Page 36 of 144 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast

Thread: ELON MUSK IS GOD

Platinum
    Load Metric
    stock started the month of December at roughly 330...traded at roughly 650 in the post market...

no words..

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    stock started the month of December at roughly 330...traded at roughly 650 in the post market...

no words..

its the new cryptocurrency basically.

also they operated at a loss again.

sign of the times i suppose.

anyway, back in my bullshit; pending red flags im taking some puts on starbucks and calls on msft.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    im starting to think the pre-market mini bumps in UAL and DAL are algo driven.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by monsterj View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    i switched to a put option on tsla. smart money is getting tf out of dodge by the looks of it.
    Yeah. Okay first. You have no idea what 'smart money' is doing. This ain't sports betting. The size and scope is an order of magnitude difference, especially in options. The side you think the money is on is actually completely different many times. The 'smart' money can do things retail investors just can't do. In terms of options, they are almost always just playing volatility and the movement direction is just an afterthought given put call parity and delta/gamma hedging. They take schmucks and profit off the the inability to understand basic options pricing models taking into the factor of delta hedging.
    Summary:

Whoever or whatever is on the other side of your trade is likely much, much smarter than you. You're playing checkers and your trade partner is likely playing Star Trek chess.

Comments

sonatine: totally fair

Load Metric
    WHO just took my puts out behind the woodshed.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

no words..

its the new cryptocurrency basically.

also they operated at a loss again.

sign of the times i suppose.

anyway, back in my bullshit; pending red flags im taking some puts on starbucks and calls on msft.
    Right, I would stay away too. I've invested in Boise the last few years in rentals and land, I guess I've been lucky.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    So instead of putting money in Tesla which I have been comiserating for oast few months, I decided to put it in this company called Amazon? Ever heard of it motherfuckers?

I swear, in this market, you cant lose.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    So instead of putting money in Tesla which I have been comiserating for oast few months, I decided to put it in this company called Amazon? Ever heard of it motherfuckers?

well if you really want to, spend hours researching what industry vectors were most influenced by the 2003 SARS outbreak, then research the companies most vulnerable to disruption of chinese business within those quadrants, then stack puts on them before the WHO somehow manages to suck the feds dick off then fucks it back on resulting in a 230+ point dow increase.

Comments

OSA: Way to take the joy out of everything

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post

well if you really want to, spend hours researching what industry vectors were most influenced by the 2003 SARS outbreak, then research the companies most vulnerable to disruption of chinese business within those quadrants, then stack puts on them before the WHO somehow manages to suck the feds dick off then fucks it back on resulting in a 230+ point dow increase.
    Free atine to english translator

Stocks Rebound to End Higher as Coronavirus Outbreak Declared Public Health Emergency
    My nuts got squeezed but I kinda knew I was due for a Fibonacci retracement. I’m right in the middle of China with Wynn. Can’t bluff me off my hand tho. I call. Next card please

Fib numbers. Your next rabbit hole Sonatine. Maybe you know but I always loved this miracle of nature. Gods hand if I ever saw it. Body parts ratios. At least for us.

That and whatever guides Simpdog hockey picks.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Free atine to english translator

Stocks Rebound to End Higher as Coronavirus Outbreak Declared Public Health Emergency
    My nuts got squeezed but I kinda knew I was due for a Fibonacci retracement. I’m right in the middle of China with Wynn. Can’t bluff me off my hand tho. I call. Next card please

Fib numbers. Your next rabbit hole Sonatine. Maybe you know but I always loved this miracle of nature. Gods hand if I ever saw it. Body parts ratios. At least for us.

That and whatever guides Simpdog hockey picks.
    i keep seeing/hearing fib referenced by godmode traders and im too superstitious to bite.

Comments

tony bagadonuts: yet

Load Metric
    watching all this manic exuberance deflate in after hours really does appeal to the bitch in me.

Load Metric
    watching all this manic exuberance deflate in after hours really does appeal to the bitch in me.
    It’s a skill to find something wrong in just about every situation, but I have an exquisite talent for negativity. At least I thought I was special.

Until that post.

That doesn’t mean I’m unhappy.

Consider the concept of Max Pain in options. It is the price at which the stock would cause financial losses for the largest number of option holders at expiration.

