Page 116 of 144 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,320 of 2869

Thread: ELON MUSK IS GOD

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Just sat in on a conference call for a friend who owns a local business. 60ish employees, $20 million a year company. Small potatoes, but the country runs on small business. He has gotten word DeWine is shutting it all down today. They are assuring him Trump is going to pull the plug nationally.

He has kind of a niche company. Jack of all trades product identification fabrication facility. If DeWine does it and Trump doesn’t, he will lose all his business to places in Texas and Florida and any other state doing business as usual. Talk of national guard mobilization.

He asked my opinion. I said he’s got to do it if ordered but I’m not laying off anyone until ordered. Trump is going to set state against state in business. Ackman guy was on point. Shut this shit down because it’s all a waste of time until we go full bore. You can live with anything for a month and dig out afterward.

Its not bad enough......yet. My friend is still going to office. His father is still riding the MTA. My friends fiancee is a Principal and even though kids are out, she has to go to school to devise lesson plans and do online classes. Its a fucking joke. We need a couple thousands to die in NY before shit gets totally shutdown. THEN we will take correct action

Comments

jsearles22: You're an idiot

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    Just sat in on a conference call for a friend who owns a local business. 60ish employees, $20 million a year company. Small potatoes, but the country runs on small business. He has gotten word DeWine is shutting it all down today. They are assuring him Trump is going to pull the plug nationally.

He has kind of a niche company. Jack of all trades product identification fabrication facility. If DeWine does it and Trump doesn’t, he will lose all his business to places in Texas and Florida and any other state doing business as usual. Talk of national guard mobilization.

He asked my opinion. I said he’s got to do it if ordered but I’m not laying off anyone until ordered. Trump is going to set state against state in business. Ackman guy was on point. Shut this shit down because it’s all a waste of time until we go full bore. You can live with anything for a month and dig out afterward.

Its not bad enough......yet. My friend is still going to office. His father is still riding the MTA. My friends fiancee is a Principal and even though kids are out, she has to go to school to devise lesson plans and do online classes. Its a fucking joke. We need a couple thousands to die in NY before shit gets totally shutdown. THEN we will take correct action
    Are you the only person in NYC who doesn't know a lockdown was announced?

Platinum
    Load Metric

I have heard this too...kinda like the telephone game...the original source was 3 away from me so didn't feel the need to post it as gospel...

agree with you though...you hear about the economy and shit, but you keep doing this intermittent shit without a definitive end in sight then you're probably doing more harm than good...still gonna take it up the ass, but just get it the fuck over with...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

I have heard this too...kinda like the telephone game...the original source was 3 away from me so didn't feel the need to post it as gospel...

agree with you though...you hear about the economy and shit, but you keep doing this intermittent shit without a definitive end in sight then you're probably doing more harm than good...still gonna take it up the ass, but just get it the fuck over with...

Funny part is it gets held off a few hours later. The local and state pols are finding it impossible to deal with a bipolar federal team who sends one signal one day and then changes course by morning. They can’t jeopardize their state business while other states are acting as if there is no problem.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    If you are over the AGI limit for a trump check does that mean you would also not get the $500 check for a kid?

Asking for a freind

Seems like nobody has a answer here..... maybe because there isn’t one.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

What is the limit now?
    Ceiling is supposedly Going to be 99k single 198k jointly.

I read $150k jointly.

It's just pandering. Turns my stomach. Handing someone who already doesn't work or barely makes enough to pay taxes $1k is pointless. But politicians are so far removed from the real world that they can't see it. The airlines need to be saved, that's about it imo. As for the people, the ONLY thing we should do is to immediately increase and expedite unemployment for people who were working and are no longer working. I'd say 6 months right now with an option to re-up for 6 months depending on how bad this gets. The rest of it is just the redistribution of wealth.

Murren walked w/ 23 million in stock options b/c he tightened the belt and saved nothing for a rainy day.

Goldman Sachs CEO today got a raise to over 20 million or so.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post

Ceiling is supposedly Going to be 99k single 198k jointly.

I read $150k jointly.

It's just pandering. Turns my stomach. Handing someone who already doesn't work or barely makes enough to pay taxes $1k is pointless. But politicians are so far removed from the real world that they can't see it. The airlines need to be saved, that's about it imo. As for the people, the ONLY thing we should do is to immediately increase and expedite unemployment for people who were working and are no longer working. I'd say 6 months right now with an option to re-up for 6 months depending on how bad this gets. The rest of it is just the redistribution of wealth.

Murren walked w/ 23 million in stock options b/c he tightened the belt and saved nothing for a rainy day.

Goldman Sachs CEO today got a raise to over 20 million or so.
    You get all the $$ up to $75k or $150k married. If you made more than that it rappers off until you hit $99k or $198k.

