Load Metric
    MumblesBadly: Not just line of sight. Cell phone radio transmission power is very weak relative to what NASA satellite transmitters.
    Only slightly true. While NASA does have some high powered stuff, it's not a requirement. I can contact and receive from the ISS, and various amateur radio cube satellites using as little as 100mW both up and down. When you have direct line of sight, you can reduce power and still get 100% of your transmission through.

Cell towers typically transmit at around 500W in rural areas, and 100W in urban areas. Believe it or not, that's HUGE in the frequency allocation they run in. The Earth-Moon-Earth contacts I spoke of in my earlier post can be done with the same 100W although this is again dependent on which frequency you're using. There was a successful EME contact made at 3 *MILLIWATTS* that is detailed in the Wikipedia article I referenced. That's .003W for a signal to originate on the surface of the Earth, bounce off the Moon and return to Earth, then be received successfully. Granted these are radio amateurs and used high gain, directional antennae. NASA probably does use a higher power, especially for Deep Space stuff. For Near Earth to Deep Space there isn't really a reason to use too much power. Essentially for the best signal quality, you use the minimum amount of power necessary to complete the contact, and no more. Otherwise you can risk overdriving/overmodulating the signal which could result in errors in digital transmissions, and unintelligible speech in voice comms. There's also a power consumption factor when you're talking about satellite repeaters/transponders/transmitters. Using high RF power means draining batteries faster, etc.

I've probably bored everyone into submission but y'all are finally talking about something interesting and I've got some experience in near space/satellite/ISS comms. I'll gladly take it to PM if you feel like further discussing or if you're interested in such things.
    shit·show
    /ˈSHit ˌSHō/
    noun
    1) a situation or event marked by chaos or controversy. 2) This site.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Name:  E00FEE9F-8BC0-4683-A797-C6676EDBBC15.jpeg
Views: 115
Size:  107.1 KB

:moonlanding

Thread Information