Page 21 of 144 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast

Thread: ELON MUSK IS GOD

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

forget everything i said.

every rapper and basketball player on earth is going to be styling one of these.

"Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    so, some legitimate clouds on the horizon:

a guys camera just went dead and suddenly a ton of functionality went offline on his tesla. thats bad.

same guy reported that hes seen a broken supercharger station and another that had a fucked up plug. thats also extremely bad, potentially. because if tesla cant maintain its infrastructure (read: cant afford to maintain its infrastructure), we end up with kind of a broken window theory situation where the rot spreads.

so yeah if i see any curious dips in the next days/weeks, i might call it a win and go to ground with my profits until things stabilize. or i might not because yolo. but yeah, not some shit i wanted to read today.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric

a guys camera just went dead and suddenly a ton of functionality went offline on his tesla. thats bad.

same guy reported that hes seen a broken supercharger station and another that had a fucked up plug. thats also extremely bad, potentially. because if tesla cant maintain its infrastructure (read: cant afford to maintain its infrastructure), we end up with kind of a broken window theory situation where the rot spreads.

so yeah if i see any curious dips in the next days/weeks, i might call it a win and go to ground with my profits until things stabilize. or i might not because yolo. but yeah, not some shit i wanted to read today.
    Just some mindset commentary/advice that you can take or leave. Nothing wrong with taking some profits, especially since the stock has had an unbelievable run.

The time to take profits though would be now, not AFTER a dip. If you still believe in your bull thesis dips should be buying opportunities, not selling triggers.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Just some mindset commentary/advice that you can take or leave. Nothing wrong with taking some profits, especially since the stock has had an unbelievable run.

The time to take profits though would be now, not AFTER a dip. If you still believe in your bull thesis dips should be buying opportunities, not selling triggers.

as always i appreciate your feedback, there is much to consider here.

my bull thesis is largely predicated on tesla being able to maintain their infrastructure. so this is kind of a new territory situation for me, plus im still collecting data obviously. eg; the guy reporting the broken shit is on a cross country trip, meaning hes passing through a lot of rural areas where people could/would be inclined to kill a sixer of schlitz and epoxy a supercharger plug for lulz. but i do feel bullish and emotionally id rather see my profits vanish than book a small win and miss out on the next sky run, especially since i consider tesla potentially well positioned to resist a broader market correction... as opposed for example to AAPL which seems particularly bloated and a perfect example of a stock thats going to get crushed when the bubble bursts.

but yeah, just thinking out loud really, pretty sure im still on the train.

Load Metric
    36.78% Nasdaq Comp 52 week

36.14% TSLA 52 week

Underachiever prone to mood swings.

Both numbers are insane in the context of say, historical reality.

I suggest you schedule a retreat to the desert for a week to disengage from the daily noise and contemplate the larger picture. You will find the results fascinating and frightening

Bags profit taking is sage. A human involved in a typical security would set a stop and let his winners run but the folks running this pit game know this and will rinse you out cause, well, they can.

I didn’t read the story about the tech failure but it’s interesting which stories get traction when. It’s a read on who is getting the upper hand in the market at the moment. That type of noise might have been ignored 3 weeks ago?

Lotsa luck

Comments

tony bagadonuts: Ignoring the noise rep

sonatine: always sound advice
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 12-29-2019 at 11:18 AM.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

as always i appreciate your feedback, there is much to consider here.

my bull thesis is largely predicated on tesla being able to maintain their infrastructure. so this is kind of a new territory situation for me, plus im still collecting data obviously. eg; the guy reporting the broken shit is on a cross country trip, meaning hes passing through a lot of rural areas where people could/would be inclined to kill a sixer of schlitz and epoxy a supercharger plug for lulz. but i do feel bullish and emotionally id rather see my profits vanish than book a small win and miss out on the next sky run, especially since i consider tesla potentially well positioned to resist a broader market correction... as opposed for example to AAPL which seems particularly bloated and a perfect example of a stock thats going to get crushed when the bubble bursts.

but yeah, just thinking out loud really, pretty sure im still on the train.
    I wouldn't worry too much about anecdotal accounts of problems here or there. If widespread issues arise that's a different story.

You could always pare your holdings by 10-25% and take some profits that way while still maintaining your core position.

Load Metric
    Sonatine found that story using his Tor browser

Load Metric
    i feel like if (IF) i was going to try to be in one of the first lifeboats once the iceberg hits, id need to get in line way before the infrastructure issues 'trend'. because the sharps are going to have the inside line on all this way before i do.

but honestly at the end of the day im just being dramatic; im emotionally at peace with writing off the entirety of the funds i have sunk into tsla, and in the vast majority of scenarios i get the bulk of my investment out long before. i just hate the idea of hanging ten on this insane anomaly only to lose it all because i hesitated. obviously thats a sailors life tho.

