Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Zimmerman Interview

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I also believe that Zimmerman unnecessarily instigated a confrontation (most likely because Trayvon was young and black), but that Trayvon probably escalated it into a fistfight, and Zimmerman panicked and shot him.
    You may 'believe' that but it is pure conjecture.

There is no evidence to support your belief but there is strong evidence that Trayvon Martin initiated an assault on George Zimmerman.

A witness saw Martin attacking Zimmerman. Medical records reveal Zimmerman received a broken nose, deep lacerations to the back of his head and a concussion.

The 911 tape reveals George's screams for help.

Zimmerman's location proves he did not continue to follow Martin after the 911 dispatcher said there was no need to follow. Plus there is Zimmerman's account.

This is why, despite my stance against gun control, I don't support conceal & carry permits for average citizens. This type of shit will happen too often.

Should be legal to keep guns in your house, and to use them in designated areas (hunting areas, shooting ranges, etc), but not beyond that.
    If you believe this, you believe in gun control.

If more honest, law abiding citizens carried guns for protection, there would be far less violent crime.

More Guns, Less Crime...

More Guns, Less Crime 2010 Edition

Silver
    Load Metric
    Just had to chime in here to present a balanced viewpoint in a thread full of admitted Rush Limbaugh listeners.

Not sure how anyone could watch that interview and come away thinking George Zimmerman is going to skate, because he is not well spoken and is already proven himself to be a liar.

Even getting interviewed by Hannity, he was fumbling over his words and ended up looking like a jack ass. The first answer is LOL, something along the lines of

"I haven't had any time to reflect, but in jail I had time to think and reflect"

He also states he carried the gun "AT ALL TIMES except for when he went to work." I realize to gun nut/failed cops/wanna be rent-a-cop types, this is normal behavior, but it is not. It is called being paranoid, which is the same thing that lead him to be paranoid of everything and everyone around him, and probably speaks to why he couldn't ever get on the police force EVEN WITH the connection of having a judge father and a mother that worked in the court house.

Next, he says he didn't follow him, but he was watching him, and continued to move to maintain a view of the "suspect" he was tracking in his mental, wanna-be cop head.

It is Florida, so anything can happen, but if you think this POS is going to walk away, you better get prepared to see your little hero back in the orange jumpsuit.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    One less schvartz to worry about.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by v12cl View Post
    Just had to chime in here to present a balanced viewpoint in a thread full of admitted Rush Limbaugh listeners.

Not sure how anyone could watch that interview and come away thinking George Zimmerman is going to skate, because he is not well spoken and is already proven himself to be a liar.

Even getting interviewed by Hannity, he was fumbling over his words and ended up looking like a jack ass. The first answer is LOL, something along the lines of

"I haven't had any time to reflect, but in jail I had time to think and reflect"

He also states he carried the gun "AT ALL TIMES except for when he went to work." I realize to gun nut/failed cops/wanna be rent-a-cop types, this is normal behavior, but it is not. It is called being paranoid, which is the same thing that lead him to be paranoid of everything and everyone around him, and probably speaks to why he couldn't ever get on the police force EVEN WITH the connection of having a judge father and a mother that worked in the court house.

Next, he says he didn't follow him, but he was watching him, and continued to move to maintain a view of the "suspect" he was tracking in his mental, wanna-be cop head.

It is Florida, so anything can happen, but if you think this POS is going to walk away, you better get prepared to see your little hero back in the orange jumpsuit.
    How is this post relevant to your nose broken and head slammed into a sidewalk?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SixToedPete View Post
    That's crystal clear.

Quote Originally Posted by LLL View Post
    Tell me though how many people shoot someone and don't get arrested
    It's called self defense. In Florida they also have a Stand Your Ground Law. It happens quite often. Remember, according to witnesses and evidence, Trayvon Martin assaulted and threatened to kill George Zimmerman.

This guy shot two scumbags just the other day. He was not arrested.

Here's another example. Store owner shoots two lowlifes. He was not arrested.

