Page 142 of 144 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144 LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,840 of 2869

Thread: ELON MUSK IS GOD

Load Metric
    Name:  495111C9-47FB-46EE-9C34-10F1AF331580.jpeg
Views: 1851
Size:  92.1 KB

Comments

herbertstemple: MLIF being pounded hard rep.

Gold
    Load Metric
    https://twitter.com/SJosephBurns/status/1490053682687365123

--I have no clue how to upload a twitter, as I don't even twitter. But I came across this. Interview with Musk following Tesla's IPO. He had a pretty good line at the end, something to the effect of, "At some point people [doubters] are going to get tired of being wrong."

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post

--I have no clue how to upload a twitter, as I don't even twitter. But I came across this. Interview with Musk following Tesla's IPO. He had a pretty good line at the end, something to the effect of, "At some point people [doubters] are going to get tired of being wrong."
    Check out what the S&P, Nasdaq, Dow was back then.....

Stonks go up.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

Check out what the S&P, Nasdaq, Dow was back then.....

Stonks go up.

Name:  43DEA2BD-5F3F-47E6-A9B0-A7324ECA841B.jpeg
Views: 1766
Size:  34.4 KB

Steve Eisman (played by Steve Carell “The Big Short): "They mistook leverage for genius"

Name:  6AD7E6AD-0E21-4919-830E-618F4B89D187.png
Views: 1787
Size:  749.1 KB

FED
    Name:  2C5BBD18-07AB-4C12-9789-8066C18ABE89.png
Views: 1794
Size:  1.18 MB

Insert some chart showing government subsidies for the purchase of electric vehicles

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    MY LIL JACKOFF QUESTRADE ACCT IS POPPIN TODAY FELLAS

Comments

country978: happy for u buddy
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Load Metric
    Elon Musk Enlisted Poker Star Before Making $5.7 Billion Mystery Gift

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...n-mystery-gift

Elon Musk hangs out with Igor Kurganov and Liv Boeree.

Is Igor Kurganov really considered to be a "professional poker player" or is his family just very wealthy?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Good news Pooh. Wynn is running a sale @ $81.

Even I have to think about a trade at these depths. Ughhhh.

I hope you didn’t do the credit spread when $91 Sonatine
    I sold June $100 puts.
    Thoughts and prayers big guy. $72. What a stain.

Even I am starting to think long. I unplug my router and take a long walk when that happens

I know you’re drinking from the energy firehouse though. Incredible. Is the new house gonna have an indoor basketball court?

Edit:

Hey Humpty,

On a rare constructive note. Take a look at the debt and the percentage of revenue to service that debt. These clowns are in a bad way with debt. Increasing interest is going to gobble even more. Wynn is worse than most.

You could argue they have a negative book value but I’m not a glass half full kind of guy to begin with.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 03-11-2022 at 08:08 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here's an interesting one to look at. Not sure if I've mentioned it in this thread, or only in the Scams forum.

SKLZ

Look at February 2021, and look at it now.

https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...s-her-attorney

Skip to page 2 if you don't want to read the story about the lawsuit, but at least read the OP to get familiar with the company. Basically, it's a gigantic fail and has been on a steady trudge down to 0.

I wish I could say I had to balls to short it when I said people should short it, but I didn't. I hate the finite upside and unlimited downside plays, so I didn't. But you'll see how early I was agreeing that SKLZ was going into the toilet. The only thing making me hesitant was some kind of merger type deal which could turn them around, so I didn't pull the trigger.

Fascinating story with that whole company, though, especially if the market for pseudo-gambling apps is one that interests you.

Load Metric
    Name:  3A3F9DF5-DF0B-45EB-B3CD-FC030BF88A88.jpeg
Views: 1658
Size:  233.8 KB

stupidity wagering stocks are all fun.

Boston based DraftKings.

Name:  53E24703-BEBE-4B97-923F-302444CFBC12.jpeg
Views: 1660
Size:  239.9 KB

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Here's an interesting one to look at. Not sure if I've mentioned it in this thread, or only in the Scams forum.

SKLZ

Look at February 2021, and look at it now.

https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...s-her-attorney

Skip to page 2 if you don't want to read the story about the lawsuit, but at least read the OP to get familiar with the company. Basically, it's a gigantic fail and has been on a steady trudge down to 0.

I wish I could say I had to balls to short it when I said people should short it, but I didn't. I hate the finite upside and unlimited downside plays, so I didn't. But you'll see how early I was agreeing that SKLZ was going into the toilet. The only thing making me hesitant was some kind of merger type deal which could turn them around, so I didn't pull the trigger.

Fascinating story with that whole company, though, especially if the market for pseudo-gambling apps is one that interests you.
    Isn't that why you should buy puts instead?

Load Metric
    Idiot Wynn is gonna do some financial engineering with the boondoggle Wynn Encore Boston They wanna do a sale leaseback. It’s sorta like removing a big dick from their throat so they can breath financially.

If you want me to do a sale leaseback of the Pooh mansion (cause you seem like a HODLer and still have that open position) let me know

$73.

Don’t believe the nonsense out there that sports wagering is gonna drive traffic. That’s written by institutions trying to unwind. That’s all virtual. Which was why the billion dollar brick and mortar was stupid.

Load Metric
    Name:  A4B40F50-B47F-4593-AF5A-8B32290CD774.jpeg
Views: 1554
Size:  78.7 KB

Load Metric
    The Fed, HUD & others offering chatter about the merit of 40 year mortgages. Muck around with it for 5 minutes and file it away for later.

