Page 139 of 144 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,780 of 2869

Thread: ELON MUSK IS GOD

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post

wow you have great hindsight you must be a trillion air. some one so "savoy" must have bought BITCOIN @ $11 and sold when it hit $20k....too LOL instead of spending 6 years predicting its ultimate demise. still waiting for this to happen. lot of dumb fucks hated Micon so much it costed them millions.

its easy to talk shit and act like a financal genius when you know all the answers and outcomes. Would love to hear your next prediction of x 500%-1800% profit ??
    Ill predict gold will be close to $4,5 k per oz with in 8 years.

gold being a good investment when you get close to retirement is completely wrong and exactly the opposite. gold has always been a very long term investment and individuals with moderate finances who speculate gold on day to day prices are certainly doing it wrong.

lol #bigshots

Jesus. Someone missed the point entirely.
    This is was unfortunate. He has been candid. Daly has admitted HODL’ing his 401k for instance.

Comments

Baron Von Strucker: you can also shoot a target with a shot gun and get every bit of it too. pick 100 stocks at least one will do good but the rest are worthless shit

Daly: So many offsets

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

wow you have great hindsight you must be a trillion air. some one so "savoy" must have bought BITCOIN @ $11 and sold when it hit $20k....too LOL instead of spending 6 years predicting its ultimate demise. still waiting for this to happen. lot of dumb fucks hated Micon so much it costed them millions.

its easy to talk shit and act like a financal genius when you know all the answers and outcomes. Would love to hear your next prediction of x 500%-1800% profit ??
    Ill predict gold will be close to $4,5 k per oz with in 8 years.

gold being a good investment when you get close to retirement is completely wrong and exactly the opposite. gold has always been a very long term investment and individuals with moderate finances who speculate gold on day to day prices are certainly doing it wrong.

lol #bigshots

Jesus. Someone missed the point entirely.

it should be clear why the serious money discussion takes place in a certain unassuming other thread.

Comments

Baron Von Strucker: lol serious money. you talk out of your ass with hind sight and get that wrong. You tout yourself as a renaissance man but in reality you are just a shit talking know it all. you will be waiting tables at spaghetti factory with in a year.

Sanlmar: social distancing

Daly: Offset
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Name:  0D21EE46-823C-4EF8-A72E-647C1DE42D26.jpeg
Views: 1365
Size:  131.3 KB

Comments

Baron Von Strucker: Sonotine’s personal ass licker. You look like such a idiot chasing him around like a lonely ginger

Daly: Offset

OSA: I like the sass by the German

Load Metric
    Baron Von Strucker: you must be talking about your self here. your point reads as your pretending to be a big brain smarty

Your point reads like someone who bought Gold in 2011 and didn’t change course. Not sure what the issue is here. Gold bricked hard for the last decade in a period where it should have flourished. That was the only point. It’s not wrong.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

First, because that is not going to happen.

Second, because gold is stupid. For a medium of exchange to work, it has to be in sufficient supply, easily transferable and widely accepted. Gold is none of these things. Hold whatever asset you want, if the trust in the system and its participants breaks down, it will be worthless.
    gold in vancouver is easy to get and easy to sell... https://www.vbce.ca

A few reasons to get gold If it is available, gold is better in bullion instead of paper as there is a high chance that there is not enough gold to reconcile the paper.... that being said it has always been a good very long term investment historically, rarly loses a lot of value even in the worst of times such as now.
    In Canada at least there is NO TAXES on bullion profits.

It is safer than some volatile currency at the moment IMO

its never wrong to have 5 or 10 oz of gold in the safe deposit box.
    Can you walk into any business there and purchase goods and services with gold?

If not it's all well and good to hold some gold as an asset class for investment as long as you don't rely on it too heavily, but you still have to convert it to legal tender to do anything with the value it represents. So you are still depending on the stability of the system and the government's currency.

My issue isn't with gold as an investment, though I personally don't think it's a good investment. My issue is with the people saying it's protection against the collapse of currency or general socioeconomic breakdown. It isn't.
    Last edited by Walter Sobchak; 04-12-2020 at 03:01 PM.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    hey can anyone remember a single economy in the history of civilization that has ever successfully stopped QE once it started?
    The one you live in right now.

Load Metric
    hey can anyone remember a single economy in the history of civilization that has ever successfully stopped QE once it started?

when did we start QE then stop it?

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

The Fed stopped buying assets under its 2008-10 QE program in about 2014 if I recall. Since then the balance sheet has tapered off due to maturing debt and some private buybacks.

Load Metric

The Fed stopped buying assets under its 2008-10 QE program in about 2014 if I recall. Since then the balance sheet has tapered off due to maturing debt and some private buybacks.

Interesting, thank you.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    quick reminder:

Load Metric
    Well, now you know:

Prediction For "Unprecedented" Recovery Lifts Stocks Off Their Lows

Stocks pulled back yesterday, but finished off their lows.

As it becomes clear the worst of the outbreak is behind us, the focus remains on opening up the economy.

It will likely be on a rolling basis. Lesser hit states will likely go first, with harder hit states going last or opening up to a lesser degree.

Guidelines are expected to be issued soon. And the administration is expected to work hand in hand with the governors.

While that still means being locked down for another couple of weeks, it's great to know we're getting closer.

We got some bank earnings yesterday, and as expected, they weren't pretty. But hardly a shocker.

Retail sales were down as well, falling by -8.7%. Basic goods were up, but were dragged down by food services, gasoline, and auto sales. Although, I must say, while it fell greater than expected (the consensus was for a -7.3% decline), I thought it was a decent showing, all things considered.

Mortgage Applications were up 7.3% overall. The Purchase Index was off by -2.0%, but Refi's jumped by 10%.

The Empire State Manufacturing Survey showed the General Business Conditions Index falling to -78.2 vs. last month's -21.5 and views for -35.0. But like most of the other reports, none of this was a surprise. And we all know why this is happening.

That's probably why nobody really batted an eye at the Goldman Sachs report that said the global economic drop will be 4x worse than the financial crisis of 2008.

But it's important to remember, this was not a bubble. There wasn't a structural economic problem. This is because governments around the world shut down their economies and asked people to stay home in an effort to slow the spread of the coronavirus. So of course the economic numbers are bad. But it's all short-term. And the drop in stocks already reflected that.

However, the part of the Goldman report that isn't getting as much airtime is the part where they say the recovery in the second half will be "unprecedented" and that they expect stocks to fully recover by year's end.

And it looks like more and more people are expecting that too.

But don't wait for the second half before getting back in. The market is forward looking. If one is expecting a full recovery in the second half, the time to get in is now.

The bear market has already officially ended for the all of the major indexes, and a new bull market is underway.

And it looks like it could get even better with the start of earnings season having just begun.

Since stocks typically go up during earnings season, that's adding even more excitement to the market. And it's not uncommon to see individual stocks soar 10%, 15%, or even 20% or more in one day after an earnings report.

The key is getting into the right stocks.

If you want to learn how to potentially find big winners this earnings season BEFORE they report, be sure to read our latest commentary...

Best Way to Make Money on Earnings Surprises

Best,

Kevin Matras
    Executive Vice President, Zacks Investment Research

Comments

Baron Von Strucker: good article rep

Diamond
    Load Metric
    With this amazing run up Amazon has had this past week(18% and counting so far), can we expect this to continue once earnings come out next week?

I mean, Amazon has had to SLOW DOWN peoples purchasing power and efforts on their site to handle all the incoming orders.

Interesting.

Load Metric
    quick reminder:

cool my first mem ever

won't be poor for long i put all my cash on your stock picks and just waiting for the loot to role in. Keep those picks coming.
    side note: glad i didn't pick up those gold stocks they're up a bit but obv there ultimate doom is coming soon rite?
    Bitcoin is in full nose dive too, Micon will have to sell his jet soon.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    quick reminder:
    cool my first mem ever

won't be poor for long i put all my cash on your stock picks and just waiting for the loot to role in. Keep those picks coming.
    side note: glad i didn't pick up those gold stocks they're up a bit but obv there ultimate doom is coming soon rite?

its interesting to watch gold futures scale with unemployment. it was totally disconnected from pretty much everything else but UI numbers caught its attention. this is something i intend to make money on.

Load Metric
    cool my first mem ever

its interesting to watch gold futures scale with unemployment. it was totally disconnected from pretty much everything else but UI numbers caught its attention. this is something i intend to make money on.
    This recent fall in gold is the best thing in the world technically speaking. It’s consilidating and is ready to
    Breakout to 1900 on most people’s charts.

Not sure I’d plan to own it long term but this is a good trade ready to happen.

Load Metric
    No fucking way you cunts stick with your sneaker and widget stocks.
    Fucking dinks probably test positive for the gold fever and fuck everything up.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    so im thinking of scalping futures options because im a fucking degenerate, and im seeing vegas in the 1.0 to 1.3 range and i dont understand because vega on stock options are like .05 to .15 range generally.

is there a sane logic at bar that im not seeing or are these just unregulated scumbags setting trap-options that are guaranteed to burst into flames screaming every time the vix moves?

also whats with these fucking spreads?

tia.
    Last edited by sonatine; 04-18-2020 at 05:57 AM.

Load Metric
    so im thinking of scalping futures options because im a fucking degenerate, and im seeing vegas in the 1.0 to 1.3 range and i dont understand because vega on stock options are like .05 to .15 range generally.

is there a sane logic at bar that im not seeing or are these just unregulated scumbags setting trap-options that are guaranteed to burst into flames screaming every time the vix moves?

tia.

i can't answer your question, but will add that the spreads on the options i am looking at are unprecedented and make it really hard to find value.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post

tia.

i can't answer your question, but will add that the spreads on the options i am looking at are unprecedented and make it really hard to find value.

right? saw an interesting headline the other day going off about how we are all focused on stock prices and S&P health as metrics for financial health while spreads have never been worse. that shit kinda hit home, ngl.

Thread Information