So why is Zimmerman even being tried?

Also, LOL at comparing a store robbery to the Martin shooting.
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Banned
    Load Metric
    That's crystal clear.

It's called self defense. In Florida they also have a Stand Your Ground Law. It happens quite often. Remember, according to witnesses and evidence, Trayvon Martin assaulted and threatened to kill George Zimmerman.

This guy shot two scumbags just the other day. He was not arrested.

Here's another example. Store owner shoots two lowlifes. He was not arrested.

I'll respond to your second point first because the answer is a simple one that I included in my post.

It is appropriate to compare the Martin shooting to a store robbery because, just like the robbers in the jewelry store video were attempting to murder the owner, Martin was trying to kill George Zimmerman. Both shootings were self defense.

Your first question is an excellent one.

This tragedy occurred Feb. 26, 2012 and was initially only reported locally. About two weeks later a national outlet, CBS This Morning, gave a brief report but never mentioned race. Later that day Associated Press ran with it and erroneously mentioned that the shooter was white.

Joel Pollack explains the rest in his article:

"The racial claims were then repeated and amplified by other media outlets, including Gawker, which claimed the neighborhood in which Martin was shot was “predominantly white” (it fact is is "almost 50 percent white," according to the Daily Beast).

As online buzz heated up, activist groups became involved. The New Black Panther Party was among the first, gathering outside Sanford, FL police headquarters on March 11 to demand they arrest the shooter, known by then to be Zimmerman.

The next day, March 12, Al Sharpton’s National Action Network issued a statement in which Sharpton called for a “complete and thorough investigation” into Martin’s death. He added: “[W]e are told that racial language was used when the young man reported his suspicions to police,” a misleading claim later disproved by transcripts of the 911 call, in which race was first raised in a question by the dispatcher, not by Zimmerman himself.

On March 13, Sharpton devoted a portion of his program on MSNBC, PoliticsNation, to the Trayvon Martin case. He interviewed Martin family attorney Benjamin Crump, who reiterated the accusation that Zimmerman was “white”: “We think Trayvon Martin didn’t know who the heck this white man was who approached him before he got killed.”

Sharpton did not interview anyone representing Zimmerman--though Joe Oliver, a friend of Zimmerman’s, had been giving interviews elsewhere, pushing back against racism claims.

By March 14, the white-versus-black meme had become a fixture of media reporting on the story, including in local media outlets that had initially avoided casting events in that mould--and which had access to the facts.

The Orlando Sentinel, which had produced one of the first stories about the shooting on Feb. 28, with no mention of race, now described the “slaying of [an] unarmed black teen by a white crime-watch volunteer last month.”

The mainstream media picked up the racial theme and ran with it. Charles Blow of the New York Times cast Martin as a symbol of black boys--and the fears of black parents--everywhere.

Some conservative media outlets began exposing less innocent aspects of Martin’s life--but they were not the first to put character at issue; ABC News had highlighted Zimmerman’s 2005 arrest for battery (charges were dropped) in a March 10 report.

By March 23, President Barack Obama had entered the fray, reinforcing the idea that the Martin case was primarily about race. “If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon," Obama told reporters.

Nearly four weeks after the shooting, with investigations still pending, America now confronted a national debate about race--with all its attendant divisions.

It is worth noting that the mainstream media, even after the AP’s mistake about Zimmerman’s race, was rather reluctant to make the Martin case into an overtly racial issue. The key step appears to have been Al Sharpton’s intervention, when he used his activist network to make accusations of racism, then used his nightly platform on MSNBC to amplify those claims the next day, presenting a sensational, false, and one-sided account.

Sharpton may also have been important in bringing the White House into the debate. He has been an advisor to the Obama administration, and his hiring by MSNBC last year was criticized by liberal journalists and activists alike, who alleged he was being used as a “water carrier” for the president. In his tripartite media, activist, and political role, he has tried to turn the Martin case into a political cause for the left and for Obama.

