Page 132 of 144 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,640 of 2869

Thread: ELON MUSK IS GOD

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Don't hold it. I would sell now and either count your $ or wait for the next good entry point.

Keep in mind that at some point reality is going to hit the cruise industry. Namely, they're not going to operate in 2020 in all likelihood, and some or all will crash and burn. Once that reality is understood, it should go far below $8, and very possibly to zero point zero.
    I think they should take their profit but cruises will be sailing again soon.

We have flattened and in the next 7-10 days new cases will drop off a cliff. Market is forward looking and already pricing this in.
    That's my thoughts, the economic impact is baked into the $8/share CCL price. I also think the virus drops off a cliff in the northern hemisphere over the next 2 weeks and the impact to CCL is far less than original fears. Almost leaning towards buying more this week even if the price doesn't drop. I like CCL long term at $12 a share as well..

Load Metric
    Where’s my $10k SBA $ Daly?

I’m joking cause I’m aware nobody on either side has a clue

3 government days lol

.gov can’t even do helicopter $ right.

I bumped into Bridgewater’s Ray Dalio talking about the coming helicopter money 4 years ago. Amazing. The guy is my personal Moses.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I just started messing around in the stock market. Not down with all the terminology yet, so bear with me.

I am thinking of doing a 2 month put on SPY @273. Is that enough time for the financial news to likely cause the market to downswing again.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    I just started messing around in the stock market. Not down with all the terminology yet, so bear with me.

I am thinking of doing a 2 month put on SPY @273. Is that enough time for the financial news to likely cause the market to downswing again.
    Please don't do this.

Market is forward looking, always think about the market looking 9-12 months ahead, so it's priced for where we think we will be at then (it's not a perfect way to look at it but helps beginners)

Let's look at what you are talking about doing and I will give you an alternative.

So let's use July 273 Puts, right now they are selling for about $22.

So that means you are paying $2200 for an option (excluding fees), to have the right to buy SPY shares at 273. So effectively you need SPY to be below $251 or you lose all $2200 (now you can sell the contract for a loss and a bunch of other stuff but let's just use the extreme in this case).

So you are betting on a market turning down 7-8% before July.

Here's an alternative

Sell a $251 July Put for $12.65. You now instantly collect $1265, and if before July, SPY goes to below $251 you own 100 shares of SPY at 251. But you also collected $12.65 a share so your actual price is $238.35. The risk here is you could lose more money but in theory you have bought SPY for a discount and in the long run it should recover and you can sell your shares when it recovers.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post

Please don't do this.

Market is forward looking, always think about the market looking 9-12 months ahead, so it's priced for where we think we will be at then (it's not a perfect way to look at it but helps beginners)

Let's look at what you are talking about doing and I will give you an alternative.

So let's use July 273 Puts, right now they are selling for about $22.

So that means you are paying $2200 for an option (excluding fees), to have the right to buy SPY shares at 273. So effectively you need SPY to be below $251 or you lose all $2200 (now you can sell the contract for a loss and a bunch of other stuff but let's just use the extreme in this case).

So you are betting on a market turning down 7-8% before July.

Here's an alternative

Sell a $251 July Put for $12.65. You now instantly collect $1265, and if before July, SPY goes to below $251 you own 100 shares of SPY at 251. But you also collected $12.65 a share so your actual price is $238.35. The risk here is you could lose more money but in theory you have bought SPY for a discount and in the long run it should recover and you can sell your shares when it recovers.
    I am just a newbie. I am not even approved for margin stuff. I only deposited $2500 into the account. I definitely dont have $25,000 (or whatever would be required) to cover that if the stock tanks.

That being said, I understand what you are saying, and can definitely see how people with big bankrolls to do this kind of stuff and ride out the storm if it goes bad are going to be in a position to make a lot of $$.

Load Metric
    I am too busy to get into this rally. Let’s call it a day traders ghetto. It’s speculation.

Fed is going to buy your crap and give you cash and you are going to gamble. Period. Or.... Treasury gonna have to bail out state and local pension funds as a for instance. They would rather buy crap bonds and send you to the tables

Rigged game. Don’t get cute with forward looking fundamental nonsense

Don’t think, trade

I Know something about the gym industry. Planet Fitness PLNT is losing its fucking mind. It’s like 35% in 2 days

This makes zero dot zero sense but they are giving out money. It’s just about done though.

Going on that list of stupid rally stocks to short. Lotta macro changes that we can get into or not.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 04-07-2020 at 08:24 AM.

Load Metric

the fed has been spending one million dollars a second on securities for 2 straight weeks.

the market is super bullish near term because of it.

per san, dont get caught up in holistic price assignment because the final word on what anything costs for the near future will be decided by algs, and algs could give a fuck about impending mortgage defaults, plague, etc.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

the fed has been spending one million dollars a second on securities for 2 straight weeks
    Someone dropped this today:
    To pay back one trillion dollars, at a rate of one dollar per second, would take you 31,688 years.