Load Metric
    White hot Schlitz reference there boomer

Comments

sonatine: ayyyyyeee dios mios

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    tony & tine, i'll spell it out for you, AGAIN, cause it appears i have to

i don't care about the stock price, and i'm not an elon hater

i hope he accomplishes everything he's set out to, but if you think tesla's books aren't cooked, well, you are 10x more delusional than anyone at /tslaq

ok thats wild because the sec just went over those books and didnt stop scouring his life until they interviewed the rapper who crashed at his house one weekend to record with his girlfriend and to the best of my knowledge found exactly fuckall beyond a few halfbaked stoner jokes on twitter.

so i guess ultimately i owe you an apology; youre clearly smarter than me, tony, our 28% profits, a writer at forbes, and the justice department AND sec, who have placed not one but two independent directors on the board to ferret out the filthy corruption that no one appears able to find but you.
    do you have any receipts for these statements, like the fact the SEC went over their books THIS YEAR, or that they appointed their own independent board members? cause much like your "i'm buying a model Y, L, M N, O, P, oh but i changed my mind, but maybe didnt", i think they are made up

but congrats on the hundreds of dollars you supposedly have made on your "tesla stock"

and larry ellison not selling his stock is a non story, for many reasons
    Hi Lew!!!

Load Metric

ok thats wild because the sec just went over those books and didnt stop scouring his life until they interviewed the rapper who crashed at his house one weekend to record with his girlfriend and to the best of my knowledge found exactly fuckall beyond a few halfbaked stoner jokes on twitter.

so i guess ultimately i owe you an apology; youre clearly smarter than me, tony, our 28% profits, a writer at forbes, and the justice department AND sec, who have placed not one but two independent directors on the board to ferret out the filthy corruption that no one appears able to find but you.
    do you have any receipts for these statements, like the fact the SEC went over their books THIS YEAR, or that they appointed their own independent board members? cause much like your "i'm buying a model Y, L, M N, O, P, oh but i changed my mind, but maybe didnt", i think they are made up

but congrats on the hundreds of dollars you supposedly have made on your "tesla stock"

good to see you desperately expanding the scope of your delusion when the first attempts didnt work out, otherwise i might have been worried. keep making me money kid.

Load Metric

good to see you desperately expanding the scope of your delusion when the first attempts didnt work out, otherwise i might have been worried. keep making me money kid.
    NO RECEIPTS

got it
    Hi Lew!!!

Load Metric
    imagine if apple's 2013 bid at 240 a share had been accepted...

https://www.inc.com/bill-murphy-jr/a...ew-report.html

Load Metric
    wowww tsla just got its dick shot off by that bullshit cowen hot take, which cnbc conveniently amplified for no good reason at all.

Load Metric
    I've owned muscle cars in the 80's, and still own an early 90's Japanese sports car. 1991 twin turbo Nissan 300zx with just a few modifications. Not my daily driver though.

I remember the first Tesla before Elon... kinda blah and didn't want one. Electric cars were dull mostly.
    But seriously, I'd have one now in a heartbeat for a daily driver and probably never drive the 300zx again.

I just priced one. AUD$197,900 drive away after tax.

Too much cash.

Name:  tesla.JPG
Views: 1973
Size:  84.2 KB

Load Metric
    the model X/S are really very much for the 'if you have to ask you cant afford it' crowd.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post
    I've owned muscle cars in the 80's, and still own an early 90's Japanese sports car. 1991 twin turbo Nissan 300zx with just a few modifications. Not my daily driver though.

I remember the first Tesla before Elon... kinda blah and didn't want one. Electric cars were dull mostly.
    But seriously, I'd have one now in a heartbeat for a daily driver and probably never drive the 300zx again.

Too much cash.

Muscle cars were inexpensive power in the 60’s.

The 1966 Plymouth Satellite 426 Hemi could run a 13.8-second quarter mile at 104 mph (167 km/h) and had a base price of $3,850.[49]
    That’s $30,416.57 today

Buyers discovered a magical options box for minuscule $ (accidents really) that redefined the secretary’s car. Fascinating times.

Work that for a few days as it applies to Tesla. The flip (if it ever comes) will be volume. With volume comes improved profit (if that ever comes). Specifically, it needs to be an offering appealing to the masses. I believe Tesla is moving in that direction in a linear way.

There occurs periods were nobody buys cars of any kind. There used to be big time rebates in desperate times. It’s a period of cleansing - and deep pockets to survive the lean times

We will see.

Comments

Salty_Aus: How much will you give me for a kidney?
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 12-30-2019 at 09:14 AM.

Load Metric

Too much cash.

I had a 87 300zx in high school and college. Loved that car. Wish I still had it. Don’t ever sell yours!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post

Too much cash.

I had a 87 300zx in high school and college. Loved that car. Wish I still had it. Don’t ever sell yours!
    Loved the 87 model back in the day but they've not aged well.

Mine is mint. 70,000 miles and black leather... not overly mollested.
    3 inch x-pipe exhaust, bigger intercoolers, pod filter and underdrive pulley. Makes nearly 400hp at 12PSI turbo boost... and some schmick 3 piece alloys.

One of the rare cars I've owned that is going up in value in the last few years.
    I'll probably never sell it.
    Name:  SAM_0073.JPG
Views: 1023
Size:  4.91 MB

Comments

Tellafriend: Righteous

Sanlmar: Mint

Load Metric

Too much cash.

Porsche’s performance electric is still faster from 0-30 MPH and slightly faster/comparable from 0-60 MPH.

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Thread Information