Thread: Antonio (Gonzon the muppet) Esfiandari to Box Kevin Hart

Load Metric

Antonio (Gonzon the muppet) Esfiandari to Box Kevin Hart

So apparently like I fucking care but it came across my news feed. Gonzo from the Muppets is going to box the extremely bland and unfunny black leprechaun Kevin Hart.

Supposed to take place in March of 2019.

Gonzo ( Esfiandari) getting 35-1 odds to win.

Not sure who's face I'd like to see made into hamburger more?

Inaugural Spring Classic Champion HoodedN's Avatar
    Load Metric
    no way esfandiari has a shot. 35-1 is great value on Kevin Hart, who has been an avid boxer for years.

edit: not that I would ever bet anything at 35-1
    #ToddsPlan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by HoodedN View Post
    no way esfandiari has a shot. 35-1 is great value on Kevin Hart, who has been an avid boxer for years.

edit: not that I would ever bet anything at 35-1

I'm a Philly guy 100 and I can't stand Kevin Hart . I understand he is an athlete and such. 35-1 to possibly have Gonzo land a knockout punch? Hart must be super confident that Gonzo won't get lucky.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Don’t underestimate Esfandiari’s reach advantage if this fight actually happens. Kevin Hart is like 5 foot 4 and I’m guessing Antonio is like 5-10 or so. And is Kevin Hart really an avid boxer, is there any footage of him fighting? I don’t know the answer to that. He does seem like a bullshitter though who would embellish his fighting skills if they’re subpar.

Assuming Antonio takes it seriously and trains up for the fight I would give him a halfway decent shot. And that’s assuming he has a pretty significant reach advantage. My guess though is that the fight never even happens.

Load Metric

The biggest advantage, I'd think, is that Kevin Hart is kind of a maniac about working out and running and will have a strength, stamina, and experience advantage over Tony. Which is 3 big advantages, I guess.

Also, everyone Kevin has ever sparred, I'd think, has had a reach advantage on Kevin. He'll be used to it.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post

Yeah exactly. That proves nothing other than he can throw arm punches with a friendly trainer. And damn he is short.

Inaugural Spring Classic Champion HoodedN's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BiffCo99 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post

Yeah exactly. That proves nothing other than he can throw arm punches with a friendly trainer. And damn he is short.
    It’s like a lil black Larry laffer

Comments

Tellafriend: RIP

BiffCo99: Lol

Shizzmoney: lol
    #ToddsPlan

Gold
    Load Metric
    Typical Persian scumbag. Trying to remain relevant. He is turning into an ugly old Arab.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_in_the_ass View Post
    Typical Persian scumbag. Trying to remain relevant. He is turning into an ugly old Arab.

Lol!!!!

Load Metric
    Why are they fighting?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicide King View Post
    Why are they fighting?
    too much money, not enough to do?

Comments

Shizzmoney: winner

Load Metric
    Other than learning to fight, I’m trying to think of the optimal strategy for Antonio. The celeb height site which takes height as super serious business says Hart is 5’2. I’m thinking get a trainer and gain 30 lbs would be optimal given the time frame. Antonio just looks super weak. He needs to jab and be 70lbs heavier than Hart. Even then, Hart is good buddies with Floyd. Antonio won’t get better advice than Hart will have access to. I can’t imagine him winning.i would guess Hart will simply work the body and finish him in like 3 minutes.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by HoodedN View Post

It’s like a lil black Larry laffer
    Given what we know about Larry the little part wasn’t necessary due to redundancy. Just a black Larry would’ve sufficed.

Load Metric
    Don’t underestimate Esfandiari’s reach advantage if this fight actually happens. Kevin Hart is like 5 foot 4 and I’m guessing Antonio is like 5-10 or so. And is Kevin Hart really an avid boxer, is there any footage of him fighting? I don’t know the answer to that. He does seem like a bullshitter though who would embellish his fighting skills if they’re subpar.

Assuming Antonio takes it seriously and trains up for the fight I would give him a halfway decent shot. And that’s assuming he has a pretty significant reach advantage. My guess though is that the fight never even happens.
    Learning to utilize a reach advantage is an expert skill, takes years and years to develop. There are professional fighters who are long that never learn to maximize their reach. Antonio won't have a fucking clue how to use his reach and it's impossible for him to learn.

Comments

Crowe Diddly: Stefan Struve rep

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I obviously have never boxed, but my understanding is that the average amateur without a ton of sport specific sparring and endurance training will literally be gassed and unable to continue after about 1 or 2 minutes.

Assuming he even lasts that long, which is doubtful, it seems that in itself would make it impossible for Antonio to win if Hart really has this sport specific skill.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by peter mcneil View Post

Learning to utilize a reach advantage is an expert skill, takes years and years to develop. There are professional fighters who are long that never learn to maximize their reach. Antonio won't have a fucking clue how to use his reach and it's impossible for him to learn.
    Fair point but we’re talking about two amateurs here. Everyone seems to believe Hart has some serious boxing skills which has yet to be proven. Has he ever been in a real boxing match?

Antonio’s wingspan and height alone would give Hart some serious problems. Hart is not Mike Tyson.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Other than learning to fight, I’m trying to think of the optimal strategy for Antonio. The celeb height site which takes height as super serious business says Hart is 5’2. I’m thinking get a trainer and gain 30 lbs would be optimal given the time frame. Antonio just looks super weak. He needs to jab and be 70lbs heavier than Hart. Even then, Hart is good buddies with Floyd. Antonio won’t get better advice than Hart will have access to. I can’t imagine him winning.i would guess Hart will simply work the body and finish him in like 3 minutes.
    At first glance he does look super weak but the guy did do almost 50 push-ups on High Stakes Poker so he does have a baseline of decent upper body strength. He can do more pushups than probably 90% of the US’s male population.

Load Metric
    Had anyone seen the amount yet? I would have to guess it's Ant man's 100k against Hart's 3.5 million?

I don't see Antonio putting up any more ?

Also I've not seen any hint yet about charities which would give Antonio more incentive. I wouldn't think Antonio would just willingly throw away money ? So he must feel as though he can find some sort of edge.

Load Metric
    Can't see how Antonio has a shot to win. Kevin Hart is in really good shape, and has trained boxing for quite a while. Don't imagine March will be near enough time to get to where he'll need to be.

Antonio will undoubtedly hire a coach and get some minor technique and shit like that down, but it'll mean very little once Hart's little ass is inside, punching him in the gut. No way in hell Antonio has enough time to develop the kind of footwork it'll take to keep that little fucker on the outside.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Question

Ok, it's March of 2019. Is Antonio Esfandiari still going to box Kevin Hart? Any details (dates, streaming service, etc.)?

Thread Information