Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zimmerman Interview

Load Metric

Zimmerman Interview

Bronze
    Load Metric
    It is going to be a wild trial for sure. I am taking a completely objective view here. On the 911 call they were clear, do not follow.

However, he was the Neighborhood Watch guy and apparently Trayvon was ducking in and out of side yards. So he took a leadership role and acted.

I believe Mr Zimmerman will be found not guilty. Mr Zimmerman suffered a broken nose and gashes all over his head. If he just wanted to shoot him, he'd have done so and ran away and nobody would have known anything.

I would think this would be an easy case to defend.

Load Metric
    Neighborhood watch is a deterrent, not a reason for vigilante justice. My take on it is he acted tough, started getting his ass beat, freaked-out and shot the kid. Is he guilty of murder, it's hard to say since he may very well been in danger, BUT he is most definitely guilty of some type of harrassment for following Trayvon and initiating the confrontation.
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Load Metric
    Zimmerman was asked if he could change anything that happened would he.

he said no

wtf

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyt View Post
    Zimmerman was asked if he could change anything that happened would he.

he said no

wtf
    That's the line he has to take until after any trial. If he says yes he is damning himself.
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Load Metric
    What a garbage, softball interview by Sean Hannity. He must not have gotten the memo that even the right largely abandoned this after he was charged with murder.

Zimmerman struck me as disingenuous but I'm far from objective.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    What a garbage, softball interview by Sean Hannity. He must not have gotten the memo that even the right largely abandoned this after he was charged with murder.

Hannity is a hack. You can tell he preps the people beforehand (probably sends then a verbatim list of the questions he will ask) and gives them the appropriate answer in the questions he poses. If Bill O'Reilly had done the interview I would have watched it
    Last edited by Steve-O; 07-19-2012 at 08:39 AM.
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

Hannity is a hack. You can tell he preps the peole beforehand (probably sends then a verbatim list of the questions he will ask) and gives them the appropriate answer in the question poses. If Bill O'Reilly had done the interview I would have watched it
    I agree on Hannity. And this is coming from someone that listens to Rush Limbaugh.

Rush is funny and creative. Hannity always seems like he is reading from a script.

Although Hannity signed a $100M contract for 5 years so while everyone bashes him, plenty listen and admire.

Rush makes $38 million a year by the way.

Load Metric
    even I cant take Hannity for more than a few minutes unless he has a really good segment
    then i'll watch the segment but guess who is #1 in their time slot for cable news

Week of July 18th

9PM .........P2+ (000s)....25-54 (000s) 35-64 (000s)
    FNC Hannity .......... 2,302 ... 386 ..... 878
    CNN Piers Morgan ... 461 ..... 180 ..... 223
    MSNBC Rachel Maddog 1,076..... 314 ..... 459
    CNBC 60 Min. ON CNBC 210.... ...57 ..... 103
    HLN Dr. Drew ......... 354 ...... 142 ..... 165
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Banned
    Load Metric
    NBC tried to frame George Zimmerman by selectively editing the 911 call. Under pressure, NBC eventually apologized and fired three employees for the misleading audio editing.

The audio 'experts' were wrong, Al Sharpton was wrong and New Black Panther Party was wrong to put a $10,000 'Wanted Dead or Alive' bounty on Zimmerman.

I'm not sure if it was wise for Zimmerman's lawyer to allow Zimmerman to speak before the trial but I can understand his frustration with all the lies and misinformation about this case.

George should never have been charged with any crime, certainly not murder. It's clear case of self defense.

I agree with Alan Dershowitz.

Drop Zimmerman’s murder charge...

Here's Sean Hannity's interview with George Zimmerman. Hannity will air part two tonight.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SixToedPete View Post
    NBC tried to frame George Zimmerman by selectively editing the 911 call. Under pressure, NBC eventually apologized and fired three employees for the misleading audio editing.

The audio 'experts' were wrong, Al Sharpton was wrong and New Black Panther Party was wrong to put a $10,000 'Wanted Dead or Alive' bounty on Zimmerman.

I'm not sure if it was wise for Zimmerman's lawyer to allow Zimmerman to speak before the trial but I can understand his frustration with all the lies and misinformation about this case.

George should never have been charged with any crime, certainly not murder. It's clear case of self defense.

Here's Sean Hannity's interview with George Zimmerman. Hannity will air part two tonight.

