Page 74 of 144 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 2869

Thread: ELON MUSK IS GOD

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Wow. Surprised you don’t have it running on a dedicated machine. I know your ITSec but still. I don’t even do news search on my setup much less PFA

Nice hit on the SPY yesterday.

Please STFU Cramer. Historic shit and this idiot is on.

it was 100% server side issues. network connect was fine, cpu / ram fine. i just stopped receiving data or being able to send data within the platform. a few times actually.
    I heard TDAmeritrade was down. 1:30 wait on phone

Load Metric
    JPMorgan Shifts Scores of Workers to Mortgages to Handle Boom

Related
    I have this crazy idea of looking at the retail mall owners who hold huge real estate and a refinance would crush. Simon Properties? I’m lazy though.
    VA loan right now no money back 3.375

If we go to zero rates Freddie & Fannie May not lower rates from here. Does this hold water GBCP?

Wild new world.

10 year 1.12 To me that is the story. I can’t think what to do.
    Just rip the band aid Powell and go zero

I did TOL Toll House Cookies Builders $36.70 100 shares.

KBH just now 32.14

Mortgage has NOT tracked the 10 & 30 year yet! There is room

Buying. Gonna ruin my weekend with SPY $290.70 (so u can mock me Monday)
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 02-28-2020 at 12:57 PM.

Load Metric
    Did we just shoot our wad at the close?

Heavy heavy buying at close.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    that was 100 handles in the SP futures in the last 10 minutes...

what in the fuck is going on?

VIX slammed below 40...

yummy...

Load Metric
    Every idiot is gonna bargain shop Monday.

Supposed to buy close but weekend risk and actual crazy Trump/Fed possible action buuuuut Kudlow says officially we good.

Ughhh

I might do some AMZN and other unoriginal stuff

Metals XME just to be a sicko?
    Did I just run with the institutions (dumb money)?

I could get killed Monday. FML Enjoy the schadenfreude.. I will shut up now. Sorry for hyper posting.

Warren Zevon’s excitable boy

Platinum
    Load Metric
    san don't know enough about mortgages to comment if they'll keep lowering rates if we go to 0...

I keep checking, mortgage rates keep going down, so don't know if we've found the bottom yet...but view is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar from being informed...

EDIT: love the hyper posting, san...if this shit doesn't get your juices flowing you are dead inside...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    san don't know enough about mortgages to comment if they'll keep lowering rates if we go to 0...

I keep checking, mortgage rates keep going down, so don't know if we've found the bottom yet...but view is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar from being informed...

EDIT: love the hyper posting, san...if this shit doesn't get your juices flowing you are dead inside...
    I close on a new house on Tuesday, should have floated, down to 3.125 here, got 3.375 and I am mad for some reason.

Comments

sonatine: mazeltov regardless sir

Load Metric
    all im saying is

when people start getting turned away from hospitals because they are full, and footage of people collapsed in the street in midtown manhattan hits fox news, and every single plane seat in service tests positive for a virus that wont fucking die for 2+ weeks...

we are going to remember this dip fondly.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    all im saying is

when people start getting turned away from hospitals because they are full, and footage of people collapsed in the street in midtown manhattan hits fox news, and every single plane seat in service tests positive for a virus that wont fucking die for 2+ weeks...

we are going to remember this dip fondly.
    But this fixing Social Security, and transferring all that wealth to long-term HODL for their kids, is the greatest thing that will happen in market history.

Just remember that when trying to time the bottom.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post

I close on a new house on Tuesday, should have floated, down to 3.125 here, got 3.375 and I am mad for some reason.
    I hear ya...you feel like you "lost" on the trade...still gonna be way ahead at 3 3/8...

Load Metric
    and that's more exacerbated when everybody is leveraged up to the tits to try to get some sorta return...

and when is that generation going to say that's all the pain I can stand??

I'll be interested in the news this weekend more than normal. Also excited for more guidance pulling.

Load Metric
    so gap up monday -> fomo -> dogpile -> total carnage?

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    there are concepts of high finance that I could try to elucidate here, but why even bother.

Load Metric
    You never saw such euphoria over -357. So ya, pretty standard barring any weekend surprises. That’s where I placed my bets. But we be livin in volatile times so trick or treat

harness your considerable resources to imagine a country where the 10YR is 0.8% cause that’s where it looks like it’s headed.

We broke major support. 10YR monthly below from earlier today

Name:  1C37AB7D-D6A6-4589-8E89-389DA1A1EBCF.jpeg
Views: 841
Size:  648.3 KB

Grand economic visions aren’t my forte. I’m great at the next 5 minutes though

The market could go into ludicrous mode for a brief period before we break a transaxle.

