Page 44 of 144 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494 ... LastLast

Thread: ELON MUSK IS GOD

Load Metric
    monsterj, what is the legal limit for window tinting on atine’s Model Y?

gamma rays, yo

Load Metric
    funny thing... i woke up this morning struck by how much i wanted a model y and how deeply i dont need a model y.

question about theta decay if anyones got a moment:

does it only tick down during market hours or is it 24/7?

eg if i have a call option contract on a stock thats not trading at all, will it's value drop between market close and market open? or does it only tick down during business hours so to speak?

huh this is quite the google rabbit hole to go down...
    Last edited by sonatine; 02-05-2020 at 04:06 AM.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    tsla down 6% so far in premarket.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    the line percolating around right now is 'tsla is dipping because tesla is postponing model 3 deliveries in china because coronavirus'.

its an interesting theory... 8% of its revenue last year came from china.
    Last edited by sonatine; 02-05-2020 at 05:11 AM.

Load Metric

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Glad I wasnt greedy and got out at 905

Load Metric
    aapl is up about 7% with all its china stores closed and a production halt at foxconn that wont be resolved for weeks.

Comments

OSA: Baruch hashem

Load Metric
    i have 2 canary in a coalmine coronavirus puts.. LK and TCOM... and they are officially starting to wilt despite the shanghai market closing up.

100% could just be some random dip but i havent seen them dip this fast since i started watching them.

actually LK seems to be bouncing back so it might just be transient nonsense...

for anyone curious, LK is rumored to be a cutout for money laundering triads and god knows who else:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LKO...trg6mpQ7F/view

if any of that is true, it wont take much for that whole company to tip over and be delisted.
    Last edited by sonatine; 02-05-2020 at 08:29 AM.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    "TSLA is a case of large short interest and large OTM speculative call buying, forcing price higher as dealers are forced to re-hedge by buying more stock as the stock climbs on order to maintain a delta-neutral book of large negative gamma exposure."

thoughts?
    monsterj, can you explain this like i'm 5 (especially the bold part)?
    ill let monsterj correct me if im wrong...

banks/dealers aka the big guys are gonna be the ones selling the options to whoever buys them because a shitton of the time options expire worthless so they're just acting like the house and collecting worthless premium...

selling options make you short (negative) delta, gamma, and vega and long theta...

as in the case of the JUN 900 CALLS that that dude bought on January 31st the calls had like 0.20 delta and no gamma...options don't have very much gamma when they are that deep out-of-the-money (at the time the stock was at like 650-700)…

the stock skyrocketed towards 900 the gamma of the stock starts to expand (gamma is the rate of change of delta)...so as the stock starts to go higher it's delta is gets bigger and bigger (delta is another name for length of position so if the delta is 0.2 it is like being 20 shares long of the stock 0.2 *100 = 20) at a quicker and quicker rate, getting moreso as the stock gets closer to the option's strike price...

since the dealers are SHORT CALLS, they are getting shorter and shorter in their options position as the stock moves higher and higher so they have to buy more and more stock to get their position delta neutral...

Comments

sonatine: science

Load Metric
    Saw Ralph Nader’s mug on CNBC talking about TSLA so I turned up the sound.

Some nonsense about stock market valuations. Had potential to be interesting. Poor old guy. Who and why CNBC booked him?

He did try to compare Volkswagen to TSLA but my mind was already wandering.

CNBC is the worst.

What an amazing day if you like action.

Comments

GambleBotsChafedPenis: Literal AIDS On TV Rep

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Some nonsense about stock market valuations. Had potential to be interesting. Poor old guy. Who and why CNBC booked him?

CNBC is the worst.

he was talking about this i expect

https://ftalphaville.ft.com/2018/10/...red-the-world/

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Looks like im going back to work tomorrow

Comments

GambleBotsChafedPenis: Tough Break/Chin Up Rep

Load Metric
    imagine the surge at the next earnings report tho, after they ship like 5 model y's to instagram influencers.

Comments

OSA: 1000 a share for sure

Platinum
    Load Metric

CNBC is the worst.

I saw on twitter that they added a TSLA counter on their scrawl yesterday keeping second by second price updates..

and today the stock gets beat to shit...

they are the literal contrarian indicator of all contrarian indicators...took me awhile to figure it out, but they are literal fucking AIDS...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

CNBC is the worst.

I saw on twitter that they added a TSLA counter on their scrawl yesterday keeping second by second price updates..

they are the literal contrarian indicator of all contrarian indicators...took me awhile to figure it out, but they are literal fucking AIDS...
    Your post made me wonder - cause I paid literally no attention per usual - was he pitching “consumer protection” against the market or TSLA’s parabolic price?

Bernie would like that. Is this a VP tryout?

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

Your post made me wonder - cause I paid literally no attention per usual - was the consumer protection he was pitching “consumer protection” against the market or TSLA’s parabolic price?

Combined age 213 years old

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post

Your post made me wonder - cause I paid literally no attention per usual - was the consumer protection he was pitching “consumer protection” against the market or TSLA’s parabolic price?

Combined age 213 years old
    I don’t know if it’s baked in or part of your or anyone’s conversation but Trumps near certain 2nd term now post impeachment and Iowa’s Democrat embarrassment has got to be a relief

I’m not a political junkie. I was following the Democratic candidates, the debates. More than is my habit. Imagining who I could vote for.

I am pulling back huge after Iowa. Lotta cringe to work through for me. I have to be typical of many casuals.

Rally on Trump. Mind you, i don’t give a fuck up or down as long as it’s got volatility
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 02-05-2020 at 10:43 AM.

Load Metric

Comments

Tellafriend: wow

Load Metric
    stocks rallying on news of another case of coronavirus in the US

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    stocks rallying on news of another case of coronavirus in the US
    SCI - Service Corp Int’l should kill it then.

Thread Information