Just remember too we are just getting warmed up with the relief bills. There are many trillions more to come.

Japan—> Europe —-> and now us.
    I know you know what I’m talking about tine. But let that ferment for later. We have work to do now. Remember too they you can hold a stock for a decade but most of the move happens in a limited number of days. No pressure.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

the fed has been spending one million dollars a second on securities for 2 straight weeks
    To pay back one trillion dollars, at a rate of one dollar per second, would take you 31,688 years.

Just remember too we are just getting warmed up with the relief bills. There are many trillions more to come.

I know you know what I’m talking about tine. But let that ferment for later. We have work to do now. Remember too they you can hold a stock for a decade but most of the move happens in a limited number of days.
    Why would we pay it back $1 at a time?

Comments

Sanlmar:

Diamond
    Load Metric
    So you saying TVIX can go back to 600-700 level?

No, bad OSA.....dont touch the tvix....bad OSA

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SPIT this View Post

I know you know what I’m talking about tine. But let that ferment for later. We have work to do now. Remember too they you can hold a stock for a decade but most of the move happens in a limited number of days.
    Why would we pay it back $1 at a time?
    You are a magical troll.

Of course we are not paying anything back. Or even trying to. Not in my lifetime.

The text book says we are supposed to inflate our way out of debt. That used to be proper. We are seriously past that option.

We tease each other about Japan’s history. They have tried for decades to inflate. It was like “pushing on a string” the economists say.

I’m just worried about the next 3 hours but it’s good to have the big picture in the back of your head.

Load Metric

and algs could give a fuck about impending mortgage defaults, plague, etc.

As the mood swings and news cycles shift .....

There will be headline grabbing defaults. Munipcal and perhaps nations. Lots of other similar depressing shit to come once COVID isn’t the focus.

This is a huuuuge moment in time. Epic fundamental shit to be resolved. Mammoth shifts in behavior.

Maybe OSA trades volatility for the next decade.

Load Metric

and algs could give a fuck about impending mortgage defaults, plague, etc.

and maybe.. just maybe.... after 2008 someone signed a classified directive to authorize the fed to put the market on life support during times of existential duresss.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

and maybe.. just maybe.... after 2008 someone signed a classified directive to authorize the fed to put the market on life support during times of existential duresss.
    If it’s not green the Fed must intervene.

We did the debt cycle talk a couple months ago. Fun video I recall with stick figure people. Tim Burton didn’t animate but maybe he should have.

Some debt cycles are short and some are longer. Some are 10 year and some are more like 100 yr.

Like it or not we are now hunting for clues in 1930-45. So there ya go.

I know you love ‘Merica but there are some things even we can’t over come. Sometimes the nuclear option is the natural way to restart. Just let the cycle run it’s course and don’t mess with Mother Nature.

That’s not happening. Some mutant shit is gonna escape the Fed’s lab.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 04-07-2020 at 09:32 AM.

Load Metric
    my unique strain of romance = if you undermine the legitimacy of the dollar, it will rot from the inside and eventually collapse.

of course, i might simply be wrong at this point.

Load Metric
    my unique strain of romance = if you undermine the legitimacy of the dollar, it will rot from the inside and eventually collapse.

of course, i might simply be wrong at this point.
    I think Europe is scared so shitless that we almost don’t have enough dollars. Maybe later though

Brazil Mexico currency is like a CCL play. Not for me

Load Metric

This nigga said “maybe”

Comments

sonatine: real niggas do real things

Load Metric
    I think Europe is scared so shitless that we almost don’t have enough dollars. Maybe later though

Brazil Mexico currency is like a CCL play. Not for me

Is what I finally concluded after betting against the market for far too long. We are best in class which would scare a forward thinking man, but that's not the world we are living in.... until we are.

Load Metric
    Guys calm down, I found our answer. At the bottom of a news article a very wise and benevolent algorithm provided me with a link about why it's a great time to invest in Latin American mining stocks.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    I am too busy to get into this rally. Let’s call it a day traders ghetto. It’s speculation.

Fed is going to buy your crap and give you cash and you are going to gamble. Period. Or.... Treasury gonna have to bail out state and local pension funds as a for instance. They would rather buy crap bonds and send you to the tables

Rigged game. Don’t get cute with forward looking fundamental nonsense

Don’t think, trade

I Know something about the gym industry. Planet Fitness PLNT is losing its fucking mind. It’s like 35% in 2 days

This makes zero dot zero sense but they are giving out money. It’s just about done though.

Going on that list of stupid rally stocks to short. Lotta macro changes that we can get into or not.
    :This

I’m being boastful here but I’ve made a ass ton of money the last 3 weeks just buying the obvious oversold low and selling before what should be technical highs. This isn’t an investors market. It’s a roulette wheels

It’s ok to be a buy and hold person. But this is one of those rare times where it’s posible to time the high and low of the market and it makes sense to try and do it.

Thread Information