There is, at the core of the Martin case, a legitimate story. A serious crime may have been committed, one that might reflect a real and persistent problem of racial profiling by police and by members of the public.

And then there is the illegitimate, false, white-versus-black story of how a Hispanic man was made “the scapegoat for what ails this country as far as racial relations go.”

That, in itself, is cause for outrage."

The Trayvon Timeline: How Local Crime Story Became National Racial Outrage

He's being tried because of a false national racial hatred narrative perpetrated by Al Sharpton and other race hucksters who have no desire for truth and justice.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    Neighborhood watch is a deterrent, not a reason for vigilante justice. My take on it is he acted tough, started getting his ass beat, freaked-out and shot the kid. Is he guilty of murder, it's hard to say since he may very well been in danger, BUT he is most definitely guilty of some type of harrassment for following Trayvon and initiating the confrontation.

I also believe that Zimmerman unnecessarily instigated a confrontation (most likely because Trayvon was young and black), but that Trayvon probably escalated it into a fistfight, and Zimmerman panicked and shot him.

This is why, despite my stance against gun control, I don't support conceal & carry permits for average citizens. This type of shit will happen too often.

Should be legal to keep guns in your house, and to use them in designated areas (hunting areas, shooting ranges, etc), but not beyond that.
    See, I'm for conceal/carry permits be MORE available --I'm too the RIGHT of DRUFF!!!!!. I think it's the best deterrent against petty crime and assaults against women. Even if you didn't have the permit or a gun, but say the media is saying 10% of people do, just the words "I have a gun and am authorized to use it" could end a lot of robberies, rapes, and assault. That's why it has to be CONCEAL/Carry
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Silver
    Load Metric
    kick off time.

Load Metric
    This will be an interesting trial. I'll have to watch those videos later when I'm at work on night shift.

The trial probably deserves it's own thread.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Silver
    Load Metric
    mostly formality's, the opening statements start at 34:30.

i'll wait for LLL to set up the thread.

Load Metric
    Zimmerman has clearly adopted the Druff diet of Pepsi and Domino's:

Name:  george-zimmerman-hearing-10-043013.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  180.6 KB

I never really follow these Nancy Grace-type cases; is this chubby Mex going down?

Something about this overzealous neighborhood watch guy never seemed right to me.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by v12cl View Post

Lol now there is a balanced view point for you. You are balance right between Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson's points of view.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Zimmerman has clearly adopted the Druff diet of Pepsi and Domino's:

Name:  george-zimmerman-hearing-10-043013.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  180.6 KB

I never really follow these Nancy Grace-type cases; is this chubby Mex going down?

Something about this overzealous neighborhood watch guy never seemed right to me.
    Well the dynamics are weird knowing Florida as I do having relatives there including one who was a city cop in Tampa for 20+yrs then retired and rehired by the city into a high level mgt job allowing him to double dip (God bless idiotic pension rules bankrupting munis all over the country). Anyway for the most part those members of my family are well to say the least probably further right then I am and unabashedly faiirly racist to boot. Id dare say given the chance to cap a n-word or spic (their own terms) they'd probably give the edge to earn lead to the black. Only reason being is the Cuban/Hispanic community has more acceptance in Florida in general but there are some hard lines even among old school Cubans and Central Americans (similar to the whole Irish/Italian thing in NYC)but they both hate the project Nigs in general.

My read I know the jury is all female which may make Zimmerman's ass more likely to fry due to the whole momma's boy bullshit they are gonna try and present Trayvon as this innocent kid (when he was far from it). The underlying racial make up which I Have not heard is more intriguing to me. Depending Im guessing a hung jury is gonna be the outcome in the end.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post

Well the dynamics are weird knowing Florida as I do having relatives there including one who was a city cop in Tampa for 20+yrs then retired and rehired by the city into a high level mgt job allowing him to double dip (God bless idiotic pension rules bankrupting munis all over the country). Anyway for the most part those members of my family are well to say the least probably further right then I am and unabashedly faiirly racist to boot. Id dare say given the chance to cap a n-word or spic (their own terms) they'd probably give the edge to earn lead to the black. Only reason being is the Cuban/Hispanic community has more acceptance in Florida in general but there are some hard lines even among old school Cubans and Central Americans (similar to the whole Irish/Italian thing in NYC)but they both hate the project Nigs in general.

