Page 9 of 144 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Thread: ELON MUSK IS GOD

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post
    Buy during the quarter after production numbers get leaked and then sell right before earnings.
    i almost want you to edit this out because its literally fiscal voodoo.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Buy during the quarter after production numbers get leaked and then sell right before earnings.
    I increased my position right before earnings so it shows what I know.

I expect Telsa to go to $1000 over the next few years so whether I bought at $230 or $255 doesn't matter.

Load Metric

I expect Telsa to go to $1000 over the next few years so whether I bought at $230 or $255 doesn't matter.

i came to the exact same conclusions, doubtless through less informed channels than you.

but if youve ever been to the google campus in the bay area, the parking lot is a literal sea of teslas.

that was the tipping point for me.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Stocks smocks, I turned 2.50 into 250 in 24 hrs. Rubes.

Comments

sonatine: get them.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric

i came to the exact same conclusions, doubtless through less informed channels than you.

but if youve ever been to the google campus in the bay area, the parking lot is a literal sea of teslas.

Here’s the problem with Tesla, they are infinitely worse for the environment than traditional cars and once the left figures that out electric vehicles will flatten out.

This doesn’t even account for the fact if we get another couple million electric vehicles on the road we will have constant and continuous rolling brown outs of our power grid.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post

Here’s the problem with Tesla, they are infinitely worse for the environment than traditional cars and once the left figures that out electric vehicles will flatten out.

This doesn’t even account for the fact if we get another couple million electric vehicles on the road we will have constant and continuous rolling brown outs of our power grid.
    Say what now?

Load Metric

california is already converting farmland to solar collectors, the cars are best in slot as it stands eg people who can afford any car on earth are waiting months to get teslas, and none of this is even taking into consideration that there are other irons in the elon fire that can be spectacular revenue streams.

so yeah i respectfully suggest that concerns about a fuel bottleneck for electric cars sounds like Something People Shorting Tesla Would Say.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

Say what now?
    Look at the mines that they get the rare metals from, those strip mines are fucking horrible. Besides what they do to the environment, the amount of energy required to mine those minerals is insane.

The reality is lots of these cars are being charged by coal and natural gas burning, burning more of those is fucking terrible for the environment. So you are still burning fossil fuels it’s just not as visible as the gas is. Yes we are getting more wind and solar energy but everything I have seen says by 2030 only 30% of the energy will be generated using those clean sources.

What about these hard metals and what do we do with them when the car is done? These batteries are basically toxic and we are going to have to bury them in the Earth like we do spent fuel rods.

Lastly, great yes we are going to reduce CO2 at some level but we are also pouring new NO2 and SO2 into the environment.

This doesn’t even account for the fact that we don’t actually have enough rare Earth minerals to make the batteries at the scale that’s needed to replace all gas burning cars.

Comments

Sanlmar: Takes courage

Load Metric
    eg people who can afford any car on earth are waiting months to get teslas

Let us dial back the time machine Sherman - to the year 2005-7.

Full employment and folks be flush with real estate equity (loans). Nothing said “I got fuck you money” like 8mpg

There is nothing wrong with fashion

Name:  528BBF95-10ED-4D63-BBD9-3C696FF9532D.jpeg
Views: 16242
Size:  207.6 KB
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 08-03-2019 at 04:37 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Say what now?
    Look at the mines that they get the rare metals from, those strip mines are fucking horrible. Besides what they do to the environment, the amount of energy required to mine those minerals is insane.

The reality is lots of these cars are being charged by coal and natural gas burning, burning more of those is fucking terrible for the environment. So you are still burning fossil fuels it’s just not as visible as the gas is. Yes we are getting more wind and solar energy but everything I have seen says by 2030 only 30% of the energy will be generated using those clean sources.

What about these hard metals and what do we do with them when the car is done? These batteries are basically toxic and we are going to have to bury them in the Earth like we do spent fuel rods.

Lastly, great yes we are going to reduce CO2 at some level but we are also pouring new NO2 and SO2 into the environment.

This doesn’t even account for the fact that we don’t actually have enough rare Earth minerals to make the batteries at the scale that’s needed to replace all gas burning cars.
    Look I've only got a couple of tinfoli hats left so let's just take the highlighted sentence above into question.

Your government has ditched future energy sources for one that has got us here.
    The rest of the world is not doing so. So any projections you are quoting regarding energy production are antiquated

Load Metric
    lotta IP wrapped up in those hummers?

because the IP/patents on the autodriving system alone is going to pay for his grimes clones for the next thousand years.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Look I've only got a couple of tinfoli hats left so let's just take the highlighted sentence above into question.

Your government has ditched future energy sources for one that has got us here.
    The rest of the world is not doing so. So any projections you are quoting regarding energy production are antiquated
    P.S. i don't give a flying fuck if Tesla does this or that. Letting them go on their own with no US government support or regulation and supporting a finite resource that is harmful to our environment is simply backwards. There will be other options down the road but coal and oil have had their day.

Load Metric

because the IP/patents on the autodriving system alone is going to pay for his grimes clones for the next thousand years.
    Name:  39DB7CA0-ACED-492C-A0EE-DF3D3C49EC54.jpeg
Views: 16236
Size:  85.5 KB

Load Metric

The old saying was “lead and life don’t mix”.

We are largely just swapping problems. E-waste.

I remember reading articles about destitute kids in Indonesian land fills pawing through the recycled automotive batteries for the lead. Always thought about the reality of where the battery I turned in to AutoZone ended up.

Then I got a latte from the Starbucks drive thru and instantly felt better

Random sanlmar story 9731:

So I’m getting gray hairs. I google Grecian formula. Immediately, I am slammed with angry product reviews.

Universal and amazing pissed off reviews. Wtf.

Apparently, one of the 2 key ingredients used to be lead acetate. It occurred in concentrations that exceeded those found in old lead paint.

The Grecian formula was revised and according to loyal customers of decades or more ... the product now is worthless.

Great trivia
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 08-03-2019 at 05:32 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Name:  39DB7CA0-ACED-492C-A0EE-DF3D3C49EC54.jpeg
Views: 16236
Size:  85.5 KB

that quote is from 2014. tesla is a patent factory and has been for a minute. they may have open sourced elements of their auto driving technology but by every known metric, its a market of one for the forseeable future.

google AI+tesla+patent, they are playing great.

and so we are clear the model y is going to be bigger than early 80s van halen.

Comments

limitles: I lol'd

Load Metric
    Yeah, David Lee Roth before he lost his hair.

Everybody goes to parties
    They dance this mess around

tbh I’m losing my passion for the Tesla debate and am just messing around wit u.

I’m prolly gonna get some electric performance - hybrid? Who knows? Doubt it’ll be Tesla. The market will be filthy with choices any moment now.

The new mid engine Corvette was designed with electric in mind. That informs my small mind.

Load Metric
    Name:  E10931A7-1F30-4F80-A3D7-FA7ACB2B6C98.jpeg
Views: 15006
Size:  96.4 KB

Load Metric
    one thing that disappoints me about the model 3 / model y, is this obsession with 'performance' aka going from 0 to 60 in like 3.4 seconds.

the most immediate cost of that fetish is that it has racing tires. and they are not durable.

i am really, really, really hoping i can put some normal goddamned all weather suv tires on a model y.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

tbh I’m losing my passion for the Tesla debate and am just messing around wit u.

oh dont worry, since im backing them publicly you can rest absolutely assured that any minute now, musk is going to smoke angel dust on facebook livestream and remotely program all his cars to crash into the nearest power plant.

Comments

limitles: that's two in a row lol

Load Metric

Thread Information