Page 33 of 144 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast

Thread: ELON MUSK IS GOD

Load Metric
    3m just eliminated 1500 positions.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Based on options they're saying Tesla likely to sway +/- 12-15% after earnings.

I'm hoping for -15% sorry guys. I got out half yesterday but not looking great here today.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Based on options they're saying Tesla likely to sway +/- 12-15% after earnings.

I'm hoping for -15% sorry guys. I got out half yesterday but not looking great here today.
    I absolutely expect -15%. Numbers are numbers and model 3 saturation isnt getting offset by China sales. Long term, nothing has changed. Solar + model Y + China sales + Germany sales are going to be extremely positive elements. But short term? Should be a bloodbath because the big fish buy/sell on whats happening now, not whats happening next quarter.

But as San pointed out, this is now a memestock. Its the new bitcoin. So you have fanboys who might not even give a shit about numbers saying OOO CHINA Q2? *BUY*.

But ultimately I think the whales are going to care about the numbers. Im going to roll the dice on -15% personally.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    btw I have a lot riding on fb stock going ham after their earnings report. should be very positive news.

Load Metric
    Fascinated to follow your foray into trading. You’re a relentless vacuum cleaner of info.

I just want to suggest that you loosen the tether between price and fundamentals. There is an element of art involved. Poker?

Ughhh. Sorry

France and Germany just went negative with rates. Oil looks like it’ll free fall. Stock market is @ ATH. See? Dichotomy - but not to you and me.

Aside:
    I don’t know where you are in your own personal product cycle. Consider this. Do a little bit of utilities. It’s so old fashioned but everything old is new again. You get a nice return of a couple of percent. Utilities use some of that soft money to grease local legislators and annual rate increases are smooth as silk. No worries.

Just stay out of lunatic markets like California and I’ll be immortal in your thoughts.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Fascinated to follow your foray into trading. You’re a relentless vacuum cleaner of info.

I just want to suggest that you loosen the tether between price and fundamentals. There is an element of art involved. Poker?

Ughhh. Sorry

France and Germany just went negative with rates. Oil looks like it’ll free fall. Stock market is @ ATH. See? Dichotomy - but not to you and me.

Aside:
    I don’t know where you are in your own personal product cycle. Consider this. Do a little bit of utilities. It’s so old fashioned but everything old is new again. You get a nice return of a couple of percent. Utilities use some of that soft money to grease local legislators and annual rate increases are smooth as silk. No worries.

Just stay out of lunatic markets like California and I’ll be immortal in your thoughts.

so, one thing i can say point blank; im getting off ally and onto td ameritrade. things... dont make sense on ally. i dusted a few grand this morning when their site went offline, thats just for fuckin starters, but there is a huge disconnect between stock price and option value and its not making sense to me, and i feel like getting onto an established platform like thinkorswim is going to make day trading a whole lot more straight forward.

at that point ill feel a bit more comfortable with my sweat equity calculations because right now, things arent adding up.

in other news tsla hit a huge rush about 30 minutes ago and went vertical and i can find any good fucking reason for it. none. 'germany sales through the roof' is meaningless from a dollars perspective and im staying super focused on stock movement right now because we are approaching that magic twilight before earnings reports where The People Who Know are making insider info money plays.

so yeah on the one hand the stock going up is fucking odd, on the other hand it could be anything... pure stock manipulation, or a major fund deciding they were tired of getting burnt by logic and making a play based on irrational exuberance. flip a coin?

but yeah tomorrows going to be interesting huh. ive never been more confused, personally.

Comments

tony bagadonuts: Thinkorswim FTW

Diamond
    Load Metric
    This is the time you get back on the weed train. CGC is going to rebound big next 3 months.

Pot and Shake Shack. Beautiful combo.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    This is the time you get back on the weed train. CGC is going to rebound big next 3 months.

fuck it, lets party.

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-01-28 at 3.51.40 PM.png
Views: 596
Size:  28.4 KB

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I like this Degen version of 'tine...

welcome to the club!

may I interest you in another thread on PFA...

https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...ing-thread-***

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

fuck it, lets party.