My read I know the jury is all female which may make Zimmerman's ass more likely to fry due to the whole momma's boy bullshit they are gonna try and present Trayvon as this innocent kid (when he was far from it). The underlying racial make up which I Have not heard is more intriguing to me. Depending Im guessing a hung jury is gonna be the outcome in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by abrown83
    I'm going to come across as a bit of a douche but I really know more about this then anyone on this board by miles.

...if Trump is nominee he wins Presidency easily. Angry Blue Collar Whites will have record turnout.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Just another overrated news story for the media. A 17 year old negro destined to become a worthless dreg to society and a wannabe half breed lard *ss who wanted to be a cop. Hop they convict him and toss the key for 20 years. Both people totally worthless to have on the streets.

Comments

RichardBrodiesCombover.: Never forget this fag was the secret police on DD

PLOL: shut it down, old man

Load Metric
    I guess you would have it that only white guys over the age of 50 in the early stages of dementia would be free to roam the streets.

Quote Originally Posted by abrown83
    I'm going to come across as a bit of a douche but I really know more about this then anyone on this board by miles.

...if Trump is nominee he wins Presidency easily. Angry Blue Collar Whites will have record turnout.

Load Metric
    Read this thread if you need to be reminded of the depths of SixToedPete's stupidity.

It's amazing.

Silver
    Load Metric

I'll respond to your second point first because the answer is a simple one that I included in my post.

It is appropriate to compare the Martin shooting to a store robbery because, just like the robbers in the jewelry store video were attempting to murder the owner, Martin was trying to kill George Zimmerman. Both shootings were self defense.
    Ho ho ho Hoooooooo. Fiction can be fun, but I find the reference section a little more enlightening.

For instance, if you were to look up the all time most bonehead arguments ever made, you might find the argument that the guy playing imaginary cops and robbers, stalking an unarmed individual, and then killing the unarmed individual after provoking an attack is on "the defensive."

This isn't sports or war. You can't use the argument that the best defense is a good offense.

The reason we are talking about this today is because George Zimmerman instigated this entire situation, and you don't get to sit back and claim
    "defense" after someone responds.

If Trayvon too had a gun and shot the armed George for stalking and harassing him, would "Stand your ground" still apply?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Read this thread if you need to be reminded of the depths of SixToedPete's stupidity.

It's amazing.
    Again have to call you out for your simple closed-minded thinking, and basically just being a simpleton.

From what I gather sixtoed said all along, Zimmerman shot in self-defense. Have you watched the States star witness the past two days. The girls a complete liar, and obviously is in cahoots with the Travon Martin family. The State of Florida is a joke, and most their legal people are as well, see Casey Anthony.

Trayvon was obviously a young tough guy, kept shady company like this girl (the States lead witness lol).

So at this point, I think the more and more I try and keep an open mind to your posts, the more I just realize, you are just a follower. I never knew this sixtoed guy, but in reading the highlighted aspects of his veiwpoint, he seems right. He called it, Zimmerman shot in self-defense. Trayvon tried to put an ass whoopin on Zimmerman, probably was stronger, and in the State of Florida, guns are rampant and the State has much more laxed gun laws than many States, so the kid got shot. I feel safer in Newark N.J, true story than I do in some "rural" parts of Florida. Sanford included.

So why did you bump this thread anyway? If anything you highlighted how sixtoed was actually going out on a limb, and is starting to look correct as this trial continues to unfold.

Comments

Sloppy Joe: You're playing great

Load Metric
    Today I learned that "creepy ass cracker" is not viewed as a racist term by some blacks. Who knew...

Thread Information