Page 46 of 53 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647484950 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 920 of 1046

Thread: ELON MUSK IS GOD

  1. #901
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    5635
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    25,148
    Sheesfaced: Glad it worked out

    word, again to be clear i get that your advice is obviously the 100% long term correct solution here, but i felt strongly i was in the absolute upper range of my realistic profit margin and i was facing significant time decay (option expires on the 7th). was definitely an outlier situation and as it happened it broke my way. wont make it a habit tho.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

  2. #902
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    5635
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    25,148
    airline puts / chinese scamputs are now green and proud (still crimson overall but green for the day. its refreshing.)
    Last edited by sonatine; 02-06-2020 at 09:19 AM.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

  3. #903
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    airline puts / chinese scamputs are now green and proud (still crimson overall but green for the day. its refreshing.)
    If you have few hours to waste, look up Mark Blythe on youtube. He kinda condenses what few decade old trends tell about fundamentals. In case you take almost anything told about macro economics seriously.

    Basically only reason any of it works is because market behaves predictably. They follow the same "truths". As long as the mook money goes there, the sharp money follows that pattern.

    In short that's how Soros made his money. There's no idealism in that game. You follow the delusions of others to the point where diverting from it is worth something.

  4. #904
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    5635
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    25,148
    apologies in advance if im missing your point;

    yeah but the influence of the fed and central bank directly countermand the argument that the market moves predictably.

    unless your predictive model includes the fed pouring liquidity into the market to make trump look good and distract people from the coming plague.

    and from what i can see, that shit took a lot of people by surprise so im kinda in good company there.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

  5. #905
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    apologies in advance if im missing your point;

    yeah but the influence of the fed and central bank directly countermand the argument that the market moves predictably.

    unless your predictive model includes the fed pouring liquidity into the market to make trump look good and distract people from the coming plague.

    and from what i can see, that shit took a lot of people by surprise so im kinda in good company there.
    Yea like i said if that's the type of fundamentals that causes you to be surprised it's time to re-evaluate. I have no incentive to follow any of this and i knew this was going to happen for as long as it works. They are offering paper that they themselves print.

     
    Comments
      
      sonatine: word

  6. #906
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    5635
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    25,148
    id not be shocked if we just kinda sat here at 750-770 until the model y's start to generate feedback.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

  7. #907
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    5635
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    25,148
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

  8. #908
    Shake Shack up 10.5% this week. Hmmm...wonder who predicted that.

    Please start a petition for me to be on Mad Money
    It is in my bones which sucks so can make it hard to move sometimes. Trying to spend as much time with friends and family.

  9. #909

     
    Comments
      
      sonatine: solid
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I really like 4Dragons and am genuinely sorry to see him go

  10. #910
    Quote Originally Posted by Onestep View Post
    Shake Shack up 10.5% this week. Hmmm...wonder who predicted that.

    Please start a petition for me to be on Mad Money
    Call it even?

    RIP Sonatine's calls
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I really like 4Dragons and am genuinely sorry to see him go

  11. #911
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    5635
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    25,148
    Quote Originally Posted by SPIT this View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Onestep View Post
    Shake Shack up 10.5% this week. Hmmm...wonder who predicted that.

    Please start a petition for me to be on Mad Money
    Call it even?

    RIP Sonatine's calls

    oh i dumped that ages ago.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

  12. #912
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    5635
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    25,148
    so i have an options question..

    would you avoid buying a contract on friday because you end up getting hit with 2 days of time decay over the weekend before you can close it on monday?

    assuming you were targeting after-market movement on friday night / pre-market movement monday morning and couldnt close it out until 9:30am on monday?

    apologies in advance if my assumption on weekend time decay is incorrect; its hard to find a definitive response out there honestly.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

  13. #913
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    5635
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    25,148
    https://electrek.co/2020/02/06/tesla...en-gear-stalk/

    tesla just filed a patent for a steering wheel that belongs on the bridge of the enterprise.

    pros: holy shit.

    cons: the failure rate on anything this complicated is going to be a fucking nightmare, and i honestly cannot imagine how they are going to build in analog redundancy. also the SCM repair logistics are making my eye twitch and they dont even exist yet.

    if they try to slide this into the next gen of memecars (Y/3/cybertruck), it will take them months if not years to scale up to the repair/maintenance demands. but if they are dropping this in X/S/roadsters.... fucking wow.

    curiously enough i believe a second trump election would be great for this sort of tech adventurism, he likes and respects musk / tesla and would likely send brownshirts to kick the mortal shit out of anyone who refused to sign off on this becoming street legal. bernie...? i have.... concerns.....
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

  14. #914
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    5635
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    25,148
    relationship advice:

    find someone who looks at you like the fed looks at US airline stocks
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

  15. #915
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    5635
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    25,148
    honeywell and 3m stock are dropping despite them ramping up production of medical masks, aka the must have accessory for the foreseeable future.

    thats kind of intense.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

  16. #916
    .
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I really like 4Dragons and am genuinely sorry to see him go

  17. #917

  18. #918
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    5635
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    25,148
    things im recognizing about online day trader superstars:

    - solid fundamentals but often have weird blind spots. im watching a guy whose consistently profitable and something of a celebrity but when he decided to short tsla at 840, he had to call up someone in his 'network' to teach him how fucking options work?

    - they are all hawking 'networks'. its like the get rich in real estate hustle all over again. free seminar -> subscription based access to fill in gaps from original presentation -> escalating prices for being told not to be a fuckup in increasingly articulate terms. scott yancey should sue these momos for royalties.

    - some really good, actionable advice being given like learning to soul-read the tape but no one seems to be talking about open-source intelligence gathering or event correlation, which again seems like a huge blind spot considering the absolute wealth of data you can find out there.

     
    Comments
      
      Sanlmar: signs of a top
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

  19. #919
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    5635
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    25,148
    in other news.... lotta people got nervous on friday:


    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

  20. #920
    OSint Python..... you’re not gonna like it but all previous price information is available in a graphic form and can be screened and analyzed and interpreted for behavior.

    .... or you can dig using your own shovel. it might be more satisfying that way.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •