Page 53 of 144 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 2869

Thread: ELON MUSK IS GOD

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    we spend so much time and energy focusing on the ludicrous / cult / bitcoin aspects of teslas stock behavior that we tend to forget shit like this:

https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Aut...Toyota-and-VW2
    You have to remember that Ford and Chevy are still using parts that they have more or less used since the 60s and 70s.

When you truly make a new vehicle from the ground up you have a huge advantage.

They haven't proven whether or not they can do manufacturing at scale yet though, as they are still losing money on every Model 3 they make (even though they sometimes try to claim otherwise).

excellent points, no argument here.

my background (tech) tends to make me focus on IP oriented equity. perfect example; cmoney didnt make most of his money directly off a product he developed. he made most of his money licensing out his patent. ibm pays microsoft $10 per windows license because it costs them less to do so than to develop a competing product in house. same principle. so to me, i factor in the current negative growth factors (per unit losses) and weigh them against the implied equity from holding a commanding r&d lead over the competition, a lead so generous at this point that it would cost competition probably 100x as much to develop their own proprietary solutions as it would to license existing solutions from tesla.

and the thing is, i dont think there is a way out of that gauntlet for them. ev solutions and autonomous navigation solutions are the golden path. top fund managers seem to be divesting themselves of oil, to me thats a huge tell. like regardless of the politics/science, when people who make money for a living say oil is over, thats actionable intelligence to me.

when japanese industrial scientists say 'we are 6 years away from a competing offering', they arent going to make a competing offering. they are going to license solutions from tesla.

thats my thesis.

thank you for attending my ted talk.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Lol

Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    we were all riffing briefly about fibonacci sequence some time back.

given that we are already back up to a solid 800 support level, i have to wonder if we are going to see tesla trade at amazon/google before the market's tits burst into flames this fall.

which is to say, perhaps youre 100% right but are simply one more massive growth spike off.

pretty sure we will see 2 things happen first if im right; tesla will acquire its solar competition and major automative players are going to start licensing their IP.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    would love to hear why enph chose to give an earnings report at the tail end of a 3 day weekend.

Load Metric
    Telsa stock still way over-valued.

Elon Musk should use his high market cap to buy out his competitors, other car companies like Ford and General Motors.

The electric car market is still very small and the U.S electric grid gets most of our electricity from fossil fuels such as coal and natural gas. Only 1% comes from solar power.

Coming soon...cars that run on hemp.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Telsa stock still way over-valued.

Elon Musk should use his high market cap to buy out his competitors, other car companies like Ford and General Motors.

The electric car market is still very small and the U.S electric grid gets most of our electricity from fossil fuels such as coal and natural gas. Only 1% comes from solar power.

Coming soon...cars that run on hemp.

its been a while since someone managed to miss so many points at once in this thread.

for this site especially thats something to take a bit of pride in, i suppose.

Load Metric
    apple just announced its going to miss earnings hard thanks to coronavirus.

Load Metric

absolutely shitting itself premarket.

Load Metric
    sitting here watching, watching tsla jump 5% pre market because there might be an announcement about gigafactory texas coming, im reminded that steve eisman shut down his fund in 2014 because it was no longer viable to use fundamentals to accurately gauge stock value.

Load Metric
    honestly if they announce texas giga in the next 48 hours, we are going to hit that $1200 morgan stanley price in minutes.

Load Metric
    honestly if they announce texas giga in the next 48 hours, we are going to hit that $1200 morgan stanley price in minutes.

It’s time to sell folks..... I don’t think it goes past 950 again. Could be wrong but this is it right here, Im making my call.

Load Metric

We have officially hit the point where a stock that was $200 6 months ago is “shitting it’s self” because it’s down $7 to $318.

Load Metric

It’s time to sell folks..... I don’t think it goes past 950 again. Could be wrong but this is it right here, Im making my call.
    i think model y and texas giga (if that exists) are going to be the last big upwards movements, id wait for that. but weve already agreed that none of this is rational so its not like im going to be embarrassed if youre righter than me here.

Load Metric

We have officially hit the point where a stock that was $200 6 months ago is “shitting it’s self” because it’s down $7 to $318.
    The sky isn’t falling.

There is NO other place for money to go. NONE

what are we looking at for a rate cut in March? 36%?
    Isn’t it like 83% by December?

The incumbent President is like 99.9999% to get a second term?

I don’t even look anymore. The fundamental cause remains unchanged.

Trade it with your friends but AAPL ain’t shitting itself. It can’t. It’s built into indexes etc.

And yet I am short since last week ... but I’m a ‘tard. The market, not AAPL
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 02-18-2020 at 11:47 AM.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    So from what I get from this thread is that I should take my rent money for the next cpl months and buy a few TSLA shares?

Done.

Load Metric
    Hey Tine

Are you a Virgin?

SPCE. I love that guy and if that makes me gay....

Spinning top

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Hey Tine

Are you a Virgin?

Spinning top

i had 100 2 year call options at $16 and dumped at $20. ask me more about my sex life.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Hey Tine

Are you a Virgin?

Spinning top

i had 100 2 year call options at $16 and dumped at $20. ask me more about my sex life.
    seeing it at 32 result in erectile dysfunction?

Load Metric
    I had to turn up the volume. Yup. Baritone

Serious as a heart attack, at the end of the piece the CNBC chick said, “thanks guys”

Name:  D1AD4193-24D7-44EE-9074-7E6086CC2D2C.png
Views: 5416
Size:  3.69 MB

Load Metric
    we are one more missed revenue announcement away from another all time high.

Load Metric
    also fwiw ENPH looks like its about to do something dramatic.

micdrop.

Thread Information