This means you purchased the right to buy 10 shares of CGC for $1.60 until it expires at Feb 21st for 24 bucks a share

Asking for a friend

Platinum
    Load Metric

fuck it, lets party.

This means you purchased the right to buy 10 shares of CGC for $1.60 until it expires at Feb 21st for 24 bucks a share

Asking for a friend
    he bought the right to buy 1000 shares (10 contracts * 100 shares/contract) at $24 for $1.60.

Comments

sonatine: gamble gamble

Load Metric

fuck it, lets party.

Asking for a friend
    Dont' get involved in options, buddy. Leave it to the Sonatines of the world

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SPIT this View Post

Asking for a friend
    Dont' get involved in options, buddy. Leave it to the Sonatines of the world

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

Asking for a friend
    he bought the right to buy 1000 shares (10 contracts * 100 shares/contract) at $24 for $1.60.
    This seems like a lot better play than just flat out buying. Does the price adjust based on the amount of the call option? Like If I wanted to buy it @ 26 or something?

Platinum
    Load Metric

This seems like a lot better play than just flat out buying. Does the price adjust based on the amount of the call option? Like If I wanted to buy it @ 26 or something?
    yeah, I would guess the 26s are probably like 0.70-0.80 per option...

just be aware that the value of these things will accelerate to the downside the closer to the 21st that it gets if they are still out of the money...

Name:  Theta_Picture1.jpg
Views: 606
Size:  22.9 KB

Comments

sonatine: yup, this

Load Metric

basically the upsides = you can buy a lot more options for a lot less money. also youre only risking the amount of the contracts. so my contract cost me $1.60 * 100 * 10 = $1600 basically, which is the absolute maximum i can lose regardless of how the stock performs. also i can bail at any point, so if it drops to $23 and im getting nervous, i can dump it and recover some of that buy-in.

downside = its a decaying asset; as the contract matures, it becomes worth less and less, eventually scaling to 0 value at its expiration date if it trades down or sideways.

also if the stock declines in value, that $1600 purchase price can evaporate fuckin fast.

but yeah if you math it the fuck up, you can basically execute trades with 100% guarantee of profit by essentially making multiple hedges using calls/puts. obviously the profit margin diminishes and on a $1600 lolplay theres no real point in trying to hack out $16 profit when im going to pay more than that on commissions, but when youre gambling with seven figure bankrolls and can afford to really do homework, you know, those 1% guaranteed profit plays add up.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    So lets say in 1 week it passes $24 and gets to $26. You had a chance to buy it but pass and it continues to climb to $28. Now the contract is worth a lot more than $1600 correct?

Would anyone say "Meh, I don't want to buy the option and decide to just take the difference from the value of the contract, even if it was at like $28 a share?" I guess you would have to do the math between what youd profit off that contract vs the difference of the share price now vs the start?

Load Metric
    So lets say in 1 week it passes $24 and gets to $26. You had a chance to buy it but pass and it continues to climb to $28. Now the contract is worth a lot more than $1600 correct?

Would anyone say "Meh, I don't want to buy the option and decide to just take the difference from the value of the contract, even if it was at like $28 a share?" I guess you would have to do the math between what youd profit off that contract vs the difference of the share price now vs the start?

im going to let someone who knows answer. like i have suspicions on how this equity is calculated and its not 1-for-1 but i also have seen way too many fuckbids that cost me money every goddamned time so ill wait and find out from a subject matter expert here.

Load Metric
    CURALEAF for the win if you want to be long in a pot stock. Ultimately America will be in on the federal level and this is where you want to be. Do your own research and see if you don't arrive at the same conclusion. I'm not buying CGC. CURLF actually grosses more than they do and you have never heard of it. Let that sink in before you hit BUY.

You are all welcome in advance.

Load Metric

im going to let someone who knows answer. like i have suspicions on how this equity is calculated and its not 1-for-1 but i also have seen way too many fuckbids that cost me money every goddamned time so ill wait and find out from a subject matter expert here.
    The exchanges are run by Jews. Start there. But to answer you, yes, they slowly take the juice out of it as it rises until it is so deep in the money that you are even w/ the stock. Problem is you are now likely too deep in case something goes wrong and are always against the clock. Option market makers are the worst.

Comments

sonatine: thank you

Thread Information