Always meddling and tinkering with the natural cycles of the economy

Load Metric
    The Fed, HUD & others offering chatter about the merit of 40 year mortgages. Muck around with it for 5 minutes and file it away for later.

The more and more my millennial counterparts wax on about never owning a home and amortizing things over 30-40 years the boomer in me appreciates the 15 year I got that I’m paying as a 8 year.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

The more and more my millennial counterparts wax on about never owning a home and amortizing things over 30-40 years the boomer in me appreciates the 15 year I got that I’m paying as a 8 year.
    The boomer in you should have taken as much nearly free debt as possible with the longest term possible. That was “generational” to use your phrase.

Stories of Grandpa’s sub 3% money will be repeated every Thanksgiving over the coming decades. Or should be.

I don’t understand the motivation for paying it down but burning the mortgage has always had an emotional appeal.

Name:  92AC36B4-7584-492E-AEE7-FD314269E0D4.jpeg
Views: 2889
Size:  31.5 KB

While your watching golf I’ll be replacing the dishwasher supply pump in the rental. Nice millenial couple.

Boomer debt was god.

Load Metric
    Generational debt addendum

One of the housing supply issues the millenials face is the boomer who is never going to give up their 2% mortgage. Never. That house is not coming on the market.

That was one of Covid’s permanent scars that Fauci never talked about. There are always unintended consequences

There will never be another Paul Volcker though. His move took enormous courage. The pain felt was indescribable.

The new world order is such that we must never feel the pain of a natural economic cycle EVER. Until, of course, it is cataclysmic (instead of normal). Should be fun.

Gold
    Load Metric
    So a couple thoughts on possible value:

1. Cruise line stocks (eg. CCL) are one of the few stocks that never recovered from the Covid drop, for obvious reasons. However, moving forward is there any fundamental reason the stock wont eventually rebound and investing now isn't a good idea? Anecdotally, my retired boomer parents and there friends started going on cruises again.

2. Disney has lost half its value off its high. Maybe it wont get all the way into the $200s again soon, but is there any fundamental reason it wont rebound? Is the culture war stuff really that damaging to their long term future, or is there some other reason it isn't a good idea?

Load Metric

1. Cruise line stocks (eg. CCL) are one of the few stocks that never recovered from the Covid drop, for obvious reasons. However, moving forward is there any fundamental reason the stock wont eventually rebound and investing now isn't a good idea? Anecdotally, my retired boomer parents and there friends started going on cruises again.

2. Disney has lost half its value off its high. Maybe it wont get all the way into the $200s again soon, but is there any fundamental reason it wont rebound? Is the culture war stuff really that damaging to their long term future, or is there some other reason it isn't a good idea?

1. Carnival is cheap sub $20- its probably a $30+ Stock with no Covid restrictions and back to more fully Operational imo

2. Disney is a great stock always for sure BUT

Its not so easy with Disney at the moment. Since Florida Governor DeSantis and Florida is Disney's far and away out side of Television their main Economic Engine and what just happened is extremely noticeable. And why, Florida Governors stay far out the way of Disney in this State. You do NOT go right at Disney in this State like Governor DeSantis just did and removing some of their actual huge Tax breaks soo.. Actually im very intimately familiar with this all too as lived there not long ago theres an area named "Reedy Creek" thats a special Classification for Disney and so they dont owe Taxes there i think is how it worked, but now DeSantis is saying they owe the State 1 Billion which is back and forth stuff between Disney and the State of Florida only at thie point but, its there. This is real too majorly important and everything is about to change, or just did here in Florida for Disney now.

Governor DeSantis took away some of Disneys entitled benefits here and thats gonna cost Disney huge now, so because of all of this. I would highly suggest understanding that all and Florida's current interaction and the whys and all with the current situation per Disney and our Governor who is also running for President and could be that too one day. DeSantis just took it right too Disney and is going to cost them majorly now, removing their Tax breaks too etc etc do youre research with Disney now imo on all that currently..

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post

1. Carnival is cheap sub $20- its probably a $30+ Stock with no Covid restrictions and back to more fully Operational imo

2. Disney is a great stock always for sure BUT

Its not so easy with Disney at the moment. Since Florida Governor DeSantis and Florida is Disney's far and away out side of Television their main Economic Engine and what just happened is extremely noticeable. And why, Florida Governors stay far out the way of Disney in this State. You do NOT go right at Disney in this State like Governor DeSantis just did and removing some of their actual huge Tax breaks soo.. Actually im very intimately familiar with this all too as lived there not long ago theres an area named "Reedy Creek" thats a special Classification for Disney and so they dont owe Taxes there i think is how it worked, but now DeSantis is saying they owe the State 1 Billion which is back and forth stuff between Disney and the State of Florida only at thie point but, its there. This is real too majorly important and everything is about to change, or just did here in Florida for Disney now.

Governor DeSantis took away some of Disneys entitled benefits here and thats gonna cost Disney huge now, so because of all of this. I would highly suggest understanding that all and Florida's current interaction and the whys and all with the current situation per Disney and our Governor who is also running for President and could be that too one day. DeSantis just took it right too Disney and is going to cost them majorly now, removing their Tax breaks too etc etc do youre research with Disney now imo on all that currently..
    Buying the dip is a bad idea. Sell the spike. You had several opportunities this week. You always get a second chance if you listen.

Anything selling to boomers is a good idea. Cruise lines in general though with fuel costs and, inflation/recession and declining discretionary income for the unwashed who like the cheap vacation is kinda dumb.

Florida Disney is not the dominant part of their business. There are much bigger and more awful components

Load Metric

Buying the dip is a bad idea.

this is pre-9/11 thinking.

"Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Thread Information