Page 62 of 144 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 2869

Thread: ELON MUSK IS GOD

Load Metric
    deleted from net
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    This is just the beginning. But the correction will be a slow roll.

At market close i read that mrna has shipped an initial vaccine for testing so I snapped up 500 shares. Story gained strength and is up 17% after hours. Blind squirrel and a nut kind of thing. Will take it.

Real talk for all my pfa friends, fill 10% of your portfolio w ET. The price is right.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post

At market close i read that mrna has shipped an initial vaccine for testing so I snapped up 500 shares. Story gained strength and is up 17% after hours. Blind squirrel and a nut kind of thing. Will take it.

Real talk for all my pfa friends, fill 10% of your portfolio w ET. The price is right.

that was literally what i posted then deleted, minus the share snapping part.

i did a lot of homework on them when coronavirus first hit the news and i decided to sit things out with them based largely on them running a fucking wordpress site and absolutely reeking of AI-buzzword snake oil.

note that all they did is submit a vaccine to the FDA, and then have a press party about it.

its totally possible that they are light years ahead of everyone else doing rna therapy and binked a solution, not to mention the press alone will likely add another 10% to their value tomorrow but they strike me as another biotech penny stock with an AI sales pitch, not as a world shaking plague destroyer.

but yeah i mean, 10% is 10% and in any case, very nice catch at close.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Diamond
    Load Metric
    I signed up for RH gold which is free for 30 days. I dunno if thats gonna let me buy shares premarket but what it seems like tomorrow will be another day to buy TVIX and VXX it seems.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post

I have been seriously considering dropping my portfolio to under 10 holdings (if anyone wants the logic on this I can go into it), but ET is on the list. A well run MLP is ultimately a good investment for at least the next 20 years, then we will see what happens.

Comments

Tellafriend: My nigga

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    We will gap up tomorrow. Just a feel. You couldn’t get out today and you can’t get in tomorrow.
    Just try to imagine the most sadistic scenarios and you really can’t be too far wrong. Currently up 220 Dow & 100 Nasdaq.

The money was made last night after 10:00p -400 —-> -900.

Loved the windsurfing metaphor, Sonatine. Loved it.

Dead calm. You could pump your sail in and out and sort of air paddle your way in.

Metaphor dates ya. Now it’s all paddle boarding. Gay. Shops don’t carry windsurfers anymore.

Go on vacation and you’re a luckbox if you find a place that rents them. St. Lucia & St Martin do.

Did you ever have a seat harness? I want the market to require a seat harness. You wanted to go out on really shitty stormy days on Cape Cod. Put on a wet suit. Bad days were good days.

Hope we have more bad days.

Comments

sonatine: did it in st thomas
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 02-24-2020 at 06:59 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    I signed up for RH gold which is free for 30 days. I dunno if thats gonna let me buy shares premarket but what it seems like tomorrow will be another day to buy TVIX and VXX it seems.

grain of salt this but i believe you cant buy shares pre/post market, its a concession made to the big dogs when us retail traders were given essentially direct market access.

i think best case some online brokers will let you execute shares over the phone but i cant remember if its pre post or both..

again grain of salt.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

grain of salt this but i believe you cant buy shares pre/post market, its a concession made to the big dogs when us retail traders were given essentially direct market access.

i think best case some online brokers will let you execute shares over the phone but i cant remember if its pre post or both..

again grain of salt.
    Every Brokerage has their own rules, most make you sign ECN agreements.

Many margin trades won’t execute but you might find some that allow more types of trades.

If you just search Brokerage name ECN you should find their agreements.

Comments

sonatine: mea culpa

Load Metric
    If you pay those assholes for some kind of premium service I’m gonna be irked. I just hate their opaque manner.

Nothing is free. I’ve hinted at this before but you are not getting the best price on your trades. They sell your order to shady dark pools and market makers. “Payment for order flow”

You can’t route your order to an honest exchange.

I haven’t looked into payment for order flow and who is doing what these days. So I pretty much don’t know what I’m talking about. My intuition tells me it’s more pervasive than ever. But RH is masquerading as something virtuous and they are not. Maybe they were fined.

Just know that generally the free trade gimmick is a parlor trick. You’re not getting cheated per se just slightly abused.

There is prolly a good YouTube video on this or how trades are executed generally. Maybe someone can explain better than me.

I just have a hard on for RH. I prolly deposited them in the sketchy non transparent bag of trickery along with most free millenial shit like FB. Premarket trades happen in a thin market. There isn’t much action so you are the beggar.. I just feel RH is gonna make things even worse for you.

Somewhere above there might be a coherent point. I feel better. That’s the important thing.