One last real estate rush?

Currencies etc etc
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 02-28-2020 at 06:33 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    You never saw such euphoria over -357. So ya, pretty standard barring any weekend surprises. But we be livin in volatile times so trick or treat

harness your considerable resources to imagine a country where the 10YR is 0.8% cause that’s where it looks like it’s headed.

We broke major support. 10YR monthly below

Grand economic visions aren’t my forte

The market could go into ludicrous mode for a brief period before we break a transaxle.

Currencies etc etc

Then don't bother

Oh wait, have you got an in on the fighting Irish season?

pffffft, awful

the most pathetic thread second to Trump's train

Make Americans Cry Again

Whimpering p.o.s.

The last thing you could say about this site is that it's fun

Crying, scared and humourless
    Last edited by limitles; 02-28-2020 at 06:38 PM.

Load Metric
    Whelp gg market, Corona is loose in the US

Load Metric
    You never saw such euphoria over -357. So ya, pretty standard barring any weekend surprises. That’s where I placed my bets. But we be livin in volatile times so trick or treat

We broke major support. 10YR monthly below from earlier today

Grand economic visions aren’t my forte. I’m great at the next 5 minutes though

Currencies etc etc

its just to bizarre, people are acting like The War Is Over because a plunge reduction team re-inflated the balloon like 3%, meanwhile no one bothered to patch up the hole.

the virus outbreak is at the 'conductor tapping his baton' phase of the orchestra.

supply chains with china remain broken, so our tech industry remains broken.

global shipping.. is broken.

it reminds me of that scene in that documentary about STUXNET where they talk about why people dont trivially knock down each others power grids; standing them back up takes months. this doesnt get fixed with 100 S&P handles in 20 minutes of trading.

history will not be kind to the last 72 hours here.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I don't ever try to predict the future...wouldn't surprise me if we were up 100 on Monday or down 200...

CNBC is hot garbage and verbal masturbation of the highest order...they will just sit on the air and panic people when the market is crashing and cheer it when it's at all time highs...

the question to ask is this...why would people who have the ability to move the market 100 SP points in 5 minutes be buying going into a weekend with all this terrible shit swirling around? it makes no logical sense...if the market went down 100 points in 5 minutes that makes total sense...that's a flight to cash/safety headed into a weekend, liquidations, margin calls, etc...shit that's easily explained...I haven't seen one rational explanation for this move...

month end rebalancing? nah, you don't see this kinda sharp sudden move every month end...
    short covering? possibly...guys that took their pound out, didn't want to get caught short going into the weekend...
    confluence of these two things?
    a better explanation? i'd bet on that...

doesn't really seem like people with a shitton of money to play with really gave a shit about this virus and what could happen in two days with it...these guys didn't get to have all this money by being fucking stupid...it's very, very, very strange to say the least...

Load Metric
    I don't ever try to predict the future...wouldn't surprise me if we were up 100 on Monday or down 200...

CNBC is hot garbage and verbal masturbation of the highest order...they will just sit on the air and panic people when the market is crashing and cheer it when it's at all time highs...

the question to ask is this...why would people who have the ability to move the market 100 SP points in 5 minutes be buying going into a weekend with all this terrible shit swirling around? it makes no logical sense...if the market went down 100 points in 5 minutes that makes total sense...that's a flight to cash/safety headed into a weekend, liquidations, margin calls, etc...shit that's easily explained...I haven't seen one rational explanation for this move...

month end rebalancing? nah, you don't see this kinda sharp sudden move every month end...
    short covering? possibly...guys that took their pound out, didn't want to get caught short going into the weekend...
    confluence of these two things?
    a better explanation? i'd bet on that...

doesn't really seem like people with a shitton of money to play with really gave a shit about this virus and what could happen in two days with it...these guys didn't get to have all this money by being fucking stupid...it's very, very, very strange to say the least...

someone posted this and it resonated, but i know nothing about whats being described of course:

It’s the end of the month, pensions funds and other funds have to rebalance their portfolios. It created inflow on equities, since they underperformed the other asset classes this month.
    perhaps the deflated market simply over-responded to positive stimulus (^^^) that would otherwise just get lost in noise?

my assumption was, obviously, that it was deliberate and designed to end things on a less horrific note so they could use it to trampoline off of monday with whatever 'solution' they come up with before then but yeah a lot of people are scratching their heads, clearly.

Load Metric
    i’ll give you guys a clue: shanghai accord

Thread Information