Page 57 of 144 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 2869

Thread: ELON MUSK IS GOD

Load Metric
    me watching bynd trade after hours:

"Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Amazon is worth 1T
    Disney is Worth 250B
    Netfix 167B

Larger list than this out there that a cock hungry for content.

CBS Viacom shit the bed (appropriate, look at the chart) today and is down to under 15B

They own Star Trek.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    WHY WONT IT STOP.... PLEASE JUST STOPPPPPPPPPPPP
    I'm dying

Load Metric
    Buying BYND is a bit like buying AOL back in the day because the internet is the future. Fake meat is the future, but we're only seeing the tip of the iceberg. There's a dozen companies working on lab-grown meat. BYND has a first mover advantage, but dunno that they'll be the eventual winner. And don't underestimate the meat lobby. They're trying to ban these companies from using words like 'burger', 'meat', and 'steak'.

Load Metric
    the thing that mystifies me about bynd is that somehow they have massive swings in their price despite me literally never hearing or seeing them mentioned anywhere.

for months i was convinced it was a russian outfit boiler room deal.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Fun trivia

Name:  1F6C6019-59DC-48F6-8CEA-DEA484C2193E.jpeg
Views: 1216
Size:  711.7 KB

Daily average revenue trades (DARTs)
    A metric in the brokerage industry that measures the number of trades per day that the broker generates revenue through commissions or fees.

This is different than throwing darts .... maybe not actually

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Fun trivia

Name:  1F6C6019-59DC-48F6-8CEA-DEA484C2193E.jpeg
Views: 1216
Size:  711.7 KB

Daily average revenue trades (DARTs)
    A metric in the brokerage industry that measures the number of trades per day that the broker generates revenue through commissions or fees.

This is different than throwing darts .... maybe not actually

Interesting, but true. MY trades have definitely increased since the zero commission.

Load Metric
    some saturday morning math:

if you snatch up 50 10-month call options on vix at a 17 strike price, it will cost $17.5k.

if vix hits 50 between now and november, which it did 29 times during the 2008 housing bubble, that 17.5k is worth $145k.

note that the november 18 expiration is the longest call option available right now. it would likely be prudent to wait until may so you can get options that expire comfortably after the november elections, for obvious reasons.

Comments

Tellafriend: props

Load Metric
    https://electrek.co/2020/02/17/porsc...arage-florida/

i believe about 130 porche taycan's have shipped and one of them has already burst into flames in a garage.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    some saturday morning math:

if you snatch up 50 10-month call options on vix at a 17 strike price, it will cost $17.5k.

if vix hits 50 between now and november, which it did 29 times during the 2008 housing bubble, that 17.5k is worth $145k.

note that the november 18 expiration is the longest call option available right now. it would likely be prudent to wait until may so you can get options that expire comfortably after the november elections, for obvious reasons.

You just want to watch the world burn dontcha?

Comments

sonatine: i just want to be able to afford the prettiest flames

Load Metric
    https://electrek.co/2020/02/20/tesla...gigafactories/

another tesla defection.

shun the nonbeliever.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    https://electrek.co/2020/02/20/tesla...gigafactories/

another tesla defection.

shun the nonbeliever.
    Way to bury the lead.

"It’s one of the biggest complaints I hear about Tesla and Elon Musk. They can not keep talent for a long period of time. Elon overworks them."

It means he gets evertything from his employees. Im ok with that.

Load Metric
    Piper Sandler just upped tesla Q1 EPS estimates.

#train

Load Metric
    its interesting to see funds increasing their tsla positions in the last couple of days.

for better or for worse, the consensus appears to be that $1200 is the low end of how far its going to rise once the model y numbers hit.

also tesla announced its solar roofs are going to be offered globally this year. i feel like either that turns into a fucking nightmare and blows the stock back to 300-450 (they set fires, the reflections blind pilots, fumes give cancer) or they basically save the world and tsla trades at 3k.

and honestly if trump wins and keeps the fed repo injections going, it will probably hit 3k regardless of solar because the /r/robinhood crowd are going to keep on putting money into it until its worth more than amazon and google because tsla is the fucking pewdiepie of stocks.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Another bloodbath Monday or are niggas gonna reup?

Load Metric
    i stopped trying to predict short term behavior a long time ago. there is such a huge list of reasons for continued bloodbathery. and on the other side of the ring you have the repo injections and fomo. and fed support and fomo are becoming less effective against the holistic realities of coronavirus, actual value, economic sanity, political turmoil every day.... but that doesnt mean you can predict short term trends off it, it just guarantees volatility and an obvious medium/long term outcome.

and more specifically, tesla is the undisputed heavyweight meme stock champion, so tying it to broader trends is ill advised. tsla wants to be $2500+ a share. /r/robinhood wants it to be $2500+ a share. jim cramer wants it to be $2500+ a share. youtube and instagram influencers want it to be $2500+ a share.

and without question, there can be a perfectly reasonable confluence of positive events (or lack of negative ones) that takes it there. at least for a few minutes.

my thing is.. i dont want to risk 60% of my investment on a 30% net return on a coin flip. id rather target the intraday volatility with a parlay on fiscal gravity and risk 10% of my investment on a 1000% net return at what is essentially 10-1 odds.

but seriously if youre just in it for the :glory then by all means, flip for rolls and hope elon leaks a sex tape of him and grimes or something and youll likely see a 300% return on your investment in hours.

Load Metric

lol, Friday wasn't close to a blood bath and for that matter neither was the entire week. but i'm expecting pain. market hasn't begun to factor the corona virus in yet.

Comments

OSA: I lost close to 3% of my port. What you talking bout

Load Metric
    wtf ?

the fucking pewdiepie of stocks

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post

lol, Friday wasn't close to a blood bath and for that matter neither was the entire week. but i'm expecting pain. market hasn't begun to factor the corona virus in yet.

i mean, spce lost 10% and spce was being touted as the new tsla by almost everyone in finance sosh media. heads were shook on that one. not arguing because i fundamentally agree regarding the overall prognosis but a lot of portfolios got whacked in the nuts last friday.

Thread Information