Druff pays me for posting traffic.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    If you pay those assholes for some kind of premium service I’m gonna be irked. I just hate their opaque manner.

Nothing is free. I’ve hinted at this before but you are not getting the best price on your trades. They sell your order to shady dark pools and market makers. “Payment for order flow”

I haven’t looked into payment for order flow and who is doing what these days. So I pretty much don’t know what I’m talking about. My intuition tells me it’s more pervasive than ever. But RH is masquerading as something virtuous and they are not. Maybe they were fined.

Just know that generally the free trade gimmick is a parlor trick. You’re not getting cheated per se just slightly abused.

There is prolly a good YouTube video on this or how trades are executed generally. Maybe someone can explain better than me.

I just have a hard on for RH. I prolly deposited them in the sketchy non transparent bag of trickery along with most free millenial shit like FB. Premarket trades happen in a thin market. There isn’t much action so you are the beggar.. I just feel RH is gonna make things even worse for you.

Somewhere above there might be a coherent point. I feel better. That’s the important thing.

That was alot of words and I didnt learn anything.

Comments

Sanlmar: I’m worthless. It’ll get someone to speak English on this subject.

Platinum
    Load Metric

san is basically saying that if you trade in premarket/postmarket on RH the twink is gonna be fucking you, not the other way around...

Load Metric
    Payment for Order Flow Robinhood.

Lots of YouTube videos.

I’m not Rotten Tomatoes so get your own popcorn

I might dial some up tonight myself for the entertainment.

It’s fun stuff in a queer way. So you’ll like it

Load Metric
    Payment for Order Flow Robinhood.

Lots of YouTube videos.

I’m not Rotten Tomatoes so get your own popcorn

I might dial some up tonight myself for the entertainment.

It’s actually interesting stuff
    Here are the RH rules for extended hour.....surprise they suck

https://robinhood.com/us/en/support/...hours-trading/

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

san is basically saying that if you trade in premarket/postmarket on RH the twink is gonna be fucking you, not the other way around...
    Got it. But it was 1pm and my trade didnt even process. Why allow me to place it if it wasnt allowed/available?

Oh and last week a 19 yr old top did that and it was the best experience I have had till this point. I even let him put it in the following morning...dry.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

Got it. But it was 1pm and my trade didnt even process. Why allow me to place it if it wasnt allowed/available?

Oh and last week a 19 yr old top did that and it was the best experience I have had till this point. I even let him put it in the following morning...dry.
    Was the order limit or market?

It’s 6 mins. It’s ok. You will get something out of it. The end pays you off.

Interactive brokers gets a free plug Sonatine. Flash boys.

Diamond
    Load Metric

Name:  Screenshot_20200224-234336_Robinhood.jpg
Views: 6155
Size:  278.8 KB

Something tells me I shouldnt have cancelled? I dunno

Load Metric
    its entirely possible that RH manually processes all off-hour orders. in which case, on a day like this, youre fucked.

also placing orders during off hours with the intent of having them filled the next day seems grossly unwise considering how much securities fluctuate in value during pre/post market trading. on top of which if you designate market value for them youre doublefucked because there is often a seconds to minutes gap at 9:30am est where real market values are out of sync with whatevers on their tape. so you can end up paying $300 for a security currently trading at $150 because of that latency.

why is there latency?

because brokers no longer charge commissions and everything is Fucking Awful now. the only alternative is a direct access account someplace like lightspeed, which has significant financial requirements, other fees etc.

Comments

OSA: understood

Diamond
    Load Metric
    its entirely possible that RH manually processes all off-hour orders. in which case, on a day like this, youre fucked.

also placing orders during off hours with the intent of having them filled the next day seems grossly unwise considering how much securities fluctuate in value during pre/post market trading. on top of which if you designate market value for them youre doublefucked because there is often a seconds to minutes gap at 9:30am est where real market values are out of sync with whatevers on their tape. so you can end up paying $300 for a security currently trading at $150 because of that latency.

why is there latency?

because brokers no longer charge commissions and everything is Fucking Awful now. the only alternative is a direct access account someplace like lightspeed, which has significant financial requirements, other fees etc.

This kinda sounds like what would happen if everyone had health insurance but on a smaller scale.

Load Metric

dude.

today, for the first time, i started to really feel like i was getting end run on my scalps. like over and fucking over.

im praying it was just me adjusting to lack of intraday volatility/inertia.

Load Metric

why is there latency?

This kinda sounds like what would happen if everyone had health insurance but on a smaller scale.

its more like if every checkup came with a free 8ball of blow and a gold krugerrand if you show up unannounced between 9:30 and 9:31 am.

Comments

OSA: how you say it......coge

Thread Information