Page 47 of 144 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797 ... LastLast

Thread: ELON MUSK IS GOD

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    OSint Python..... you’re not gonna like it but all previous price information is available in a graphic form and can be screened and analyzed and interpreted for behavior.

.... or you can dig using your own shovel. it might be more satisfying that way.

so i have a tool that does this but it quantizes data to 24 hour peaks, is there a free package that does more granular stats?

im getting comfortable with needing to pay for historic access but i also kinda hate it.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    follow up question is there a day trading platform that has hot keys for option buys/sells other than lightspeed?

thinkorswim has hotkeys for stocks but not for options, which is ignorant and hateful.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    OSint Python..... you’re not gonna like it but all previous price information is available in a graphic form and can be screened and analyzed and interpreted for behavior.

.... or you can dig using your own shovel. it might be more satisfying that way.

so i have a tool that does this but it quantizes data to 24 hour peaks, is there a free package that does more granular stats?

im getting comfortable with needing to pay for historic access but i also kinda hate it.
    Charts, chart theory. Candle stick theory.

This is your beloved TSLA on the daily

Name:  C01190AD-1F0E-4630-83F4-A9EABFDC5627.jpeg
Views: 1094
Size:  305.5 KB

An essay could be written about the psychology of those three days just based on the trading ranges.

Look up a description of each of those candlestick names and recall those days. Tell me if that doesn’t ring true.

Trading isn’t new. There are no magic data bullets. Humans haven’t changed that much over the centuries.

What has changed is that more people have access. So it’s poker. I know that you know what I know etc.

Or I throw up some Fibs and we all play the same bounce cause it’s like an unwritten rule

Comments

sonatine: <3

Load Metric
    I cut off the price on the right. That was the $900 blow off

Load Metric
    fucking love me some memestocks.

Load Metric
    I could go on and on and I’ve riffed about it over the years...

It would be enlightening to look over the shoulder of a trader.

Years ago I ended up in an online group run by a N.Y. Russian savant. Lol, I was prolly using a Commodore Vic 20. Almost that long ago. That guy could soul read. Life changing.

I remember trading Mark Cubans meme stock MAMA. That was the day it all changed for me.

He made us study some stuff so we were all speaking the same language.

You spent 8 hours a day grinding. The market wasn’t nearly as volatile as it is now. You might sit patiently and he could be an irascible dick. He felt no compunction to entertain you.

You’d post your shit & follow his. Someone would start getting good at certain plays/setups and you’d tail.

The signal to noise these days prolly is impossible but it would be nice to join a group on a free trial basis and lurk. Just for the intellectual curiosity if nothing else. What tools are they really using. Efficient habits and screeners. Again, I have no idea how you would identify a good group.

I blew myself up trying to noodle the game out on my own, I’m in no mood to revisit that story atm.

Comments

sonatine: heard

Load Metric
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/18/kare...ck-buying.html

cnbc pussyfooting around the 'who the fuck is buying all these stocks every night' mystery.

my personal theory is we just found out what happened to the confiscated epstein fund.

Load Metric
    things im recognizing about online day trader superstars:

biggest red flag so far:

"i made 7 figures last year" but they dont mention what sort of roll they had going into it.

if you spin $10k into $1m thats noteworthy. if you grind $1m with a $100m roll, youre not really blowing minds.

Load Metric
    things im recognizing about online day trader superstars:

biggest red flag so far:

"i made 7 figures last year" but they dont mention what sort of roll they had going into it.

if you spin $10k into $1m thats noteworthy. if you grind $1m with a $100m roll, youre not really blowing minds.
    Any kind of chatter like this has me fearing a massive drop.

Once everyone gets on a roll and greedy we will 7 out craps style.

Comments

sonatine:

Load Metric
    trumps new budget is about to be announced and its slashing safety net programs and foreign aid while giving corporations a 1% tax break.

so i think we have a good half a year of euphoric mania to tear the meat off of before the bartender turns on the lights.

Comments

SPIT this: unless he gets reelected

Diamond
    Load Metric
    trumps new budget is about to be announced and its slashing safety net programs and foreign aid while giving corporations a 1% tax break.

so i think we have a good half a year of euphoric mania to tear the meat off of before the bartender turns on the lights.

What world you living in where you think he's not getting reelected?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post

What world you living in where you think he's not getting reelected?

im starting to feel like youre not really getting this thread...

Load Metric
    so the budget announcement is march 11.

so i should probably dump my airline puts before march 10 (although i likely already will have as they expire march 20th) and put calls on amazon/salesforce/netflix...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SPIT this View Post
    Call it even?

RIP Sonatine's calls

oh i dumped that ages ago.

fun fact, they have an earnings report coming out friday morning.

#puts

Comments

SPIT this: big facts

Load Metric
    since 1900, whenever a political party has run the senate for more than 2 straight years, the market has crashed.

Load Metric
    are yall fucking with SCO?

Load Metric
    are yall fucking with SCO?
    Can Bloomberg create a fund for ultra-shorting his campaign?

Load Metric
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    LOW ENERGY
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SPIT this View Post
    LOW ENERGY

got kicked in the nuts when it traded sideways all day. imma keep my powder dry until the sec filing next week unless something dramatic pops up in google alerts.

Thread Information