Page 67 of 144 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 2869

Thread: ELON MUSK IS GOD

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Feels like I made a mistake after seeing afterhours.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    vix hits mid 30s (questionable) and spy drops to 280 (much less questionable). at LEAST.

lol sike i meant friday night.

"Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    Feels like I made a mistake after seeing afterhours.
    This is getting reeaaally friggin interesting. DOW -326 early innings. I didn’t expect this at all.

I didn’t see it but I take it Trump wasn’t convincing. I did hear that Trump and Druff have declared our risk is small. How exactly can they make that claim I wonder?

I know Druff literally sees flames in his back yard each summer. So the fire/plague/pestilence bar is set pretty high.

Trump, on the other hand, that look might not age well come late October.

Load Metric
    the hot goss on republican fintwit is that trump just set his reelection on fire and cast the ashes in lead.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    the hot goss on republican fintwit is that trump just set his reelection on fire and cast the ashes in lead.
    Time=-407 Dow

Trump was priced for perfection.
    Fresh off the impeachment victory/absolution tour
    His highest approval ratings ever.
    Approval ratings that were indeed equal to Obama’s at this point on his Presidency.
    Stock market (what nitwits think is the economy) at an all time high.

Unfortunately, that never lasts in life.

Shit is getting seriously sideways now

I thought the market was just doing market correction things. There is always a catalyst. I’m serious. But tonight and tomorrow may change all that.

If we rally off a big gap down tomorrow morning I’ll tip my cap. If there is no bounce then I’ll be damned. Serious shit.

I am sitting on my hands. Show me what you got at 10:00am. I don’t have a clue.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 02-26-2020 at 09:19 PM.

Load Metric
    This was my weekend...

"Son, your new trading strategy is dog shit!"

My dad was one of the greats. Managed a 5 star growth mutual fund, managed between 11 and 12 figures of assets, taught me the fundamentals. Really believes in long-term investing, picking 15-20 sectors, selecting the best company in each sector and you will kill the market. Jumped out of the game in his late 40s, when his brother and best-friend each died inside of 12 months of one another and just said, "fuck it" and retired.

So while visiting him in his winter retreat this weekend, I laid out my new strategy...6 tickers, using options that expire quickly.

On Monday he started working it out on the golf course, by Tuesday morning when I left to fly home he told me, “he didn’t hate it anymore.” I feel like that’s a ringing endorsement if I ever have heard one!

Comments

sonatine: validatio nreps

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post
    This was my weekend...

My dad was one of the greats. Managed a 5 star growth mutual fund, managed between 11 and 12 figures of assets, taught me the fundamentals. Really believes in long-term investing, picking 15-20 sectors, selecting the best company in each sector and you will kill the market. Jumped out of the game in his late 40s, when his brother and best-friend each died inside of 12 months of one another and just said, "fuck it" and retired.

So while visiting him in his winter retreat this weekend, I laid out my new strategy...6 tickers, using options that expire quickly.

On Monday he started working it out on the golf course, by Tuesday morning when I left to fly home he told me, “he didn’t hate it anymore.” I feel like that’s a ringing endorsement if I ever have heard one!

was this an error by a zero or two, cause that's between 10 & 100 billion?
    Hi Lew!!!

Load Metric
    If the Dow gets down to 26.6k, it'll be where it was in January of 2018. 25 month break even stretch. At what Dow level does this become a serious liability for Trump? Are people going to put up with Trump if it means they only got 10% annualized earnings? We can get that from a normal president.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    This was my weekend...

was this an error by a zero or two, cause that's between 10 & 100 billion?
    Institutional Investor - Managed retirement funds for large unions.

Comments

WillieMcFML: hope he bought a bunker in new zealand

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Ugh. Why. Why. Why.

Load Metric
    This is like poker "back in the good old days".

The kids who were making easy money at 1/2 moved up to 10/20 and are getting burned.

Comments

Tellafriend: fair

Load Metric
    APT & LAKE are the hot properties today.

Load Metric
    heres an expensive question;

what stocks are going to benefit most from an economic stimulus package?

Load Metric
    also people appear to be randomly buying biotech stocks like across the board.

90% of the 'stopped trading due to blowing tf up' messages i see in my news feed are basically biotech stocks trading between $1-3 last night.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

I thought the market was just doing market correction things. There is always a catalyst. I’m serious. But tonight and tomorrow may change all that.

If we rally off a big gap down tomorrow morning I’ll tip my cap. If there is no bounce then I’ll be damned. Serious shit.

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-02-27 at 10.10.31 AM.png
Views: 951
Size:  67.8 KB

my gut read is that the market has been waiting for trump to act decisively on this. and every day that our stance remains totally out of step with literally THE REST OF THE WORLD, the market responds negatively.

per my previous shitpost, if we model this according to the 2 recent corrections, 280 spy is the organic floor. i was on the fence about using that model because this wasnt even really a correction but i think its feeding off that bloat, which makes me wonder if 280 is conservative.

Load Metric
    heres an expensive question;

what stocks are going to benefit most from an economic stimulus package?
    When Zoom said it was crushing from Corona, I started thinking about what stocks might kill it if everyone is staying inside.

Microsoft and Alphabet come to mind as ad revenue should be up as people sit at home on the internet.

What else?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

my gut read is that the market has been waiting for trump to act decisively on this. and every day that our stance remains totally out of step with literally THE REST OF THE WORLD, the market responds negatively.

per my previous shitpost, if we model this according to the 2 recent corrections, 280 spy is the organic floor. i was on the fence about using that model because this wasnt even really a correction but i think its feeding off that bloat, which makes me wonder if 280 is conservative.
    I think we switched to a Bear market in 2018, and you are going to have to learn to live with sideways movement for the next 10-15 years.

Load Metric
    also i think we are going to be spared a stimulus package until monday at the soonest because trump can barely come up with the 3bn for the coronavirus mitigation efforts. he's literally trying to take it out of a budget to heat low income housing developments as of this morning so i dont know.

also he stood tall in front of god and man yesterday and said his re-election would restore markets to prior glory, so for him to roll that back less than 12 hours later would be humiliating, which is firmly outside his comfort zone.

Load Metric

I think we switched to a Bear market in 2018, and you are going to have to learn to live with sideways movement for the next 10-15 years.

oh imma get hurt, i have absolutely no doubt. im just swing trading and scalping these days.

and if the spy rises above 304 before 4pm imma dump pretty much all these positions.

Load Metric
    It’s ok - I didn’t want to retire anyway

Thread Information