If nothing else he should have been arrested on the spot which didn't happen. This case is a cluster. No matter how you look at it though his actions lead to the death of Trayvon Martin. He may dodge criminal charges but he'll get OJ'd in a civil case.
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Neighborhood watch is a deterrent, not a reason for vigilante justice. My take on it is he acted tough, started getting his ass beat, freaked-out and shot the kid. Is he guilty of murder, it's hard to say since he may very well been in danger, BUT he is most definitely guilty of some type of harrassment for following Trayvon and initiating the confrontation.

I also believe that Zimmerman unnecessarily instigated a confrontation (most likely because Trayvon was young and black), but that Trayvon probably escalated it into a fistfight, and Zimmerman panicked and shot him.

This is why, despite my stance against gun control, I don't support conceal & carry permits for average citizens. This type of shit will happen too often.

Should be legal to keep guns in your house, and to use them in designated areas (hunting areas, shooting ranges, etc), but not beyond that.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also, true story:

When I was at UCSB, I attempted to get a talk show on their radio station. The powers-that-be at the station were very liberal, and they got word that I was conservative. I was denied the show for that reason. They cited that they had a conservative talk show three years earlier and that "it caused all kinds of problems", eventually having to fire the guy simply because of his views and the controversy it created.

Who was that host? Sean Hannity.

Funny enough, I visited the station years later, and they had a poster bragging about former air personalities that went on to the big time, and Sean Hannity was listed in the biggest print. There was no mention that they fired him despite breaking no rules of the station.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LLL View Post

If nothing else he should have been arrested on the spot which didn't happen. This case is a cluster. No matter how you look at it though his actions lead to the death of Trayvon Martin. He may dodge criminal charges but he'll get OJ'd in a civil case.
    Arrested on the spot? For what, saving his own life?

Good grief did you even listen to George Zimmerman's side of the story?

The case is only a 'cluster' because of left-wing, race card baiting zealots who rushed to judgement before knowing all the facts.

Now we know through witness accounts and evidence that the only person who committed a crime was Trayvon Martin.

Load Metric

The case is only a 'cluster' because of left-wing, race card baiting zealots who rushed to judgement before knowing all the facts.

Now we know through witness accounts and evidence that the only person who committed a crime was Trayvon Martin.
    I didn't watch the interview, no. Tell me though how many people shoot someone and don't get arrested even if they are insta-released? This whole case has been blown up on both sides.

Load Metric

Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Banned
    Load Metric
    There is zero evidence of 'vigilante justice'.

Your 'take on it' is based on pure speculation. It's meaningless.

George Zimmerman never harassed Trayvon Martin. Witness statements and evidence reveal the exact opposite.

Martin initiated the confrontation. He actually assaulted Zimmerman without provocation.

Banned
    Load Metric
    I didn't watch the interview, no.
    That's crystal clear.

Tell me though how many people shoot someone and don't get arrested
    It's called self defense. In Florida they also have a Stand Your Ground Law. It happens quite often. Remember, according to witnesses and evidence, Trayvon Martin assaulted and threatened to kill George Zimmerman.

This guy shot two scumbags just the other day. He was not arrested.

Here's another example. Store owner shoots two lowlifes. He was not arrested.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    There is zero evidence of 'vigilante justice'.

Your 'take on it' is based on pure speculation. It's meaningless.

George Zimmerman never harassed Trayvon Martin. Witness statements and evidence reveal the exact opposite.

Martin initiated the confrontation. He actually assaulted Zimmerman without provocation.
    People are not taking Mr. Zimmerman's point of view. He was elected by his community to watch over their neighborhood. He sees this dude creeping in and out and investigates as charted by his members.

Apparently the punk starts whaling on his face and breaking his nose.

Self Defense. Case Closed. This will probably defended by an intern it is so easy.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

I also believe that Zimmerman unnecessarily instigated a confrontation (most likely because Trayvon was young and black), but that Trayvon probably escalated it into a fistfight, and Zimmerman panicked and shot him.

This is why, despite my stance against gun control, I don't support conceal & carry permits for average citizens. This type of shit will happen too often.

Should be legal to keep guns in your house, and to use them in designated areas (hunting areas, shooting ranges, etc), but not beyond that.
    do you know you don't need to have a concealed carry permit to carry a gun? (in my state dunno about the rest of the US) as long as your pistol can be seen clearly, you are allowed to carry it. like in a holster outside your pants.

Thread Information