Page 11 of 144 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Thread: ELON MUSK IS GOD

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

i think musk's taste in women are exactly what one can expect from a guy who sent his signature vehicle into fucking space on the tip of a rocket his other company built.
    Autoerotica

Autoerocketa

Gimme some time to work on this

Comments

sonatine: go baby go

Load Metric
    But has Porsche run its Taycan there?

Porsche Taycan gets praise from Tesla’s Elon Musk on Nürburgring record
    https://www.teslarati.com/porsche-ta...ceo-elon-musk/

Name:  A4DE13FB-632B-4708-8F50-5A9AC64629D7.jpeg
Views: 2736
Size:  56.0 KB
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 09-12-2019 at 06:38 AM.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    But has Porsche run its Taycan there?

Porsche Taycan gets praise from Tesla’s Elon Musk on Nürburgring record
    https://www.teslarati.com/porsche-ta...ceo-elon-musk/

Name:  A4DE13FB-632B-4708-8F50-5A9AC64629D7.jpeg
Views: 2736
Size:  56.0 KB
    Holy shit! If there ever was an example of speaking too soon...

Tesla Model S beats Porsche Taycan’s Nurburgring lap by ~20 secs: German auto mag
    https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-mode...orsche-taycan/

Name:  8DB8F7EE-6C65-42DC-8D7D-F8963CBB448A.jpeg
Views: 2765
Size:  107.2 KB
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    this solarcity shit is a problem. the accusation at bar is that solarcity was insolvent but somehow musk saw fit to essentially funnel billions into it, and by extension his own pocket. even if one says 'ok well its a hugely important tech mission and the ends justify etc etc', the blowback could be really, really, really bad, and its amplifying every single unit failure event, eg a kit in colorado caught on fire and now thats the banner headline because of the other drama blowing up around solarcity. so there is a real potential for a perfect storm to go much further than the 6%+ drop in stock value today.

semi-related:

full disclosure.. i pulled my model y pre-order a couple of weeks ago for three reasons:

1) first run teslas tend to have problems and im not super into beta testing a car for free.

2) im not actually entirely convinced that the model y is going to drop before 2021.

3) there was a slight price drop in my chosen configuration and i'd have never known had i not logged in on a whim to check; after 'reconfiguring' my car (literally choosing all the same options and hitting save), my cost reflected the new price. not cool.

bonus reason:

4) when things go well with a tesla order, they go VERY well. when things dont, you end up in this weird bureaucratic maze where department x cant see whats going on in department y despite department z telling you that x are the people you need to speak with.

the china gigafactory is going to start generating revenue in earnest by years end pending Real Drama so im not viewing any of the issues at bar as extinction events, and ill gladly pick up my model y once they start shipping, but there just wasnt an upside to pre-ordering that i could find so here we are.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    this solarcity shit is a problem. the accusation at bar is that solarcity was insolvent but somehow musk saw fit to essentially funnel billions into it, and by extension his own pocket. even if one says 'ok well its a hugely important tech mission and the ends justify etc etc', the blowback could be really, really, really bad, and its amplifying every single unit failure event, eg a kit in colorado caught on fire and now thats the banner headline because of the other drama blowing up around solarcity. so there is a real potential for a perfect storm to go much further than the 6%+ drop in stock value today.

semi-related:

full disclosure.. i pulled my model y pre-order a couple of weeks ago for three reasons:

1) first run teslas tend to have problems and im not super into beta testing a car for free.

2) im not actually entirely convinced that the model y is going to drop before 2021.

3) there was a slight price drop in my chosen configuration and i'd have never known had i not logged in on a whim to check; after 'reconfiguring' my car (literally choosing all the same options and hitting save), my cost reflected the new price. not cool.

bonus reason:

4) when things go well with a tesla order, they go VERY well. when things dont, you end up in this weird bureaucratic maze where department x cant see whats going on in department y despite department z telling you that x are the people you need to speak with.

the china gigafactory is going to start generating revenue in earnest by years end pending Real Drama so im not viewing any of the issues at bar as extinction events, and ill gladly pick up my model y once they start shipping, but there just wasnt an upside to pre-ordering that i could find so here we are.
    I love Tesla as a company to invest in and a car to drive, I'm FAR less bullish on Solarcity and would be perfectly happy if Telsa divested.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

semi-related:

bonus reason:

I love Tesla as a company to invest in and a car to drive, I'm FAR less bullish on Solarcity and would be perfectly happy if Telsa divested.

yeah i feel like there was a unified theory end game where solarcity / tesla wall / car get bundled together and real talk i gladly sign the dotted line for that action, but my optimism is predicated on solarcity surviving long enough to roll out a stable product and train up competent installation engineers. my gut says the china / europe plays are going to stabilize the situation by q2 / q3 2020 but its going to be nerve wracking getting there.