What isn’t clear is if the $500 tapers off or not.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    watching aussie rules and musing on the inevitable bailout that is coming down the pike...

what is gonna annoy the fucking shit outta me is that the gobment isn't going to stick it to the airlines and boeing come bailout time...they need to get a sweet ass deal outta this whole thing a la buffet on what he did for goldman in '08...it would help pay for a little of the money that will be spent propping up the economy...and if the airlines bitch the gobment can just say, 'see you at 0'...

ive mentioned ad nauseum that airlines are damn near quasi-governmental business because we cant operate without them...but what if we let the shittily run ones UAL, DAL burn and let the decent ones AKL (read a small article on their CEO, guy seems to know his shit) and LUV (?) take a larger spot in the operations? also what about letting enterprising people like a branson or the emirates buy the carnage for pennies and start to operate this shit?

obv might be issues with the former beefing up operations to become true national airlines and the latter might be deemed a 'threat to national security' (for lack of a better term) to have foreign companies control a large swath of our domestic airline operations...

just spitballing at all of this because it's really gonna piss me off when the gobment doesn't extract a pound of flesh outta this whole thing...they're not going to because they're incompetent boobs, but capitalism would suggest that these companies should absolutely burn because they managed the capital structure like they had the downs...any CFO is damn near criminally negligent if they are buying back their equity at insanely high historic multiples for their company if there is no forward growth to support it...

Comments

Sanlmar: Gets it. But then he does math for a living

Load Metric
    That’s the right attitude GBCP

2008 rewrote the software. Bernanke, Geithner and Paulson approached the bailouts with enormous trepidation. They rwtionalized that it would all be paid back down eventually.

Wrong

Now it’s a reflex. Now folks like Druff are reviewing the Chinese menu of failed companies and picking everything on the left side.

There is no money to lend the cruise industry, Druff. We are already hopelessly in debt. A debt that will NEVER be retired.

If it’s worth anything someone will come along.

The airline business has almost never made a profit when you consider the arc of that industry. Bankruptcy is a principle of aeronautics like lift and drag.

There is an argument for nationalizing them or re-regulating prices. Yes government fucks things up but they really can not do any worse.

Platinum
    Load Metric

2008 rewrote the software. Bernanke, Geithner and Paulson approached the bailouts with enormous trepidation. They rwtionalized that it would all be paid back down eventually.

Wrong

Now it’s a reflex. Now folks like Druff are reviewing the Chinese menu of failed companies and picking everything on the left side.

There is no money to lend the cruise industry, Druff. We are already hopelessly in debt. A debt that will NEVER be retired.

The airline business has almost never made a profit when you consider the arc of that industry. Bankruptcy is a principle of aeronautics like lift and drag.

There is an argument for nationalizing them or re-regulating prices. Yes government fucks things up but they really can not do any worse.
    I really really want to get there, but I just cant...would save a lotta consternation when it comes to these "black swan" events (we're now on 3 in the last 20 years)...but I can't get there because I literally can't trust the gobment not to find someway to fuck it up worse...but I really do feel your sentiment...

but I digress...im sure there are enough people who masturbate to excel can tell me im wrong about all of this, but then you ask these same people to think for themselves or to actually think about what their outputs really mean it's a big bunch of fucking *crickets*…

the evil empire was very very big on excel, probably why we didn't get along...guess when you got a bunch of excel masturbators instead of people who can use excel and think about the outputs you get equity that trades at $3/share...

*giggling*

Load Metric

Wrong

This is all true, so i have wondered and researched for some time about why/what keeps us afloat and in fact, leading the world. The answer is that for now, we are still the best on the block. Give that a few moments thought about where our world will be in the next 20-40 years in all respects, socially, financially, culturally, etc, when the music stops and it all falls down.

I ask again, who is John Galt?

Load Metric

Wrong

This is all true, so i have wondered and researched for some time about why/what keeps us afloat and in fact, leading the world. The answer is that for now, we are still the best on the block. Give that a few moments thought about where our world will be in the next 20-40 years in all respects, socially, financially, culturally, etc, when the music stops and it all falls down.

I have created a few posts recently about Charlie Munger of Berskshire Hathaway fame. I wrote that he has 3 holdings in his personal portfolio of $1.8b. What is the the world’s smartest long term investor doing with money? The man renowned for value investing. The man who capitalized on moments like these.

I post in my patented passive aggressive nonsense style but I most often am masking shit I really believe. The other times, I’m just trolling Druff.

I wrote how the old crank, Munger, held Costco. Drops mic.

I wrote now he held Himalaya Fund. China fund run by Li Lul.

I have trolled guys like abrown who still holds the boomer “we always bounce back” post war mentality. There were a few generations of special circumstance with manufacturing and consumption in the US. We can delve into that and why that ship has sailed.

