Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: san francisco is a shithole and i will never go back

Cubic Zirconia muhammad ali macgraw's Avatar
    Load Metric

san francisco is a shithole and i will never go back

piss smelly, unsafe city with aggressive vagrants.

Comments

JimmyG_415: LOL

Load Metric
    i mean, once upon a time, it was the vanguard of creative insanity for the world. but between AIDS and silicon valley, theres nothing left but a few good meals and some decent LHE games within an hour or two drive, providing you dont try to get to them during rush hour.

beyond that its a town propped up by the single biggest real estate scam in human history and has been for 20 years at least.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    One of my favorite towns in the U.S

Comments

sah_24: fitting :)

Load Metric
    This 100 %, (except not sure how aids factor in) 99%.

There is so much foreign money, it like the Russians and the Chinese are combining to play a pump and dump scheme on SF RE.
    AirBnB is getting eliminated HOA after HOA, block by block, & tech has to hit a ceiling at some point, right?
    about 90% of american adults are online???? & Trump is not helping them make $ overseas.

But for now, tech is printing money & 60 % still can't afford a home now??? .............There is an implosion coming.............I'll never leave, due to the weather.

60 percent of tech workers in survey say they can’t afford a home in the Bay Area

https://www.sfgate.com/realestate/ar...y-13132157.php

Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    i mean, once upon a time, it was the vanguard of creative insanity for the world. but between AIDS and silicon valley, theres nothing left but a few good meals and some decent LHE games within an hour or two drive, providing you dont try to get to them during rush hour.

beyond that its a town propped up by the single biggest real estate scam in human history and has been for 20 years at least.
    San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Load Metric
    LOL,
    This post to a San Franciscan, is what a Guatemalan saying 'don't come to USA, they are heartless & will take your kids' is to Stephen Miller/Trump.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by muhammad ali macgraw View Post
    piss smelly, unsafe city with aggressive vagrants.
    San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Load Metric
    You're a homo right Jimmy? Why don't you like SF then? Figured it would be right up your alley

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post

There is so much foreign money, it like the Russians and the Chinese are combining to play a pump and dump scheme on SF RE.
    AirBnB is getting eliminated HOA after HOA, block by block, & tech has to hit a ceiling at some point, right?
    about 90% of american adults are online???? & Trump is not helping them make $ overseas.

But for now, tech is printing money & 60 % still can't afford a home now??? .............There is an implosion coming.............I'll never leave, due to the weather.

60 percent of tech workers in survey say they can’t afford a home in the Bay Area

gay culture kept that town going 24/7 back in the days. like it literally drove + financed the night life, which drove the drug underground, which basically financed the arts.

a lot of very rich, very generous, very interesting people died of AIDS and no one replaced them. the vacuum was eventually filled by dot com corporate scumbags.

but yeah long before the New Chinese Millionaires started sheltering their money in SF, there was this hyper shady real estate underground where the same fucking houses would get flipped to the same circle of 'investors' who would hire the same circle of renovators. basically the same dollar got passed around a few hundred times a year which created this illusion of a wildly healthy real estate market when in fact they were deliberately gaming the numbers and keeping like 80% of available units off the market to give the illusion of competition.

the old-world Chinese triad types were certainly in on this but the new Russian and Chinese wealth was drawn in by this shell game, they didnt create it.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    SF is one of the world's great cities.

Load Metric
    As a third gen San franciscan I can say op is correct.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post
    SF is one of the world's great cities.
    As someone who lived there in the 80’s, it is a shell of its former self. Still the 3rd best city in America for food however (behind NYC and New Orleans).

Comments

sonatine: yyyyyyup

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Was there twenty five years ago and was shocked by the disparity we saw on the streets.
    Dirty shopping cart people (first homeless person I had seen) right outside expensive restaurants
    It's a gorgeous area geographically but I've heard a number of former residents who relayed how bad it has become

Load Metric
    i was in san fran recently and can confirm that large sections of it are disgusting.

the homeless situation (including blocks of tent cities and human feces/needles all over the sidewalk) is out of control.

didn’t the AMA cancel a conference there recently for this reason?

