Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
Name:  8674E583-3607-44F5-96C0-BA8E3FC209D8.jpeg
Views: 7009
Size:  78.3 KB

August 1st is gonna be quite the show.

Right now, generally your only all electric choice are inexpensive stuff like Prius or Chevy Volt. Which is interesting cause electrics given range/lack of charging stations are kind of an interesting addition to your personal fleet. This is the behavior of the well heeled buyers. Tesla is your only avenue to indulging that desire with any self respect.

Jaguar is there and the others are coming. By some estimates at auto shows over 100 models are in the pipeline.
To be fair the only way they moved 16,000 cars in July is if they used their existing stock pile to send out when orders opened up.

I could go into great depths about why Tesla will fail, but think about this for a minute. If there is this insane level of demand, why are people who are actually ordering now that it has been opened up (don't forget the 400,000 reservations) getting their cars in days and not weeks or months?

The demand is for a $35,000 with a $7500 tax rebate. What you have here is a $55,000 car with a dwindling tax rebate. They have actually removed all notes and documentation around the $35,000.

There literally is no $35,000 mass market vehicle, it will never exist or at least not as the Model 3.
They are getting their car because they are making it in batches and getting order matched. It's not hard to figure that out. Or am I missing something?
Why do you think they are taking off 35K market? Doesn't it make sense not to sell it until you tap out the demand for the $55K+ models with much higher margin? Seems like it would be a terrible business decision to turn on the already shitty Fremont factory and produce a car that has a much lower margin when they are struggling to hit the numbers that Elon already (stupidly) promised with the higher margin cars.

A friend of mine ordered his and still has been waiting months. I didn't see a single Model 3 until May, now I see them all over the place.

The straddle was trading today at $25 bucks, this is gonna be a wild ride on Wednesday, I haven't legged myself in just yet, but I'll definitely toe dip for fun.