Page 20 of 144 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast

Thread: ELON MUSK IS GOD

Load Metric
    We were talking about Hitler and how old I was.

The “people’s car”.

If you examine the progression of models introduced - 1st sports car, 2nd high end ... then progressively less expensive more mundane offerings.....

Well, you come to appreciate as he scales up he is ultimately going to be in a position to do that “transportation appliance”.

He could network the “car-lets” into some ride sharing offering hosted by Tesla and take a skim with like zero fucking overhead and put a serious dent in Uber/Lyft

Just musing ... could I be wrong? Nah.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

The “people’s car”.

If you examine the progression of models introduced - 1st sports car, 2nd high end ... then progressively less expensive more mundane offerings.....

Well, you come to appreciate as he scales up he is ultimately going to be in a position to do that “transportation appliance”.

He could network the “car-lets” into some ride sharing offering hosted by Tesla and take a skim with like zero fucking overhead and put a serious dent in Uber/Lyft

im not a fan of the taxi/ride share concept here because its a very intimate thing to spend 65k on what is essentially something adults buy for themselves as a gift more than anything else. plus the tech is a long way off.

but if it could generate say, $2000 a month whilst i rip blunts and play god of war over and over again, then suddenly it has my attention.

someone described tesla (obviously referring to the cars, not energy departments..) as a potential amazon of transportation, i think thats coge.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

The “people’s car”.

im not a fan of the taxi/ride share concept here because its a very intimate thing to spend 65k on what is essentially something adults buy for themselves as a gift more than anything else. plus the tech is a long way off.

but if it could generate say, $2000 a month whilst i rip blunts and play god of war over and over again, then suddenly it has my attention.

someone described tesla (obviously referring to the cars, not energy departments..) as a potential amazon of transportation, i think thats coge.
    My point was the Tesla migration to inexpensive high volume offerings. Historically, this is how automakers become empires. Just saying.

The landscape is replete with beautiful high end offerings that were bought at auction by Fiat Volkswagen etc. for ex: Ferrari, Porsche, Bentley. I could go on all day. Economies wax and wane and the brands that rely on luxury offerings can’t weather the storm.

The folk who will purchase the little one motor appliance don’t care about vehicles. Like you, they are automotive heathens in my eyes but they exist. The automotive un-washed are the majority. Sell to them profitably and you win.

Vehicle sharing hosted by Tesla software with all the software genius and possibly driverless vehicle fetching. Good lord. It’s a never ending post sale gravy train.

Literally, every human can own a car for almost nothing.

Load Metric
    i feel like trying to measure tesla using the traditional automotive yardsticks is a mistake.

its like trying to anticipate the failure of the iphone based on models from POTS / ma bell days.

there is a lot more to tesla than cars, and the cars that it make are literally like comparing iphones to this:

also, $412 a share at opening bell.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    huge pullback so i increased my position 35% at 402.20.

also,

Load Metric

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Tesla 420

Musk twitter: Woah the stock is so high

Comments

sonatine: High: 420.40

tony bagadonuts:

MumblesBadly: Did Tine miss the cultural reference in his need to be Spock-like precise?

Diamond
    Load Metric

Comments

sonatine: coge

Load Metric

someone joked that apple was going to buy them and tbh it felt a bit on the nose.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

someone joked that apple was going to buy them and tbh it felt a bit on the nose.
    A company buying back their stock at this point in the cycle is funny too

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Deliveries begin in China for units manufactured in the Shanghai gigafactory today. Construction began in December of 2018.

He fucking did it, in 2019.

Quite a feat.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post
    Deliveries begin in China for units manufactured in the Shanghai gigafactory today. Construction began in December of 2018.

Quite a feat.

Plus, China's Ministry of Industry just gave them a 'made in China' tax exemption.

:train

Load Metric

Quite a feat.
    especially incredible considering he did it without the help of the 4 CFO's, 3 General Counselors, and 37 of his top engineers who have all quit in the last year

tony and tine must have been huge fans of enron and mci worldcom
    Hi Lew!!!

Load Metric
    when larry ellison dumps his 3,000,000 shares of tsla, ill be more concerned with willie's /r/tslaq spicy takes.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post

Quite a feat.
    especially incredible considering he did it without the help of the 4 CFO's, 3 General Counselors, and 37 of his top engineers who have all quit in the last year

Still clinging to your bear thesis Will? That's cute. When TSLA gets to a $250b market cap will you still be singing the same sad song?

Load Metric

Still clinging to your bear thesis Will? That's cute. When TSLA gets to a $250b market cap will you still be singing the same sad song?

related:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/enrique...ll-notsee/amp/

obviously will is much smarter than some random writer for forbes but for plebes like you and i and my 29% gains in the last like 90 days, its interesting reading.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Anyone ever do LEAPS...seems like a good stock whether you are bullish or bearish

Load Metric
    tony & tine, i'll spell it out for you, AGAIN, cause it appears i have to

i don't care about the stock price, and i'm not an elon hater

i hope he accomplishes everything he's set out to, but if you think tesla's books aren't cooked, well, you are 10x more delusional than anyone at /tslaq
    Hi Lew!!!

Load Metric
    tony & tine, i'll spell it out for you, AGAIN, cause it appears i have to

i don't care about the stock price, and i'm not an elon hater

i hope he accomplishes everything he's set out to, but if you think tesla's books aren't cooked, well, you are 10x more delusional than anyone at /tslaq

ok thats wild because the sec just went over those books and didnt stop scouring his life until they interviewed the rapper who crashed at his house one weekend to record with his girlfriend and to the best of my knowledge found exactly fuckall beyond a few halfbaked stoner jokes on twitter.

so i guess ultimately i owe you an apology; youre clearly smarter than me, tony, our 28% profits, a writer at forbes, and the justice department AND sec, who have placed not one but two independent directors on the board to ferret out the filthy corruption that no one appears able to find but you.

Comments

tony bagadonuts: I have nothing more to add

Thread Information