Page 27 of 144 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast

Thread: ELON MUSK IS GOD

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Some donk @ Morgan Stanley downgraded Tesla "writing of his concerns around valuation and underappreciated risks to the company's China business."

funny thing, i was like 'why did tsla just boom for no reason' so i search a bit and 2m earlier, morgan stanley posted that article.

it makes some good points about the china sales being burnt into the current price but and i have no idea why/how, tsla is suddenly rallying because of it.

im also seeing that the california DMV data was faulty af and im thinking that created the current wave of shorts/downgrades... so people may be positioning against? nfi but im glad i have skin in the game and can afford to get some of it torn off because this is a great fuckin ride.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Platinum
    Load Metric
    hope you took your Dramamine, 'tine...

jesus Christ, what a fucking roller coaster...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

you know whats funny?

poker taught me how to get my dick kicked off with grace.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

you know whats funny?

poker taught me how to get my dick kicked off with grace.
    Mistress Natasha from the Lower East Side taught me.

Comments

GambleBotsChafedPenis: I LOLed/LES Rep

sonatine: shes a keeper

Load Metric
    you know what just blew my stoned little mind?

in poker no one is allowed to use bots/AI right?

in finance, its encouraged.

Load Metric
    Retail trading (frankly all trading) is completely filthy

The offshore sports books are like the 16 vestal virgins in comparison.

Consider the “free trade”. You will never return from that rabbit hole.
    Robinhood stole from the stupid and just kept the spoils

IEX
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 01-16-2020 at 07:16 PM.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    you know what just blew my stoned little mind?

in poker no one is allowed to use bots/AI right?

in finance, its encouraged.
    not really encouraged, but really "mandated"...

im pretty sure there is very little done on wall street/hedgies that isn't via machine if you are talking just strict equities...

Load Metric
    speaking of which, i just realized i have a copy of Flash Boys i havent cracked open.

Load Metric
    speaking of which, i just realized i have a copy of Flash Boys i havent cracked open.
    The nerds describe your problem as a “latency issue”

Comments

tony bagadonuts: Clever

Load Metric
    if im reading these options limits right, people are expecting a lot of shorts to commit ritual suicide after the tesla earnings report.

Load Metric
    I have been following Tesla prior to 2020.

Every time I see the earnings and think they are positive...the stock takes a big shit. Unless they absolutely blow it out of the water it’s going to drop.

Plus while I love watching the shorts sweat like they dirty pigs they are, at the end of the day they can’t lose forever.

Load Metric
    heard.

i believe ill get off this horse after the first round of model y orders gets completed, or the nightly fed injections stop. im willing to roll the dice until those horsemen of the apocalypse kick down the door.

Load Metric
    Tesla short sellers, who bet that the price of a stock is likely to go down, have lost $8.4 billion in the last seven months, according to financial analytics firm S3 Partners

Load Metric
    New EV brands are sprouting faster than marijuana stores in Los Angeles

Feb 2020
    Car & Driver

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    New EV brands are sprouting faster than marijuana stores in Los Angeles

Feb 2020
    Car & Driver

i expect it will be years before any of them gain any significant marketshare.

also had an interesting moment today.. stumbled across a list of things that had to happen before the shanghai superfactory could put a street legal car up for sale. just all the regulatory stuff, all the permits, you get the idea. it was literally years worth of bureaucratic paperwork.

and china got it all pushed through in a month.

you know why?

the same reason china has a constantly expanding network of high speed rail stations.

centralized, monolithic government.

when word comes down that tesla has a green light from the right people to get cars made, everyone puts on a lobster bib and starts sucking paperwork dick to make it happen. all ducks in their proper rows.

i predict, within 3 years, china will have more supercharger+ stations than us too. and a lot of the heir apparent's who dont go under within 6 months are going to be licensing tesla battery patents and LIDARless navigation systems.

im pretty sure we are going to get punched in the dick on the 29th but im going to stay in the game regardless. whether goes up or down 50 points tho; call / 600 / June 17, 2022

unrelated note do any brokers offer online options trades after 4pm eastern? tdameritrade has something where you call in to have a broker run that shit manually but id prefer less human interaction in my life.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    as far as I know options markets close at 4PM ET...

Load Metric
    that... does make sense, doesnt it.

what about stocks after 4pm online?

Platinum
    Load Metric

youre good to go there...believe post market closes at like 7pm...

again don't quote me on the options shit, but I actually think there is mostly human interaction with those so the market makers are used to going home at 4 so the options markets close then...with stocks I think the volume done by humans these days is relatively minimal so they can just leave the computers plugged in and humming until 7PM...

there are some ETFs that trade 24/5 like SPY and QQQ, but don't think any individual stocks trade 24/5...

Load Metric

youre good to go there...believe post market closes at like 7pm...

again don't quote me on the options shit, but I actually think there is mostly human interaction with those so the market makers are used to going home at 4 so the options markets close then...with stocks I think the volume done by humans these days is relatively minimal so they can just leave the computers plugged in and humming until 7PM...

there are some ETFs that trade 24/5 like SPY and QQQ, but don't think any individual stocks trade 24/5...

i mean, you can watch the movement of tsla after 4pm, its drastic and ends at around 7:59pm every weekday.

so far i cant find a lot of online brokers that dont shut down their live trading at 4pm. its frustrating because, for example, every fucking tsla quarterly report they deliberately avoid any topics of substance until 4:01pm basically, so i get to sit there and watch in mute horror as my mistakes bloom.

Load Metric
    anyone fucking with this?

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-01-18 at 10.15.06 PM.png
Views: 593
Size:  144.4 KB

Thread Information