Comments

tony bagadonuts: Excellent analysis

Load Metric

semi-related:

bonus reason:

glad to see my posts got you to DYOR and likely saved you a future headache

apology accepted - don't sweat it

Comments

tony bagadonuts: DYOR rep oh and post more
    Hi Lew!!!

Load Metric
    Possibly the best long-form user-generated unsponsored unintentional advertisement for a Tesla automobile to date. It’s 50+ minutes long, but don’t be surprised if you find yourself watching the whole thing.

Comments

sonatine: watched.

1marley1: Watched. Not sure about it was a good ad tho... what a pain in the ass charging and waiting...

Load Metric
    https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-smar...-map-location/

color me old fashioned but i think concepts like 'beta version' should be airgapped from anything automotive in nature.

Load Metric

color me old fashioned but i think concepts like 'beta version' should be airgapped from anything automotive in nature.
    Agreed although to be fair I would trust a beta version more than a lot of current human drivers.

On the other hand...in before “sorry officer I pressed summon and it mowed down some children you should charge Elon not me”

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

Agreed although to be fair I would trust a beta version more than a lot of current human drivers.

On the other hand...in before “sorry officer I pressed summon and it mowed down some children you should charge Elon not me”

yeah im being a bit facetious because obviously all this shit gets signed off on by transportation department plus its all 100% inevitable from a technology perspective, its just super unnerving.

Load Metric
    At least they didn’t call it alpha?

Comments

sonatine:

Load Metric
    Last edited by sonatine; 09-28-2019 at 05:51 PM.

Load Metric
    https://www.teslarati.com/greta-thun...schwarzenegger

absolutely guaranteed there is something in here to trigger every miniboomer on this site.

Load Metric
    Wait for it, wait for it.....

Production #’s .... I know that’s not really the point but still fun.

Whatcha smokin?

Comments

sonatine: #train

Load Metric
    i was going to suggest tesla roll back the auto-summon feature immediately but its absolutely central to their automated taxi-fleet uber-killer concept and they just acquired an AI company to help them make it happen, so i expect dark days on the stock front.

thats the naked face of the tesla gambit right now; can they survive long enough to roll out a functional self driving fleet of taxis. its a bit infuriating because im really not sure the potential upsides justify extending beyond their more immediate identity as 'a company selling an amazing car'.

im already seeing an avalanche of obviously fake auto-summon complaints getting the good old sosh media retweet amplifications from accounts clearly run/orchestrated by trollfarms so i hope to christ the market sees it as well as i do.

Comments

sah_24: Lol what a fucking clown ... no wonder you weigh 300 + lbs
    Last edited by sonatine; 10-02-2019 at 05:58 AM.

Load Metric
    There are times I want to offer myself as a sort of reverse proxy server between reality and yourself, Sonatine

There was once a time in the auto industry when “win on Sunday - sell on Monday” was a thing.

Of course, you weren’t buying Richard Pettys engine. It was cache. Tesla can code some trick shit. Trot it out on social media and Joe Rogan. The Tesla image will sell cars. You don’t have to jam it into production.

Go ahead and show off a little. Hype and braggadocio works.

You do get that cars are sold primarily based on image and marketing? It is about making and selling lots of cars at a profit. The rest is noise. You don’t have to buy the expensive product liability insurance.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 10-02-2019 at 08:12 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    There are times I want to offer myself as a sort of reverse proxy server between reality and yourself, Sonatine

There was once a time in the auto industry when “win on Sunday - sell on Monday” was a thing.

Of course, you weren’t buying Richard Pettys engine. It was cache. Tesla can code some trick shit. Trot it out on social media and Joe Rogan. The Tesla image will sell cars. You don’t have to jam it into production.

Go ahead and show off a little. Hype and braggadocio works.

You do get that cars are sold primarily based on image and marketing? It is about making and selling lots of cars at a profit. The rest is noise. You don’t have to buy the expensive product liability insurance.

i guess im feeling reticent because usually those updates are Good Things but this last one really does feel like its going to kill someone, so the usual shuck and jive vibe from tesla isnt really landing for me...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Thread Information