Page 28 of 144 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast

Thread: ELON MUSK IS GOD

Load Metric
    “as my mistakes bloom”.

If that little Puerto Rican could write a hit musical about some dead statesman you are a lock to get a Netflix development deal at a minimum for Musk.

You want a market that is deep not thin like after hours. You go out at night alone and you’ll get robbed. The spread is tough enough oftentimes during the day with options.

Even more important (and all bull shit aside) watch after hours shares grade whilst listening to a tech conference call. It’s a roller coaster as each topic is addressed. Wild swings sometimes. GBCP would likely compare it to Czech tennis live wagering.

That’s kinda why you are going to make your bet and let the little white ball settle on a number and live with the results the next morning.

I have often sat in my dark room after what I thought was a disastrous earnings call. I tallied my probable losses and did the calculus on what life will be like in a mobile home. The sick sick feeling of spewing money.

The next morning the stock pops. It’s happened.

Your making a bet. If news is bad you lose. If you don’t want to accept the risk then bail. After hours access isn’t really a strategy to prevent pain.

Comments

sonatine: words of cogeness
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 01-18-2020 at 07:45 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    “as my mistakes bloom”.

If that little Puerto Rican could write a hit musical about some dead statesman you are a lock to get a Netflix development deal at a minimum for Musk.

You want a market that is deep not thin like after hours. You go out at night alone and you’ll get robbed. The spread is tough enough oftentimes during the day with options.

Even more important (and all bull shit aside) watch after hours shares grade whilst listening to a tech conference call. It’s a roller coaster as each topic is addressed. Wild swings sometimes. GBCP would likely compare it to Czech tennis live wagering.

That’s kinda why you are going to make your bet and let the little white ball settle on a number and live with the results the next morning.

I have often sat in my dark room after what I thought was a disastrous earnings call. I tallied my probable losses and did the calculus on what life will be like in a mobile home. The sick sick feeling of spewing money.

The next morning the stock pops. It’s happened.

Your making a bet. If news is bad you lose. If you don’t want to accept the risk then bail. After hours access isn’t really a strategy to prevent pain.

literally exactly what happened on the last call iirc.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

youre good to go there...believe post market closes at like 7pm...

again don't quote me on the options shit, but I actually think there is mostly human interaction with those so the market makers are used to going home at 4 so the options markets close then...with stocks I think the volume done by humans these days is relatively minimal so they can just leave the computers plugged in and humming until 7PM...

there are some ETFs that trade 24/5 like SPY and QQQ, but don't think any individual stocks trade 24/5...

i mean, you can watch the movement of tsla after 4pm, its drastic and ends at around 7:59pm every weekday.

so far i cant find a lot of online brokers that dont shut down their live trading at 4pm. its frustrating because, for example, every fucking tsla quarterly report they deliberately avoid any topics of substance until 4:01pm basically, so i get to sit there and watch in mute horror as my mistakes bloom.
    you sure about this? I don't trade straight equities, but thought that places like TD, schwab, Etrade allowed after hours equity trading as long as you had enough capital to do so...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

i mean, you can watch the movement of tsla after 4pm, its drastic and ends at around 7:59pm every weekday.

so far i cant find a lot of online brokers that dont shut down their live trading at 4pm. its frustrating because, for example, every fucking tsla quarterly report they deliberately avoid any topics of substance until 4:01pm basically, so i get to sit there and watch in mute horror as my mistakes bloom.
    you sure about this? I don't trade straight equities, but thought that places like TD, schwab, Etrade allowed after hours equity trading as long as you had enough capital to do so...

it might be a level 3 thing...?

but check this out: https://www.tdameritrade.com/tools-a...s-trading.page

also im sure about absolutely nothing, make no mistake. but ive done the google thing trying to figure this out and wow is it not paying off.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

Diamond
    Load Metric

This means 11% gain on Monday, yes?

Comments

sonatine: lol why not

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post

No. Good news like this means a 7% drop Monday.

Comments

sonatine: coge

Load Metric

rip shorts

Load Metric
    lets get that bread.

Load Metric

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

No. Good news like this means a 7% drop Monday.
    Fake Meat is up 8% as well. Might hop on again soon

Comments

sonatine:

Load Metric

Load Metric
    You’re prolly chasing Build-A-Bear Workshop too amirite?

With a ticker like BBW it’s like a sign

Not saying it’s wrong cause I don’t judge

Beanie Babies never die

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    You’re prolly chasing Build-A-Bear Workshop too amirite?

With a ticker like BBW it’s like a sign

Not saying it’s wrong cause I don’t judge

Beanie Babies never die
    made 2 potentially interesting plays today. sold all my tsla and bought a 12 monthish call option @ 580.

also had a 320 put option on BA which i gave up on an hour before it dropped $20. a lesson was learned, hopefully, regarding patience and discipline.

Load Metric
    couple more interesting elements to toss into the irrational exuberance cocktail we've been slurping...:

shanghai gigafactory is about to add a 2nd shift

~and~

tesla just inked a deal to sell cars in michigan.

Load Metric
    lol blew up to 555 just because.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    600 a share by the Superbowl?

Load Metric
    im pretty sure some bitcoin whale is just gassing up tsla to piss off everyone insisting on approaching this companies value rationally.

Load Metric
    600 a share by the Superbowl?

its not clear to me why there wouldnt be a huge pullback after the earnings call on the 29th but if we some how skate on that, it feels like a fuckin lock.

Load Metric
    Uber is up 8% today. Might want to be careful. Everybody with a Chase Sapphire Reserve is about to switch to Lyft

Thread Information