Thread: Vegas NYE 2019

Load Metric

Vegas NYE 2019

I got free rooms at park MGM for NyE “pay resort fee” so I booked my room and flights I couldn’t pass up the deal. My wife and I are going with another couple, I’ve been to Vegas about 15 times but I’ve never gone durning NyE mostly during the summer.

I’m wondering what are the best things to do during NyE. I’ve been looking online but I wanted some infor from a person who’s been during NyE. We might go to a club or somewhere to party during the New year with a view of the fireworks. I know Bellagio has a club and it’s definitely being considered. But are there any low key bars that I should consider that I’m not thinking of for the festivities? Also any restaurant recommendations would be appreciated, some where decent prices no more then 75/100 a person. Any other tips for a successful NYE trip from people who have gone?

Another thing I’m woderning is how good are the poker games during NyE weekend? I’ll probably be playing 2/5 between Aria and Bellagio depending on the games.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Drawingdead View Post
    I got free rooms at park MGM for NyE “pay resort fee” so I booked my room and flights I couldn’t pass up the deal. My wife and I are going with another couple, I’ve been to Vegas about 15 times but I’ve never gone durning NyE mostly during the summer.

I’m wondering what are the best things to do during NyE. I’ve been looking online but I wanted some infor from a person who’s been during NyE. We might go to a club or somewhere to party during the New year with a view of the fireworks. I know Bellagio has a club and it’s definitely being considered. But are there any low key bars that I should consider that I’m not thinking of for the festivities? Also any restaurant recommendations would be appreciated, some where decent prices no more then 75/100 a person. Any other tips for a successful NYE trip from people who have gone?

Another thing I’m woderning is how good are the poker games during NyE weekend? I’ll probably be playing 2/5 between Aria and Bellagio depending on the games.

Thanks
    Sorry for the delayed response.

First off, you got a great deal. NYE is the most expensive time of year to stay in Vegas.

Unfortunately, there is nothing at all "low key" about NYE in Vegas. Everything is crowded, expensive, and difficult.

I spent most of the NYE from 2013-2018 in Vegas. However, I always did it from a Caesars Augustus Tower room, with a nice view of the fireworks. I didn't want to be on the street, part of the heavy crowds and the madness.

I don't have any experience with the clubs on NYE, though prepare for them to be expensive and crowded, and make sure they have a view of the fireworks (most of them don't).

Regarding restaurants, make your reservations in advance, though not TOO far in advance. Why? You want to avoid any restaurant with a mandatory "New Years Eve" menu, as that is always highly marked up. You want a place which serves the same food at the same prices as they do every night. Last year I went to Nobu at Caesars Palace, and that fit the bill (it should also approximately fit into your $100/pp budget).

Be aware that they close the strip to auto traffic at 6pm, so you really want to be able to walk anywhere you want to go for dinner.

See if you can manage a room at Park MGM with a fireworks view. I think that would be superior to a club or being outside. At least it was for me.

Regarding poker, you should play AFTER midnight, perhaps starting 1am, as people are often drunk and play poorly.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Drawingdead View Post

Thanks
    Sorry for the delayed response.

First off, you got a great deal. NYE is the most expensive time of year to stay in Vegas.

Unfortunately, there is nothing at all "low key" about NYE in Vegas. Everything is crowded, expensive, and difficult.

I spent most of the NYE from 2013-2018 in Vegas. However, I always did it from a Caesars Augustus Tower room, with a nice view of the fireworks. I didn't want to be on the street, part of the heavy crowds and the madness.

I don't have any experience with the clubs on NYE, though prepare for them to be expensive and crowded, and make sure they have a view of the fireworks (most of them don't).

Regarding restaurants, make your reservations in advance, though not TOO far in advance. Why? You want to avoid any restaurant with a mandatory "New Years Eve" menu, as that is always highly marked up. You want a place which serves the same food at the same prices as they do every night. Last year I went to Nobu at Caesars Palace, and that fit the bill (it should also approximately fit into your $100/pp budget).

Be aware that they close the strip to auto traffic at 6pm, so you really want to be able to walk anywhere you want to go for dinner.

See if you can manage a room at Park MGM with a fireworks view. I think that would be superior to a club or being outside. At least it was for me.

Regarding poker, you should play AFTER midnight, perhaps starting 1am, as people are often drunk and play poorly.

Thank you for all the tips Druff

Thread Information