Page 90 of 144 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 2869

Thread: ELON MUSK IS GOD

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

h/t zerohedge:

VIX ramped as a major Chicago market maker was caught in the infamous gamma short squeeze, which forced them to keep buying the VIX as the VIX soared, in the process ending the VIX even higher, only to get margin called out of their position by their clearing firm, puking their entire position while liquidating anything they could, and unleashing the VIX selling avalanche and the 700 Dow point rally.
    am I the only sick fuck who would like to be in the room to see this going down in real time?
    I know the guys. Belvedere Trading. Though that explanation doesn't make sense. Buying vix while Vix goes higher is an ideal situation. Their risk team sucks dick if one of their teams can dump the whole company. Most Chicago guys that have been around a while are much more sophisticated.

Comments

Tellafriend: insider rep

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    Are we gonna ignore the “financial modernization act” of 1999 which repealed glass-steagal and laid the groundwork for deregulation of wall st?? fkn moron
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

I get your point RE: needing to cast a wide net on the root cause for “2008”, it’s not unfair. But if we being honest here if they built a housing collapse Mt. Rushmore he’d be deservedly a prime candidate. I don’t think it’s out of bounds saying he’s a symbolic figurehead of liberal housing policies of that era.

The fact that his name is on the supposed cure to the problem is a total joke.
    wait, let me get this straight. you’re actually telling me that republican deregulation paired with GWB era american dream (everyone ought to own a home) malarkey wasn’t primarily responsible for the financial crisis? nap time boomer.
    like how much of a simpleton do you have to be to think subprime mortgages in isolation were responsible for bringing the global financial system to its knees

Krypt is for the most part correct, though everyone has had a finger in making it worse since then. As I mentioned a few days ago in another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    Sorry San, but you are wrong on this, at least in part. But before Barnie and Maxine we can look to Sen. Phil Graham who tore down the walls which prevented banks from becoming the behemoths they have.

https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...laws-for-years

The Financial Services Modernization Act—or the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act—is a law passed in 1999 that partially deregulates the financial industry. The law repealed big parts of the Glass-Steagall Act of 1933, which had separated commercial and investment banking.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/f...ct-of-1999.asp

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by monsterj View Post

am I the only sick fuck who would like to be in the room to see this going down in real time?
    I know the guys. Belvedere Trading. Though that explanation doesn't make sense. Buying vix while Vix goes higher is an ideal situation. Their risk team sucks dick if one of their teams can dump the whole company. Most Chicago guys that have been around a while are much more sophisticated.
    I actually heard of those guys...interesting...

reminds me of how my ex-boss blew us up...if you have a trading style that is heavily options, you goddamn better have a risk team that understands how all of that shit can blow up in your face...especially in a time like this where you are seeing fucking 3% moves in minutes...our risk team was dogshit too...they let the traders run shit...talk about having the inmates running the asylum...you can never, ever, never, ever let traders even think that they run shit...when our risk guys would come over and talk to my ex-boss when he was having losing days, he would bitch like crazy and basically blow them off...shocking that the company has been teetering on the verge of bankruptcy for years now...

Load Metric
    So we count on the kindness of Asians to keep our record setting debt afloat.

We always could be counted on to offer the best rates in town. We dealt an attractive game. But now we are near zero or soon will be. It’s priced in.

As we line up our bets I gotta ask, who is gonna buy treasuries with this shitty yield? I mean the house of cards relies on the cycle continuing uninterrupted, amirite?

The dollar currency exchange is part of the nightmare scenario.

Like all wagers that are too obvious I got to ask, “What am I missing?”

This strikes me as a shit show of a problem. I’ll play along with corona being a passing faze. Let’s say the market is pure Corona. We haven’t even made the next cut yet. Don’t tell me about rate hikes.

I don’t get it. We are fucked.

Fed balance sheet each morning should be fun too.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 03-08-2020 at 01:49 AM.

Load Metric
    im trying to find out where exactly but apparently there is a TSLA hodl'er forum filled with people who literally doubled down at $800 etc and its turning into lord of the flies in hilarious fashion.

like, you can imagine tho.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Platinum
    Load Metric
    im trying to find out where exactly but apparently there is a TSLA hodl'er forum filled with people who literally doubled down at $800 etc and its turning into lord of the flies in hilarious fashion.

if you are a TSLA truther and weren't selling $500 PUTS last week that expired in a month you are doing it really, really, really, really wrong...

Load Metric

if you are a TSLA truther and weren't selling $500 PUTS last week that expired in a month you are doing it really, really, really, really wrong...

something ive been working on with my putcraft is timing and it took me an embarrassingly long time to understand the fiscal impact of getting that element wrong.

per a previous comment to san, model y is landing any day now, and there are going to be a lot of sosh media influencer pieces featuring it, and tsla will likely rise because thats the world we live in. ergo my plan is to get on that swell and hammer puts that expire shortly after the next earnings call.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

Load Metric
    ill exit my travel industry puts when i can get a business class round trip ticket to bangkok and back for under $1200, thank you very much.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    ill exit my travel industry puts when i can get a business class round trip ticket to bangkok and back for under $1200, thank you very much.
    $450 RT no stops from NY to France not bad right around now.

On a related note, chances I get upgraded to 1st class for free if I ask when I fly in 11 days?

Load Metric
    im really only interested in staying places where i can get suits made for 10% of market value, get fresh tom yum soup delivered to my door, and scalp the market starting in the evening.

its a depressingly short list of cities honestly.

Comments

GambleBotsChafedPenis: Pretty Solid Fucking Idea IMO Rep

Load Metric
    I want to track room rate prices over time in Vegas

Any ideas. I don’t use the travel aggregator sites and all that so completely green

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    $450 RT no stops from NY to France not bad right around now.

On a related note, chances I get upgraded to 1st class for free if I ask when I fly in 11 days?
    $450 RT from NYC to France is pretty standard. Sometimes you can get like $350.

And yes, usually if you're friendly and ask for a first class upgrade they'll give you the upgrade.

Load Metric

Diamond
    Load Metric

Uh, how do these cruise lines stay in business with this going on?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    man 'tine you got my juices flowing with the thoughts of a sub $2K business class seat from NYC to somewhere like dubai or asia…

shit like that is what wet dreams are made of...

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post

Uh, how do these cruise lines stay in business with this going on?
    1. look at their balance sheet and check their cash/short-term investments.
    2. look if they pay a divi.
    3. look at their credit rating to see if they can easily access credit markets and given this temporary dislocation in their business what the cost would be now.

Load Metric
    theres also going to be some sort of gov bailout once they make the inevitable 'err on the side of caution' grounding announcement and tbh im not sure how thats going to play against the organic hit on value.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Right, but what do these workers do for the cruise ships or airlines when theres no work. I mean are they gonna just get paid to sit at home till things get better? lol

Load Metric
    can anyone remember how markets responded after trading was shut down then re-opened?

i mean shut down as in 'fuck this markets closed everyone go home', not as in 'we are pausing trading because circuit breaker'.

Thread Information