Page 102 of 144 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 2869

Thread: ELON MUSK IS GOD

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    todays fed repo injection was the size of the annual military budget.

tomorrows will also be the size of the annual military budget.

Where's this $ coming from ?? Congress borrows money and has limits they routinely raise, but I've never bothered to really dig into where the fed gets their endless supply of mother's milk.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Everyone should pull their credit line if you know biz folk

Things gonna tighten up

Not kidding

I’m out ... GL today

Giving great thought to tapping a LOC and putting 100k to work on some of these stocks.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post

Where's this $ coming from ?? Congress borrows money and has limits they routinely raise, but I've never bothered to really dig into where the fed gets their endless supply of mother's milk.
    Ever heard of printers?

Load Metric
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

Combination of debt and literally printing money. It's not really transparent. It's debt if they just release bonds (treasury). It's printing money when they buy back those bonds (central bank). In theory it should cause inflation in some circumstances, but it hasn't in the last 50 years.

Load Metric
    Oh and as long as dollar is the worlds reserve currency it's in no ones interest to rock the boat in anyway.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post

Combination of debt and literally printing money. It's not really transparent. It's debt if they just release bonds (treasury). It's printing money when they buy back those bonds (central bank). In theory it should cause inflation in some circumstances, but it hasn't in the last 50 years.
    plus the Asians can't get enough of our shitty non-yielding paper...

Comments

gimmick: yup... the biggest reason why china tariffs are retarded

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post
    Oh and as long as dollar is the worlds reserve currency it's in no ones interest to rock the boat in anyway.

This is the most important concept in the economic world.

We may not be the push overs we were 10 years ago but we still the best game in town. The first reaction from congress back in 2008 was to let the banks fail. The rest of the world was furious and told us to fire up the printing press via the Fed and paper over the banks via TARP. The rest of the world was happy that we did it.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    finally got your catch up today, 'tine:

Name:  alk.PNG
Views: 1601
Size:  174.7 KB

Comments

sonatine: kapow

Load Metric
    hopefully before whatever budget announcement pelosi/trump whip up, im going to look for some 9 month spce call options. and ill likely double down if/when the market sheds another 50%.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Platinum
    Load Metric
    inovia just got called out for Total Fraud over their 'we invented a coronavirus vaccine in 3 hours' claim which took their stock from like $2 to $12. currently trading at $9.

I was going to mention something here a couple of days ago and I forgot.

Now first off, I'm not defending Inovia or anything like that. I know virtually nothing about them aside from the press release I posted a while back which stated the supposed progress they had on a potential vaccine. Is it a shady business who used less than accurate information due to the pandemic to boost their stock price? Its entirely possible. I really don't know.

However, I just want to add a little balance to say that the "call out for total fraud" was made by nothing other than a company named "Citron Research" which is run by a guy named Andrew Left. This guy is literally an activist short seller.
    He literally shorts specific companies and then uses media to call them out and hopefully make the security tank.

He has had ethics violations through his career:

"Citron launched 51 investigative reports against S&P 500 companies, between 2009 and 2015, as well as several Chinese companies, citing allegations of pyramid schemes, ineffective products and accounting, or business frauds.[7] In 2016, Left was banned for five years by the Hong Kong Market Misconduct Tribunal for disclosing false or misleading information, and so inducing transactions under the Securities and Futures Ordinance.[8][9] Despite being sued by multiple companies for the reports he has released, Left claims he has never lost a case in the United States;[5][10] the National Futures Association sanctioned Left and stated that he “made false and misleading statements to cheat, defraud or deceive a customer in violation of NFA compliance rules.”[11][12]"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Left

That being said, maybe he is correct on this one - who knows. I just wanted to put this out there to add some balance

Comments

OSA: quality research

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    Can TVIIX go any higher? 500+?

DWT- 20/25?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Can TVIIX go any higher? 500+?

DWT- 20/25?
    wouldn't say never at this point...the selling continues and continues...

we're hacking off 100 SP handles like it's a fucking normal bowel movement...

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

I mean it literally more than doubled in 36 hours, crushing the 52 week high. When was the last time TVIX was 500? 2008?

I would rather short stocks than buying and selling 10-20k worth of TVIX every other day

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

I mean it literally more than doubled in 36 hours, crushing the 52 week high. When was the last time TVIX was 500? 2008?

I would rather short stocks than buying and selling 10-20k worth of TVIX every other day
    TBH I don't even know if it got that bad...I think the VIX might have gotten to like 80 in '08, but I don't think that it lasted that long...

we're looking at the VIX above 40 for 5 straight days...hasn't happened in a long ass time...

Platinum
    Load Metric
    might not last for very long, but finally found a bid below 2400...

Load Metric
    market set to rip shorts a new orifice.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    160 point rally in two hours...this is kinda what I expected outta that repo announcement...

BTW RBOB traded all the way down to $0.88, but has rallied to $0.93...wonder when that filters through to the pump...could be seeing mid-1.50s gas soon...

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post

After several days of the biggest bloodbath percentage drop in decades, and then futures pointing to a mere +400 implied open (more or less), I'm not sure that your statement would so far best describe tomorrow's outcome. Granted, I want to be optimistic like most people and see a surge, but I'm not going to hold my breath here.

IMO even if, in the best case scenario, a vaccine was suddenly put to market, it will take a much much longer time for everything to recover. We wont see the highs we previously enjoyed for quite a while. Plus we have the oil markets that are affecting the prices - who even knows when we will see light at the end of the tunnel.

I want to be optimistic, but society is still in full blown panic mode.

Thread Information