Load Metric
    I did the 3 day in and out of SF tourist thing. Liked the city.

Glad I didn’t spend any more time there and maximized my time in Calistoga - that place was fucking wonderful.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post

I know you love the Giants, but why not move 400 miles down the road to coastal southern CA?

Better weather (less rain, more sunshine but not many hot days), and real estate is cheaper (though definitely not cheap).

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    SF is an interesting place to visit, though, provided you stay away from the horrible neighborhoods and due the usual tourist things.

I still love the cable car. It's totally a huge safety hazard (at least the last time I rode it), with people allowed to hang out of it, but that's part of the fun. I try to ride the cable car whenever possible.

It's really the only place in the western US which has some similarity to New York.

Wouldn't want to live there, though, and the real estate has become insane.

Load Metric
    I stayed downtown a while back. I was at the Hilton at Union Square (a king room suite, 40th floor).

I thought this city was ok, I did not think it was a shithole, but I was not wowed by it either. I did have the pleasure of turning the corner getting ready to climb what was a decent sized hill and there was a used hypodermic needle sitting there on the ground. I had sandals on and it very easily could have stabbed my big toe. Luckily I was a few inches from it. I was in jeans and tennis shoes the rest of the trip even though it was quite warm.

But it was not a shithole, the only real shithole I have ever been on the west coast is downtown Portland. Now that is a certified shithole.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    SF is an interesting place to visit, though, provided you stay away from the horrible neighborhoods and due the usual tourist things.

I still love the cable car. It's totally a huge safety hazard (at least the last time I rode it), with people allowed to hang out of it, but that's part of the fun. I try to ride the cable car whenever possible.

It's really the only place in the western US which has some similarity to New York.

Yeah this is actually a solid point, there are a ton of great ways to do a trip to SF for a few days and really never get exposed to the horrors that otherwise define it.

But yeah I know that if had to suffer that shithole for any real period of time, 80% of my waking hours would be spent at Artichoke Joe's or Lucky Chances and the rest would be spent at the Chinese hotpot place in the Sunset District.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Yeah this is actually a solid point, there are a ton of great ways to do a trip to SF for a few days and really never get exposed to the horrors that otherwise define it.

But yeah I know that if had to suffer that shithole for any real period of time, 80% of my waking hours would be spent at Artichoke Joe's or Lucky Chances and the rest would be spent at the Chinese hotpot place in the Sunset District.
    speaking of that, just curious how are the games out there? are they any good because there's a ton of money sloshing around or are the people with the money too busy to shoot it off at the poker tables?

Load Metric
    SF started to go down hill when I decided to try a new boutique hotel. Of course it turned out to be in the heart of the tenderloin. I came out of the hotel and was greeted by a naked homeless man covered in feces surrounded by about 10 cops. The cops all looked like they wanted to quit their jobs for obvious reasons. Homeless dude was freaking out, and I slipped past, never to return. Ever since then I have kept my time to a minimum. Except last year we went to redwoods, and spent a day in SF with family. Kids liked it a lot, but we rented a trike and just walked in tourist areas so whatever.

True story I lived in "Upper" Haight, realtor talk for a block up the hill. In any event I remember walking the hood, having just moved from the midwest, and the friendly locals kept saying "hey bud"... I told my mom how friendly people were, and then I realized they were drug dealers trying to sell me Bud. LOL. In any event, SF back then was a lot of fun, height of the Dotcom era, free parties every night. now its a dump, or I am getting old and the novelty has worn off.

Comments

sonatine: shout out to SF house parties back in the days

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

speaking of that, just curious how are the games out there? are they any good because there's a ton of money sloshing around or are the people with the money too busy to shoot it off at the poker tables?

othello would have a more informed response but last i heard, every action player went busto when they ground there way up to 2-5, made enough to buy into the 10-20NL game, and got felted by google execs cracking aces with any two preflop.

but yeah if you want to play 1-2NL with a bunch of half ass drifters and ex-cons, youre good.

Thread Information