C’mon. Just knowing that’s a thing .... endorphins firing - amirite?

You’d be surprised how the stock price magically gravitates to that magic number. That was monsterj before he found god.

I see you nodding your head. Now that kinda bothers me. Cause part of your appeal is - your not me. You don’t want to be me, trust me.

I pray for your soul.

Comments

sonatine: *you're

Load Metric
    I sometimes wonder what it would be like to a write post then let it sit. Perhaps reread it before pushing send.

Total stream of consciousness. Plus the Apple predictive gremlin is a low grade troll.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

It’s a skill to find something wrong in just about every situation, but I have an exquisite talent for negativity. At least I thought I was special.

Until that post.

That doesn’t mean I’m unhappy.

Consider the concept of Max Pain in options. It is the price at which the stock would cause financial losses for the largest number of option holders at expiration.

C’mon. Just knowing that’s a thing .... endorphins firing - amirite?

You’d be surprised how the stock price magically gravitates to that magic number. That was monsterj before he found god.

I see you nodding your head. Now that kinda bothers me. Cause part of your appeal is - your not me. You don’t want to be me, trust me.

I pray for your soul.

Welcome to being Jewish.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    You and your after-hours and options habits leave me alternating between chortling and shaking my head. I think in your heart you're an investor but you're acting like a trader and those are two completely different animals.

Find great companies you understand, dollar cost average in, buy in bulk on dips and pullbacks, become wealthy.

IMO Tesla is to the point that it should be owned, not traded.

Just my $.02 that no one asked for.

Comments

OSA: good advice

sonatine: advice appreciated

SPIT this: honestly this is what people on this board /should/ be doing.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post
    You and your after-hours and options habits leave me alternating between chortling and shaking my head. I think in your heart you're an investor but you're acting like a trader and those are two completely different animals.

Find great companies you understand, dollar cost average in, buy in bulk on dips and pullbacks, become wealthy.

IMO Tesla is to the point that it should be owned, not traded.

Just my $.02 that no one asked for.

there is much to be contemplated here, thank you.

Load Metric
    so, to respond; right now im literally just fascinated by the machine. im still seeing where i fit in all this. ive had consistent good days punctuated by one spectacularly bad day where i thought i could fade a huge risk and got bodied, despite being told over and over this was no way to go through life, and another fairly bad day where i failed to consider the influence of parties who did not want the market to sink from the exact things i bet on to drag it down.

but mostly im just learning how things work right now; day trading is trial by fire. and if/when my roll gets swole enough ill gladly pivot to investments.

something you said that i 100% grok with is the need to narrow my focus and specialize on the behavior of a few choice stocks. i basically have 3 on my plate that make a ton of sense to me, so im going to spend the day grinding them with a measure of discipline, inshallah.

off topic:
    That’s all made ETFs wildly popular for “passive” investing, but has kept most active managers tethered to the mutual fund structure. The new non-transparent ETFs try to offer a happy medium: they allow active managers to mask their strategies,while keeping the pricing of the fund liquid enough that it can be traded throughout the day.

On Thursday, the Securities and Exchange Commission gave its blessing to a wave of companies, including asset managers like T. Rowe Price and Fidelity, to use their own versions of the products in their own funds, and to a company called Blue Tractor, which will license its version, Shielded Alpha, to asset managers. That follows an initial approval, in May, for a company called Precidian to offer its “ActiveShares” product to asset manager licensees.
    cool so the exact thing that made CDO tranches radioactive volcanos is now institutionalized?

this is going to go great.

Load Metric
    Investors fleeing to the safety of blue chips like Proctor & Gamble and Tesla

Comments

sonatine: supercoge

tony bagadonuts: clever

Load Metric
    zerohedge got thrown off twitter. anyone know why?

Comments

OSA: I bet Guliani does...am i right or am i right?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    As i said a few weeks back.... I hate this move. It’s a shit way way overvalued company at this point. But you can’t posibly short it at this point. Buy and hold until it breaks. Momo is in charge.

Markets can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent.

If I had insider information that the Fed was going to end QE4 (orwhatever we are up to) Ithis would be the stock Id short.

Sticking by all of this. This security is a bankruptcy waiting to happen.

Can’t even think about selling it. Might hit 1000.

Thread Information