China is making things. We sell them. I am buying some China. Salt it away.

We are an educated nation and are #1 with building consumer aggregator apps and online shopping. So is China. The rich Chinese kids own Boston’s night clubs and universities btw.

But they make shit. Their arc will run like ours eventually. I will be long dead before that happens.

If you want to argue models of governance - US vs China - I would wait on that cause. Now is not the time to make the case for the US.

Belly Buster can tell you about England. Nothing lasts forever. Unless you celebrate nostalgia like we do on PFA.

Boomers and such.

Load Metric
    Your next DD Washing Machine won’t be Korean or US-made btw.

Load Metric
    Boomer San double post.

Comments

Sanlmar: See below punk

Load Metric
    I was thinking about a Druff’s post war forum software running on DOS Simpdog.

Microsoft now now has 1 billion instances of Windows 10 running on Wintel. Innovation and kernels of DOS so innovative

Wake up sheeple.

Load Metric
    I saw this at palm springs (6 total not sure what kind of air craft they are but real big and loud) airport yesterday.... when we went to the air museum our
    "self appointed guide" minimum 80 yrs old told us the military sometimes lands there to refuel or as he said "deploy" what a great place. my wife and I teared up more than once.

Name:  JZBBS07IRBOUrFtvJV3GXg.jpg
Views: 1899
Size:  1.06 MB

bonus air museum shot.

Name:  ZkWv1O1oT3WL3aYQZUgrBg.jpg
Views: 1902
Size:  1.46 MB

Comments

Walter Sobchak: Very cool
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric

I have created a few posts recently about Charlie Munger of Berskshire Hathaway fame. I wrote that he has 3 holdings in his personal portfolio of $1.8b. What is the the world’s smartest long term investor doing with money? The man renowned for value investing. The man who capitalized on moments like these.

I post in my patented passive aggressive nonsense style but I most often am masking shit I really believe. The other times, I’m just trolling Druff.

I wrote how the old crank, Munger, held Costco. Drops mic.

I wrote now he held Himalaya Fund. China fund run by Li Lul.

I have trolled guys like abrown who still holds the boomer “we always bounce back” post war mentality. There were a few generations of special circumstance with manufacturing and consumption in the US. We can delve into that and why that ship has sailed.

China is making things. We sell them. I am buying some China. Salt it away.

We are an educated nation and are #1 with building consumer aggregator apps and online shopping. So is China. The rich Chinese kids own Boston’s night clubs and universities btw.

But they make shit. Their arc will run like ours eventually. I will be long dead before that happens.

If you want to argue models of governance - US vs China - I would wait on that cause. Now is not the time to make the case for the US.

Belly Buster can tell you about England. Nothing lasts forever. Unless you celebrate nostalgia like we do on PFA.

Boomers and such.

Here is a great article re Munger.

https://acquirersmultiple.com/2019/0...ify-portfolio/

What are you buying in China?

Comments

Walter Sobchak: Interesting

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    I saw this at palm springs (6 total not sure what kind of air craft they are but real big and loud) airport yesterday.... when we went to the air museum our
    "self appointed guide" minimum 80 yrs old told us the military sometimes lands there to refuel or as he said "deploy" what a great place. my wife and I teared up more than once.

Name:  JZBBS07IRBOUrFtvJV3GXg.jpg
Views: 1899
Size:  1.06 MB

bonus air museum shot.

Name:  ZkWv1O1oT3WL3aYQZUgrBg.jpg
Views: 1902
Size:  1.46 MB
    Have you been to the air museum at Wright-Patterson in Dayton, Ohio? A fantastic collection!
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    I thought it kind of strange that Washington was going to pass an independent law to send ~1T to Americans.............

....... and now come to find out whatever passes is going to have 4T in it for corporations via the treasury and Fed.

I shouldn’t be surprised.

Comments

Tellafriend: that train is always on time

Load Metric
    I thought it kind of strange that Washington was going to pass an independent law to send ~1T to Americans.............

....... and now come to find out whatever passes is going to have 4T in it for corporations via the treasury and Fed.

I shouldn’t be surprised.
    It's even worse than that. The Republicans want the checks they send out to individuals to be only an advance on the next year's tax refund. So if you get a check your next year's refund would be reduced by the same amount, or if you owe tax your bill would increase by the same amount. This is how it went when W mailed everyone a check in 02 or 03 I think it was. The money they're giving away to corporations will just be a fat ol' handout.

Hopefully the Democratic controlled House won't let this happen, but expect there to be some sort of compromise in the name of urgency, and expect it to be mostly in favor of the rich and the corporations.

I repeat: socialism for the rich, capitalism for the poor and working class. Privatize profit, socialize risks and losses. It's all a big fucking scam.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Thread Information