Page 2 of 144 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: ELON MUSK IS GOD

Load Metric
    you guys realize the new model tesla's just got like earth shaking positive reviews, yes?

like in the last 72 hours?

also you realize that musk bangs grimes on the regular?

because you can call a lot of people pedos and get away with it when youre smashing grimes and your brand new car is a fucking rockstar.

Comments

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: i'd fuck grimes but she's not hot for a celebrity
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    you guys realize the new model tesla's just got like earth shaking positive reviews, yes?

because you can call a lot of people pedos and get away with it when youre smashing grimes and your brand new car is a fucking rockstar.
    Post made me think of DEC’s Alta Vista (fantastic early search pre Google) & their Alpha chip. Both rock star products from a fucked company.

If you want 7.5% you should quit your job and self direct your apparently dwindling 401k into TSLA junk bonds.

Great products and business success are not linked. It is possible to fuck that up. Musk has the capacity

Watch Tesla's Battered Bonds as Musk Goes Begging Suppliers for Cash

There is a disconnect between the bonds (which have priority over stock when TSLA dies) and the stock price. That’s slowly getting fixed too.

Name:  9E102A45-15F0-4C57-8C74-4E6003331282.png
Views: 3730
Size:  15.1 KB

There is going to be an unexpected outcome. It’s a popcorn worthy story and thread should have legs.

Comments

sonatine: fascinating and boy o boy do i remember alta vista

Gold
    Load Metric
    Elon Musk is a little bitch. He called the boss of one his critics on social media to get him silenced and it worked.

Load Metric
    I just sat on a bar stool getting some of this good Chinese food they got up here in the Northeast and listened to an assistant manager at a CVS who couldn’t explain to his buddy who he was with what “selling short” is that he is all in on Tesla stock.

I almost asked him how much for a shoe shine.

Gold
    Load Metric

The opposite happens of everything you say. From Bitcoin to Trump. And today a Tesla crashes into a beauty shop by sudden acceleration. The cars are junk, very unsafe.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_in_the_ass View Post

The opposite happens of everything you say. From Bitcoin to Trump. And today a Tesla crashes into a beauty shop by sudden acceleration. The cars are junk, very unsafe.
    Police Department spokeswoman Jennifer Manzella told City News Service the car was not on auto-pilot at the time and it appears the cause of the crash was “operator error.”

#FAKENEWS

Although I do enjoy watching the Tesla battle. It is quite similar to Trump....very polarizing

Load Metric
    Elon Musk is really good at dominating the media.

They report on every tweet and brain fart that he makes.

He could make a car that ruins on shit and they would say it's the "car of the future". Elon's fan boys would encourage people to collect manure to power the "green car of the future".

Elon Musk only dates hot girls who are completely psycho and crazy.

Load Metric
    Where else would PT Barnum assemble the Model 3?

A tent

Words fail me. It’s insanity,” said Sanford C. Bernstein & Co.’s Max Warburton, who benchmarked auto-assembly plants around the world before becoming a financial analyst.
    Name:  4FF24A18-CE2F-4070-A9B0-35C9C8978AC5.jpeg
Views: 3671
Size:  799.0 KB

Those who weren’t among the 9% laid off in June were recruited to man the assembly line.

Load Metric

Comments

Tellafriend: Wow

Load Metric
    What is propping the stock up here if their finances are so bad?

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    A famous short seller says to never trust a CEO with a wig or hair piece. Need I say more.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    tbh, I probably am propping up the stock. I own so much tsla calls and the price has been moving so much, it's bananas.

It's obscene how much volume I have been doing hedging my gamma, I think I am averaging over 10K shares a day, maybe more. I may just have to call up the nasdaq and ask to get DMM status to get some market making rebates! Barely making any money, but I need either a move of 10% positive or 10% negative and I'll finally cash in the big gain. If it just sits here after earnings, well, I wasted about a month of time trading this stupid stock for fucking ash tray money.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by monsterj View Post
    tbh, I probably am propping up the stock. I own so much tsla calls and the price has been moving so much, it's bananas.

It's obscene how much volume I have been doing hedging my gamma, I think I am averaging over 10K shares a day, maybe more. I may just have to call up the nasdaq and ask to get DMM status to get some market making rebates! Barely making any money, but I need either a move of 10% positive or 10% negative and I'll finally cash in the big gain. If it just sits here after earnings, well, I wasted about a month of time trading this stupid stock for fucking ash tray money.
    What would you do if you were me on this right now w a short term outlook ?

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by monsterj View Post

What would you do if you were me on this right now w a short term outlook ?
    What do you think is going to happen? I think it's going to either violently move either up or down, over 10% on Aug 1st. So being long options and short underlying is a great play, regardless of what direction is goes.

Comments

Tellafriend: GL

Load Metric
    The earnings call will be hugely entertaining. I’ll try to remember to post a link.

Load Metric

That’s what Tesla’s stock price will go to as long as Elon is in charge.

Inventors/Idea people are terrible business managers.

The only hope is they do an equity raise in late 2018/2019 and it devalues his ownership enough that he loses control.

Comments

Dan Druff: correct on all counts

Load Metric
    Name:  8674E583-3607-44F5-96C0-BA8E3FC209D8.jpeg
Views: 6989
Size:  78.3 KB

August 1st is gonna be quite the show.

Right now, generally your only all electric choice are inexpensive stuff like Prius or Chevy Volt. Which is interesting cause electrics given range/lack of charging stations are kind of an interesting addition to your personal fleet. This is the behavior of the well heeled buyers. Tesla is your only avenue to indulging that desire with any self respect.

Jaguar is there and the others are coming. By some estimates at auto shows over 100 models are in the pipeline.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Stock is down 10% since this thread started. Earnings later this week.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Name:  8674E583-3607-44F5-96C0-BA8E3FC209D8.jpeg
Views: 6989
Size:  78.3 KB

August 1st is gonna be quite the show.

Right now, generally your only all electric choice are inexpensive stuff like Prius or Chevy Volt. Which is interesting cause electrics given range/lack of charging stations are kind of an interesting addition to your personal fleet. This is the behavior of the well heeled buyers. Tesla is your only avenue to indulging that desire with any self respect.

Jaguar is there and the others are coming. By some estimates at auto shows over 100 models are in the pipeline.
    To be fair the only way they moved 16,000 cars in July is if they used their existing stock pile to send out when orders opened up.

I could go into great depths about why Tesla will fail, but think about this for a minute. If there is this insane level of demand, why are people who are actually ordering now that it has been opened up (don't forget the 400,000 reservations) getting their cars in days and not weeks or months?

The demand is for a $35,000 with a $7500 tax rebate. What you have here is a $55,000 car with a dwindling tax rebate. They have actually removed all notes and documentation around the $35,000.

There literally is no $35,000 mass market vehicle, it will never exist or at least not as the Model 3.

Thread Information